Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

some unqualified dudebro is getting ten times your salary to read comic books and scratch himself before touching everyone’s food in the break room fridge because he smelled a banana.

Now, that's not quite fair.

Top Secret Eating GIF

Nick does his best work at business luncheons.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 14
13 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Did Vic say he bought a business "bigger" than Newman to a sour-faced, skeptical-looking Nikki

If I remember correctly, he said it was a company almost as big as Newman.

20 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Did Vic say he bought a business "bigger" than Newman

He said ‘almost as big’ and there’s not a chance in hell he was talking about Glissade. Although to my knowledge that’s the only company he’s bought recently 

• Like 2
(edited)

Er, remind me, please --  just what exactly does the Newman company do?  Make those "cakes" that go in urinals?  In which case, Glissade is a perfect fit with Newman cuz the name sounds like something to do with deodorizers or . . . pissing?

So wow, Vic, you're such a genius businessman!  You're gonna make Nikki head of Glissade -- and that's your recipe for success?  The still recovering alcoholic, whose only barely successful moment was being a stripper 45 years ago?  Well, it was kinda successful -- barely?  

And so what's the brilliant plan for Adam to "take down" Jabot & JackAbbott?  Put something out in Newman Media about Jabot being tired?  And just what is Newman Media?  Is it print?  Seeing that Vic is living in 1989, I assume so.  And the influence of print is now what?  Not much.  Unsurprisingly, there's never been any mention of online presence.

OK, so let's see.  A few hit pieces in some Newman Media print pubs -- and that's supposed to lead to a blow out in sales for Glissade?  Don't they first have to be a fully operating company with a clear set of products to sell?  Not seeing that. 

All we've heard about Pissade is it's a bunch of small companies patched together -- now run by a nepo-baby with only a few years of relevant experience & the ex-side-piece of the former owner, whose only other experience is being fired from every big company in GC & who's hated by everyone she ever worked with.  Good luck dealing with this mess, Nikki -- keep the booze close by, hun!

I've never heard anyone mention social media being part of Newman -- or how influencers on TikTok or YouTube or Instagram, have substantial effect on the cosmetics/beauty industry.  But that would be too much to expect from the writers who write like it's 1995.  It's all so vague & makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

He said ‘almost as big’ and there’s not a chance in hell he was talking about Glissade. Although to my knowledge that’s the only company he’s bought recently 

I think he was talking about Chancellor. Jill was mad at Billy because of the way he pushed for the demerger. For some reason I still don't understand, Jill and Victor are friends so I bet she sold it out from under Billy. What would surprise me is her doing that without giving Lily a heads-up since she's the CEO.

However, I don't know about Chancellor being almost as big as NE. It should be about the same size if not bigger but allegedly JG doesn't like that bit of Y&R history and doesn't want to write for it. I suspect EB doesn't want it either.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Scoobs - From what I can tell, Newman is strictly about "acquisitions, mergers, board meetings," etc.  They never talk about actually producing any goods. Not sure they have since Brash & Sassy! Same with Newman Media. They only talk about business in the most general sense - platforms podcasts, gaming, etc. Just as well, though, because when they delve into specifics, the shit they put out there is ridicule-worthy. Exhibit A: The videogame designed by crazy Chelsea and the "artist" Daniel whose purpose was to help kids with their mental health. (And the product was so successful Chelsea's kid has spent weeks in a mental hospital and the inspiration for Princess Luisa exudes single white female vibes.)

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

What the actual fuck is wrong with the wardrobe department on this show? Nobody but nobody is wearing leather pants in the Midwest in July-even if they have a body like Sally. Give me a break.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 9
29 minutes ago, Bunnyto4 said:

What the actual fuck is wrong with the wardrobe department on this show? Nobody but nobody is wearing leather pants in the Midwest in July-even if they have a body like Sally. Give me a break.

But she is a designer for a cutting-edge fashion house in Genoa City, WI. So it all makes perfect sense. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 12
(edited)

Ooof. Poor Lucy. I can't figure out how old she's supposed to be. When she appeared last year, Daniel definitely said she was 13, which was how old my son was at the time. But then this spring, I think she went to the prom? So I figured they aged her a couple of years. But now she's supposedly old enough that Daniel and Heather felt comfortable sending her to a party with college-age kids? She just seemed so eager and immature compared to Faith and her friend with their cool girl demeanor and style. 

Edited by tanyak
  • Like 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

But she is a designer for a cutting-edge fashion house in Genoa City, WI. So it all makes perfect sense. 🙄

Well there's cool, there's cool and cutting edge, and then there's 

giphy.gif

Cow cool and cutting edge.

Can't beat it and Marchetti's got it!

(Each dress comes with a complimentary wedge of Cheddar).

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
1 hour ago, Bunnyto4 said:

My guess is Sally has a constant yeast infection with the tight pants she is always wearing. Uch.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bunnyto4 said:

So much wrong on show today -- and the dialogue was so boring, it was easy to notice.  Even if Sally's pants were pleather . . . ugh, sticky, hot, yucky & a big no to wear those. 

Actually, Faith & her friend were dressed appropriately for summer, in their long flowy dresses.  I was noticing Sally's 4 inch needle heels & was wondering how she could walk on grass in a park without falling over & breaking those heels.

More wrong -- still baffled by Lucy's hair, with that teased up bump on top, looks like something my mom woulda worn in the '60's.  WTF???  And what the hell was she wearing?  Sorta tight longish shorts that looked awful.  Can we assume they're trying to make her look like a loon?

And wouldn't most parents be at least a teeny tiny bit concerned about their high school age daughter going to a party with college girls?  Oh no, not Heather & her hair & her botox or Daniel the Dickhead.  They're not concerned at all -- they're encouraging it.  OK, then.  No thoughts from those 2 idiots about what can happen at a pool party with college kids -- er, like maybe anything to do with drugs, booze & sex?  No, of course not.

And there's Phyllis working her new shtick as GC's resident yenta & buttinsky.  Sheesh, she's annoying the piss outta me.

So when Faith's friend said it was "extra", when Faith told Lucy to get lost -- what did that mean?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, surfgirl said:

My guess is Sally has a constant yeast infection with the tight pants she is always wearing. Uch.

I am so glad to hear you say that.  My mother used to say that when she saw a young woman with very tight short-shorts.  She would poke her best friend and say "she is going to get a yeast infection" ...and I, being about 9 or 10, had no idea what she was talking about.  Then I figured it out 😁

2 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

More wrong -- still baffled by Lucy's hair, with that teased up bump on top, looks like something my mom woulda worn in the '60's.  WTF???  

Yes! In the mid-60s I would "tease" my hair up into a spiral-type thing on the top; used a ton of hairspray; and to top (pun!) it all off...would add a small clip-on bow to really sell the look.

• LOL 12

It was still the same day in GC!!!???!!! 😱

Great, now we have to listen to Chelsea agonize to Adam about what she didn't confess to Billy. Seems to me they've already had this conversation 47 times "today."

Uh oh, sounds like Lucy's gonna crash the party Faith will be attending. Hope that's the only thing she crashes. Faith's not old enough to drink but can she legally drive yet?

Real talk from Nikki to Jack about Diane's realized ambitions wrt Jack and Jabot. Maybe Diane has been playing a long game and winning it.

Billy, what has changed is you are now getting Adam's leftovers. You don't even know, and Sally doesn't either.

OMG, Heather, shut up and just go back to Portugal! And take Lucy and Daniel with you. Don't listen to Phyllis. Please!!!!

Stop acting brand new, Jack. You know your bestie Nikki has no time for your wife. But that doesn't mean Nikki doesn't have reasonable insight on Diane's behavior.

Oh Daniel, have you met your mommy before? She meddles like she breathes and she will never stop. Especially when she's unemployed and has nothing else better to do.

Adam fell on his sword for Chelsea. Okay. Interesting how Billy immediately made a sympathetic comparison to his emotions after Delia's death. I guess Adam handled Billy's suspicions in an effective way.

But alas, gasping gasper Chelsea is about to gasp her way into spilling her gaspy guts as soon as possible because she just can't stand the guilt. Someone get her a glass of water, STAT.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So when Faith's friend said it was "extra", when Faith told Lucy to get lost -- what did that mean?

It usually means over-the-top or excessive.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It usually means over-the-top or excessive.

Thanks, Joi, I was clueless on what she meant by that, but given the friend's sneer, figured it was a snarky comment.  Faith's friend reminded me of BH 90210 '90's Brenda (RIP Shannen Doherty), who you know woulda had a quick & succinct put-down on Lucy's oddball hair & clothes, as well as her way too obvious desperate & clingy manner.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

writers who write like it's 1995

EXACTLY!!!!!

Dear Chelsea, if you're going to completely decompensate over the roll-in-the-hay you and Adam enjoyed, then you might want to consult a counselor - but never, ever, under any circumstances, even if hell freezes over and pigs fly, should that counselor be Dr. Sharon!!!!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

just what exactly does the Newman company do?

According to Fandom, Newman Enterprises is a company founded by Victor Newman, after he left Chancellor Industries. The corporation is a worldwide conglomerate with three main divisions, including Newman Cosmetics, a real estate division, and a venture capital division; but I would say that Newman Enterprises comes under the heading of a venture capital firm that invests in, or outright buys, already existing companies, rather than starting any themselves - someone else puts in the hard work of building a company, and as soon as it starts turning a profit, Newman Enterprises swoops in and takes over.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
18 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

Is it just me?

Sigh, no, surfgirl, it isn't just you.  It isn't just you who can no longer stand to watch the rehashing of the same tired old storylines from 30, or more, years ago with the same tired old characters.  Y&R began its run in 1972, and eight years later, in 1980, it went through a rejuvenation designed to salvage the show, a rejuvenation that brought in many of the characters and storylines that are still in use today - - ever get the feeling while you're watching the show that you can see the cobwebs hanging from it?

• Like 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, surfgirl said:

I am so fucking over the selfishness that Chels displays all the fucking time. It's always about her. Her guilt. Her feelings. Her stream of verbal diarrhea about her guilt and her feelings. She is an awful, horrible excuse of a human being and I'm over it.

Agree 10000%.  She's so awful in every way.  She's also ruined orange dreamsicles for me me forever by parading around in that clown orange number for the last few days.

Nikki may be partly right about Diane, a little bit right, or totally wrong but her telling truths to Jack about his relationship when she's let Victor steamroll over her for decades, and let him do the same to her children makes me wish he'd pie her in the face every time she opens her censorious mouth.  She's a lousy mother and a worse friend.  She doesn't live in a glass house, she lives in an entire glass city so STFU Nikki.  Order a vodka or 12 and just sit quietly repenting your sins.

I'm hoping that Adam decides to end Chelsea's problems permanently.  There has to be an empty hole in Chancellor Park with her name on it, there just has to be.

Edited by boes
  • Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Just came across an opinion piece in my local paper written by Rachel Leopold Robinson, who is an educational technology product manager and playwright, in which she describes discovering at age 31 that she had OCD, a diagnosis which explained a lot of the difficulties she had faced in life, and also described some of her relatives - with the use of Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) in combination with medication and under the guidance of a therapist who specializes in OCD, she has been able to come a long way in being able to manage her condition.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

A Brief Recap - Spot the Sociopath 

Could it be Adam, who firmly believes that it was okay to fuck his ex-wife because their son has OCD? Maybe it’s Chelsea, who heard Adam say (out loud!) that confessing would wreck their son’s life and somehow didn’t kick his nads into the next county?

Another strong candidate is Phyllis, who thinks quality mothering is shaming someone for leaving their jerk of a son. Even worse, Phyllis desperately wants Heather and Daniel to work out. Who wouldn’t want their kid saddled with a life partner possessing a personality that’s been declared clinically dead? Or maybe it’s the writer who thinks we should give a flying duck about the mundane problems of smug, selfish asshats like Heather and Daniel.

Is it possible that Lucy is a budding sociopath, raised by morons who would let their young daughter go to a college party where there’s a high probability of alcohol fueled hijinks? Again, we must cast side eye at the writer who seems like he might want to pull a reverse Cassie with Lucy as victim OR harm Faith to send Sharon into the ultimate spiral.

Nikki isn’t one to be counted out. Married to a monster, she actually fixed that sour puss to accuse Jack’s wife of shady shit. After Jack storms out of the restaurant, she chases after him to Jabot to apologetically double down on her anti-Diane shtick.

There are no wrong answers.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Someone get her a glass of water, STAT.

and a  muzzle

11 hours ago, surfgirl said:

am so fucking over the selfishness that Chels displays all the fucking time. It's always about her. Her guilt. Her feelings. Her stream of verbal diarrhea about her guilt and her feelings. She is an awful, horrible excuse of a human being and I'm over it. Over it. OVER IT. O.V.E.R. I.T.

Yesterday I was at the gym and the CC was broken and all I could see was Chelsea  crying   and crying and Nikki's  coffee klatch with Jack.  The woman's nose couldn't get any higher.  I could see up her nasal passages. But her suspicion about Diane {I think} planted the tiniest seed of wonder/doubt in Jack' mind..

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think they laid the reveal on pretty thick with other scenes throughout the episode but I was still somewhat surprised. Not sure I understand how it’s happening, or even why. But then, nothing Josh does ever makes sense. 🤷‍♀️

so Billy seems to buy Adam’s explanation and now wants to strangle him for upsetting poor widdle Chelsea again. At least Sally is (I hope) starting to put things together. I don’t want to see Adam and Sally break up because in spite of everything I still like them together. But geez, just tell the fucking truth and be done with it. ‘We were distraught, got drunk, and had mad monkey sex. We both regret it and hope you can find a way to forgive us.’ Or don’t tell them. But in that case, get over it yourselves! All this guilt and woe is me is not appealing to anyone. 

Are Shick getting back together? Is that where we’re headed? Someone needs to talk to Sharon’s doctor and maybe take her meds to the pharmacy to be sure it’s the correct dose and medication. Nick is right that it shouldn’t be taking this long to find the right combination. Even Sharon knows something is wrong with her so how can her doctor be ‘on top of it’ unless he’s gaslighting her for some reason? And I don’t want to see that again!

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Welp, as far as super-subtle hints we got before the big reveal . . . I saw maybe 2.  First, when Jill said ominously to Billy, at the C-W break-up meeting --  hope ya know what you started here, cuz you're gonna have to deal with the consequences (or something like that). 

And then there was Vic confronting Billy briefly & asking him about the C-W break-up.  Billy was puzzled how Vic knew about it or why he cared.  Then Vic called him on his arrogance & that's the last we saw of anything btw them.

OK, so Vic now owns Chancellor.  So where does that lead to?  The former stripper & crack biz-whiz -- oh, and still recovering alcoholic, is gonna lead a company "nearly as big as Newman" (as described by Vic).  Alrighty, then.  Recipe for huge success?

So great move, Billy.  You started this crap, idiot.  Now ya gotta answer ultimately to Vic.  Good luck with that.  And ya gotta deal with the drunk former stripper -- who's not only a stuck-up snoot, she's always a predictably unsteady mess.  

Ah, so we do have something enjoyable to look forward to -- Billy finding out Vic & Nikki are his new bosses AND Chelsea, that quivering crying mess, is certain to blurt out that she & Adam had sex (blech).  That'll be nice to see . . . Billy getting served up a shit platter.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Lily is a Swiftie. Okay, kinda random but I'll allow it. I'm gonna need Faith to be a member of the BeyHive though. 😉

Ditto comments upthread, Sally and Adam were having their 53rd conversation about his odd mood lately. On the same GC day, just in different locations. KMN.

Puhleeze, what exactly were Vikki and Nikki going to do if Victor didn't give into their demands to know what business chess moves he was up to? They had no high cards to play, at least not any Victor would pay attention to.

Wait, what? Adam and Chelsea got news that Connor was getting better, not worse. Adam straight up lied to Sally. He better make sure Chelsea backs up his false story.

I think Adam was doing too much double-talking to Sally. He basically confessed without coming right out and saying he cheated on her with Chelsea. He has to know Sally'll figure it out, especially if she's comparing notes with Billy.

Billy badmouthing Chance because as COO, Nephew won't look the other way if Uncle starts buying corporate yachts or something. Hush, William.

OMG, NIKKI! SELF-ENTITLED MUCH? Adam built Newman Media. You only got the benefit of his groundwork.

Whoa, Sharon had hellova an hallucination. She must really need her bipolar meds adjusted if she wants to get with Nick again. 😈

Yay, I called it! But yeah, if Nikki is still not recovered enough to run NM, how is she going to head up a whole international conglomerate? I have a hard time seeing this as something Kay Chancellor would've wanted.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Applause 8

Nikki  is recovered enough to run Newman Media....she is  also recovered enough to not use Newman Media to run Jabot [and her friend/sponsor/ ex-husband] into a deep dark hole. Therefore, she must be neutered/sidelined/molified by giving her an alternate make-work position at Chancellor.

TGVN is sure that Nikki will never be clever enough to figure this out. If perchance she does...." Well, this is for the good of FAMBLILY, yagotdat ?? "

Chelsea. Do not spoil the only couple I care about on Show.  Chelsea. You have been warned. @boes , I have Chancellor Park on my GPS. Bring an extra shovel....

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Despite Nikki's snooty/snotty attitude lately, with her nose so high up in the air, wouldn't even she get a clue what the deal is -- once the hit pieces on Jabot start happening in rapid fire by Newman Media?  Well, as long as she's sober, that is.

Still say Vic's JackAbbott-takedown scheme sounds dumb.

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yay, I called it! But yeah, if Nikki is still not recovered enough to run NM, how is she going to head up a whole international conglomerate? I have a hard time seeing this as something Kay Chancellor would've wanted.

Yes, you did call this.  You deserve a prize, but what?  A drinkie with Phyllis?  Maybe not?  That would be a booby prize . . .

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Now ya gotta answer ultimately to Vic.

Taking Chancellor away from Billy is all part of Victor's plan to hydrogen bomb the Abbott family out of existence - can't wait to see what he's got planned for Traci and his former wife, and mother of his youngest child, Ashley, although I'm certain he'll spare Harrison because his delusional granddaughter keeps insisting that Harrison is her son.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

OK, so Victor acquired Chancellor and is going to give his newest toy to Nikki to play with - business wise, wouldn't it make better sense to give Newman Media back to Nikki and give Chancellor to Nick and/or Adam?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

That would be a booby prize . . .

The term "tennis-ball-filled tubesock prize" is misspelled.

5 hours ago, Peppermint said:

Nikki  is recovered enough to run Newman Media....she is  also recovered enough to not use Newman Media to run Jabot [and her friend/sponsor/ ex-husband] into a deep dark hole. Therefore, she must be neutered/sidelined/molified by giving her an alternate make-work position at Chancellor.

Yep, and I think Kay would've seen right through that ploy and wouldn't have appreciated it. Nikki was her best friend.

Only in GC do men hand their wives/girlfriends major companies like giving them a bouquet of flowers. Seems to me, Victor and NE should be the laughing stock of the business world.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Js Nana..Oy vey...Newman Media is a bludgeon to kill, can I say , KILL, Jabot. Like, Twitt, X. TruthSocialLies,  all combined with other online and print media to discredit, disparage, and villify the Company and it's owners, shareholders, and officers. Nikki has no interest in this scheme. No purpose would be served by her being involved with Newman Media. 

Adam is a better weapon to use at NM ...but...do we see him as softening ...park walks with exes..."gotta be better for my kid"..."is dear ol' Dad using me for his own ends ??"

Will Adam go towards the Light..?? Or will Chelsea's Baltimore reveal and his loss of Sally turn him towards Victor's evil plots ??

And is Show repeating decades old plots with Daniel/Cassie/Faith/Lucy....We old fogies remember...and are NOT amused.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I can’t stand Victor but I am okay with him taking over Chancellor after Billy screwed it up.  
Victoria is a straight up bitch whenever she speaks to Adam. She answers to the same ancient man that he does. Her uppity drunk mom has done nothing to teach her children compassion. They all suck sitting there waiting for that 100 year old turd to dictate where they can work. At least Abby has the sense to do her own thing. 

• Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Victor said Nikki, Vikki, Nick, and Adam had earned their new positions in the NE C-suite. Pssht, IMO they ain't earned sh!t. They just happen to share a last name and/or DNA with Victor. Same as it ever was.

So Victor's back to smacking down Billy, corporate-wise. I thought he was focused on getting revenge on Jack. Wow, look at Vic multitasking.

Abby and Devon being cutesy about wearing socks in bed. No. Solid no on hot, sweaty feet.

Abby's dress seemed familiar to me. Has she worn it before? Whatever, she looked like she did not enjoy sitting in the line of verbal fire between her uncle and her baby daddy.

Oof, Lily went in on Devon. She basically told him he doesn't play well with others, including his sister. Where was the lie tho?

Victor swimming in steaming bovine excrement. He's honoring Katherine by snatching CI back? And doing Jill a favor she apparently hasn't asked for? Sure, Jan.

Tessa and Mariah's whole conversation rife with nautical metaphors went right by me. And then there were the stuffed sea animals. Is there a new Nemo or SpongeBob movie coming out or something?

Can't wait until Lily finds out Victor is making major decisions about her life, at least her professional one. She may decide working with Devon at H/W is a less aggravating choice.

If I'd been putting money down on who'd be having the next wedding, I would've bet on Claire & Kyle. Nope, longtime partners Abby & Devon win. It'll be funny if they have it at the Chancellor estate since that's where Abby married Chance.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 11
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Peppermint said:

No purpose would be served by her being involved with Newman Media. 

But what purpose would be served by having someone whose only qualification is that she's married to Victor Newman and is the mother of three of his five children heading a corporation that is almost the size of Newman Enterprises.

I honestly think that the only way to explain why the constant nepotistic shuffling, and reshuffling, of its executives has not sunk the Newman empire in a sea of mediocrity is because their wealth and power comes from having captured the world market on widgets; if you need a widget, you'll have to do business with the Newmans - either that, or the Newmans are a big deal in Genoa City, but small beans to the rest of the world.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Vic sure is mighty comfy expressing the Billy hate.  And the ONLY one pushing back on it was Vicky -- and her remarks seemed weak & lame.  And of course, she backed down quick, cuz that's what she always does eventually with Daddy Dearest.  Wow, Adam was loving the Billy hate.  Nick was weak & indifferent (as always). 

And Nikki looked dazed and confused.  Could she really be so dumb & clueless, not to figure out the Billy hate is only the beginning?  And heading fast & furious toward the whole Abbott clan.  Yup, she is that dumb & clueless & self-absorbed.

I'm a bit confused about what'll happen to Billy.  Is Vic gonna order him out -- and then hand off the company for Nikki to run?  So his only purpose for acquiring Chancellor was to get rid of Billy?  And the babble about Katherine's legacy was just babble?  What silliness.

And yeah, the nepotism going on here is beyond dopey.  No mention about ANYONE in the companies outside of the family.  OK then.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 1
  • Applause 10
(edited)
On 7/22/2024 at 4:21 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Uh oh, sounds like Lucy's gonna crash the party Faith will be attending. Hope that's the only thing she crashes. Faith's not old enough to drink but can she legally drive yet?

If she takes one of her parents' cars and dons platform heels that can get stuck under the brake pedal, she'll end up just like Cassie.

Now that Chance has gone corporate, I think Katherine would have wanted him to have Chancellor, not Victor and his nepobabies.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

A Moderate Recap - Newman Family Values

I just hate this family. Victor smugly annexes Chancellor (in his own mind) and offers Nikki the throne, which looks suspiciously like a half-filled chamber pot. Adam rocks down to dickhead avenue, kissing the mummified apple slice Victor calls an ass. The old narcissist repeatedly shit talks “Billy Boy”, but swears his efforts to depose him from Chancellor aren’t personal. Victoria makes a token protest on behalf of Katie and Johnny, while Adam savors the karmic justice. I could have sworn that was served when Adam pancaked Delia, but whatever. Nick solemnly ponders that the acquisition of Chancellor will make Newman an “empire” which will “strike back” and turn him into a Jedi capable of force choking his own chicken.

Oh hey, it’s Mariah and Tessa having more romantical times, the only times they ever get to have on screen. They flash back to Kyle’s discovery of tentacle porn and how he parlayed that into some pretty effective matchmaking. Mariah declares Nick an amazing friend to Sharon, then proceeds to hide her shame under a bold, distracting squid hat.

Abby and Devon reveal the secret to keeping that relationship spark alive, and it’s not what you think! *drumroll* It’s cheese! More specifically, it’s the earthy scent of feet marinated in sweat, heated for eight hours in fuzzy socks at stifling summer temperatures. Oh, and something about annoying dogs together. Speaking of annoying, Billy rolls into the restaurant with Lily in a cloud of awful golf puns and gets his buttbiscuits roasted by Devon.

Devon wants to speak to Lily alone and get her decision on who she’d rather work with - a freakish set of nose holes attached to swizzle sticks OR a man at the top of his game despite carrying a titanium rod betwixt his uptight butt cheeks. Lily chooses the twin turbo nasal nugget cannons, calling Devon a “lone wolf” based on how he played Monopoly as a teenager.

After the tension filled run-in, Lily confesses to Billy that she and Devon were plotting to leave his flat ass hanging in the breeze after Lily noped out on him. Billy takes it in stride, seeming to admire the duplicity. Meanwhile, Devon offers Abby a job at his company because gifting positions to family and lovers is what we’re doing now. Abby’s not feeling it, but does graciously accept the title of permanent co-CEO of Cheddarfoot Industries. It comes with a nice ring and lovely ceremony.

Nikki needs time to process Victor’s latest bullshit. Katherine wanting her one-time grandson kicked to the curb and humiliated isn’t ringing true for some reason. Victor is so, so pleased with how he’s arranged his little pawns on the board. His fucked up family still hasn’t learned that being slotted into their pre-ordained fates will still not be enough for Victor. They will all act brand new when old Scratch leaves Jack Abbott’s life a smoldering wreck. Watching this dynamic where a psychopathic patriarch controls and abuses his family all for the glorification of his supermassive ego is not my idea of pleasant afternoon viewing. 

• Fire 3
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Adam savors the karmic justice. I could have sworn that was served when Adam pancaked Delia,

Adam was way out of line for that crack but I guess he was trying extra hard to curry daddy's favor.

Meanwhile, I continue to believe that between having Colleen's heart in his chest, and his son having killed Delia, Victor should never have anything bad to say about any Abbott ever.

7 hours ago, Denize said:

If she takes one of her parents' cars and dons platform heels that can get stuck under the brake pedal, she'll end up just like Cassie.

Probably. Right now it seems to be a toss up who will end up dead this time, Cassie's relative or Daniel's. The possibility of the writers killing another one of Sharon's kids is almost unfathomable to me.

7 hours ago, Denize said:

Now that Chance has gone corporate, I think Katherine would have wanted him to have Chancellor, not Victor and his nepobabies.

Right? Chance is a biological Chancellor but the writers keep making Chance act like he's not interested in stepping onto the CI throne. Not long ago they even had Victor basically tell him to fcuk off. I would love to see a storyline where Chance and Devon unite to keep CI out of Victor's hands permanently. That'd be more like what Kay would've wanted.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Chance is just not corporate to me, and show needs to stop forcing every character into business. Can we get some cops and doctors all up in this thing? 

And speedo models.  They, too, are woefully underrepresented.  Chance should take a chance by expanding his resume and reducing his wardrobe.

Nix on the fuzzy socks, though.

ETA - We viewers are still owed justice for that fateful day when they had Kyle pose naked like a porno Precious Moments statue.  Oh, the humanity!

Edited by boes
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/25/2024 at 9:44 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

The possibility of the writers killing another one of Sharon's kids is almost unfathomable to me.

They probably won't unless Josh wants Y&R ratings to end up like GH's. Killing a Shick kid would piss too many people off, and it won't have the same impact that Cassie dying had. I don't want anything to happen to faith but at the same time I'm not all that attached to her. Especially since the recast. 

Another reason killing Faith off would be in poor taste is because it would look like room was made to have Victoria's perfect new daughter get even more screen time. Especially since she's mentally 10 and a virgin. She's not "tainted" like the other grandkids that have grown up. 

Lucy is Daniel's only kid and I think she has potential to be next gen reoccurring psychopath/villain of the show. Rather than just haphazardly killed off before she get's the chance to do some damage. But I'm assuming the person who writes OCD like it's schizophrenia and corny unbelievable, boring business storylines is capable of doing anything that makes sense.

Adam being throughly ruined to prop Victor(and Chelsea) once again is draining to watch. I can't even really be happy that he got the company he started back from the unqualified, shiesty assholes who kept it from him for so long.

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
On 7/24/2024 at 2:12 AM, Peppermint said:

And is Show repeating decades old plots with Daniel/Cassie/Faith/Lucy....We old fogies remember...and are NOT amused

This old fogie says Amen.  Did we need to be reminded of the Office Putting Green?  Do we need to skate down memory lane with Schick?  Does anyone want to see Viktor on yet another vendetta against Jack?

Old Fogies:  Resounding "Noooooo!"

I get that people have history, but we really need to move on.

On 7/23/2024 at 9:37 PM, Js Nana said:

wouldn't it make better sense to give Newman Media back to Nikki and give Chancellor to Nick and/or Adam?

There is no sense to any of the plan, so don't lose precious brain cells trying to figure it out.  If any of the children had some brain cells, they would seriously work on getting Viktor into a facility that could tend to his delusions.  (Maybe they should consider that Nate was right.)  Do any of them even know why Viktor is after Jack- I mean the original sin that Jack committed to get Viktor's ire up?

16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So Victor's back to smacking down Billy, corporate-wise. I thought he was focused on getting revenge on Jack.

I think he expects BillyBoy to go back to Jabot and screw something up there.  Kind of a two-fer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Bunnyto4 said:

Am I wrong or did I get a look at Claire's resting psycho face when Kyle and Summer were arguing?

Heh, Claire looked to me like she was struggling not to explode when Summer was being so patronizing toward her. This might be one time when I'd be okay with Claire succumbing to her most Jordan-esque impulses. Finish her, Claire! 😉

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Victor wearing a white shirt was a noteable change from his usual dark ones. New day in GC = new wardrobe choices for Vic.

Hey, it's Ashley.

Second thoughts, Abby? At this point you should've already had 3rd, 4th, and 5th thoughts with Devon. I mean, Dominic must be in preschool by now, no? 🤠

And we're back in Paris with Traci and Alan. Or Martin.

Lol, when Devon asked Victor for Abby's hand in marriage, I'm surprised Victor didn't say, "Abby who?" She's barely treated as a member of the Newman family.

Apparently Alan's never been in a long-distance relationship before. I thought he was lowkey acting kinda weird about Traci going back the US for a while.

But then Alan played Traci like a Parisian bistro piano. Of course he coyly wanted her to invite him to go with her to L.A. and GC. He's probably scared to let Traci escape from his clutches, lol.

Abby in another dress which felt familiar to me. Seemed like something Amanda would've worn back in her heyday.

Every party needs a pooper, Kyle. That's why Abby invited you to join her in celebrating her latest engagement. Oh wait, no she didn't! Gah, sort your sh!t out, Kyle.

Kyle, your lawyer is waste of time and whatever $$$ he's billing you hourly. You need to play the Tara card now. Go help her get paroled from prison and bring her to GC. As Harrison's actual mommy, she can shut Summer's smug mug up once and for all.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

Hmmmm....has Alan / Martin ever been in any relationship before ?? Maybe it was missed during my fits of FF, but I don't recall any mention of a former SO.

Not " my college sweetheart & I tried and we couldn't make it work "....not " It took many years before I could get over Jessica's death from ?????? "

Nothing wrong with finding love late in life...but I'm getting Mr. Rochester & Jane vibes here. Be careful Traci !!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5