Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: Live Show 2

• Start Topic

• Fourteen-year-old who could pass for ten says "when I was young"...🙄
  • Moustache-mask dance group...did we see them before? (I guess they were a "virtual" audition.) I liked them. Partly for using Neon Trees. They were fun.
  • Howie was kinda rude to them.
  • Hey, Heidi, did you know someone took a razor blade to your shirt?
  • Gay singer: Uh...not good.
  • "Pretty okay" isn't really a ringing endorsement...
  • BAD Salsa...I got dizzy just watching that...😵
  • Vincent Markus: does he have anything other than nursery rhymes? Still couldn't tell you any of the voices...
  • Alexis and Pups: Cute, but I'd rather just have umbrella drinks with the dogs.
  • "Thank you but I don't think I could train wolves." 😄
  • Bonavega: well, that was...uh...pink. 
  • Just went googling to see if there were any updates on how Simon's doing; didn't find anything more recent than last week. 
  • Did Heidi just say "David LeRoth"?
  • Spyros Bros: A "my brother was bullied" sob story isn't really any better than an "I was bullied" sob story.
  • Had to google...Pedro Flores

Pedro Flores was born in Vintar, Ilocos Norte, Philippines and came to the United States in 1915. He attended the High School of Commerce in San Francisco 1919-1920 and subsequently studied law at University of California, Berkeley and the Hastings College of Law in San Francisco. Flores dropped out of school and moved to Santa Barbara, California where he worked at odd-jobs to make a living.

While working as a bellboy, Flores read an article about a self-made millionaire who made his money by selling a ball attached to a rubber band. At this point he remembered the yo-yo (previously known as the bandalore), a game which has been played for hundreds of years in the Philippines. Bringing it all together, Flores saw a good market opportunity in the US, and the ability to go into business for himself.

• Daneliya Tuleshova: I was very distracted by her dress...
  • Jonathan Goodwin: "Trial by Fire" stunt that he's never done before. Nope. Nopitey nope nope nope.
  • "Dangerous Stunt. Do Not Attempt" Thanks, AGT. 
  • Choir: Meh. At least it wasn't an original song.
  • Maybe I'm heartless. Am I heartless?
  • Good night, America.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Superclam said:

So bad. It seemed like he couldn't hear himself. 

He was pretty monotone, especially with a song that has a lot of highs and lows in terms of range.

Vinny is cute, but that was pretty dull. His act is imitating rapping styles with nursery rhymes and original stuff? Unless you’re into hip hop or at least know who he was trying to impersonate (there was one I didn’t know at all), people wouldn’t get this.

Bad Salsa was BONKERS.

• Love 2
Just now, mtlchick said:

His act is imitating rapping styles with nursery rhymes and original stuff? Unless you’re into hip hop or at least know who he was trying to impersonate (there was one I didn’t know at all), people wouldn’t get this.

Plus, he did pretty much the exact. same. thing. the last time. 

• Love 3

I only voted for Indian dancers ( hardworking, very sweet, loved the dress), Spyro brothers, and the dogs.

showing my age, I’m with howie could not figure out any of the rappers. 

The graphic set set designs are awesome.  Hope the team gets considered for an Emmy.

• Love 4

How did a conference that was 90% taped still run over? Had to watch the City Choir online. Bonavega would be fun at a gay club. Marco Spyro sounds autistic, not just introverted. Camera crew doing their usual crappy job during the dance crew performance. They are no V.Unbeatable but good job incorporating masks. Really liked Bad Salsa. I did notice a few mistakes but they were so fun and fantastic I can overlook it. Singers were all worse than the ones from the first live show. And was I the only one who thought 'Karma!" when the gay guy said his mother had cancer? Dogs were cute but I totally zoned out after the first 30 seconds. I guess she doesn't know what a wolfhound is?

If I bothered to vote it would only be for Bad Salsa.

• Love 2

I'm just going to watch a few clips, because the lack of crowd, etc. (not to mention talent) just makes this literally intolerable. I got a bulletpoint text from my friend saying "Simon brokeback" to which I responded "Him and Howie did seem awfully close..." (I've been saving that one for like 2 weeks).

Since everyone seemed to not like the rap imitator, I watched him and it was shite. If you can imitate all those people, then I guess your options for making an act out of it are pretty limited if you're trying to appeal to the biggest audience. I said before that he could write original verses, but I realized most people wouldn't be able to tell if he was just doing a cover. At the very least, I realized I'm not old yet, since I recognized every voice he did. I'll know I'm old when the pretty girls' pointing and whispering at me turns into no attention at all.

Damn, it seems every performance is either boring singing or a kid doing a mediocre act nobody really wants to watch.

Jonathan Goodwin - The danger of this act will really be lost on everyone if he's brave enough to be surrounded by fire yet it's found out he washes his hands 30 times a day out of fear of "it". How do these danger guys even begin a career with no money? Do they sign up for engineering courses at university and not tell anyone they're there so they can build torture devices for themselves? Despite my history of saying innumerable stupid things, they are to a degree real questions. I thought he was a psychic for a second, because he looked to the camera and addressed me as "Mom", somehow knowing I was in fetish mode. With how progressively worse the show is getting, I hope he can send me the schematics for that vault over his face in time for next week's episode. I thought it was pretty decent, but I read the comments and everyone was saying how he wasn't really picking the locks and was just waiting for the fire to spread to his body. Maybe it's my longstanding habit of staring through the TV that made me not pay attention, but I almost wish I hadn't spoiled my own vague interest in this performance.

Bonavega - I don't see how this could pass for entertainment in any capacity. You'd probably be treated to something like this after your gay friend got drunk after finding out tickets to actually see The Weeknd were sold out. This act could win a million dollars if the prize was valued in the next big period of hyperinflation. If Zimbabwe's Got Talent is a thing, I don't think their currency's value has a big enough digit for it to sound impressive (look up the Zimbabwe Dollar, it's quite funny)

The Shape - Garbage. Heidi and Sofia need to be put in straight jackets during any musical performance, as seeing them sway to every song makes me angrily do the jitterbug on top of the TV.

To collectively sum up the performances I didn't watch: SHITE. The show is so boring I can't even feel mad anymore.

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Well I started watching about 70 minutes in, FF'ing throuhg the stuff I had no interest in (like kids acts and singers), and I had to burn a Judge Judy ep before finishing it off because I caught up to live with 20 minutes to spare. 

The 2 dancing acts and the yo-yo act were the only ones I really liked, and the danger act was fun in itself. The singers, (including the choir) I have no interest in, and I watched the dog act long enough to realize it was lacking a certain energy most animal acts should have; it felt sluggish. The few singing acts I did pause enough to see parts of, I was a bit annoyed that most of the time their mics didn't seem to be working; I could barely hear the start of the rapper or some of the others. 

Kelvin Dukes, the little kid, got a pro video but was a "meh" singer. I could see him on Disney channel though, but he'd better hurry up before he's not cute any more and out of a job.

Shape group dancers. Best part was afterward when no one could answer why they named themselves "Shape."

Gay singer. So does mom not like him because he's gay but now she does because she has cancer? That so wasn't clear to me. But I suspect it's similar to Contortionist Boy's estranged sisters now becoming his BFFs. AGT will do that to dysfunctional families.

Oh: I didn't care for his singing all that much either.

Heidi is in disguise tonight. Good, bad or doesn't matter? Not sure.

BAD Salsa was a better dance duo than the Latin couple that made it almost to the end of WOD. By a mile. But why, when they are being pro videoed, didn't they edit the couple of small errors out? If they can sound mix those singers, they can edit that video.

I wrote down "Vinny Markus -- don't think he's good." But can't remember what his act was. Forgotten. I guess that says it all.

Alexis the Dog Act. The editing even included several "audience" close ups as well as judge close ups. The dog climbing the two ladders while stretched between the two was impressive. But I wish the kid would quit getting praised for being such a talented dog trainer when her two parents are in the background setting up the tricks. No, Alexis is NOT the pro trainer judges want us to think she is. She also needs to learn a bit about dog breeds. Like Wolfhound, for one. Dumbass kid.

Bonavega had a good video intro and an act that I HATED. I wish my power had gone back out during his routine.

Diablo guys ... best part of that act was Howie's jokes afterward. They were actually funny.

Keenan is too nice. I'm disappointed in him, he had nothing to offer anyone.

Kazakstan Girl Singer sings through her nose. I was disappointed in her performance after a cute video opening. But Howie says she's "already a star," so who needs AGT anyway, right? I guess she was the best worst of the average-below-average singers.

Guy on fire ... I was doing something else during his act so didn't see it. But I wasn't impressed. Regular-people contestants get lit on fire by dragons on Holy Moley so this guy could do nothing to impress me with his flames.

The choir. Last act of the night. And that's my review of The Choir.

I could find no act to vote for or wish a win for from this group, sad to say. I guess BAD Salsa. All the rest can go (stay) home.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I could find no act to vote for or wish a win for from this group, sad to say. I guess BAD Salsa. All the rest can go (stay) home.

I know I've said this before, but that was the worst collection of "talent" I've seen on this show in years. Agree with SABER5055, the only act I found entertaining at all was Bad Salsa, and from what I've seen so far, I would be glad with them winning this whole thing.

Briefly...

Alexis - Getting by on cuteness. We've seen way better dog tricks before, and as someone else mentioned, the dogs are trained by her parents anyway. Sorry Howie, I thought the pigs were more entertaining. At least there's a novelty factor. 

Vinny Markus - WTF, virtually exact same act as first audition. Where was Simon to say that he didn't step it up? I expected something different this time, and assumed he can do other impressions, but maybe not?  I think that's the difference between the real entertainment industry and social media. On social media you can have a huge following of people who will watch the same thing over and over. If he wants to reach a broader audience he will need to something besides imitate the same handful of rappers. (This time he didn't even have Terry telling people who they were).

Jonathon Goodwin - I don't believe he actually had to pick those locks, which makes the whole trick a waste of time.  Houdini he ain't.

Bonavega - I actually found his first audition somewhat amusing, but that was terrible. His one legitimate talent seems to be playing the guitar, but he only did that for about 8 seconds. After his audition I called him "this year's Hans." Last night he didn't even reach that level of non-entertainment.

Spyros Brothers - Guess I want them to go through just because it's not a singing act.

Choir - Musically boring, but the uplifting social message and multi-racial membership guarantee them going through, and probably even being top 5 in the finals. 

From the first week of live performances we got 4 out of 5 singers. Will likely be something close to that again this week, even though I don't think any of the singers were very good. (And I especially dislike all kid singers on this show).

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 8

She also needs to learn a bit about dog breeds. Like Wolfhound, for one. Dumbass kid.

Bonavega had a good video intro and an act that I HATED. I wish my power had gone back out during his routine.

I love reading other people make these snippy remarks 😄

Kazakstan Girl Singer sings through her nose. I was disappointed in her performance after a cute video opening. But Howie says she's "already a star," so who needs AGT anyway, right?

Everyone being called a "star" is pretty accurate, since by the time you're able to see them on stage, their careers are dead on arrival. Assuming that fact about the stars in the sky is true, but either way, I intended disrespect.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, InternetToughGuy said:

The Shape - Garbage. Heidi and Sofia need to be put in straight jackets during any musical performance, as seeing them sway to every song makes me angrily do the jitterbug on top of the TV.

Hate to say it, but that's been the case with every female judge they've ever had on this show, at least in the time I've been watching. (Mel B., Julia, Gabrielle). As soon as the music track starts they're out of their seats. It's like otherwise we might not know what cool, swinging chicks they are. Or else, maybe they don't get out much.

Question? Is Sofia actually known for being a salsa dancer, because the other judges turned to her for "expert" commentary on Bad Salsa. Or is just the fact that she's from Columbia supposed to make her an expert? Ethnic stereotyping? (PS - Salsa was actually invented in New York City. Look it up).

She came right out and said she was voting for Double Dragon because they're Latinas. I guess that "identity" voting is human nature, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way a bit. 

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, InternetToughGuy said:

I love reading other people make these snippy remarks 😄

I thought of you want I wrote those reviews, ITG. Not sure if that's a good thing, but there you are. Or, were. In my brain!

Thanks for reminding me Vinnie Markus was the so-called rapper imitator. Hey, I listen to rap, I like Pitbull and Eminem and others, but Vinnie Markus, you are no Pitbull OR Eminem. He doesn't change his voice between imitations, it's just Vinnie Markus trying to hit the beat and drop the mic. Not working for me.

Man, no one even had a good sob story to get me to even try to vote for them. That's weak, show, weak I say. The results show tonight should be interesting. How hilarious would it be if no one voted at all and they all went home?

Well, BAD Salsa can stay. But that's all.

I hope Keenan finds something else to do next live show. I love you Keenan, but dude, you added nothing last night.

• Love 2

Many fans including me think this might be one of the worst seasons ever for AGT. For me, I don't blame the pandemic. I like the shows without the audience. I don't have to look at the audience's fake reactions. I think my reason for the dull AGT season is the direction the shows is going, and quite frankly has been going for some time now. And that's the sobbiest story the contestant has the better for them. There is no drama anymore when you know who is probably going to win. That being said, I'm still a sucker for this show because I'm hoping for some hint of a change. Before I forget why I'm on this forum, here goes my critiques.....

11. Vincent Marcus - Ok, I'm old so I don't like rap music. The only one I think I recognized was Snoop Dogg. Besides, I thought I heard Terry Crews say Vincent was a comedian. I was expecting jokes, so everything started on the wrong foot. But back to his performance. He was awful!

10. Kameron Ross - Ok, when I heard his sob story I immediately advanced him to the next round without hearing how he sounded. He was pitchy and just blah! But.....will his story be enough to get him through? Yep!

09. Kelvin Dukes - 2 is greater than 1. Dukes has 2 things going against him and only 1 thing for him. Let's start with the positive. He is a kid. The 2 not so good things? He didn't sing very well and I didn't hear any sob story.

08. Alexis Brownley - I like dogs but I don't like dog acts. Whatever the dog has done I think we've all seen it before. This act was no different that the others before. Sure, the Alexis is a cute kid and that is always a plus on this show, but the dogs seemed sluggish and not wanting to perform. The dogs weren't that much better than those pigs.

07. Voices of Our City Choir - I appreciate them trying to put a different spin on a choir performance. I enjoyed it, (Yes there is a but coming) but not enough for me to want to pay to go see them. It's a choir. It's a choir with many sob stories to go around so who knows after America wipes their tears away what we might have.

06. BONAVEGA - I actually liked his performance until it looked like he was lip syncing. Maybe it was my television I don't know. The other singers either were actually singing or could lip sync very well. I could do without the wacky costumes though.

05. Daneliya Tulshova - Another young kid that has a grown up voice. Sure she had some good vocals and I think she'll go through, but I can't remember when I heard a 14 year old girl sound like a 14 year old girl.

04. Bad Salsa - I liked them but what else are they going to do moving forward? That's why I'm not high on dance couples or groups, although V. Unbeatable were awesome!

03. The Shape - Again, I usually don't like dance groups, V. Unbeatable being the exception, but Shape did perform well enough to go through the next round. Howie said there weren't in time. I didn't see it! They're good, but I don't think they will strong enough to make it to the final.

02. Jonathan Goodwin - I like these type of acts and it was exciting, but I didn't feel a sense of any danger. It seemed everything was under control. He was never going to burn. (come on guys, I wasn't wishing that!) Someone pointed out that he wasn't picking the lock at all, but waiting for the right moment to escape. It seemed like he was just jiggling the locks. Perhaps he has to work on his act some more.

01. Spyros Bros - I liked this act a lot! They were entertaining and something that's a little bit different than most acts. Yeah I know, these over sized yoyos have made it to the show before, but not many times.

These are the 5 I feel AMERICA voted to move on.

1. The Shape

2. Voices of Our City (sob story)

3. Daneliya Tuleshova

4. Kameron Ross (sob story)

Judges will save Alexis Brownley (you think they're going to make a little girl upset?)

Edited by rr2911
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, bluepiano said:

She came right out and said she was voting for Double Dragon because they're Latinas. I guess that "identity" voting is human nature, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way a bit. 

Yeah, that rubbed me the wrong way also.   

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, bluepiano said:

Hate to say it, but that's been the case with every female judge they've ever had on this show, at least in the time I've been watching. (Mel B., Julia, Gabrielle). As soon as the music track starts they're out of their seats. It's like otherwise we might not know what cool, swinging chicks they are. Or else, maybe they don't get out much.

Question? Is Sofia actually known for being a salsa dancer, because the other judges turned to her for "expert" commentary on Bad Salsa. Or is just the fact that she's from Columbia supposed to make her an expert? Ethnic stereotyping? (PS - Salsa was actually invented in New York City. Look it up).

You must mean Julianne - I really had to think of who you were talking about, but I barely remember her being on at all. I think the only woman on the show who didn't make me grit my teeth in a subdued rage was Tyra, who looks aside, had a decent personality. Pretty sure Sofia is only an "expert" because of her nationality, which you would naturally think is stupid to just assume she knows, but she seems to act like the two are connected, somehow.

27 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I thought of you want I wrote those reviews, ITG. Not sure if that's a good thing, but there you are. Or, were. In my brain!

Thanks for reminding me Vinnie Markus was the so-called rapper imitator. Hey, I listen to rap, I like Pitbull and Eminem and others, but Vinnie Markus, you are no Pitbull OR Eminem. He doesn't change his voice between imitations, it's just Vinnie Markus trying to hit the beat and drop the mic. Not working for me.

If your brain's image of me is of a muscular and successful man, get that out of your head right now haha. Sometimes it's hard to call Pitbull a rapper when he has no problem dropping the beyond cliche girl/world rhyme and acting like he just killed it.

Same with the lines:
"Me not working hard?
Yeah, right, picture that with a Kodak
Or, better yet, go to Times Square
Take a picture of me with a Kodak"

He probably did inspire more people to rap than anyone else due to making everyone realize you don't have to be good at all to be popular.  I do like the Pit, no bull, though.

Vinnie's career will be a funny one to monitor after the show; while his name doesn't have the humorous weight of Forte to repeatedly name drop as a failure, his career's trajectory will probably be on the same wavelength.

31 minutes ago, bluepiano said:

She pretty much came right out and said she was voting for Double Dragon because they're Latinas. I guess that "identity" voting is human nature, but it kind of rubbed the wrong way a bit. 

Well, she could have said she was voting for Double Dragon because they do a great drag act for being straight women, and she likes they are fat, even though she never will be. Take your pick for voting reasons!

Thinking back, yeah, I'd vote for the pig review over the little-girl-who-is-not-a-dog-trainer act.

• Love 1

Such dreck.  

The best part of the show was when Diablo was running around near the entrance to the escalator to the lower lot at Universal.  That escalator is ginormous!  If you ever go to universal, you'll see.  It's a "ride" of itself.  Many happy days of people watching for me at that joint.

To my eyes, Bonavega was 100% tracked (all audio came from recorded playback).  I am certain his "singing" was.

What a dud the danger act turned out to be.  The fire was waning well before the end!  His shaky hand (with the key) was a farce. 

This was the biggest workout I've yet given my remote fast forward button on this show.  Don't make me forget the record button.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Superclam said:

I'll be surprised if they're not top 3, and I won't be surprised if they win. 

I don't think the choir will win over Archie Williams.  True they out sob story Archie just by volume, but they were pretty blah.  I'm not impressed with the leading choice lady's voice.

Usually I'm all in for the dog acts, but Alexis is too cutesy in an act-y kind of way.  The dogs were OK, but there was a slowness to them that didn't match that godawful "energetic" soundtrack.  The intro package of the Puppy Pals backstage was funnier than the act itself.

Nothing to get too excited about which was to be expected.  AGT didn't disappoint in that regard!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I don't think the choir will win over Archie Williams.  True they out sob story Archie just by volume, but they were pretty blah.  I'm not impressed with the leading choice lady's voice.

Yeah, unless a bigger act comes along, Archie & the choir will likely be in the top 2. No one else is really standing out to me. I don't think either of those acts are particularly good, but Archie's got a very good chance at winning this. 

19 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Such dreck.  

The best part of the show was when Diablo was running around near the entrance to the escalator to the lower lot at Universal.  That escalator is ginormous!  If you ever go to universal, you'll see.  It's a "ride" of itself.  Many happy days of people watching for me at that joint.

To my eyes, Bonavega was 100% tracked (all audio came from recorded playback).  I am certain his "singing" was.

What a dud the danger act turned out to be.  The fire was waning well before the end!  His shaky hand (with the key) was a farce. 

This was the biggest workout I've yet given my remote fast forward button on this show.  Don't make me forget the record button.

Thank you! I thought it was my tv for a moment. I have Youtube TV and with streaming services, sometimes the audio not in sync. He did a horrible job lip syncing. 

22 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Voices of Our City Choir has exponential sob stories, which means they will probably win the season. 🙄

I'm thinking the same thing. It's going to be interesting if Archie Williams and VOOCC are the final two. It won't be who is better talent wise, but who has the better sob story.

The problem is there are many viewers out there that think it's great to give someone with a sob story the win! Go to Facebook and you'll see the majority of the posts are in favor of handing out the win to a contestant with the most heartbreaking story. I still say that Kodi Lee won because of this reason.

10 hours ago, Superclam said:

Yeah, unless a bigger act comes along, Archie & the choir will likely be in the top 2. No one else is really standing out to me. I don't think either of those acts are particularly good, but Archie's got a very good chance at winning this. 

Next week I think I saw some potential sob story contestants that might give Archie and VOOCC a run for the title. 😂

Edited by rr2911
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

Next week I think I saw some potential sob story contestants that might give Archie and VOOCC a run for the title. 😂

My tissues are ready!! 

The young lady with a son who got the golden buzzer is a potential winner. She actually has some talent. It says something about this season that I really don't remember most of the acts. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Nothing to get too excited about which was to be expected.  AGT didn't disappoint in that regard!

I am seriously underwhelmed this season.  I've been fast forwarding through most of the acts.  Sigh.

• Love 3

The little girl with the dogs is just another trained animal.  Her funny little attempts to "shazam" after a dog trick were pathetic.  I felt like I was watching a toddler pageant.  She doesn't look happy and I'm sure her parents have been forcing her to act like a dog trainer for the camera and youtube since she could walk.  The new stage Mom scenario, gross.

• Love 4

I'm watching some of the acts on the rerun. I was in such a mood Tuesday after such a dreck day, i hated everyone. But tonight I actually watched the Diablo Bros and liked their act, and was amazed at their talent. I just can't remember now if they made it through. But now they are right up there with Archie and some other act I liked but cannot remember. Heh.

Yeah, most of this show goes right out of my mind after viewing. Sometimes while I'm still viewing.

• Love 4

I fast forwarded every single intro. Did one of the Diablo guys really talk about being bullied in school? They look we'll into adulthood... Their tricks were alright, but I actually agreed with Heidi. They shouldn't get that close to other people. They're good at what they do, but what if they had made a mistake?

What exactly does the choir have for sob stories? Their song choice was okay (and I really appreciated that none of the featured ones showed off), but that was such a safe, low-key choice. I can't imagine the choir even likes singing it all that much because it's so slow and (for them) repetitive and half the time they're just singing "oo." 

In other words, without the gripping sob stories, the "top two finalist" speculation seems odd (no disrespect.)  It was an  okay performance, but somehow I don't even see them considering it their best number.

• Love 3
On 8/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, die Frau said:

I fast forwarded every single intro. Did one of the Diablo guys really talk about being bullied in school? They look we'll into adulthood... Their tricks were alright, but I actually agreed with Heidi. They shouldn't get that close to other people. They're good at what they do, but what if they had made a mistake?

What exactly does the choir have for sob stories? Their song choice was okay (and I really appreciated that none of the featured ones showed off), but that was such a safe, low-key choice. I can't imagine the choir even likes singing it all that much because it's so slow and (for them) repetitive and half the time they're just singing "oo." 

In other words, without the gripping sob stories, the "top two finalist" speculation seems odd (no disrespect.)  It was an  okay performance, but somehow I don't even see them considering it their best number.

Die Frau, Read Vermicious's post: 

7 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

It's a choir of homeless people. Which means each one has their own sob story. Historically, that has been a bigger indicator of getting into the finals than actual talent.

I would bet money on an Archie Williams and VOOCC fnale. Like the article said, each one of the choir members have a story.   

• Love 1
On 8/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, die Frau said:

Did one of the Diablo guys really talk about being bullied in school? They look we'll into adulthood.

Long story short: The diablo fellow said his brother was picked on as a kid and withdrew, spending a lot of time alone in his room. The diablo gave him a goal as well as confidence. And since they are brothers, the speaking brother also learned diablo so they could perform as a team. Story works for me. I imagine it takes quite a while to develop the skills they both have, hence yes, they are well into adulthood now.

When the choir spokesman was showing the places where he lived and slept when homeless, now empty parking lots, I wondered where all that city's homeless are living now. They aren't all in the choir ...

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Long story short: The diablo fellow said his brother was picked on as a kid and withdrew, spending a lot of time alone in his room. The diablo gave him a goal as well as confidence. And since they are brothers, the speaking brother also learned diablo so they could perform as a team. Story works for me. I imagine it takes quite a while to develop the skills they both have, hence yes, they are well into adulthood now.

When the choir spokesman was showing the places where he lived and slept when homeless, now empty parking lots, I wondered where all that city's homeless are living now. They aren't all in the choir ...

I live in San Diego so I could tell you.