Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E14: Results Show 2

• Start Topic

• Keenan's daughter is very cute.
  • Bonavega vs VOOC Choir vs Kameron Ross: Who's shocked? Anyone? No?
  • Vincent Markus vs BAD Salsa: Please step forward. Or, y'know, stay seated on your screen on the other side of the planet.
  • When did Heidi join an 80s hair band? (Judging by her jacket, I assume Def Leppard.)
  • Daneliya vs Moustache Masks vs Kelvin: I bolded the first two before they announced them, because they were obvious; I couldn't decide which precocious kid would get this one.
  • Dunkin Save:  Puppies vs Firestarter vs Spyros Bros: OMG stop crying.
  • Judges' Audience Vote Save: Puppies vs Firestarter: Keenan sounds like he's saying "you're adorable but you're not gonna win this." (And she knows it so just finish judging, Howie, so she can get off the stage. She looked so confused when Howie picked her. And then she lost anyway. Poor kid.)

8 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I've become fascinated with the top of Terry Crews' head; it develops a deep V in it when he speaks. Then goes away when he's quiet. "Fascinating." TM Mr. Spock

tenor.gif

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I've become fascinated with the top of Terry Crews' head; it develops a deep V in it when he speaks. Then goes away when he's quiet. "Fascinating." TM Mr. Spock

Between that & the BRIGHT ORANGE Satin suit...whew!  Terry seems to like the tight fitting satin suits 🙂

• LOL 3
49 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Keenan sounds like he's saying "you're adorable but you're not gonna win this." (And she knows it so just finish judging, Howie, so she can get off the stage. She looked so confused when Howie picked her. And then she lost anyway. Poor kid.)

This is exactly why people have the opinion that children that young should not be in these kinds of competitions.

• Love 7

I never thought I'd see it, but Darci Lynne Farmer was horrendous.  This season has been a pandemic unto itself.

The one thing I enjoyed was the jidges on the jalopy (Tour).  It amazed me each time I ever took the standard tour that McHale's Navy was produced at the lagoon used now for Jaws. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I never thought I'd see it, but Darci Lynne Farmer was horrendous.

Thanks for reminding me. I had that blocked. It was indeed horrendous. She has no manager who could have stopped her? Because it was brutal.

I wasn't really watching. Did the Little Girl Pet Partner start crying? She's gonna be scarred for life. She might have to move on from dogs and take up fire breathing to get herself back on track as an entertainer.

38 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Terry seems to like the tight fitting satin suits 🙂

Can't do The Boob Bounce in loose-fitting clothes!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I wasn't really watching. Did the Little Girl Pet Partner start crying? She's gonna be scarred for life. She might have to move on from dogs and take up fire breathing to get herself back on track as an entertainer.

She started tearing up when Howie was talking, then looked shocked when he picked her, then then during the end chaos the camera panned across her face again and it was obvious she was trying not to cry.

• Useful 1

I have to say, I do like the contestants who look upbeat during the elimination round and can at least smile for their last time on national tv. The ones who look like their death sentence is being pronounced and they are going to be handcuffed and marched off to the gallows or firing squad ... gah, get over yourselves. (Unless that's what the show really does with the losers ...)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/19/2020 at 8:54 PM, Babalooie said:

This is exactly why people have the opinion that children that young should not be in these kinds of competitions.

I tell you what, if Simon was present, she would've gone through. I agree, I think there should be an age limit on these shows. The judges put her through because they think she's cute, but when they're faced with better contestants they're stuck.

Edited by rr2911
grammar
  • Love 3

Set the DVR for an extra 15 minutes and it ran over by 17. So the danger act got the final slot, huh. Well Bad Salsa went through and that was the only act I cared for. Good going, kids! Darci Lynn really was bad. Did she just throw that together? The Australian accent was barely there, but worse she made almost no attempt to distinguish the character's voice from her own.

Jabbawockeez had nothing better to do because entertainment shows are still locked down in Nevada.

• Love 3

Another thing I thought I would never, ever, witness:  A minutes-long vignette of the gang having soooo much fun at Universal, with Terry practically shouting, "IT'S CLOSED!!!!" at the end of it.  All that planning and execution, with no payoff.  No park for you!  There's no bad guy here.  I just find it amazing that this is where we are.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, saber5055 said:

(Unless that's what the show really does with the losers ...)

Hmm...there are a lot of acts who make it far and then are never heard from again...🤔

7 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Jabbawockeez had nothing better to do because entertainment shows are still locked down in Nevada.

Probably true, but I will take it. I like them.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Babalooie said:

I'm one of those people, and have been advocating a minimum contestant age for years, but it will never happen. This show is built around kid acts and sob stories. (And if you have a kid act who has a sob story, that's gold).

As someone else mentioned, had Simon been there, he probably would've pushed through that lame dog act. There's never been a dog act, no matter its quality, that he didn't fight for. 

Voices of the City Choir and Bad Salsa were no-brainers for getting through. I think both will be there at the end, but Bad Salsa will likely finish fourth or fifth and the choir has a real shot at winning. It's all about the uplifting message, the sob stories, and the "diversity." I see no one this year who has the overwhelming talent (like Shin Lim) to beat that. (Anyone remember "talent," what this show is supposed to be about? It's right there in the show's title).

Well, at least only 2 musical acts went through out of 5, instead of 4 out of 5 like last week. (Although you could argue that Double Dragon is as much a comedy act as a musical act). Even better, only one of the two kid singers went through. 

Some tough comments here on Darci Lynn. I agree that act was not up to her usual standards, but for me, a second rate Darci Lynn performance still beats anyone on the show this year.

I do think that as she grows into young womanhood they may need to retool her act a bit. Some of the stuff that was adorable when she was 10 will not work the same way at 16. (I wonder if at some point she will step away from show business, or take an extended break and maybe reinvent herself. She's good enough to make it as a singer without the ventriloquism. I remember someone writing that she's the best kid singer AGT has ever had, even with her mouth closed).

That was the second night in a row that I had to do a double take because I wasn't sure it was Heidi. She must be really bored. When they first showed her what flashed through my mind was 1970s Dyan Cannon..

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, bluepiano said:

Some tough comments here on Darci Lynn. I agree that act was not up to her usual standards, but for me, a second rate Darci Lynn performance still beats anyone on the show this year.

In reading several comments abut Darci Lynne, I have been thinking that she is getting to the age when teenagers become a little rebellious.  She may be getting tired of it after doing it for so long now and may want to spend more time with her friends, which is normal at her age.  She's 15, now.         

Darci Lynne

Birth nameDarci Lynne Farmer

BornOctober 12, 2004 (age 15)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, U.S.

Occupation(s)Ventriloquist, singer

InstrumentsVocals

Years active2014–present

Websitedarcilynne.com

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, ketchuplover said:

jabberwocky thing looked fake to me 😞

You aren't the only one. Something about it looked edited in post. Dropped frame or something to sharpen some of the moves.

• Love 1

The only surprise came at the end when Howie chose Alexis over Jonathan.  The point became moot because it caused a tie and then America spoke:  "We don't like dog acts."

I felt like Madam X and Her Crystal Ball with my predictions always coming true.  No surprises here, which is a good thing because I don't have to feel outraged at the injustice of it all!

Edited by CrystalBlue
Yes, my Crytal Ball is a blue one. Ha!
  • LOL 1
On 8/19/2020 at 6:03 PM, ams1001 said:
  • Keenan's daughter is very cute.
  • Bonavega vs VOOC Choir vs Kameron Ross: Who's shocked? Anyone? No?
  • Vincent Markus vs BAD Salsa: Please step forward. Or, y'know, stay seated on your screen on the other side of the planet.
  • When did Heidi join an 80s hair band? (Judging by her jacket, I assume Def Leppard.)
  • Daneliya vs Moustache Masks vs Kelvin: I bolded the first two before they announced them, because they were obvious; I couldn't decide which precocious kid would get this one.
  • Dunkin Save:  Puppies vs Firestarter vs Spyros Bros: OMG stop crying.
  • Judges' Audience Vote Save: Puppies vs Firestarter: Keenan sounds like he's saying "you're adorable but you're not gonna win this." (And she knows it so just finish judging, Howie, so she can get off the stage. She looked so confused when Howie picked her. And then she lost anyway. Poor kid.)

tenor.gif

• Aren't they all?
  • Predicted and I accept my award for most insightful prediction of the night.
  • No brainer decision and the judges got it right.  So did we all here, I'm sure.  Good for Bad Salsa!
  • Get the crimper heated up, Hair & Makeup Dept.!  Heidi's feeling retro tonight!
  • I knew Daneliya and Her Distracting Dress would win over Kelvin Without Glasses, and it was a shoe in (or is that a shoe out) that Mustache Men were getting shown the door since Howie dissed them.
  • Yeah, pull yourself together.  BTW, someone who I'm too lazy to scroll up to find out said that the quiet one might be autistic.  I don't think he's autistic.  He's the bro who was bullied all his life so again, sob story winner.
  • The only surprise of the judging with Howie throwing a buoy out to a little girl only to have all her hopes and dreams dashed before she even enters junior high.  I rooted for the dog though, but we knew the whole act wouldn't have been a final triumph anyway.  Maybe Alexis can start acting lessons and leave the dog training to Ma and Pa and the wolfhounds.
  • LOL 1
On 8/19/2020 at 6:46 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Between that & the BRIGHT ORANGE Satin suit...whew!  Terry seems to like the tight fitting satin suits 🙂

The better to flex his pecs under his satin shirt.  (Which always eeks me out.)  Terry and Sofia were color coordinated!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ketchuplover said:

jabberwocky thing looked fake to me 😞

Unless Jabberwocky was a featured entertainer in the recent years and I've already foprgotten them, I'm unfamiliar with their glory days.  I didn't like their act tonight so I don't know if it was as a result of fakery or me not just feeling the jabberwocky vibes.

I'm a big Darci Lynne fan and I loved seeing her again.  I didn't particularly like her hair do tonight but loved her outfit.  As for the act, it was a little off with the Aussie accent coming and going and Igor or whatever the puppet's name was voice not being distinctive enough.  I'm not a Bieber fan so I wouldn't know even one of his songs.  Not the best performance ever but still better than some of this season's "talent."

9 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:
  • Yeah, pull yourself together.  BTW, someone who I'm too lazy to scroll up to find out said that the quiet one might be autistic.  I don't think he's autistic.  He's the bro who was bullied all his life so again, sob story winner.

Another possible factor: IIRC from the first appearance, the younger brother seems to speak better English, so maybe he's not so confident speaking, especially in that setting.

17 hours ago, Babalooie said:

In reading several comments abut Darci Lynne, I have been thinking that she is getting to the age when teenagers become a little rebellious.  She may be getting tired of it after doing it for so long now and may want to spend more time with her friends, which is normal at her age.  She's 15, now.         

She's always come across as an intelligent, down-to-earth girl, not an entitled show biz brat. So after performing professionally since she was 10, as she gets into her later teen years it might be time to step away and experience a more normal life. Whatever she does, I hope she's happy. For me, she's always been a ray of sunshine and one of the three or four best winners of this show. She's also the exception to the rule about needing age minimums. (I still think they should have them).

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 5

When you stand back and look at what acts made it this far, it's dumbfounding to think how many acts auditioned or wanted to make it to the audtions and this is the best of the best? A very standard dog act, not that polished or performed well, that you could see at any county fair? A few kids who can kind of sing okay? A pretty routine juggling act? 

And what's with this obsession with Bello? Are they just letting professionals come on the show over and over? Bello headlined Ringling Brothers circus, for pete's sake! If Celine Dion decides to audition, do they just have to put her through and let her win over all the non professionals? 

Sheesh. This show used to be more fun to watch.

• Love 3

The ones who look like their death sentence is being pronounced and they are going to be handcuffed and marched off to the gallows or firing squad ... gah, get over yourselves. (Unless that's what the show really does with the losers ...)

There was this Dr. Who episode...but no spoilers.

One of the reasons I dislike having kids on the show is because "I worked my whole life for this" doesn't have the same impact.  It is a good demonstration of the difference between "sunk cost" and 'value to others", though.

I didn't dislike Darci Lynne's performance as much as some of you--but I think it wasn't quite there yet.  (Good to keep developing new stuff, though.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tango64 said:

And what's with this obsession with Bello? Are they just letting professionals come on the show over and over? Bello headlined Ringling Brothers circus, for pete's sake! If Celine Dion decides to audition, do they just have to put her through and let her win over all the non professionals? 

But the sad thing is that Bello has not done well on AGT.

Why would he even enter? He's certainly set himself up to be humiliated by losing to a bunch of amateurs, or marginal professionals. There have been some other seasoned professionals who have gone on this show, but they're built their careers in other countries, so it's worth it to them to get established in the US, and if they fail, it's not that big a deal.  

As for Bello, well, I once met him an a corporate event put on my then-employer. He had lots of attitude and was not liked by anyone who had to deal with him. So his lack of success on AGT is fine with me. 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, bluepiano said:

As for Bello, well, I once met him an a corporate event put on my then-employer. He had lots of attitude and was not liked by anyone who had to deal with him. So his lack of success on AGT is fine with me. 

Wow, interesting. He would come on the local tv talk show every year when Ringling came to town. Surprising/not surprising to hear he's not "all that" in person. It's interesting to hear stories of famous people (Bello is famous IMO) and what they are really like IRL, when the camera is not on them. Some are real jackasses.

• Love 1