Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E16: It's The End Of The World As We Know It

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Unclejosh said:

This was posted today regarding rigging and a Fessy Live where it sounds shady.  Not sure what is truth but doesn't sound debunked to me.

IMG_20200716_230636.jpg

IMG_20200716_230642.jpg

I can see this happening. Doesn't mean it actually did, but I can imagine BMP unwilling to move on from Johnny, keeping him as their Golden Boy  and giving him a title he didn't deserve. Seriously, if it turned out Jenny was supposed to win the whole purse, or that she was presented with a choice to share the money, I would not be surprised.

• Love 3
(edited)

Prior to the finals it seemed like it was meant to be a winner takes all.  But as others have said Jenny and Corey both seemed to understand it was a gender split by the time they had to make their picks.

I wonder how Johnny feels about all of this.  I know this is going to sound very stupid on my part but prior to Survivor: Winners at War it never really dawned on my that players cared about their or even knew about how the fans viewed their wins.  But Michelle, Ben, and Boston Rob all talked about how people viewed their wins negatively.   I wonder if Johnny if feels that way as well every time someone trashes one of his wins. 

Edited by BK1978
3 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Prior to the finals it seemed like it was meant to be a winner takes all.  But as others have said Jenny and Corey both seemed to understand it was a gender split by the time they had to make their picks.

I wonder how Johnny feels about all of this.  I know this is going to sound very stupid on my part but prior to Survivor: Winners at War it never really dawned on my that players cared about their or even knew about how the fans viewed their wins.  But Michelle, Ben, and Boston Rob all talked about how people viewed their wins negatively.   I wonder if Johnny if feels that way as well every time someone trashes one of his wins. 

Bananas won't care, as long as he keeps getting those checks, never have to find a real job.

And the ratings are good enough that they keep producing the show, so MTV doesn't care.

As for whether they rigged it, they're not transparent about the rules, especially while the competition is going on.  TJ always says in 95% of these challenges that x won.  IOW, they tell you who won and you have to accept it.

So it's rife for manipulation if the producers believe certain outcomes will benefit the show in some way.

I'm not saying that's what happened but most of the challenges and the Finals are like unique, so you can't look for the same rules.  So they all feel like they're making the rules up as they go along.

The eliminations, it's hard to hide since there are only two competitors, often going against each other.  Though it wouldn't surprise me if they throw in rules like they can't make a lot of physical contact with each other.  Rogan might have tried to tackle Johnny or push him away so that he could jump instead of them both jumping for the bell.

In any event, it would be shocking if Bananas didn't come back, because he's the best-known figure on this show and MTV probably wants him around all the time.

He is the face of the franchise.

Ugh.

• Love 5

I mean, I always found Ashley winning FR suspect, but the cast members there seemed to indicate that it was clear she had in real life, just not on TV. But I find this “Jenny was supposed to win it all” thing quite ridiculous. One person, at some point, with whatever biases that person has, told the spoiler team at Vevmo that this happened and the spoiler team themselves said it was unconfirmed. But it gained huge traction to the point that a large number of people across the internet are now convinced it happened even in the face of clear evidence to the contrary. That’s just Illogical. As for Rogan, he himself said that the reason no contact was allowed was because they were on a mountain and had no proximity to medical facilities in the event that someone got seriously hurt, with Johnny adding that the terrain was uneven and dangerous in the dark and there was concern someone could fall into the wrong part of it. Which, again, makes sense. Setting up a jumping elimination for two guys who are basically the same size (if anything I’d say Rogan has a couple of inches on Johnny), and saying that it was manufactured for Johnny to win makes less sense. Look, if you want to play conspiracy theory, you can go through every single thing that happened and find a way that maybe it was set up. But it just seems like a waste of time to me. Some of the rules of these challenges are dumb and poorly thought out, but I don’t think they’re generally set up for a specific person to win or not win. If they wanted Johnny to get a win, it would have been a lot easier to not change the elimination three times on FR when he and Tony were winning the original one. 

9 hours ago, BK1978 said:

It’s interesting, because winning Survivor is such a point of pride, and for those three winners there were clear caveats to their wins that social media didn’t want to let them forget. Winning the challenge seems more ambiguous to me, because a lot of people have won just through being in a strong alliance (I mean, Katie and Ibis have won challenges). Johnny’s win on The Island had everything to do with his friends and nothing to do with him. The Ruins was similar, though I believe he did have to win an elimination in that one. For Rivals and Exes he had strong partners and friends helping him out. To me, Free Agents is his indisputable “I did this” win. I think this one ranks behind that, but probably above a lot of his others. And he’s 38 now. Keeping in challenge shape can’t be easy for him. Ever since that rumor started, he has been constantly hit with comments on all of his accounts about how this season was rigged for him to win. It has to be frustrating on some level. But he doesn’t seem to be focusing on it. And I give him a lot of credit for being open about his mental health struggles doing this challenge. I wouldn’t have thought he would put something like that out there. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Unclejosh said:

IMG_20200716_230636.jpg

The part about Fessy and Kyle not being allowed to lean on anything is obviously false because we saw them do it.

1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

Ever since that rumor started, he has been constantly hit with comments on all of his accounts about how this season was rigged for him to win. It has to be frustrating on some level.

Good lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Unclejosh said:

This was posted today regarding rigging and a Fessy Live where it sounds shady.  Not sure what is truth but doesn't sound debunked to me.

IMG_20200716_230636.jpg

IMG_20200716_230642.jpg

1. Fessy and Kyle were right next to the fire. What, were they banned from lighting themselves ablaze and we're considering that a bad thing? Also as @peachmangosteen pointed out, we clearly saw them leaning on things. Look, if you've never seen a final before, people get randomly screwed by things and just have to dig themselves out or lose. Fessy and Kyle didn't win the leg and didn't go into elimination. Therefore, they got the "screwed by being frozen all night" job. This has nothing to do with throwing it for Bananas and everything to do with the asinine way they add random twists to the game.

2. Someone already covered the Rogan/Bananas elimination. A medic is not the same as a hospital, and you don't hold a very physical altercation on the side of a mountain with iffy footing and limited medical resources.

3. Winning each portion did pay off. People either got an advantage or others were disadvantaged. The fact that Fessy made a poor assumption is on Fessy.

4. For God's sake, they did not change it to male/female partway through the race. Fessy and Kaycee talked about how the two of them should have it in the bag given their competition when they were still in the house. (Yeah, foreshadowing.)

Next I'm expecting to read that they paid Melissa to get pregnant and drop out so Bananas could win *eyeroll*. Someone is just salty. And I say this knowing damn well that they probably did manipulate a lot of things during the season to benefit their favored players, which definitely includes Johnny. But these specific allegations are a load of hoo-ey, imo.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Bananas is on the Bill Simmons podcast.

Says luck is important.  Says knocking out more barrels in that car challenge was luck, the math equation worked out for him.

Simmons said Bananas was fortunate he didn't go against Fessy who's taller and got greater reach for the bell.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/17/2020 at 11:09 AM, simplyme said:

1. Fessy and Kyle were right next to the fire. What, were they banned from lighting themselves ablaze and we're considering that a bad thing? Also as @peachmangosteen pointed out, we clearly saw them leaning on things. Look, if you've never seen a final before, people get randomly screwed by things and just have to dig themselves out or lose. Fessy and Kyle didn't win the leg and didn't go into elimination. Therefore, they got the "screwed by being frozen all night" job. This has nothing to do with throwing it for Bananas and everything to do with the asinine way they add random twists to the game.

2. Someone already covered the Rogan/Bananas elimination. A medic is not the same as a hospital, and you don't hold a very physical altercation on the side of a mountain with iffy footing and limited medical resources.

3. Winning each portion did pay off. People either got an advantage or others were disadvantaged. The fact that Fessy made a poor assumption is on Fessy.

4. For God's sake, they did not change it to male/female partway through the race. Fessy and Kaycee talked about how the two of them should have it in the bag given their competition when they were still in the house. (Yeah, foreshadowing.)

Next I'm expecting to read that they paid Melissa to get pregnant and drop out so Bananas could win *eyeroll*. Someone is just salty. And I say this knowing damn well that they probably did manipulate a lot of things during the season to benefit their favored players, which definitely includes Johnny. But these specific allegations are a load of hoo-ey, imo.

I gave you a heart for the phrase hoo-ey. Always a good one.

Wish everyone would stop with the rigging stuff simply because all your doing is writing ANOTHER redemption story for him. I'm not talking about anyone here but cast members. He won. You all get payed to be on the show. I don't care who wins on this show. None of them really need it. Fucking Cory. Mr. I get two streams of income from MTV. Your kids are good. Get a real job or shut up all of you. 

Edited by Racj82
  • LOL 2

After Fessy scoffed about John being "45", I was like, "I hate John, but I hope he wins now just to show you that 'older' people can still be in damn good shape too, you giant turd!"  (Probably because I'm 40 and in damn good shape myself 😛).

Jenny is a beast!

I'm glad Cory didn't win.  I hate when people talk about their kids ad nauseam.  Stay home with your family if they're so damn important!

I agree that this final was boring. I liked the first half when they had to carry the logs and light their fires. Having one last elimination was interesting too. Everything else after that was zzzzzzzz.  I'm sad to hear that some additional content was cut out. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Wish everyone would stop with the rigging stuff simply because all your doing is writing ANOTHER redemption story for him. I'm not talking about anyone here but cast members. 

Oh, are some of the cast publicly saying that it was rigged for Johnny? I love this lol!

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, are some of the cast publicly saying that it was rigged for Johnny? I love this lol!

2 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I hate sore losers! This hit back in April/May from no other than Cara & Paulie. Surprised if MTV has them back throwing them under the bus😀

Yup, that’s exactly who it is. Cara has been pushing this narrative for months, as well as claiming WOTW2 did better in terms of ratings, which To my understanding is objectively not true. She is clearly very, very bitter that she and Paulie had to take a mandated break this season. But this is more of the same for her. She and Paulie have been starting or pushing rumors about Johnny for over a year, ever since he supported Cara for breaking up with Paulie after his double life scandal and she then got back together with him. She never felt threatened by Johnny prior to this, so I assume it’s generally driven by Paulie and the new personality Cara has developed while being with Paulie. He wants to be the star of the challenge so desperately. Let us all pray it will never happen. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Yup, that’s exactly who it is. Cara has been pushing this narrative for months, as well as claiming WOTW2 did better in terms of ratings, which To my understanding is objectively not true. 

How sad, but also super hilarious lol.

Speaking of Cara, I swear, I don't know why I ever liked her. I catch old eps on Pluto like every day (fuck my life lol) and she was straight-up insufferable long before Paulie. I think I just felt sorry for her since she got bullied back in the day. I still feel sorry for her now but it doesn't override how annoying she is anymore.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

How sad, but also super hilarious lol.

Speaking of Cara, I swear, I don't know why I ever liked her. I catch old eps on Pluto like every day (fuck my life lol) and she was straight-up insufferable long before Paulie. I think I just felt sorry for her since she got bullied back in the day. I still feel sorry for her now but it doesn't override how annoying she is anymore.

Cara today is a complete 180 from Fresh Meat 2, Cutthroat and Rivals Cara.

She got bullied by everyone back in the day, my most remembered one being Wes on Rivals. I felt bad Cara then, I couldn’t understand why anyone was bullying her and also I just didn’t like the bullying overall.

Now, she’s done a few seasons of the Challenge, been to a few finals, and won a couple and her ego blew up. Personally, I don’t think she’s that well-rounded of a Challenger.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Yup, that’s exactly who it is. Cara has been pushing this narrative for months, as well as claiming WOTW2 did better in terms of ratings, which To my understanding is objectively not true. She is clearly very, very bitter that she and Paulie had to take a mandated break this season. But this is more of the same for her. She and Paulie have been starting or pushing rumors about Johnny for over a year, ever since he supported Cara for breaking up with Paulie after his double life scandal and she then got back together with him. She never felt threatened by Johnny prior to this, so I assume it’s generally driven by Paulie and the new personality Cara has developed while being with Paulie. He wants to be the star of the challenge so desperately. Let us all pray it will never happen. 

Seriously, saying the show is rigged by fans is one thing. Having cast members spread information on social media like paying off Wes to work with Johnny and everything else they said is reckless.  Makes it seem the MTV Challenge is more a show interested in boosting ratings, not a reality-based competition. Wonder if this breaches contract guidelines. Would like to see Cara and Paulie be kicked off 🤞 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Makes it seem the MTV Challenge is more a show interested in boosting ratings, not a reality-based competition. 

Oh, it's seemed like that for years lol. 

I would roll if they ban Cara and Paulie now though. 

• Love 3

All this does is put more eyes on The Challenge.  Which is what MTV wants.  As long as Cara & Paulie aren't saying racist shit (and MTV is repeatedly reminded of it at this time)...they ain't going anywhere.  Remember, MTV knew about Cory's gf's comments a long time ago but only acted recently because of what was going on in the public sphere.  They also had no problem bringing Camilla's racist ass back.  I don't see these tweets being a big deal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, OnceSane said:

All this does is put more eyes on The Challenge.  Which is what MTV wants.  As long as Cara & Paulie aren't saying racist shit (and MTV is repeatedly reminded of it at this time)...they ain't going anywhere.  Remember, MTV knew about Cory's gf's comments a long time ago but only acted recently because of what was going on in the public sphere.  They also had no problem bringing Camilla's racist ass back.  I don't see these tweets being a big deal.

I think you are right, look at the whole Nick Cannon situation.  He was fired for his horrible remarks about Jewish people (A religion) and not for the comments he made about white people.  I have to wonder if they would have allowed him to keep his job had he only made those terrible comments about white people.

21 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I do think there’s a distinction between cast members being gross or cast members attacking each other and cast members implicating production. When they’re all yelling about Nelson being arrested or parts of Johnny’s anatomy or whatever Marie did this week, I think MTV is thrilled. I think less so when cast members are saying that production covered something up or rigged something (duct tape gate, Game of clones gate, and now rigging the final). Amanda got scolded for the first one, Cara got kicked off a press tour for the second, and I guess we’ll see if there are any consequences for this most recent one. 

• Love 3
On 7/16/2020 at 6:54 PM, Jillibean said:

The bunker seems like it was absolute hell on these people, and I feel bad for appreciating the genuine friendship and camaraderie that seems to have come as a result—but I do. It reminds me of the old days of the challenges, when mostly everyone got along and had fun together with only a few exceptions instead of everyone being pretty cutthroat and looking to start fights to gain attention and followers. 

Same here. It seemed like this cast gelled together mores than in previous years. 

I'm surprised that there was only one injury during the cross country skiing portion. There were some pretty gnarly falls happening. I was also half-expecting Cory and the others who removed their skis to get penalized for doing so, but then I realized that Teej's instructions never actually said they had to keep the skis on, just that they had to strap them on. 

I had to go look up how long ago it was that Johnny stiffed Sarah on the money because he looked so different in that flashback clip. That was only four years ago. Johnny looks so much better now.

• Love 1

I don't follow this forum much so I had no idea Melissa was likely (and now confirmed) pregnant during that. But knowing that now, her deciding to quit instead of just get eliminated makes a ton of sense. 

For those that don't follow Big Brother - Bayleigh actually got pregnant in the BB house (with swaggy and he was only there like a couple weeks?) and she had a miscarriage. 

Also.. what was with Bayleigh saying that she needed money for a wedding reception?? Swaggy keeps posting about how much he makes. Unless he took their paycheck from this and invested it and suddenly became rich. But I roll my eyes with those two. 

• Love 3