Type keyword(s) to search

Police Files: Law & Order: OC in the Media

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Welp, Dylan McDermott is joining FBI Most Wanted, so I guess his time on OC is almost up- unless Dick Wolf has worked his magic so he can appear on both his shows (even though they air on two different networks).

He is going to be replacing a regular at FBI Most Wanted, so I am wondering about that also for OC?  Does Wolf have enough pull for that?

• Love 1

15 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Welp, Dylan McDermott is joining FBI Most Wanted, so I guess his time on OC is almost up- unless Dick Wolf has worked his magic so he can appear on both his shows (even though they air on two different networks).

Can't come soon enough.  Wheatley has hijacked enough of this show.  Though I'm sure he'll be a good replacement for Julian McMahon and I'll probably watch since I watch the others though right now I've been watching something else in that time slot.  I know Julian said he's leaving for other creative opportunities but three years seems soon to leave a show.  His daughter on the show has gone away to school so it's possible they can write his character out that way.  There are only two original cast members now and at least one is probably going on maternity leave.  I'm sure the show will be fine though as most of Wolf's procedurals seem to survive cast changes.  I know folks will be happy to not have the new lady be in charge which is what some people feared.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 4

Law & Order: OC: Barry O'Brien to Replace Ilene Chaiken as Showrunner

After 14 months of heading the Law & Order spinoff Organized Crime, showrunner Ilene Chaiken is exiting the series, which is still in production on its second season. She will be replaced by Barry O’Brien, who joined as co-executive producer in November, our sister site Deadline reports.

“Ilene did a terrific job launching the series and is a gifted writer,” said executive producer Dick Wolf. “She leaves the show in good hands and we are incredibly grateful for her contributions.”

• Useful 4

Some more good news! Besides changing the showrunner to re-tool this popped up on my Google News -

Chris Meloni On Dylan McDermott Leaving Law And Order: Organized Crime For CBS Drama : Dylan McDermott is leaving NBC's Law & Order: Organized Crime to star in CBS' FBI: Most Wanted, and Chris Meloni has thoughts.

Chris Meloni Will 'Miss Every Aspect' of 'Organized Crime' Co-Star Dylan McDermott

It looks like this is really the end for Wheatley. Altough I do wish his new series was not run by Dick Wolf just to make it a little harder for him to do any possible future guest spots. I love Chris Meloni, but I don't think most of us will miss most aspects of McDermott on the series...

• Love 2

From TVLine: * Law & Order: Organized Crime has named SVU veteran Bryan Goluboff as showrunner for the upcoming Season 3, per our sister site Deadline. Season 2’s interim showrunner Barry O’Brien will remain with the series as writer and executive producer.

58 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not a Meloni fan, however, I rather enjoy that commercial!  I’ve watched it several times. 😆

I guess Peloton is thinking outside the box (or the clothes) here to try and get their stock back up to where it was about a year ago.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not a Meloni fan, however, I rather enjoy that commercial!  I’ve watched it several times. 😆

Hahahaha, naughty! 😆

I was like… noooooooo Elliot! I don’t want to see your Jiminy sack!!! 

• LOL 2

Law & Order Three-Way Crossover Event Confirmed for Premiere — Get Fresh Plot Details, Plus a First Look

An unprecedented three-way crossover between the original Law & Order, SVU and Organized Crime is officially set for Thursday, Sept. 22 at 8/7c, NBC has confirmed. (TVLine first reported the crossover last month.) The crossover will serve as the season premiere for all three shows, combining all three casts for a singular three-hour story. Technically, the first hour will be an Organized Crime episode, followed by SVU and then Law & Order.

The plot centers around a young girl shot in cold blood, with Law & Order detectives Cosgrove and Shaw (played by new cast addition Mehcad Brooks) searching for her killer. SVU‘s Benson and Organized Crime‘s Stabler are called in to help, and once key evidence is uncovered, Law & Order‘s Jack McCoy and Nolan Price “seek justice against an international crime ring,” per the official description, “but complications threaten the outcome of their case.”

Not sure where to post this since it's not specifically about Season 3, episode 1.  I guess I'll post here since we can't start new threads.

In the past, I streamed the episodes through the basic Hulu or NBC app the day after.  Now I see this season is not available.  Is it no longer possible to stream the current Law & Order shows (OC and SVU) for free?  Looks like I have to have a paid Peacock subscription or Hulu Live now.

On 2/15/2023 at 12:56 AM, WendyCR72 said:

I put this in the other L&O forums/threads, but I'll put it here for completeness. Maybe Stabler can go undercover as a fire hydrant or squeak toy? 😉

Yeeeaah I don't think we want these writers doing another canine plot any time soon...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 4/18/2023 at 7:48 AM, justduckey said:

Where can we watch all the seasons? 

Are you willing to pay a la carte?  If so then Amazon, Apple, Google and Vudu

NBC "spoils" finale (May 18):

Spoiler

“With Many Names”
As OCCB and SVU close in on a callous and desperate suspect, the U.S. Attorney benches Stabler and Benson; Bell and Fin must lead the team on a perilous task; Rollins (SVU vet Kelli Giddish) confronts a witness who refuses to cooperate.

I will spoil part and say "It appears to be part 2 of a two-parter. Part one is on SVU (same night)".

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

This is better than a cancellation. Maybe they can have the cast make random appearances on the OG and SVU shows to keep them in the minds of the viewers. 

SVU barely has room for the small number of characters they have on now.  The only cast member crossing to SVU would be Chris Meloni.

Could be worse: It could just be punted to USA Network, as was the case for Law & Order: Criminal Intent back in the day (although that did give it 4 additional seasons, so a success by that standard).

Okay, NBC also aired the episodes with a short delay, but still.

With the construct of this show (until recently, anyway!) with short arcs, maybe being held is a good thing. Work out the kinks, and hope it has a show runner that will stick for more than a single season at a time...

• Like 2
22 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

SVU barely has room for the small number of characters they have on now.  The only cast member crossing to SVU would be Chris Meloni.

I could see Jet appearing on the other shows with her computer expertise. 

• Useful 1
On 5/13/2023 at 4:56 PM, StaceyNotStacie said:

I could see Jet appearing on the other shows with her computer expertise. 

Jet was in the SVU season finale episode crossover from OC, so you're right.

• Like 1