Type keyword(s) to search

Police Files: Law & Order: OC in the Media

• Start Topic

From Digital Spy, this will be a 13 episode series to start with and that's all we know. Except for the fact it will premiere on some Thursday night.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a33431816/law-and-order-organized-crime-release-date-cast-plot/

Good Housekeeping states it will premiere sometime in September on a Thursday night at 10pm

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a33433102/law-and-order-organized-crime-news-cast-spoilers/

This is all the info IMDb has it also

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12677870/

We are at least 35 days (and counting) away from the premiere of this new series

Edited by dttruman
3 hours ago, Jaded said:

I guess it could be considered a good thing that the new show runner isn't one of the recycled Wolf usuals.  

Yeah. New blood can only be a plus. Same thing happened when bringing Chris Brancato on as EP for the final season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent - one who did not work with Dick Wolf prior as far as I could find - and that season was pretty damned good.

That show felt rejuvenated. Hope the same thing holds true here. Always good to see what new faces can bring to the franchise!

14 hours ago, dttruman said:

I wish they could expand on that?  Is it day one of the Organized Crime episode where Benson guest stars or is it day one of Stabler's return on SVU?

Mariska posted photos on Instagram with the back of the chairs reading Organized Crime. 

• Love 1
On 1/27/2021 at 6:19 PM, illdoc said:

Well, they just released another name to the cast member list. But they won't mention the kind of character she will play. Sounds like they are still spitballing it, trying to see what will stick as they go along.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/law-order-organized-crime-bones-234447242.html

10 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Not an April Fools joke!  https://deadline.com/2021/02/law-order-organized-crime-premiere-date-christopher-meloni-first-look-as-elliot-stabler-svu-crossover-1234687450/ 

Are they going to release a new picture every month or something? I wonder if they are going to introduce another member of the cast in a month  They have been stretching this out way too no end.

I hope they don't kill Kathy. It seems unnecessary even if they don't want her to be a regular part of the show. Their marriage was not on stable ground for years and I think they even divorced at one point; it would make sense if they just divorced again. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

I hope they don't kill Kathy. It seems unnecessary even if they don't want her to be a regular part of the show. Their marriage was not on stable ground for years and I think they even divorced at one point; it would make sense if they just divorced again. 

No they never divorced. They were separated for like, a season or two? 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No they never divorced. They were separated for like, a season or two? 

I remember Elliott signing the papers, but I don't remember how they reconciled other than Kathy got pregnant. I remember he signed the papers in the episode where the husband set the wife on fire (because I'm pyrophobic, so I was viscerally horrified, heh). So maybe they never got filed? But still, they'd been apart for at least two years, it wouldn't be surprising if the marriage fell apart again. I don't really want Kathy and all the kids to be regular characters since I rarely want to regularly see family members of L&O regulars, heh, but for some reason the idea of just offing her bothers me, especially since it's not a situation where they would never be apart and only her death would make sense.

• Love 1
On 3/13/2021 at 7:37 PM, Cristofle said:

I don't want her dead and I don't want him divorced.  (I'm not definitely not a Benson/Stabler shipper.)  All they need to do is take more of a Mothership route where we don't know much about his personal life.  He has a wife and kids at home. We don't need to see them.  If anything, the over personal is what ruined SVU for me.

But if she's in the ep, it's probably a flashback to when she gets killed because you can't just say a wife is killed---you gotta show it.

Edited by Irlandesa
On 3/13/2021 at 8:37 PM, Cristofle said:

Kathy is still very much alive. They're not going to kill her. I know in early talks, someone threw it out there, but it's not her, or any of the children. Dickie and Katherine are coming back, too.

I read confirmation about the above, but can't recall which source it was.

Let me just say I LOATHE how Child number Two, Katherine, ATE up the show whenever we saw Stabler's home life once she reached tween age. It made me miss Maureen's obnoxiousness from the early years. I love Dickie, though I vented a lot of spleen over the sudden hostility between him and Stabler for nothing but PLOT! reasons. It's so sad that I can't even remember Dickie's twin's name, we only saw her once or twice, but I remember the late baby, Eli!

On 3/24/2021 at 1:00 PM, Irlandesa said:

I don't want her dead and I don't want him divorced.  (I'm not definitely not a Benson/Stabler shipper.)  All they need to do is take more of a Mothership route where we don't know much about his personal life.  He has a wife and kids at home. We don't need to see them.  If anything, the over personal is what ruined SVU for me.

But if she's in the ep, it's probably a flashback to when she gets killed because you can't just say a wife is killed---you gotta show it.

I don't think they want her dead or them divorced. But I have a feeling when the last episode of L&O OC is shown for the season Kathy may die in car bomb or some other type of assassination attempt and we have to wait to see how it turns out next season. Will Elliot Stabler then turn into another hard boiled Elliott Ness?

Edited by dttruman
On 3/24/2021 at 2:29 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Reveal spoiler

Kathy is still very much alive. They're not going to kill her. I know in early talks, someone threw it out there, but it's not her, or any of the children. Dickie and Katherine are coming back, too.

I read confirmation about the above, but can't recall which source it was.

Let me just say I LOATHE how Child number Two, Katherine, ATE up the show whenever we saw Stabler's home life once she reached tween age. It made me miss Maureen's obnoxiousness from the early years. I love Dickie, though I vented a lot of spleen over the sudden hostility between him and Stabler for nothing but PLOT! reasons. It's so sad that I can't even remember Dickie's twin's name, we only saw her once or twice, but I remember the late baby, Eli!

Spoiler

Twitter was abuzz today with footage of Kathy's funeral being filmed, albeit I'm not sure when it happened, so if she's not dead, she must be in witness protection or something. X X

I maintain this is stupid, if it's true. They could have just gotten divorced. 

I only remember the twin's name because it's my middle name - Elizabeth. She really was the forgotten child, lol. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

My local noon news had a preview for tonight with a short clip of Chris Meloni on Today this morning. He mentions Elliot's "growth". Hopefully, that translates into less rage. He did mention he even got his old holster back. 😎

(edited)

As recently as the day before the premier, Rolling Stone said:

NBC hasn’t provided screeners of either half of the crossover, nor of a “regular” episode of Organized Crime. So I don’t know what Stabler is like a decade later, or even whether the new show is any good.

Does this mean the first 2 episodes are, literally, as the old saying goes: “nothing to write home about”? And, if so, should I bother watching episode 3? And, will the free version of Peacock stream it?

Edited by shapeshifter
On 3/24/2021 at 2:29 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Reveal spoiler

Kathleen? Yes, she did eat the show. It's the same actress playing her now, too!!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Kathleen? Yes, she did eat the show. It's the same actress playing her now, too!!

Yes, sorry, Kathleen. And yes, Allison Sisko is still playing her in this show. Seems only the original Dickie and Kathleen actors reprised their roles.

• Love 1

From the article @cristofle linked!

In a call with reporters weeks before the renewal, franchise creator Dick Wolf mentioned that Season 2 likely would consist of three eight-episode arcs, for a total of 24 episodes.

“The first third of the season is The Godfather. The second third is American Gangster. And the last third is Scarface,” Wolf said. “And these villains are going to be really bad guys that give [Stabler] a constant source of energy, outrage, belief in justice and a different way of pursuing criminals than we’ve had before.”

Good Lord, Dick Wolf thinks a lot of himself to be naming them. Hate to break it to him but you actually can't do any of them correctly Thursdays on NBC. So Weds. are Chicago and now Thurs are all L&O, NBC is just lazy af. I actually can't believe they haven't managed to franchise This Is Us (how they'd do that, I have no idea but maybe two babies were abandoned at that hospital.)  I will say I'm glad they won't be doing 24episodes of the same bad guy. But they have to actually arrest some lower level hitment/dealers/smugglers every week  instead of the family life stuff. I would like to put in a casting request for Enrico Colantoni for a big bad since Elias on Person Of Interest was the only basic-tv mobser that ever worked for me and damn did he bring it. If Wheatley's dipshit sons' rise to power is the Godfather part I'll be out quickly.

I suspect we'll be headed for more crossovers since ratings are in and SVU dipped a bit but OC actually rose a little and didn't dip for the first time and both hours drew the exact same over all viewership and demo, so just about everyone stuck around:

https://tvline.com/2021/05/14/tv-ratings-mom-season-8-series-finale-cbs/

• Love 1
On 5/14/2021 at 2:54 PM, Gigi43 said:

I suspect we'll be headed for more crossovers since ratings are in and SVU dipped a bit but OC actually rose a little and didn't dip for the first time and both hours drew the exact same over all viewership and demo, so just about everyone stuck around:

I didn't.  I stopped watching after the "I love you" episode.  

So, Richard and Angela Wheatley are returning for OC season 2, ughhhh why??? Am so tired of this villain. 😏

'Law and Order: Organized Crime' Creator Explains How Season 2 Will Be Totally Different

What will season 2 of Law and Order: Organized Crime be about?

While there are no confirmed details about the plot for season 2 of Law and Order: Organized Crime, we do know that the 24 new episodes will be broken up into three eight-episode arcs, according to creator Dick Wolf.

Speaking with TVLine, Dick shared that season 2 will feature three different antagonists.

“The first third of the season is The Godfather. The second third is American Gangster. And the last third is Scarface,” he said to the outlet. “And these villains are going to be really bad guys that give [Detective Elliot Stabler] a constant source of energy, outrage, belief in justice and a different way of pursuing criminals than we’ve had before.”

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

So, Richard and Angela Wheatley are returning for OC season 2, ughhhh why??? Am so tired of this villain. 😏

'Law and Order: Organized Crime' Creator Explains How Season 2 Will Be Totally Different

What will season 2 of Law and Order: Organized Crime be about?

While there are no confirmed details about the plot for season 2 of Law and Order: Organized Crime, we do know that the 24 new episodes will be broken up into three eight-episode arcs, according to creator Dick Wolf.

Speaking with TVLine, Dick shared that season 2 will feature three different antagonists.

“The first third of the season is The Godfather. The second third is American Gangster. And the last third is Scarface,” he said to the outlet. “And these villains are going to be really bad guys that give [Detective Elliot Stabler] a constant source of energy, outrage, belief in justice and a different way of pursuing criminals than we’ve had before.”

This site doesn't sound like it knows anything, just regurgitating stuff already announced. And it sounds like the S2 cast is mere assumption there, too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

This site doesn't sound like it knows anything, just regurgitating stuff already announced. And it sounds like the S2 cast is mere assumption there, too.

I hope you’re right because Wheatley’s story shouldn’t be dragged for too long.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

It seems to me like whoever wrote the Good housekeeping article didn't read the Deadline article correctly. Deadline's article it linked said the show was renewed for season 2 and listed it's current stars, I don't think it was suppose to be an announcement on season 2's casting. Especially since Dick Wolf has said 3 different arcs and Dylan McDermott has joked maybe he can go to the new L&O for the defense because he's contracted for season 1's 8 episodes. It's possible they've last minute changed it but I haven't seen DM or anyone backtrack.

I do wonder if Wolf is having regrets on Angela's involvement since Tamara has gotten a lot of positive feedback but I hope they'll realize there's only so far these characters can go. 8 episode arcs don't sound too bad, even if NBC's broadcast limitations are going to make it hard for Wolf to do what he claims he wants. But I can name several shows where they decided to keep a villain entirely because they liked the actor/got positive feedback.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

But I can name several shows where they decided to keep a villain entirely because they liked the actor/got positive feedback.

Sort of like Wiseguy did with Ray Sharkey's character or at least bring them back temporarily.  But no way do I need to Wheatley or Angela again.  Sometimes lightening doesn't strike twice.

6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What is impressing me is that he bought 3 condos (or an entire floor) of a West Village building for $5.35 mil. I guess that explains why property value is going down in NYC. I wonder if he knows something about the conditions of NYC improving in the near future?

• Love 1