Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: The Mother Of All Final Face Offs, Part 1

• Start Topic

Based on the lack of comments I'm guessing Jordyn Woods was disappointing for a lot of people? I have no idea who she is except vaguely hearing her name in a Kardashian adjacent way and only because People magazine covers them relentlessly and I read headlines. 

She wasn't a bad performer but it's hard to care when you have no connection to them once revealed. They need to get more well known and/or nostalgic performers to maintain viewers. Although I guess they won't be filming a new season for awhile anyway.

• Love 2

Turtle was the only one who had a good song choice tonight. 

No surprise that the only one who isn’t a professional singer went home. 

I really want to know of Jenny has in in her contract that she has to be right certain amount or if she is just googling. There is no way that I believe she is coming up with the correct names on her own. 

43 minutes ago, Lilac2000 said:

Based on the lack of comments I'm guessing Jordyn Woods was disappointing for a lot of people? I have no idea who she is except vaguely hearing her name in a Kardashian adjacent way and only because People magazine covers them relentlessly and I read headlines. 

She wasn't a bad performer but it's hard to care when you have no connection to them once revealed. They need to get more well known and/or nostalgic performers to maintain viewers. Although I guess they won't be filming a new season for awhile anyway.

I know very little about Jordyn but she has 11 million followers on Instagram. They seem to be going after a very widespread fan base. For many people she is a bigger name than Dionne Warwick or Gronk. 

30 minutes ago, Dani said:

I know very little about Jordyn but she has 11 million followers on Instagram. They seem to be going after a very widespread fan base. For many people she is a bigger name than Dionne Warwick or Gronk. 

This is a good point. I guess their target audience is similar to Dancing with the Stars. The difference is on DWTS we get to know the contestants unfamiliar to us over the weeks. Here we only get vague clues and if it's someone unknown to a viewer, the impact seems to be much less. And I've officially thought way too much about this show!

And I agree with you about Jenny. Is it in her contract she gets to be right the most? I'm not arguing her knowledge of pop culture but sometimes her final guess is nowhere near where she has been guessing up till then. Gronk excepted since I think she guessed him immediately. (Along with most of the viewers.)

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Dani said:

I really want to know of Jenny has in in her contract that she has to be right certain amount or if she is just googling. There is no way that I believe she is coming up with the correct names on her own. 

You're right. There is no way that Jenny is coming up with the correct names. She also seems to have a lot of trivia knowledge about certain stars. Stuff that even real fans might not know. I'm not buying it, at all.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lilac2000 said:

Isn't she the one who was caught kissing Khloe's boyfriend at a party or something?  (She was Kylie's friend and that broke up the friendship.)  Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Of the judges' final five guesses for Kangaroo, the only ones I knew were Kat Deeley from SYTYCD hosting, and La La, for being the subject of raunchy trash talk from Kevin Garnett to Carmelo Anthony (allegedly). The other three, including Jordyn, never heard of them.

Different celebrities have different constituencies. Ninja, the Ice Cream from last season apparently has five million followers and I couldn't pick him out of a lineup. If Barry Zito is revealed as has been speculated, every non baseball fan would shrug their shoulders. A retired very good but not HOF athlete a decade after his peak without an after-playing career media presence? At least he can sing decently.

I've concluded as well that the guesses are managed so that the judges hit upon the right answer just as they are unmasked. The guesses are too apt given that the panel all have a similar demographic background. Having an early 20's panelist to guess social media stars and a 50+ year old panelist to guess older stars would feel more plausible, though Robin and Nicole get to play the "student of the great vocalist" card pretty often when guessing older singers.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Isn't she the one who was caught kissing Khloe's boyfriend at a party or something?  (She was Kylie's friend and that broke up the friendship.)  Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Yep, she got caught kissing Tristan Thompson, Khloe's baby daddy, at a party.

Although I like the song Angel sung, she sang it poorly.  She's lucky Kangaroo got booted. I thought Astronaut had the best night of the four.

I'm old and definitely not in the targeted demographic for this show, because I too don't recognize any of the names.  They throw a couple of oldies at us to keep us watching, but I think they've all been eliminated.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Lilac2000 said:

Based on the lack of comments I'm guessing Jordyn Woods was disappointing for a lot of people? I have no idea who she is

I had already forgotten who the reveal was, and this reminded me that I had/have no clue who this person is. I'm agreeing with others that even the guesses are people I've never heard of and therefore don't care about one lick. I guess I have this show on because nothing else is on in its time slot, since I've seen all the Frasier reruns multi times.

Just know that Insta and other followers can be purchased, 1,000 at a time. Doesn't mean they are real or give the person any cred, other than that person can afford to buy names to add to his/her account.

Nick Cannon continues to irk, and I agree that "some" judges are tipped off so a guess will be correct. You know, so it appears at least one judge has heard of the obscure unknown "singer."

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yep, she was Kylie's best friend, actually lived in Kylie's house, and made out with Khloe's boyfriend at a party. Jordan played the poor me, I didn't do it, I didn't mean it, and apparently tried to say Tristian forcibly kissed her at one point in her poor me tour. Uh, bitch, please. She certainly knew who Tristian was, who his girlfriend was, who her BFF was and whose house she was living in. But yeah, Jordan was the wronged party in all of it. Not that Tristian was without blame, but he at least hasn't made a career out of playing the victim. 

Of course all her hints pointed to the Kardashians. She wouldn't have any Instagram followers, a make up line, or even a chance at this show without them. She's only "known" because she was willing to cheat with her BFF's sister's boyfriend. She's not even a reality star or YouTube star.. she's a hanger-on. 

As for the rest, are they just confirming Night Angel's "accent" is faker than hell with all their guesses? None of the women they are guessing have an accent. The real shocker would be if she turns out to be a white woman with an actual British accent. I've been thinking the Turtle was Drew Lachey, but now I'm thinking Jordan Knight. No clue on the Astronaut. 

• Love 1
On 4/9/2020 at 11:11 PM, VartanFan said:

Man. Again I’m left wondering if I’m listening to the same show as the judges. The night angel, roo, and astronaut sounded awful to my ears. The astronaut was almost cringey. 

If the Astronaut is who I think he is, I have thought that for years about his vocals. I guessed him right away because no other man sounds that bad in country music.

On 4/9/2020 at 12:14 AM, MsJamieDornan said:

You're right. There is no way that Jenny is coming up with the correct names. She also seems to have a lot of trivia knowledge about certain stars. Stuff that even real fans might not know. I'm not buying it, at all.

I just came here to say that.  You can tell  that they are reading their guesses.  In other words, their scripts that the writers have given them.  Jenny must be quite friendly with the producers or something.

• Love 1