Type keyword(s) to search

The Drew Barrymore Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Oral hygiene on her private parts?  :)

Haha! Thanks for pointing that out. Obviously I didn't intend to say "oral" hygiene. Gwen would have a very special talent if she could do oral hygiene on her private parts 😊

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1

I only started watching her show this year and really like it. I love that Ross is basically a co-host too. I still remember him when he did stuff for The Tonight Show as "Ross the intern" in the mid 2000's and hoping I'd see more of him on TV in the future. 

• Like 2

I forgot to add this earlier. I'm glad ratings are up.  Hopefully the additional airings on UPtv will help the ratings even more. Even though I'm a Kelly Clarkson fan I don't watch very often.. I like the kind of laid back vibe Drew's show has compared to Kelly's.  I forget about Jennifer Hudson's show because it comes on in the morning here.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Well, I will agree that her show is light years better than it was when it first started.  It was truly awful for the first several months.  But neither hers or Kelly's are must see TV for me.  I turn them on once in a blue moon and see I haven't missed anything.  But I do prefer her quieter style to Kelly as Kelly has gotten worse while Drew has improved.  So I will give her that :-)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

If her show is doing so well, why would they break it up into 30 minute episodes that people can't even find?  That's very disrespectful of the network.  And illogical.  And mind-boggling.

The article says her ratings have continued to get higher so far this season too. I mentioned before that where I am both halves of her show air back to back as one whole hour. In other places the two half hours air at different times and then others only get one of the half hours.

The only thing I can really think of when it comes to explaining what was done in regards to breaking it up is that maybe more people don't mind watching 30min as opposed to an hour? Maybe by airing 2 halves at completely different times gives people a bigger window to catch one of them daily or more affiliates were open to begin airing or keeping the show if it took up less time on their schedules? It can be cheaper to do 30 minute shows but what they've done with her's  is so confusing  if its not one of the thing I speculated. Anyone else have any ideas?

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I watch Drew sometimes and I enjoy it.  Ross is a great cohost.  I think she’s just a breathe of fresh air.  I wouldn’t put her in the same category as Kelly, Jennifer, and some other lesser hosts.  They are very loud and hyper, almost obnoxious.  

• Like 4
On 11/30/2022 at 11:38 AM, alexa said:

Well, I will agree that her show is light years better than it was when it first started.  It was truly awful for the first several months.  But neither hers or Kelly's are must see TV for me.  I turn them on once in a blue moon and see I haven't missed anything.  But I do prefer her quieter style to Kelly as Kelly has gotten worse while Drew has improved.  So I will give her that :-)

I agree she’s gotten much better, but why did they chop her to 30 minutes.  She is her best in every movie she made.  I watched “Blended” for about the 50th time with Adam Sandler, and the baseball movie with Jimmy Fallon is hilarious.  She plays lots of love interests too.  UPt.v. Is what channel?   Love all her movies as she’s a great actress.  Very believable.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1

Drew and Phil Rosenthal held a conversation at the 92 Y on YouTube. I'm torn between the intended conviviality of the chat and Drew's inability to ever STFU for a minute.

It's why I rarely watch the show anymore--Chicago broadcasts one 30-minute show in the a.m. and two 30-minute shows on another channel in the evening. It's not like she's evil, she's just so extra. Breathe, sweetie.

• Like 1
On 1/18/2023 at 11:30 AM, kristen111 said:

I agree she’s gotten much better, but why did they chop her to 30 minutes.  She is her best in every movie she made.  I watched “Blended” for about the 50th time with Adam Sandler, and the baseball movie with Jimmy Fallon is hilarious.  She plays lots of love interests too.  UPt.v. Is what channel?   Love all her movies as she’s a great actress.  Very believable.

I love those movies too!

• Love 1

In “Blended” she looked so beautiful with the makeup and flowing long hair.  Clothes, hair and makeup does wonders for her.  In the beginning of her now shows, between the outfits, hair and minimal makeup, she looked homely.  Her clothes are getting better tho.  One half hour isn’t enough.  I got a quick phone call this morning and missed Josh’s lasagna.  Maybe u- tube has it.  It’s quick n easy.  Mine takes lots of time.

• Like 1

Nia Long talking about embracing aging in terms of not caring about lines or wrinkles and being okay with gray hair felt cringey.  Her forehead doesn't move and her hair is pure black.  She has the skin of a 20 year old which, even with great genes, means she puts effort into skin care.  Being an actress, I fully understand she is stuck in an industry that insists she stay as close as possible to a ridiculous standard of beauty.  It's just a bit much when she is lecturing others on embracing aging. 

• Like 2

I watched an episode somewhat recently and wondered why she sat so close to her guests.  Then I saw an online thing about her interview with Oprah stroking her arm.  I guess that is just Drew but not everyone wants someone sitting quite so close.

• Like 1

I only watched a hand full of shows before I had to stop because I would get a giant case of second hand embarrassment for her but I have seen her practically climb into people's laps; Shania Twain being one of them and another time she got down on her hands and knees during an interview.  Like literally on the floor. 

I see clips here and there online, like the recent Oprah one that you mentioned.  She must be aware of people's comments about her fawning and pawing at the guests so I figure she must be punking us all now and does it on purpose. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I only watched a hand full of shows before I had to stop because I would get a giant case of second hand embarrassment for her but I have seen her practically climb into people's laps; Shania Twain being one of them and another time she got down on her hands and knees during an interview.  Like literally on the floor. 

I see clips here and there online, like the recent Oprah one that you mentioned.  She must be aware of people's comments about her fawning and pawing at the guests so I figure she must be punking us all now and does it on purpose. 

I wondered the same about doing it on purpose now.  Because the interview I saw was with 2 random people, and I noticed that she was just sitting so close to them, and it looked awkward--like she was closer than I am when I sit on the couch with my 2 family members.  I remember joking with them and showing them what Drew's interview looked like, and it felt awkward to be talking to them with our heads so close together, lol!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 2/13/2024 at 4:19 PM, DanaK said:

I watch sometimes and it also bothers me that she sits so close to guests

Agree.  And I kind of like Drew in a way.  

I checked it out lately because Christina Aguilera was a guest.  Long time fan.   The personal space thing and excessive eye contact was a little much for me.  

• Like 2

My Home Ec teacher taught us that Vaseline lash trick when we were in Jr High-decades ago! 🤣