Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Voting

• Start Topic

Egad. I'm so wondering if with such a fluid situation the show takes on the current unrest.  Floyd's death is sure to be on the slate, but the aftermath? Every hour things change. 

• Love 2

Okay, first things first, Tucker Carlson needs to just not talk anymore. Good god.

Second, John ripping all these insane arguments apart is absolutely beautiful and this needs to be played on a loop for Tucker, Jeannine, et al to watch. "You'd have to know a dead person. It's hard to do, they're antisocial." LOL. 

Third, okay, the thought of the results of this year's election perhaps not being announced for a few days just depressed me even further, so thanks for that, John 😕. I do love that governor talking about how now's not the time to talk about the election, though. Really? Great, so does that mean politicians everywhere can hold off on all the political ads and campaigning and whatnot until August/September, too, then? 

It would be quite the irony, though, if people are forced to go vote in person in November, and they're so mad about doing so that it totally backfires on the GOP in the end. They're not even trying to hide their panic over what this election might do to them if enough people vote this go round. If they do lose, they'll have absolutely nobody to blame for it but themselves. 

• Love 12

It's really impressive how he manages to get to the very core of the issue. In my country, voting per letter has been established for ages, though I never took advantage of the option. There will be soon an election in my city, and I intend to use it for the very first time, even though I will miss to take a stroll up the street, and I am not even overly worried about the notion of doing so, because I know there will be only a few people present when I turn up there and while the election point is in a school, it will be done on Sunday anyway. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they just set up outside to make it as save as possible.

Anyway, now I am wondering if my city is prepared for the number of mail Votings suddenly shooting through the roof….

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Okay, first things first, Tucker Carlson needs to just not talk anymore. Good god.

John should drop his Adam Driver obsession for a while and replace it with a weekly Tucker Carlson roast. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, saoirse said:

Okay, John's take on the poll worker (was it the Secretary of State? Clearly higher on the list then a regular poll worker)'s uniform being 'Chernobyl casual' made me snort my beverage out my nose.

Loved that Chernobyl casual comment, too. I thought John said the guy was a Republican Congressman.

Everything is appalling right now, so I appreciated the end with the Dana White stuff. I can't remember any of the names right now, but they were fantastic.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Loved that Chernobyl casual comment, too. I thought John said the guy was a Republican Congressman.

Not a federal Congressman. He is the Republican Assembly Speaker for Wisconsin state legislature.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Given the gap between filming and airing, I'm good with John not going for the hottest topic. Instead, he covered voting logistics, and I'm hoping this gets seen so that people would be ready for some actual bullshit.

What is a boat shoe? Was that a dig at how Tucker is "extra" special? Quality insult, though. Thank you, John. You and your staff watch Fox News so I don't have to.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

What is a boat shoe? Was that a dig at how Tucker is "extra" special?

Originally designed to be worn on an actual boat (they have non-slip soles), but were appropriated by frat boys etc. and now have a stigma associated with white male privilege. This article gives a bit of insight, although it's ultimately in favour of the shoes.

boat shoe.jpg

Edited by purist
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Dana White alias list:

• Dumps McFightman
  • Lug Steakface
  • Spamiel Musclemilk
  • Skull Brisket
  • Tummybuns Bin Laden
  • Rufus T. Namethief
  • Doug

George Lucas might steal some of these...

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

No Adam Driver reference this week. Perhaps he got a cease and desist order.

Oh, I think there are few things in life that would give John and his merry band of writers more pure joy than a cease and desist order from Adam Driver.  Or from anyone really.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, swanpride said:

Also still no eratica…..

I am sure it will be in a place of honour when They return to the studio.   

Now, who’s getting ready for some Marblympics?

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 4
On 6/2/2020 at 2:47 AM, Lantern7 said:

What is a boat shoe? Was that a dig at how Tucker is "extra" special?

FYI: Seth Meyers called him "a monogrammed towel" and a "human penny loafer" in quick succession. So pretty much anything in a preppy closet is a valid descriptor.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/31/2020 at 10:21 PM, saoirse said:

Okay, John's take on the poll worker (was it the Secretary of State? Clearly higher on the list then a regular poll worker)'s uniform being 'Chernobyl casual' made me snort my beverage out my nose.

No, Chernobyl casual was the Wisconsin Speaker of the House who sued and won in person voting for the State Spring Primary election.  He was trying to protect a conservative seat on the State Supreme Court.  The voters kicked the conservative judge to the curb in spite of the virus.  
@paigow

Edited by b2H
  • Love 6