Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E15: Live Top 9 Results

• Start Topic

Airs May 12, 2020

In the live semi-final results show, three artists will be revealed as safe by America’s votes. After these finalists are revealed, the bottom three artists will be eliminated, while the middle three artists compete in the Instant Save for the last spot in the finale. Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, John Legend and Blake Shelton star as the celebrity panel of coaches and Carson Daly ("TODAY Show") hosts.

8 minutes ago, Babalooie said:

I was not mad at the results.  

On another note, I see that Kelly went ahead and got dressed for her other job as head chef at the Open Range Steak House.

Love you, Kelly.

I agree.

(edited)

Thanks a lot, long winded coaches.  I got as far as Carson saying "The fifth spot goes TO" and then screen freeze and the 'do you want to delete' message comes up.  I really wanted to see Zan's stank face when she didn't get it.  Really?  You can't even bother to clap and pretend to be happy that CammWess made it through?

Then I came here to find out who made it through and still didn't know other than that it wasn't Joanna (my pick) or Allegra.  I figured it wasn't Zan since the only person that seemed to like her was John.  

Not surprised it was Toneisha, since she went last and did Lovin' You.  People always lose their shit over the bird calls and I knew if she came even close to hitting them that she'd get the vote.

Also noticed that the credits on my screen freeze showed a psychologist.  Have they just added that since the whole quarantine thing or have they always had a staff psychologist?  Maybe when they started having a bunch of teen-going on tween-age girls filling up the contestant ranks.  Because there's nothing more dramatic than a high-strung 15 year old...

Aside:  I make it a personal rule never to root for someone who uses their middle name for a last name, so consequently I don't end up liking too many of the teen to early twenties females.

Edited by Sile
  • Love 2

Well I thought it was hella awkward and super embarrassing that only guys got through and, and the girls had to compete for one spot. I wonder how the coaches really felt. They had to know it was a bad look.

I totally agree that Toneisha picked the best song by far. That wasn't even close.  It always gets to me ever since I saw Maya Rudolph talking about it and getting very emotional on a SNL Mother's Day special. on the original you can hear Minnie coo "Maya Maya Maya" in the background. 

• Love 1

I got as far as Carson saying "The fifth spot goes TO" and then screen freeze and the 'do you want to delete' message comes up. 

Ha, me too but he got out the whole "Toneisha" before it froze. I was thinking really, Minnie Ripperton? but damn if she didn't hit those notes. I'm glad Thunderstorm made it too. I wonder if his other talented and equally interestingly named siblings have been scouted?

(edited)

In case you missed it. Face immediately accompanied by Most. Insincere. Applause. Ever. from Zan (one of those prayer-claps when the base of the hands stay together while only the fingers move a la Baby Shark).

I don’t feel sorry for her. I am automatically agin’ anyone who insists on wearing the Indi-Girl Hat of Extreme Individuality.

077CA01C-4F29-4B14-8F00-0285C9CAA5F3.jpeg

Thunderstorm is my favorite, but if Toneisha wins I won’t be mad even though she’s on Blake’s team.

Edited by sharifa70
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, retired watcher said:

I love how the coaches are so supportive of singers on other teams. 

The save went to the most talented, but I'll miss Joanna.

I agree that Toneisha is technically excellent but I don’t find her voice interesting or distinctive. She sounds like dozens of other singers I’ve heard. Joanna is the opposite, which is why I was hoping she’d make it. 

Not a fan of Zan but I thought she did a good job last night. She picked a good song for her voice. 

My favorite is CammWess (who has either one name or two names stuck together). I also like Todd and Thunderstorm and think Thunderstorm will win. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4

I didn't think that much about gender until they showed all the females before Carson announced the instant save winner.  Then I thought it was sad that it was mostly an all male final.  However, when I was posted who I liked the best on each team yesterday, I did choose the males except for Blake's team where I chose Toneisha because she sings so effortlessly.

I thought all of them sang well yesterday.  I've been disappointed with Zan since I really liked her knockout but thought she picked the perfect song for her yesterday.  I also wish she would get rid of the hat though.  I was a little disappointed with Toneisha's song because it was a little old fashioned and I'm saying this as someone that's old.

This is a good group of finalists.  If I had to choose, I would have had Toneisha be Blake's popular vote and one of the other females win the instant save.  But I knew that Todd was going to win for Blake's team.  I wouldn't be surprised if he won although I'm rooting for Thunderstorm.

3 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

In case you missed it. Face immediately accompanied by Most. Insincere. Applause. Ever. from Zan (one of those prayer-claps when the base of the hands stay together while only the fingers move a la Baby Shark).

I don’t feel sorry for her. I am automatically agin’ anyone who insists on wearing the Indi-Girl Hat of Extreme Individuality.

077CA01C-4F29-4B14-8F00-0285C9CAA5F3.jpeg

Thunderstorm is my favorite, but if Toneisha wins I won’t be mad even though she’s on Blake’s team.

Oh I feel the same way about those stupid hats.

• Love 3

I hadn't noticed anything about all males moving forward, except the save. I voted for a couple of them because they were the best singers. I don't pay attention to gender. I listen to whose voice I like, whose song I might purchase, who I might like to see in concert. Making everything about equality for genders is, in my opinion, sticking political correctness in where it has no place. I have never been a fan of the "just because" voting - voting for someone just because they are the same gender, same religion, same race, etc. It happens all the time, and I just don't understand it. Why not just vote for the person you liked the most? Period.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I hadn't noticed anything about all males moving forward, except the save. I voted for a couple of them because they were the best singers. I don't pay attention to gender. I listen to whose voice I like, whose song I might purchase, who I might like to see in concert. Making everything about equality for genders is, in my opinion, sticking political correctness in where it has no place. I have never been a fan of the "just because" voting - voting for someone just because they are the same gender, same religion, same race, etc. It happens all the time, and I just don't understand it. Why not just vote for the person you liked the most? Period.

Agree. I didn’t even think about gender or how many males or females were left. I voted for the ones I thought were the best. 

• Love 2

This season has a lot of talented singers, it's a pity they didn't get to experience performing live dolled up with the big production. Allegra would have made the finale in any other season. What a talented singer. But who I'd most likely look up after the show is Joanna. She's not the most powerful singer but her tone is gorgeous, especially her lower register. And there's always an ease about her performances which I love. 

• Love 2

I thought all 5 women gave very good performances, though Allegra and Toneisha were a touch above the others.

I feel particularly bad for Allegra because I think she would have had a decent chance of making the final under the normal format (I suspect it would have come down to very evenly matched sing-off between her, Micah and Cammwess, where I think she might have been able to prevail if the two guys split the votes).

My interest in the finale is lessened somewhat by the fact that Todd seems to be the odds on favorite to win.  Vocally, I would rate him no better than 7th or 8th among the Top-9 (alongside the equally hit or miss Zan and Joanna).  But we all know that this is mostly a popularity contest and likable Dad's tend to have an edge.

On a separate note, I really liked Thurderstorm's new wife.  He seems to have found a good one.  But given that she's Aussie and he'd been living somewhere back east, I wonder why they are Portland?

I don't like the live format from home (I know they don't have a choice) but I can't get into it.  I'm thinking too much about the cameras and decorations, who's panning the cameras back and forth and up in the trees and is the studio sending them stuff to stage a set? And what about the dresses the ladies are wearing, I don't believe for a second they have those hanging in their closet.

I wish the contestants would just sing songs from the genres they would sing if they were lucky enough to have a singing career.

I did enjoy the happy hour with the coaches.

• Love 1