Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: I Came to Sleigh

• Start Topic

With Jane trying to pick up the pieces after Iceland, she gets a strange message from an unknown ally that allows her to mount a rescue mission to free Rich DotCom from a CIA black-site. But she'll need the help of her old rival Sho Akhtar.

Airs April 30th.

(edited)

My god! The writing!

In two months, Madeline went from appointing herself lead of "the Civilian Oversight Committee" to getting appointed "Director of Federal Law Enforcement"? OMG!  OK so she has control of the NYC office but the people in D.C. aren't seeing what is going on? Totally ridiculous!

Now she is killing FBI personnel in the FBI office and bringing in her hired guns?! Last season, this cartoonish witch was defeated and reduced to nothing. I nominate her for "Comeback Villain" of the year". Is the show too cheap or doesn't care anymore to come up with a new villain?

The shack was completely leveled and group survived the direct hit. Even Reade was still breathing for a few minutes. Not a good look for our military's artillery. 

Too bad for Reade. Maybe he's the lucky one of the group! Tasha would have found a way to not marry him. When she said "you think you're the best I can do". I don't think she was joking.

Jane is living in a container and using a flip phone. How the mighty have fallen. At least it's better than living butt naked in a gym bag from the pilot episode.

In two months, Rich still hasn't broken. I give the CIA credit for still trying or after a few days, did they give up and were just torturing him for pleasure.

Why would the CIA believe the North Koreans would kill Rich. As soon as they got him they would have put his computer skills to use.

Afreen thought Weitz was behind the Times Square incident? What was she thinking? She doesn't know he's the show's goof ball!

Afreen! Don't say "I gave her fake coordinates" too loud so the snitches in the lab could hear! And Madeline didn't fire or kill her for the bad intel? I thought she was ruthless!

If Jane was down with killing Burn face guy, why would Sho hold her back, send Weller instead and not have one of his men accompany to witness the kill? 

Good to see Weller and Tasha recovered from their injuries (in two months) to get back in tremendous shape to kick the asses of the 10 or so CIA team.

Weller breaks into Rich's cell and asks him if he knows how to get out of there? That part of the plan he didn't care to stay and study? He told Tasha and Paterson, they were to be in and out in 90 seconds. I guess the last 20 seconds , he was going to improvise the escape?

Where is the team getting the money for the computers and travelling to different cities/countries?

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Poor Reade. That scene was brutal and probably haven’t cried like that with a character death in a while. I still don’t understand why writers have to kill off characters just for the shock value. And it’s not fun watching Madeline drunk with power and unstoppable. Blah.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 5
(edited)

I enjoyed the episode. Did anyone think that Jane was trying to deflect the question from Weller about where she had been for the 2 months? 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

I kept hoping they'd reveal Reade to be the one behind the new tattoo clue. But the episode ended with a very real send-off... no, I'm still hoping he just passed out and someone came by later and got him out. I don't think the FBI mentioned any of the team by name, just "the team." Not even, "what's left of the team." Ah, wishful thinking. I think I used to complain about how the main characters always escaped these ridiculous situations but I'm not happy about this.

Sooo looking forward to more Madeline. Now she's offering up, what, FBI traitors to some new torture project? Great. Can't wait for Tasha to jab a knife into her throat.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Where is the team getting the money for the computers and travelling to different cities/countries?

This. Never made sense to me.  And not only traveling, but using what identity? You'd think the evil witch would have facial rec at every airport.

• Love 2

I forget how Madeline acquired so much power to the point where she is running the FBI.  I believe she says the President hired her?  She seems to have turned the FBI into her own personal goon squad to satisfy her personal vendetta.

I for one am not too broken up over the loss of Reade.  I've never liked the character and I feel like he especially should have had no business being the Assistant Director who replaced Weller, considering all the shady things he had done himself.  Sorry for Tasha, but I do think she was serious when she asked him if he didn't think she couldn't do better than him.

It's been so long since last season's finale... can someone remind me of a few things?

1.  What happened to the guy with the creepy voice who was Madeline's partner and who was making the phone calls?  Dominick, or something like that?  Did he die last season?  Drawing a complete blank.

2.  Wasn't there a young woman who was revealed as the traitor in the FBI?  Bethany?  Britanny?  Bianca?  What happened to her?  We didn't see her at all.

3.  Is Afreen a new character or did we see her last season?

42 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I forget how Madeline acquired so much power to the point where she is running the FBI.  I believe she says the President hired her?  She seems to have turned the FBI into her own personal goon squad to satisfy her personal vendetta.

I for one am not too broken up over the loss of Reade.  I've never liked the character and I feel like he especially should have had no business being the Assistant Director who replaced Weller, considering all the shady things he had done himself.  Sorry for Tasha, but I do think she was serious when she asked him if he didn't think she couldn't do better than him.

It's been so long since last season's finale... can someone remind me of a few things?

1.  What happened to the guy with the creepy voice who was Madeline's partner and who was making the phone calls?  Dominick, or something like that?  Did he die last season?  Drawing a complete blank.

2.  Wasn't there a young woman who was revealed as the traitor in the FBI?  Bethany?  Britanny?  Bianca?  What happened to her?  We didn't see her at all.

3.  Is Afreen a new character or did we see her last season?

I just binged watched all the seasons for the first time over the past month and half- since you know- no one can go anywhere. LoL. So it's all fresh in my mind: 

1. Dominic was killed by Weller after he planted the virus to wipe out the electricity. 

2. Yeah Briana- she was approached by Dominic to help him- she turned him down after she was able to help the team. Then he blackmailed her into getting the gun from Weller's apartment- saying that if she didn't help he'd kill her parents. I'm assuming she'll probably be back at some point. 

3. Afreen was in the 4th season. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, twoods said:

Poor Reade. That scene was brutal and probably haven’t cried like that with a character death in a while. I still don’t understand why writers have to kill off characters just for the shock value. And it’s not fun watching Madeline drunk with power and unstoppable. Blah.

I was assuming they had to get rid of a cast member to cut the budget. I was sort of hoping he'd be revealed to be alive and behind the tattoo clue though.

I don't remember much from last year. I know Madeline was behind everything evil, and they had to go on the run, but what exactly were they framed for? I have a vague recollection of a bomb or a bomb threat, was that it?

I also don't recall how Madeline got in control of the FBI. They arrested her, did she just make a phone call to someone powerful and got out, or was there a better explanation.

18 hours ago, edhopper said:

Imagine an Administration that is so corrupt that it appoints the most incompetent , criminal  people to run Departments. Just imagine.

image.png.7772f7e598b6e1bf26c9f691dd75fc56.png

• LOL 4

I never really pay attention to this show and I didn't bother to rewatch the end of last season, so I may have missed this, but where is Weller's kid?  Is she with the mom in Utah (or was it Colorado)?

Lots about this episode was really dumb, but totally not surprising.  

Goodbye Reade. (And good luck on the movie career.)

(edited)

BOOOO!! I was really not a fan of them killing Reade, but I figured it would be him. With them on the run, outside the FBI, he was the most expendable. But I am super sensitive to them killing off people of color on tv shows and movies. 

I love this show, and will be sad to see it go. It is over the top, but the characterizations and chemistry of the cast are great. Zapata kicked ass this episode which is always fun to see.  Lol at the Korean description of Rich!!

If they want to make up for Reade, please PLEASE let it be Roman sending the team messages...

On 5/7/2020 at 8:16 PM, mxc90 said:

Afreen thought Weitz was behind the Times Square incident? What was she thinking? She doesn't know he's the show's goof ball!

Hahah! I love how Weitz went from annoying and useless bureaucrat to a somewhat endearing and amusing ally.  Very worried for Afreen. Thankfully, seems like Madeline figures why be all murder-y  in-staff when you can just hire a mercenary. 

Edited by mandigirl
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, mandigirl said:

If they want to make up for Reade, please PLEASE let it be Roman sending the team messages...

I just binged this show for the first time over the past month or so- and I told my boyfriend at the end of the 1st episode of this season- that I think Roman is actually alive and his death was a hallucination for Jane at the end of Season 3. I think they forgave each other and everything was fine- but he actually managed to escape and live. 

Probably not the case- but it just felt to easy to me. Lol. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

Are episode titles still being cryptic? 

I liked the awkward bonding between Rich and Zapata and Patterson wild new hairstyle. Like others I've forgotten much of the plot but since it sometimes feels the writers have too I'm not that bothered. 

On 5/9/2020 at 12:17 AM, KaveDweller said:

I don't remember much from last year. I know Madeline was behind everything evil, and they had to go on the run, but what exactly were they framed for? I have a vague recollection of a bomb or a bomb threat, was that it?

I also don't recall how Madeline got in control of the FBI. They arrested her, did she just make a phone call to someone powerful and got out, or was there a better explanation.

Madeline framed the team for everything that she has done related to Project Helios. Nash (forget his first name) was appointed director of FBI last season, and I'm assuming he's the one who "hired" Madeline to that FBI position (which has now changed to... I don't even remember what, and it's not really important anyway).

• Love 1
On 5/8/2020 at 9:53 PM, jabRI said:
On 5/8/2020 at 5:16 AM, mxc90 said:

This. Never made sense to me.  And not only traveling, but using what identity?

Patterson is a multimillionair. I assume the FBI froze her assets, but I also assume, super magic hacker that she is, she squireled a few million away in offshore accounts. That really is the least unbelievable part of the show to me.

On 5/10/2020 at 6:39 PM, luckyroll3 said:

I never really pay attention to this show and I didn't bother to rewatch the end of last season, so I may have missed this, but where is Weller's kid?  Is she with the mom in Utah (or was it Colorado)?

Yes, she is with her mom in Colorado. My question is: Where is Jane's kid? We haven't seen or heard from her in an entire season. She wasn't even mentioned. Did she die and I just didn't notice?