Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Why was Victor wearing suspenders? That look went out in the 80s! And I love how he just invited himself to join Devon and Abby with a ‘why the hell don’t I join you?’ 

if and when they get married, is Devon still going to call him Mr. Newman?

• LOL 14
(edited)

Devon's obeisance to Victor has always been off-putting to me, and his asking that King of Turd Mountain for his approval to marry Abby today was downright creepy.  Contrary to what Victor may think, he doesn't own Abby and she's not his to dispose of.  I know this is supposed to be part of old time manners but IMO it's time has come and long gone.  The optics aren't good, to put it mildly.

I'm trying to imagine anyone asking either of my grandfathers for their approval of any of their daughters marriages.  The laughter would blown them right into the middle of the Mississippi.

Kyle and Summer both need to have their heads pulled out of their asses.  Pouting is not Kyle's best look and Summer needs reminding she never gave birth to Harrison.  Not a good day when the sanest person in the room is Claire.

Can you go shopping till you find a judge to rule in your favor is that just Genoa City Justice?

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

But then Alan played Traci like a Parisian bistro piano. Of course he coyly wanted her to invite him to go with her to L.A. and GC. He's probably scared to let Traci escape from his clutches, lol.

The desperation on Traci was so obvious & cringey.  Did she offer Dead Martin to fly with her on the Abbott private jet?  Very nice.  Ugh, isn't Traci & her desperation a perfect target for any con artist that comes along?  Which made me think, maybe Dead Martin has been married 50 times & he's been skating by all these years by conning rich gullible women like Traci & marrying and/or romancing them & then squeezing oodles of dough outta them.

Idk, that he's in his 60's & Traci NEVER asks anything about his romantic background . . . it's sooooo dumb.  True, he could lie his head off, but she never even asks.  Can she be that much of a sap?  Oh yeah.  Poor Traci.  And there ain't NOBODY in the Abbott family to look out for her.  Eek!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Please tell me how a woman who has no legal standing as a child's parent - not biological, not adoptive - can get a judge to bar said child's biological father from taking him on a trip out of the country - I mean was Kyle stupid enough to have signed some kind of custody arrangement with Summer, rather than a visitation agreement guaranteeing that Harrison would have continuity of contact with his father's now ex-wife, who had been a constant presence in his life since he was about three years old?

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Kyle & Abby in the same scene?

Well, they are cousins, or half-cousins, that is - Jack and Ashley have the same mother, but different fathers.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Dear Billy Abbott; 

Hey, loser. I considered your advice about Harrison and donated it to some dung beetles to roll. I’m his mom, not Kyle, not Claire, not you and not Audra. Me. In fact, I’ve been rubbing my spit into his forehead while he sleeps so that I can pass a maternity test. Ha ha! My lawyer took me judge shopping which isn’t quite as much fun as buying edible thongs for Chance on Kyle’s credit card. We finally found one who said “I’ll sign whatever the fuck you want, just get this nattering asshole away from me”, which my lawyer assured me was a legal term of art. Yay! I win, I win, I win! I bumped off several squirrels racing back to Abbott land and flattened Kyle’s pomp with my manila folder of truth. Wheeeee! Claire showed me a picture Harrison drew of Paris to persuade me to let her fly Slutpuppy Air with Kyle and Audra and my sweet boy. Big deal! I once drew a picture of a magical place my dad told me about. It was called Fart Town. He never did take me there, but I got over it when Daddy explained that Fart Town was wherever my father and his stinky badonkadonk was. I made sure Claire knew she wasn’t shit, then went upstairs to give Harrison a new Nintendo Switch and left after flexing my mom muscle at nanny numbnuts. Kyle can lower the boom about Paris. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. Tee hee.

Summer (I could own Judge Judy so hard)

Dear Billy Abbott;

I am so frickin’ pissed that I could kick an otter across a soccer pitch. I have punched myself repeatedly in the friend zone just to feel anything other than pure rage. Summer has somehow found a judge to stop me from taking my own son to Paris. Ol’ Judge Cockblock has really put a damper on showing my oui oui to Claire. Like how did this happen? Summer has no biological or legal relationship with the kid. I don’t even know what the fuck her damage is anymore. Everything I do is wrong, evil  or a danger to Harrison. It’s not like I’m going to have a three way on the plane with Claire and Audra (I floated the idea by Audra. She was not amused.) Summer acts like Audra is some terrible threat while ignoring that her own mother is a pterodactyl in heat. Then I run into my cousin Abby, who rubs her engagement bliss in my face. The jokes on her because I pooped all over her happiness like a goose with dysentery. After shit strafing Abby’s big news, I met with my lawyer at a restaurant because that’s where respectable lawyers for wealthy douchebags do business. He toddled off with a face full of rabies foam and orders to obliterate Summer from Harrison’s life. I’m not looking for advice here. Just put some respect on my name AND my smirk.

Kyle (The Pompadour Also Rises)

Dear Idiots;

I have a better chance of winning custody of Harrison, and people are quite aware of my background. Summer, you cray. I don’t think Sharon is the only one wandering around Genoa City completely detached from reality. At least she has an excuse. You’re ranting and raving about the “chaos” Audra will bring to Harrison’s life by simply working alongside Kyle. Really, asshole? Are you serious? Your mother and grandfather are toxic turd grenades with the pins 90% pulled. Shut the fuck up forever about anyone else’s bad influence. You have no standing to put the kibosh on Kyle taking his son on a business trip, so maybe you dug up the judge who let your mother free after her frame job on Diane. Perhaps Victor held a judge in his sprout cellar/torture chamber for just such an occasion. Either way, if this ever gets before a judge who went to law school on planet Earth, your ass is grass. Really annoying grass. Kudzu actually.

Kyle, what made you think Summer wouldn’t evolve into Phyllis lite? The signs were always there. This is what you earn when you marry a shallow turnip willing to use her vital organs to extort a relationship out of you. Btw, what kind of car did you buy Summer for banging me? See, if you can be asked a question like that, what the fuck are we even doing here? But that’s lukewarm hot dog water under the bridge. Hey, have I mentioned yet that my nephew was fired by his mother? Oh, that was you, dawg? My bad. Anyway, I’ve seen you bouncing from bar to bar, double fisting hard lemonades and hissing at people through bared teeth like a ‘roided up mongoose high on whippets. You take even the mildest statements as grievous insults and keep bringing nuclear warheads to a butter knife fight. Calm the fuck down. And look, I find Devon to be a humorless prick on his best days, but even I wouldn’t pizzle on Abby’s love parade. In other news, isn’t your nanny around Katie’s age, you pervert? What is wrong with you?

Here’s my advice. Jack gets custody of Harrison, so he can finally have a living son who isn’t a disappointment. Harrison can continue to live in the home he loves, be doted on by Aunt Traci (after she disentangles herself from that stage five Fronch clinger) and his undomesticated honey badger parents can go get their shots. His beloved, Benjamin Button ass nanny can go back to Newman Enterprises and stop cosplaying as Mary Poppins with less sexual heat. You’re both welcome.

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Dear Billy Abbott; 

Hey, loser. I considered your advice about Harrison and donated it to some dung beetles to roll. I’m his mom, not Kyle, not Claire, not you and not Audra. Me. In fact, I’ve been rubbing my spit into his forehead while he sleeps so that I can pass a maternity test. Ha ha! My lawyer took me judge shopping which isn’t quite as much fun as buying edible thongs for Chance on Kyle’s credit card. We finally found one who said “I’ll sign whatever the fuck you want, just get this nattering asshole away from me”, which my lawyer assured me was a legal term of art. Yay! I win, I win, I win! I bumped off several squirrels racing back to Abbott land and flattened Kyle’s pomp with my manila folder of truth. Wheeeee! Claire showed me a picture Harrison drew of Paris to persuade me to let her fly Slutpuppy Air with Kyle and Audra and my sweet boy. Big deal! I once drew a picture of a magical place my dad told me about. It was called Fart Town. He never did take me there, but I got over it when Daddy explained that Fart Town was wherever my father and his stinky badonkadonk was. I made sure Claire knew she wasn’t shit, then went upstairs to give Harrison a new Nintendo Switch and left after flexing my mom muscle at nanny numbnuts. Kyle can lower the boom about Paris. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. Tee hee.

Summer (I could own Judge Judy so hard)

Dear Billy Abbott;

I am so frickin’ pissed that I could kick an otter across a soccer pitch. I have punched myself repeatedly in the friend zone just to feel anything other than pure rage. Summer has somehow found a judge to stop me from taking my own son to Paris. Ol’ Judge Cockblock has really put a damper on showing my oui oui to Claire. Like how did this happen? Summer has no biological or legal relationship with the kid. I don’t even know what the fuck her damage is anymore. Everything I do is wrong, evil  or a danger to Harrison. It’s not like I’m going to have a three way on the plane with Claire and Audra (I floated the idea by Audra. She was not amused.) Summer acts like Audra is some terrible threat while ignoring that her own mother is a pterodactyl in heat. Then I run into my cousin Abby, who rubs her engagement bliss in my face. The jokes on her because I pooped all over her happiness like a goose with dysentery. After shit strafing Abby’s big news, I met with my lawyer at a restaurant because that’s where respectable lawyers for wealthy douchebags do business. He toddled off with a face full of rabies foam and orders to obliterate Summer from Harrison’s life. I’m not looking for advice here. Just put some respect on my name AND my smirk.

Kyle (The Pompadour Also Rises)

Dear Idiots;

I have a better chance of winning custody of Harrison, and people are quite aware of my background. Summer, you cray. I don’t think Sharon is the only one wandering around Genoa City completely detached from reality. At least she has an excuse. You’re ranting and raving about the “chaos” Audra will bring to Harrison’s life by simply working alongside Kyle. Really, asshole? Are you serious? Your mother and grandfather are toxic turd grenades with the pins 90% pulled. Shut the fuck up forever about anyone else’s bad influence. You have no standing to put the kibosh on Kyle taking his son on a business trip, so maybe you dug up the judge who let your mother free after her frame job on Diane. Perhaps Victor held a judge in his sprout cellar/torture chamber for just such an occasion. Either way, if this ever gets before a judge who went to law school on planet Earth, your ass is grass. Really annoying grass. Kudzu actually.

Kyle, what made you think Summer wouldn’t evolve into Phyllis lite? The signs were always there. This is what you earn when you marry a shallow turnip willing to use her vital organs to extort a relationship out of you. Btw, what kind of car did you buy Summer for banging me? See, if you can be asked a question like that, what the fuck are we even doing here? But that’s lukewarm hot dog water under the bridge. Hey, have I mentioned yet that my nephew was fired by his mother? Oh, that was you, dawg? My bad. Anyway, I’ve seen you bouncing from bar to bar, double fisting hard lemonades and hissing at people through bared teeth like a ‘roided up mongoose high on whippets. You take even the mildest statements as grievous insults and keep bringing nuclear warheads to a butter knife fight. Calm the fuck down. And look, I find Devon to be a humorless prick on his best days, but even I wouldn’t pizzle on Abby’s love parade. In other news, isn’t your nanny around Katie’s age, you pervert? What is wrong with you?

Here’s my advice. Jack gets custody of Harrison, so he can finally have a living son who isn’t a disappointment. Harrison can continue to live in the home he loves, be doted on by Aunt Traci (after she disentangles herself from that stage five Fronch clinger) and his undomesticated honey badger parents can go get their shots. His beloved, Benjamin Button ass nanny can go back to Newman Enterprises and stop cosplaying as Mary Poppins with less sexual heat. You’re both welcome.

Holey freaking moley, @NinjaPenguins. This is an astounding arrangement of words and sentences. I'll have what you're having.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Idk, that he's in his 60's & Traci NEVER asks anything about his romantic background . . . it's sooooo dumb.

Yeah, I can't figure out if Traci is that big of a simp (like her older brother), or if she just doesn't want to know any more about Alan's dirt than he'll volunteer on his own. That way, she could at least claim she had no idea when he turns out to be a serial killer or something. O hai Martin.

13 hours ago, boes said:

Devon's obeisance to Victor has always been off-putting to me, and his asking that King of Turd Mountain for his approval to marry Abby today was downright creepy.  Contrary to what Victor may think, he doesn't own Abby and she's not his to dispose of.  I know this is supposed to be part of old time manners but IMO it's time has come and long gone.  The optics aren't good, to put it mildly.

I opted not to comment on a certain aspect of the optics because I recalled how back in the day, Neil asked Victor for Victoria's hand in marriage. This is something Y&R is oddly consistent about despite how iffy it looks.

Does anyone remember whether Cane asked Neil for Lily's hand in marriage when they got engaged? If he didn't, I'm calling even more b.s., for reasons.

14 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Why was Victor wearing suspenders? That look went out in the 80s!

I guess we're not supposed to make negative comments about a character's or actor's physical attributes. However, I think it's clear a belt will not serve Victor well right now, hence the suspenders.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Does Mrs. Martinez not have a freezer at the Abbott house? Do the Abbotts know you can actually keep ice cream at the house if you have such a contraption? 

Please, please writers give Summer her comeuppance for this move. Maybe Chance can school her on how to drop a kid with whom you have no biological relationship. Dom who?

Can’t we have nice things? 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Temporary injunction. Chile, please. Summer, I think you need a temporary injunction on your ability to breathe. HARRISON IS NOT YOUR CHILD.

Billy must be in a manic phase or something. I was amazed Lily didn't smack him upside the head with that ridiculous "Abbott Chancellor" logo prototype.

I'm with Summer on one point: would a kid Harrison's age actually be so hyped about going to Paris? They could probably take him to the Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas and he'd be just as excited.

Hey, Y&R: have y'all heard? The Olympics are happening in Paris right now! You could do a location shoot. Oops, it's on NBC. Never mind. 😏

Not that it's any of Summer's bizniz but Kyle isn't sleeping with Audra. I don't get why she persists in believing that he is, absent any concrete evidence.

Kyle asked Claire to move into the Abbott manse to look after Harrison while he's away on his business trip. IMO Kyle should've okayed the possibility with Jack first since it's his house. Good thing Claire declined.

Sweet moment between Lily and Devon, when she hugged him in congratulations of his engagement to Abby. Neil would be proud.

Summer and Phyllis talked about Harrison like Summer spending lots more fun! time with him would be a strategic weapon. Sigh, poor kid.

Nikki, Kay didn't have to work her way up the corporate ladder at CI. She inherited it after her first husband, Gary Reynolds, died. Then later she renamed it after her second husband, Philip Chancellor II. Kay's ghost doesn't need you telling lies on her name, Nik.

Re the previews: geez, Chelsea. A cheater's guilt tends to out itself in one way or another. Just sayin'.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

The desperation on Traci was so obvious & cringey.  Did she offer Dead Martin to fly with her on the Abbott private jet?  Very nice.  Ugh, isn't Traci & her desperation a perfect target for any con artist that comes along?  Which made me think, maybe Dead Martin has been married 50 times & he's been skating by all these years by conning rich gullible women like Traci & marrying and/or romancing them & then squeezing oodles of dough outta them

So much cringe.  I have been saying f

10 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

isn’t quite as much fun as buying edible thongs for Chance on Kyle’s credit card

or a while Traci should have a love interest and actual life, but not this!

10 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

as buying edible thongs for Chance on Kyle’s credit card

STOP RIGHT THERE.  You have topped yourself {and I didn't think it was possible}.

• LOL 5

Wow, Billy's big re-branding presentation was done on Microsoft Word.  Impressive.

I never thought I'd say this about Y&R clothes, but I have the same shirt Kyle was wearing.  It looks better on me.😼

• LOL 11
On 7/26/2024 at 2:03 AM, Js Nana said:

can get a judge to bar said child's biological father from taking him on a trip out of the country

Didn't the judge even ask for a birth certificate for the kid, a birth certificate which would have shown that the plaintiff was neither the biological, nor adoptive, mother of that child - can strangers walk into a courtroom and claim a child as their own?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Dear Billy Abbott;

I hope you have some experience in workplace conflict resolution. My business partner has devoted an inordinate amount of time and resources to developing a new logo for our company. Today he presented me with a sample that exaggerated the importance of his own contribution by quite a bit. It reminded me of the way he’d hype his penis while we were dating. He seemed rather aroused by our little logo spat, though it’s hard to tell if he has a fight boner even when he’s wearing tight slacks. The man is exhausting. What can I do to make this partnership work?

Lily Loves a Challenge

Dear Lily;

What a timely letter! I had a very relevant experience just today, only I presented a very fresh, modern corporate logo to my partner, who looked like she’d just walked in on my elaborate staging of mirrors and lighting to enhance the visual flair of my bedstick. It’s like a breadstick, but sexy. Naturally, being the ideal business partner, I compromised and sent the logo back to Katie and Johnny for revision. I just hope this hidebound person realizes that I possess a bottomless validation hole in my sinus cavity that can never be filled. I also feel incredibly pressured to succeed quickly as I feel demons breathing down my neck. Not my gambling, risk taking ones; I’m talking actual fucking hellspawn summoned from the bowels of hell by a necromancer. There’s some eldritch vibes jostling my jimmies, and I don’t like it. A good partner would let me have everything I want and learn the rite of exorcism just in case. Think about it.

Dear Billy Abbott;

My… conscience (I think?) was bothering me. See, I have a friend who works for her family business. Everyone has recently changed positions there, leaving her mother without a job. However, her daddy plans to commandeer another big company for her mother to run. This friend is just really down to earth, relatable, fabulous, warm, witty and brilliant. The friend’s former husband is the big nostril at the corporation in her daddy’s crosshairs, and big daddy plans to make a grand show of firing the ex. There will even be a ceremony where the nostril will be put in stocks for employees to pelt with heads of lettuce. He will be ritually stripped naked and paraded around Chancellor Park with a big L painted on his concave chest. Finally, the poor guy will be slathered in hemorrhoid cream and left in Jabot’s foyer to shrink. My friend was sort of worried about the kids’ reaction to seeing their grandfather destroy their father and send him into a dark spiral of depression and self-loathing. But her mother wants that executive position so bad, because the company’s founder was her buddy and women’s empowerment, blah blah, the nostril always bounces back, blah blah blah. My friend immediately realized what a silly head she was being - her ex-husband means nothing compared to her family always winning. Her kids will just need to suck it up and get with the program, plus she can always buy their love back. Plus all sins are washed away when you say “It’s not personal, it’s business.” That was a close call! Do you get what I’m saying here?

Victoria the Friend

Dear Victoria;

Let me respond with a ghost story that you may find illuminating. There once was a vampire who ruled over a village with a bloody fist. His whims and grievances became law, he took all he could while giving nothing of equal value back and used the mountains of gold in his vaults to inflict misery on those who displeased him. The villagers never knew what terror the vampire and his thralls would cause, so each day was filled with anxiety and despair. One day, the villagers had endured their absolute limit and feverishly gathered up torches, pitchforks and holy water. They marched the hilly road to the old castle, most silently imploring any higher power who was listening to aid them. Suddenly, as the mob crested the last hill, the sky opened up and a Brussel’s sprout the size of a brontosaurus punched through the clouds and flattened the castle, vampire, thralls and all. The end.

Dear Billy Abbott; 

What’s up, lover boy? I was sitting across from my daughter, my daughter, and I finally saw what others have been whispering behind our backs. Instead of my Supergirl, there were two fleshy lobes sandwiching a sphincter that would not stop farting words. I… could she actually be an asshole? My child? You gotta talk me down here, whistle dick. She was gloating about some injunction she laid on Kyle that ruined Harrison’s trip to Paris. She was incandescent with joy. Of course, I had to choose my words very carefully because I think she could actually wish me into a cornfield. This isn’t a custody fight to her, this is war. Holy delusions, Batman! She believes Kyle is sleeping with Audra, but I know Nate’s hitting that because I’ve parked my unemployed ass at the club to people watch. She thinks  a child’s drawing is some kind of anti-her propaganda. I thought I taught her to moderate her paranoia better than that. Is this my fault? No, it has to be Nick’s. Nick’s fault. I felt a very strange sensation, guilt and regret over losing custody of Daniel. I find the best way to quash feelings like that is to double down on doing the wrong thing, so I egged Summer on. Now I’m going to get the big ol’ stink eye from Nick and Jack. What about you, Snuffles?

Phyllis, Walk of Shame Monitor

Dear Phyllis;

Did you know? My advanced nasal passages can actually smell stink eye? It’s America’s hidden epidemic, but no one has figured out a way to safely apply retinal deodorant. I won’t give you the smelly eyeball, but I will yeet you off the cliff of truth. You’ve seen the real Summer. My advice?  Enjoy the cornfield!, scarecrow.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
(edited)
On 7/25/2024 at 9:27 AM, Skarzero said:

Lucy is Daniel's only kid and I think she has potential to be next gen reoccurring psychopath/villain of the show. Rather than just haphazardly killed off before she get's the chance to do some damage.

Lucy is also Daisy's daughter and Phyllis' only biological grandchild, so she's got a double dose of psycho genes. She could start with Faith's snotty friend if we want to keep key families intact.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
On 7/26/2024 at 9:55 AM, MollyB said:

Also, it seems she went ex parte to one judge WHO MADE A RULING she didn't like and so wandered off to another judge.  No can do, Dummer.  The second judge can't undo another's ruling. 

Why didn't Kyle's lawyer object? He didn't sound very smart when basically telling Kyle to give up. Where is John Silva when we need him? (I always imagined him looking good in a speedo back in the day). Or Kyle could start writing letters to Tara to find out when she gets out of jail.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, MollyB said:

They can try, but, yeah, it would have been nice if JG had set this up better with an actual adoption taking place so we viewers could sympathize with and believe in Dummer's concern for 'her chile'.  All we have to work with is a verbal custody agreement (that we also never witnessed) that I'm beginning to believe is only in Dummer's mind.  I'd also like to point out that the whole time she has been mothering this waif he has had a nanny (and he was very upset about losing the first one).  When, oh, when did Dummer find the time to be in his life when she was fast-tracking a CEO position and also out having clandestine meetings with her fugitive mother?  She's as absentee a parent as her dad.  I guess having two women in your ex's life just kicks those maternal feelings into high gear.

She also has had at least months and the financial means to find a proper home instead of living in a one-bed hotel room. Seems like if she cared about Harrison spending time with her that would be a priority to find an apartment. Indeed, this is why just now she is saying she wants to move. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

A competent thespian is able to make one believe things that are not true, have feelings that are not real. Wow, the actress that plays Summer is really good !!. I believe with all my being that Summer is the bitchiest bitch that ever bitched , and I want SO much to slap her smirking face off.        FREE HARRISON !!

Meanwhile, as TGVN was suspender channelling The Great Gatsby, he seemed to have an "Old Timer's" moment. [And @NinjaPenguins didn't catch it??????] 

Sweet Abby is entering her 3rd engagement....3rd marriage [at least all I can remember]. Stitch, Chance, and now Devon. Three, Victor, not two. 

Has the Show hair stylist decided every woman must part her hair in the middle and comb it over her cheeks ?? Especially not a good look for poor Phyl...she looks so old.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Wow, Billy's big re-branding presentation was done on Microsoft Word.  Impressive.

That's where he went wrong. He should've had his staff do it in PowerPoint with a fade-in effect of the letters. Lily would've been so impressed it would've made her dizzy. Yeah.

2 minutes ago, Peppermint said:

Meanwhile, as TGVN was suspender channelling The Great Gatsby, he seemed to have an "Old Timer's" moment.

It seemed to me he was reading his lines off the props again. That usually involves some awkward pauses.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

Bonus points for Cleve if she has any of Auntie Jordan's poison left. Just a touch, enough to make Summer so ill she can't care for her fauxson while Kyle heads off to Gay Paree. Too bad, so sad, must revert to original plan and take Harrison and Cleve abroad. 

Has anyone mentioned that this trip is to last almost a whole WEEK, not forever months, Summer. 

• Like 7
  • Wink 3
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Peppermint said:

Sweet Abby is entering her 3rd engagement....3rd marriage [at least all I can remember]. Stitch, Chance, and now Devon. Three, Victor, not two. 

Did she marry Arturo or just get engaged? 

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Did she marry Arturo or just get engaged

Ooh I forgot about him. I think they were just engaged.

• Like 6
51 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

t seemed to me he was reading his lines off the props again. That usually involves some awkward pauses

Yeah, I thought he was reading them also.

Is every woman on the show contractually made to wear hair extensions? Claire's hair seems to have grown 12 inches in two moths.  And Chelsea--WTF at least keep it from hanging in your face.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Denize said:

Why didn't Kyle's lawyer object? He didn't sound very smart when basically telling Kyle to give up.

Because that's the dialogue JG gave the actor playing the lawyer.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
On 7/26/2024 at 6:54 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

that ridiculous "Abbott Chancellor" logo prototype.

The one where the lettering for Abbott is twice the height of the lettering for Chancellor.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I think she could actually wish me into a cornfield

This is what I'll think of every time Summer launches into one of her psycho rants - and they really are psycho rants, like she'd lunge for your throat if you happened to touch her arm when she's in the midst of one.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Denize said:

Abby Hot-pants-in-Winter also had an affair with Dummer's husband Austin Travers before he died in an Armoire.  There were probably more during her Lady Godiva stage.

Carmine.  🔥 Hubba hubba.  (No engagement, though. Just a fling.)

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Billy, just because you don't trust Adam, you don't have the right to expect his girlfriend not to. Let Sally figure out her own feelings about the puzzling situation with Chelsea and Adam.

Ruh roh, Connor gets to come back home for outpatient mental health treatment. Be afraid, GC. Be very afraid.

Sharon was throwing hella weird attitude at Daniel. He has no idea how whacked out she is right now.

Daniel's tats. Bleh. They're probably what set Sharon off. #notevenkidding

So does Sharon have OCD in addition to her bipolar disorder, or is her Cassie obsession just a symptom? Whatever, one of the eleventy-zillion pharmaceutical ads running during the show today was for Caplyta. IMO that couldn't have been a coincidence.

Billy, dense much? Climb off Sally's @$$ about Adam. Silly or Bally will never happen if you keep this up because Sally'll hate your guts.

Chelsea still lives in that apartment over the coffeehouse. The whole dull mood of that place can't be good for Connor's mental health. Seems to me Marchetti should be paying Chelsea enough to live in a house. And Adam should be paying her plenty in child support.

Interesting how Lucy lied to Daniel about the pool party since her text to Faith confirmed she didn't attend. He'll probably find out accidentally by mentioning it to Faith.

Yeesh, William, if you go looking for trouble you're likely to find some. Or create a worse problem. What is wrong with you?

Cassie's death was tragic but wasn't it like 15 years ago, or at least before Lucy was born? I don't get why Lucy's so fixated on it now.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Is it just me or is this show probably the most dull and boring as it has ever been?  It is a chore to watch it...same people, same conversations, same storylines.  And at least one plot so predictable (a possible car accident or some other catastrophe) involving Faith and grand-spawn of Phyllis. I could be wrong on that one. There is no fun or anticipation in the writing and the characters; there are fewer posts than usual lately. And that is surely a "tell" re the state of interest from viewers. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

There is no fun or anticipation in the writing and the characters; there are fewer posts than usual lately. And that is surely a "tell" re the state of interest from viewers.

There's no joy in Mudville these days, is there?

I feel like Josh Griffith is either working through every mental condition either he or everyone he knows has ever suffered from, or he's getting his storylines from a Psych 101 text book and they're all as intensely inane and boring as I imagine being locked in a room with him would be.

It's so dull.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nick spends time with his non-annoying daughter and learns that Sharon is still zoning out, mourning Cassie, ignoring her meds and skipping work. You can tell he’s itching to find a port-a-potty to change into his Garbage Ape tights and cape

Our Hero sure was itching!  He kept squirming his baboon behind on that park bench as if his he'd mistakenly applied hot pepper cream instead of his hemorrhoid ointment where the sun never shines.

He's just such a supah DOD, though.  

• LOL 12
8 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Show is so boring I just didn’t even finish it today. 

Nor did I.

3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nick spends time with his non-annoying daughter

Who is that?

I'm going to give Sharon a pass.  I know from experience that getting the right mixture/dosage for bi-polar can take a while to be fine tuned and effective.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

think a demon got loose from Victor’s tower prison and is impersonating Cassie

There was that odd brussel sprout green glow to her......

No one expects the Buttbiscuit Inquisition, and apparently no one escapes it either.

What part of "Connor's coming home today!! And we're going to get him!! TODAY!!  Like, right now!!" did Billy miss?  He was so disingenuous about how sitting down to lunch and talking it out took any less time than sitting down for coffee to talk it out.  You're still going to hold them hostage until they confess, you moron.  All he needs is a bell (a la the Septnun in GOT- "confess"=dong="confess"=dong=.....) to really make his point.

2 hours ago, boes said:

He's just such a supah DOD, though.  

Are we ever going to see Christian have a heart-to-heart with Daddums?

And while I'm on parent issues:  I wasn't watching when Victoria was married to Hairyson's father-at-the-time.  Did she ever stepmom him?  Can she go to court and take custody away from her niece?  I'd watch.

Inquiring Minds Tuesday:  Random thought, now that Connor is coming back will we see Johnny and him vying for Lucy's attentions?  Why hasn't she been going to all the pool parties and barbecues that Johnny and Katie are attending?  Aren't they a little closer in age than Faith?  

2 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I'm going to give Sharon a pass

Yeah, it's not her fault JG can't make up his mind what diseases/mental problems he's giving his characters.

Edited by MollyB
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Cassie's death was tragic but wasn't it like 15 years ago, or at least before Lucy was born? I don't get why Lucy's so fixated on it now.

Nick said 20 years ago, so before Lucy was born, and it makes Mariah 34. I think they are setting up a story with Lucy playing the Cassie role, wanting to hang out with older kids, but hopefully with a better outcome.  I'd like to know where she hid out when she wasn't at the party. She should play Good Lucy with her hair combed & neatly curled under and Bad Lucy with it stirred up into a Boris Johnson 'do.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Claire stopping in at the NE CEO office to do some brownnosing and Victoria eating it up.

Three grown adults standing there listening to Billy boss them around and not one of them had the stones to tell him to go eff himself sideways. WTAF?

Billy said sometimes his mouth gets him in trouble. Nah, William, you get your mouth in trouble by letting it write checks your body can't cash. The Billy Abbott Mistakes account is permanently overdrawn.

But Claire, you are trying to sic your mommy on Summer. You are. You can deny it all day but your passive-aggression skills are top-notch.

Diane trying to step to Audra. Girl, bye. The only way Audra could care less about your opinion of her is if she time-traveled back to before she even heard of you.

Hey, it's Cole. Slacker #1.

Whew, Jack ate Kyle for breakfast AND lunch, and then picked his teeth with the bones. I think I even heard Pearl Jam singing Jeremy in the background.

BILLY, SHUT THE FCUK UP! What do you expect Chelsea and Adam to say that will prove you right? Yeesh, I can't understand how someone simultaneously has no clue and they're thisclose to the answer.

Finally. Chelsea managed to break free of Billy's nutty inquisition. Dump him, Chelz! Billy is willfully putting himself above the needs of your child.

Interesting how Cole was encouraging Claire to go back to college and stop being a nanny. Right move but for questionable reasons. Either way, Claire definitely wasn't on board.

Sally, throwing in with Billy against Adam is not the way you want to go.

Hey Cole, Harrison's parents are not Summer and Kyle, it's Tara and Kyle. Act like you know. 😡

Kyle, showing your a$$ in public won't do anything to enhance public perception of Glissade. It likely won't hurt Jabot either. Stop letting your mommy and daddy provoke you.

Oops, Chelsea slipped up and admitted to feeling guilty. She played right into Billy's relentless hands. Gah, woman, pull yourself together!

Another random mention of Tucker. <sigh>

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Claire stopping in at the NE CEO office to do some brownnosing and Victoria eating it up.

Three grown adults standing there listening to Billy boss them around and not one of them had the stones to tell him to go eff himself sideways. WTAF?

Billy said sometimes his mouth gets him in trouble. Nah, William, you get your mouth in trouble by letting it write checks your body can't cash. The Billy Abbott Mistakes account is permanently overdrawn.

But Claire, you are trying to sic your mommy on Summer. You are. You can deny it all day but your passive-aggression skills are top-notch.

Diane trying to step to Audra. Girl, bye. The only way Audra could care less about your opinion of her is if she time-traveled back to before she even heard of you.

Hey, it's Cole. Slacker #1.

Whew, Jack ate Kyle for breakfast AND lunch, and then picked his teeth with the bones. I think I even heard Pearl Jam singing Jeremy in the background.

BILLY, SHUT THE FCUK UP! What do you expect Chelsea and Adam to say that will prove you right? Yeesh, I can't understand how someone simultaneously has no clue and they're thisclose to the answer.

Finally. Chelsea managed to break free of Billy's nutty inquisition. Dump him, Chelz! Billy is willfully putting himself above the needs of your child.

Interesting how Cole was encouraging Claire to go back to college and stop being a nanny. Right move but for questionable reasons. Either way, Claire definitely wasn't on board.

Hey Cole, Harrison's parents are not Summer and Kyle, it's Tara and Kyle. Act like you know. 😡

Kyle, showing your a$$ in public won't do anything to enhance public perception of Glissade. It likely won't hurt Jabot either. Stop letting your mommy and daddy provoke you.

Oops, Chelsea slipped up and admitted to feeling guilty. She played right into Billy's relentless hands. Gah, woman, pull yourself together!

Another random mention of Tucker. <sigh>

"Brownnosing" Claire. Lol So right and I try to like her but just can't stand her. I miss the snarky Tucker.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 6

A "Little bit of Claire goes a long way" ... paraphrasing what my mother used to say. I am sick to death of her. (Claire, not mom) 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 12
14 hours ago, MollyB said:

Can she go to court and take custody away from her niece?  I'd watch.

Me too - if only to watch Summer's head explode.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

A Brief Recap - A Little Claire Goes Way Too Far

Claire drops in on her mommy’s first day of work, dressed like my nieces when they were 10. You cannot begin to fathom how boring their episode-long conversation is. If Heather had been in the office, her presence would have livened things up. Victoria and Claire blatherskite on and on about the same old shit; Harrison, Kyle and Summer, Aunt Jordan, blah blah blah. JG ladles on some syrupy crap about riding a carousel, which he clearly thinks is very meaningful and touching. Touch grass, asshole, and mingle with society. People don’t talk like greeting cards. Anyway, Cole shows up with the munchies and the family heads to lunch.

Billy continues his interview of suspects Chelsea and Adam, wanted for performing lewd, explicit and disgusting acts on the public airwaves. The problem is that Billy is flailing around in the dark like he’s doing his own sexy times routine and has no idea what the charges are. Also, he’s not actually a detective. Chelsea looks like a feral animal cornered by animal control. Hopefully, when Sally totals up the number of times Adam straight up lies to her face and nobly threw himself on the cheating grenade for his ex, she’s allowed to slap him across the face with wet salmon for each one. Connor’s idiot parents head for the jet, with Adam insisting they double down on the deception. Dick.

Speaking of dicks, Kyle flops his out on a table at the athletic club. Jack points and laughs and smashes it into paste with a mallet. Audra waits for Kyle to pout it out so they can catch their plane to Paris. Kyle doesn’t learn though, so instead he screws his face up into its rabid weasel configuration, unzips his fly again and storms to his parents’ table for more inadequate penis show and tell. Jack and Diane just marvel at the tower of hair and entitlement. Kyle storms out past the giggling club diners to catch some of Audra’s disdain. Kyle smirks and daydreams about a new line of guyliner he’ll call “Privileged Asshole.”

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

NinjaP...your post has it all. It got my day off to the absolute best start...laughter.  And the thing is - everything that you referenced is so so true! I missed the first confrontation and only saw the last minute of the second one. But your description put me right there at the table with Jack and Diane.  Simply doing the best that they can. John Mellencamp - where are you when we need you? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Cole shows up with the munchies and the family heads to lunch.

Show is always sending these three to lunch, or dinner, or coffee and brownies when everyone can see that these eraserheads haven't eaten anything other than powdered air in years.  If Victoria, Cole and Claire turned sideways, they'd disappear.

PLEASE turn sideways.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Interesting how Cole was encouraging Claire to go back to college and stop being a nanny. Right move but for questionable reasons. Either way, Claire definitely wasn't on board

Why would she be?  It takes a couple of years to obtain a teaching certificate/masters degree, in an actual education program.  It includes student teaching, for at least a semester, in an actual school setting with real students.  (If the university she does go to counts her nannydom as student teaching experience you will hear screams fom me.)  Why would she want to give up 'her little buddy' and the run of the Abbot house/Kyle and the flashmob lunches with her new family for that?  Maybe grampire will buy her a university.

People don’t talk like greeting cards.

Hallmark!  That's what's been bothering me about the Newfound Family.  They act/talk like the channel that is always on in my doctor's waiting room.

20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What the hell was that?  Do they know each other that well (other than he knows what coffee she orders) that she would go to bat for him?  Nothing he has said so far has any evidence to back it up, other than he is suspicious of Chelz' demeanor.  She's gasping and nervous so therefore she is guilty of some reallllly nefarious crime?  Billy, she's like that all the time!  Also, cannot believe that the three actual sat down with this dork to 'discuss' un-exposed crimes.  Are we to believe Adam and Chelz are that guilty that they give Supersnoop a pass?

• Like 5
  • Love 4

OK--help me out please.

I was in the gym watching this shit without dialogue.  It seemed like Nick was in two places at the same time:  in the office with Victor and in the park with Sharon.  Was she having a flashback?  I didn't stick around for the second half because, well,  you know............... d

• Like 5
(edited)
21 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

OK--help me out please.

I was in the gym watching this shit without dialogue.  It seemed like Nick was in two places at the same time:  in the office with Victor and in the park with Sharon.  Was she having a flashback?  I didn't stick around for the second half because, well,  you know............... d

It was revealed that Sharon was daydreaming.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Thanks 1

So this time Adam didn't have to ask Nick's permission to use the Newman jet. He just let Victor know why he was taking it. Progress.

Lily's sparsely sparkled jacket. Fashion don't.

Again I wondered why a wealthy woman like Sharon does her own housework when she could easily pay a cleaning service to handle it once or twice a week.

What crossfires could Lily get caught in, Victor? Are you planning a hostile takeover of CI, against your pal Jill? Good luck with that.

I wish JG would explain to the audience why after all these years Sharon is now obsessing about Cassie's death. What has changed?

I kept hoping Lily would ask Billy if he was experiencing some paranoia about Chelsea or whatever. Perhaps paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is Billy's designated maladjustment in the current Y&R mental illness sweepstakes.

Okay, Devon finally questioned Victor's oddly extreme concern about Lily and CI. But it sounded like he's going to do Victor's bidding wrt Lily anyway. Ehh.

OMG, Victor. Get a hobby. This life-sized game of Monopoly you're starting with Billy will affect innocent people's careers and livelihoods. Kay wouldn't have wanted that.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Sharon was daydreaming?  How could anyone tell? She is always dreamy and speaks a kind of low-talking. Why hasn't her family taken her somewhere to get evaluated?  Everyday at least two of them meet and discuss their concerns.  The same conversations every single day. Maybe they need Phyllis to walk up to her, slap her and say "snap out of it" ... 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

I'm not sure who I supposed to be rooting for in any of these stories.  Billy vs Victor?  I don't want either of them to win.  Between Summer and Kyle, I'd have to take Kyle's side, but then he treats his dad like crap and I'm back to rooting for None of the Above.  At this point, I'm just waiting for Bobby Ewing to walk out of the shower.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2