Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 7/27/2023 at 8:29 AM, Aurora2 said:

“The next step is clear. You must solidify your relationship with Victoria. Take things to the next level.”

Well Victor can't live forever, and even before he breathes his last his faculties may be so diminished that Victoria has to take complete control of NE, so Nate would do well to play the long game.

5 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

But I have to agree about Sally's hair.  it always looks like it needs washing and the color is to stark for her.

It looks oily and like she poured a bottle of red ink over her head.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I almost feel like the writers are being cruel to him with his screaming at Adam and then boxing.

I wondered if that might not have been EB's way of showing that, when it comes to his cancer diagnosis, he ain't licked yet.

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
On 7/27/2023 at 11:47 AM, VanillaBeanne said:

Given that Courtney Hope was (and might still be) in a relationship with the actor playing Adam,

What happened to Sharon Case and Mark Grossman?

• Like 2
(edited)

"I run this family!!"  

I'm trying to imagine my father saying that and the room exploding in laughter, the loudest being from him.

So nobody, nobody at all at Show realizes exactly how much of a nutcase that statement makes Victor sound, with his scurrying mice of a family, all of them old enough to know the need for the occasional laxative by this time in their lives, running for safety?

People are hauled off to Happydale for less.  Victor, though, gets to don his favorite spandex and start punching things.    I felt for EB in that scene, which I assume was put in for him.  Things are tough for him right now.

ButtBiscuit is just excellent as an asshole, isn't he?  The man was born to be one and I can only applaud how he brings his version of Mr. Hankey from South Park to life.

Season 22 Christmas GIF by South Park

Howdy Ho, ButtBiscuit.

I love it when Abby makes sense.  Maybe because it's as rare as a full eclipse, but it's always an entertaining and almost unbelievable event.

It looks to me as if Tucker is heading for the same wood chipper that took down Ashland and that other guy.  Nobody gets to be the Big Bad and get away with it for too long if your name isn't Victor.

I can't see any reason why Adam would hire Phyllis to do anything.  While they mutually dislike each other, they've never had enough sustained contact or involvement for it to make sense, have they?  Or have I forgotten something?

He's never dumpster dived with her, has he?

I'm solidly in Jack and Diane's corner, romantically, but as for showing it, less is more, Show, less is more.  Schmoopiness is the silent killer.

Edited by boes
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

Jack and Diane, married now, in bed going at it - cut to commercials - cut to Jack and Diane, basking in the after glow, and Jack says

Jack: "You know what I want to do now?" 

Diane: "Stay like this, wrapped in each other's arms, all night long?"

Jack: "No, pee."

• Fire 3
  • LOL 12
(edited)
11 hours ago, boes said:

"I run this family!!"  

I'm trying to imagine my father saying that and the room exploding in laughter, the loudest being from him.

That has always been his problem. You don't run your family when they are in their 40s and 50s. Once they are over 21 they are supposed to run their own lives.

Occasionally I will say something like that in sarcasm and my family practically throes tomatoes at me while rolling on the floor laughing.  BTW, have we ever seen Victor have a sense of humor about himself? He would never survive in my house.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Thsnkd for te well wishes everyone!  I''m feeling fine.

Well, where to begin [i'm all caught up}?

First I thought Ashley looked fantastic in that white dress. Lotsa class. Diane's wedding dress was inappropriate for an afternoon wedding.  Sparkles?  No girl. But she looked fabulous in black confronting Ashley at the house.

Plot twist?  Billy comes around to Ashley's way of thinking and actually sabatoges Jack at Jabot?

Chelsea--STFU ad go to a hairdrsser.  Your current do is tdoing you no favors.

Megan Markle sure knows  how to throw shade so well,doesn't she? She throws shade so well so so well a blind  man could see it.  DummerSS#*8 is  no match for her, so don't  bother trying look like a damn fool.to compete.  And

Dumer stay the fuck away from Chancesome--you hear me girl?

The 'love scene"?  OMG if I had half as many candles in the bedroom he would jump out of bed and run for  a fire extinguisher

excuse any typos--spell check isn't working for some reason!

eta to add-I was really concerned about the boxing scene. EB is no condition for that in his condition--I saw the huge amount of  water bottles and wondered ift the producers had a  medic standing by..

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Thsnkd for te well wishes everyone!  I''m feeling fine.

sounds as if you're living up to your name.  Victor is sending over your very own Heavy Duty Punching bag so you can show everyone just how tough you are.  Stay healthy!

12 hours ago, boes said:

I can't see any reason why Adam would hire Phyllis to do anything.

I had the same thought when Daniel made her head of his IT.  If she's so damn good at it why doesn't she have her own company instead of running around GC in Desperate Houseninny mode?

1 hour ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Plot twist?  Billy comes around to Ashley's way of thinking and actually sabatoges Jack at Jabot?

And then Billy and Tucker go skipping off into the sunset while the Abbot's tear each other apart.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Cookie I’m very happy your feeling better. 

I’ve had a very mild heart attack 25 years ago even though my cholesterol level was never higher than 165. My cardiologist said that a contributing factor to my heart attack was stress and higher than normal blood pressure. For the next 20 years I took very good care of myself in managing my stress levels and obtaining a normal blood pressure. I’m also sure loosing a 75lbs and exercising help. Although I was diligent taking care of myself, after 20 years from my mild heart attack, a routine check up, by my cardiologist, revealed I needed triple bipass surgery. I never had any symptoms that anything was wrong.  The morrow of the story is how important it is to go to the doctor for regular check ups, blood tests,  and physicals to make sure you are ticking properly. 

I would like to leave you with words of wisdom from my mother. “When you chronically ill, you live longer”. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/26/2023 at 10:58 PM, Snaporaz said:

Interesting for B&B viewers to learn that Sally's sister Coco is back in Los Angeles.  I wonder if RJ knows.  Last we heard, she was at Forrester International.

I'd love it if they brought Coco back to B&B. And RJ needs something to do other than worry about his sister's marriage. I only watch B&B now. Y&R sucks way too much. I just get bored, sad and angry* about it when I watch, so that's no good. Giving Faith a pet for the sole reason to kill it was too much for me.

* angry that the show is so bad, not angry as though I was engaged in the storylines and was reacting to certain events

15 hours ago, boes said:

I seem to recall Phylthy coming on to Adam once or twice and him rejecting her vehemently. Probably back when MM was in the role.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

^^^<jinx; I didn't log on fast enough ☺️>

No, he hasn't, not even when Adam was portrayed by an actor who was noticebly older than the current one. Phyllis hasn't gotten with Tucker either. It's odd because  IMO her cooch has usually been her default weapon.

• Like 1
  • Wink 3
  • LOL 9

Jack: "No, pee."

Given their ages, I doubt Diane and Jack were using any kind of protection. So, going to pee after their intimate activity would be advised in order to head off a possible UTI.

Instead, I imagine the real issue was having a certain delivery made to the Abbott Mansion without setting the neighbors' tongues wagging:
xK4jEAp.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 15

Dumer stay the fuck away from Chancesome--you hear me girl?

Nah, I'm fine with it. Sharon having to compete with Phyllis Jr. for a man is hilarious to me. Only this time Sharon can't get pregnant to lure the guy back to her.

Whatever, I always say the person in the middle of a love triangle holds the power in the situation. If Chance wants to alternate between two women bouncing on his junk, I'm not gonna be mad at him. Both women have been around enough blocks to know better.

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, boes said:

It looks to me as if Tucker is heading for the same wood chipper that took down Ashland and that other guy.

Well I will DEFINITELY skip the show if Tucker disappears.  He is my sole reason for watching.  I love his little snide remarks.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

If we could refrain from discussing Jack’s post-coital urination habits, it would go a long way toward helping me sleep at night.

As for Summer and Chance, well, the problem is that Summer doesn’t deserve nice things. She barely deserved Kyle and he sure as hell isn’t a catch.

It was nice of show to find a nondescript, unfinished broom closet for Victor to box in. The minimalist backdrop really underscored the sadness of the whole exhibition.

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

If we could refrain from discussing Jack’s post-coital urination habits, it would go a long way toward helping me sleep at night.

I couldn't agree more, NinjaPenguins.

I had always thought that urinary comments mostly coincided with the holiday season on Y&R.  You know, that magical time of the year when Nick would deliver all his holiday greetings by writing "Merry Christmas" by peeing it out on snow-covered front lawns.  It's tradition, dammit.

I'm sure, more than sure, that Hallmark did several holiday movies with that as its centerpiece.  Cameron Mathison usually played the alpha pee-er.  He's the only other soap opera male actor that even comes close to matching the urinary charisma of Josh Morrow.  I do NOT say that lightly.

But, NinjaPenguins, like you, I would appreciate such things treated as sacred, and not made a mockery of even here.  

R E S P E C T, that's what peeing means to me.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Only this time Sharon can't get pregnant to lure the guy back to her.

But Summer can.  What a storyline that would be with Summer pregnant by her former Uncle-in-Law - not quite the yuck factor that being lured into bed for a revenge F by her mother's boyfriend had, but folks would find it questionable all the same.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

“When you chronically ill, you live longer”. 

I had a cousin who had quite manageable health issues, but who would regularly announce over a span of 30+ years that she was dying, until one day, she was.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
16 hours ago, MollyB said:

If she's so damn good at it why doesn't she have her own company

Can you imagine someone like Phyllis actually being able to do that - any company she started would crash and burn before her name could be painted on her office door.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Js Nana said:

had a cousin who had quite manageable health issues, but who would regularly announce over a span of 30+ years that she was dying, until one day, she was.

Someone I worked with was notified her aunt was dying so she called out. Came back the next day super pissed because she didn't die.  Yeah , she was a real sweetheart.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, boes said:

R E S P E C T, that's what peeing means to me.

You know what they say in Genoa City: Golden showers bring May flowers. 

51 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Someone I worked with was notified her aunt was dying so she called out. Came back the next day super pissed because she didn't die.  Yeah , she was a real sweetheart

Was her aunt Phyllis Summers tho?

Speaking of the town nutter, why is Tucker suddenly so squirrelly and impatient with Phyllis? Play the long game, dude. Stay cool. Pressuring Taz is like juggling live grenades.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

@One Tough Cookie I'm glad you're feeling better, and I hope you continue to do so!! 🫶❤️

I knew Kyle was a slow, dim pain in the ass but lying, and revising history is a big enough offense to me that puts him in Victor, Victoria, Nostrils, & Phyllis category. Leaving out the part where Adam willingly left Jabot out of exasperation reminds me of when ButtBiscuit had to save face like he won and was better, after Adam didn’t fall for his shit plan to trick him into libel. I kinda feel bad for Adura and Summer now.....Kyle really is his uncle's nephew. 

Victor's verbal abuse of his children or anyone is never easy to watch, but Hope was seriously a low blow that Adam shouldn't let slide. Also didn't Adam have a decent step-dad? Why is he rectonned out of existence to make Adam look like he was missing Victor his whole life? Considering he has plenty of reasons to resent Victor as an adult. One of which allowing his siblings to run roughshod over him and then shit on him for meeting them with the same energy. 

Adam has never had much use for Phyllis, and she doesn't hold him in high esteem either. I think GTs Phyllis and Adam once crashed Billy & Victoria's wedding/ceremony(or some shit). Which was kind of entertaining but that was a one off common goal thing. Adam wanting to hire a unpredictable narcissist like Phyllis is just to set up the next ridiculous plot after Phylty get's away with her crimes again or whatever the show has planned for Tucker.

Looks like both Adam & Tucker are gonna be the next causalities in "Let's redeem the irredeemable character" sweepstakes. As usual, I'm not looking forward to any of it. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 7/28/2023 at 3:20 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

Well I missed  three epis because I had a "mild" heart attack, and I'm home trying to get up to speed with my shows.  And from what I am reading here, I'll probably just skip this one because it just sounds like a bunch of white noise.  

But I have to agree about Sally's hair.  it always looks like it needs washing and the color is to stark for her.

Jack and Diane rushing off to get married? Has he lost his mind?

Dummer's possible hook up with Chance has already been floated out there?

OK--you convinced me.  I'll watch all three epis!

Take care of yourself! Hope you are on the mend.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I had a cousin who had quite manageable health issues, but who would regularly announce over a span of 30+ years that she was dying, until one day, she was.

The FDA was thinking about eliminating birth because birth ultimately leads to death. 

My father was chronically Ill for 15 years and after suffering his 6th heart attack died at age 82. His two brothers-in-law, who bragged they never had to go to the doctor, both died in their early 60’s. 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

My father was chronically Ill for 15 years and after suffering his 6th heart attack died at age 82. His two brothers-in-law, who bragged they never had to go to the doctor, both died in their early 60’s. 

My MIL's attidude was "why look for trouble".avoideddoctors and lived to be 89!

Producers; IN AL THAT IS HOLY PLEASE DON'T REHAB TUCKER! We love him just the way he is!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

Producers; IN AL THAT IS HOLY PLEASE DON'T REHAB TUCKER! We love him just the way he is!

yeah producers: and Jack could use some tragedy in his life. Widower? 

Tell me Tucker does not see through superdooper double agent Billy.

make Dummer the new Phyllis and let her go scorched earth on Vile. 

How many kids does the Tribble have IRL? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
15 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

I think Tucker is a true sleight-of-hand artist who's trying to get the proper read on Billy; if Billy's sincere, Tucker will scope that out and use him, if Billy's insincere, Tucker will scope that out and still use him, keeping Billy in a state of misdirection until he pulls the Jabot rabbit out of the Jabot hat.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
11 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Tucker still reminds me of a meerkat and I see him looking at Billy, meerkat-ly, as if he's not quite sure if the anger is real.  Billy did a pretty good job of being pissed off, and by not running over to Assley's side right away he comes off as a Jabot champion- not his bother or sister champion.  Assley's so happy that she "won" Billy over that I don't think she would suspect him, but Tucker may not be so easily convinced.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Hello! I haven’t been on here in a while and haven’t been watching for several months. Hope everyone is OK this summer.
I was very surprised when I finally did tune in today. What did Sharon do to her face? It almost looks like a puffy, steroid face, but I don’t think it is? Her face and her lips look very bloated and I’m guessing it’s from some sort of procedures? What a shame. I have been saying to myself for years how beautiful she has remained. I guess maybe with minor procedures. But to me, she looks so noticeably different I guess from not having watched for a while. But everyone else that I’ve seen so far looks really good.

Anyway, I found this article that might be interesting for some. I was wondering why our shows are still able to broadcast new episodes with the writer strike. This is a really good article that explains it quite well I think. And it’s just from today too so it’s very current.

https://www.cabletv.com/news/wga-strike-productions-and-cancellations

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Watching today's show and there's a lot of yada yada yada from Phyllis to Summer and Daniel and I realized that I can no longer stand the sound of that woman's voice, so I guess I'll be muting out the sound of her voice and relying on captioning for what she's saying from now on.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I also think Sharon’s face is puffy and her lower lip is ridiculous. It seems to me that she more and more is doing the “valley girl speak”. I think she memorizes her lines and then just spits them out when someone else stops speaking. 

• Like 8
  • Wink 1
2 hours ago, seasons said:

Anyway, I found this article that might be interesting for some. I was wondering why our shows are still able to broadcast new episodes with the writer strike. This is a really good article that explains it quite well I think. And it’s just from today too so it’s very current.

https://www.cabletv.com/news/wga-strike-productions-and-cancellations

Thanks for the info. It's already been discussed upthread why Y&R is still in production despite the writers and actors strikes. The only thing that's changed since then is GH has run out of pre-strike scripts and is allegedly now using writers who are effectively crossing the picket line. 

IMO, if we're going to continue talking about the strikes, there should be a separate thread set up for it. 

I watched the show live today and it really hit me how EP/Head Writer JG is steering the storylines to support whatever limitations are being imposed upon him behind the scenes. (Or maybe he's just a hack writer. 😩

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

If only Real Nick actually went hard on Phyllis the way Daydream Nick did. At least he'd be dressed like he didn't just roll out of bed.

Victor had to go get investors for Adustus? I thought he was running everything Newman-related, and he had all the money. Investors mean outsiders up in NE's internal affairs and Victor doesn't usually tolerate that.

Of course when Summer and Daniel weren't buying her "I've reformed" act, Phyllis turned on the fake tears. Of course.

Ehh, don't do it, Mariah. Sharon's job offer to join her new corporate conglomerate is a clusterfcuk waiting to happen. Plus you'll actually be working for Victor and he's a lot even on a good day.

Why did Phyllis need to get her kids' approval to accept Adam's job offer?

Geez, Mariah is talking herself into leaving Jabot. Had to laugh at Sharon offering to speak with Jack on her behalf. OMG, Sharon, Mariah isn't a child. She can handle her own grownup life.

Oh, okay, Phyllis wants Summer to run interference with Nick for her. Sigh, she won't stop manipulating her ADULT kids!

Adam and Nick are still arguing over calling the company Adustus. Seriously. Guess they can't see the forest for the trees full of rabid beasts whose names sound like Icktor and Icktoria.

Sigh, Adam, it's not about whether Sharon and Nick think you can change. AFAIC, the issue is whether you want or feel a need to proceed differently in the face of a father determined to keep you under his thumb.

I don't like how JG is using the characters' own tortuous dialogue to justify his plot-driven writing. Some of these current and impending plots are IMO relying on out-of-character behavior by many of the people involved. Some of them also contradict established show history. Is he going to retcon the entire 50 years of Y&R?

So what happened with Summer and Chance? The last time we saw them they looked like they were about to kiss, or at least hug a lot, lol.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Daniel: Challenge accepted! I can talk to an asshole for five minutes without wanting to suck a tailpipe. Hey, Summer!

Summer: What are you so happy about? Nerd.

Daniel: Life. Things are getting spicy with Lily and my dumbass video game is selling to rubes in South America. Plus, I wasn’t raised by Phyllis. 

Summer: I’m going to drown myself in this comically large glass.

@@@@@@@

Phyllis: Come on in, Nick.

Nick: Me Nick! Me rage! You ruin Summer and Kyle! Me no forgive!

Phyllis: Don’t try to send me on a guilt trip.

Nick: I’ll make you a deal. I’ll pay your legal bills. If you’re found innocent, you get the fuckity fuck out of town.

Phyllis: Wakes up. It was so real. He even crop dusted me.

@@@@@@@@

Mariah: How are you doing, Mom? You’re really smiling hard today.

Sharon: Have you ever seen Chance naked? I believe he was sculpted by the very hand of Zeus.

Tessa: Wut.

Sharon: I mean I’m fine. Moving forward, feeling strong.

Mariah: I just saw Faith. She’s determined to act like the kidnapping and you cutting a bitch doesn’t still bother her.

Sharon: Faith will be just fine. She’s a warrior. Both my daughters are. My son, however, is a morose mannequin.

Mariah: It’s all in the genes.

Sharon: I wish you could see what’s in Chance’s jeans. But I digress. How would you like to leave Jabot and come work for your mother?

@@@@@@@@@

Adam: So dad pulled the rug out from under us again. He’s taking charge of Adustus and putting us in time out.

Nick: Me Nick! You Adam. Adam make Nick rage. Adam try to pee on Newman Media. Dad say no! You ruin new toy. Bad Adam! Bad!

Adam: If you would just listen to my side of -

Nick: Nooooo! No listen! Me talk. You hear. Dad go to German for big money today. You dig?

Adam: I’m sorry. I didn’t study Neanderthal in college.

Nick: They didn’t teach you to be bisexual at Hah-vahd?

Adam: Bilingual.

Nick: Like that’s a word.

@@@@@@@@@

Phyllis: Caw caw!

Summer: Caw caw!

Daniel: Sigh.

Summer: Is it, like, weird being here after Diane fake killed you right over there? Or where you were a guest at your own memorial? Does Stark’s velour still linger on the palate?

Daniel: Remember how we all grieved and suffered? Good times, gooood times.

Phyllis: See, I’ve moved past that. It’s best not to dwell, not to dwell on my theatrics when I was in a dark place. Shit happens. Maybe you all could lighten up and let it go the way I have.

Daniel: Wow.

Phyllis: I can’t change the past. If I could, I’d have hit the accelerator a little harder. Alas. I can only move, only move forward. I once thought the Grand Phoenix was my greatest comeback. Comeback. I rose from the ashes, flapped my pterodactyl wings and soared. Soared, I tell you.

Daniel: Jesus Christ.

Phyllis: Yes, I’d say my comeback is on that level. Truly the greatest part of my return is building a future, a future with my beautiful hatchlings. Caw caw.

@@@@@@@@

Mariah: What would I even do at your company?

Sharon: Marketing director? Vice president of marketing? Pick a title. I’ll make it happen. Nick has already claimed “Swamp Ass Monitor”, which is seriously a good fit for him.

Mariah: I don’t know what to say.

Tessa: What if we were to repeat the pros and cons of accepting Sharon’s job until your mind goes numb?

Mariah: You really get me.

@@@@@@@@

Nick: It’s a test, bro. Dad is testing us. You’ve put us into an impossible position with your Newman Media hijinks. I once failed to solve Dad’s riddle: which is your ass and which is the hole in the ground? He took my car away for a week.

Adam: That sounds like our father. How do you not realize your butt is the one attached to you?

Nick: I was only 16, smart guy. I wasn’t worldly like the rest of my family. Man, Dad’s really got us by the short and curlies. He went to Germany to secure cash? Hell no. Victor Newman can make an ATM cough up a million bucks by just glaring at it.

Adam: So he’s laid down the law and is watching our reaction from afar. I’m actually impressed you figured this one out.

Nick: If we do nothing, I’ll probably sit in my office and have relations with an empty Pringles can. Dad will be disappointed. We won’t accomplish anything. If we make a move, we’ll look disobedient. I don’t want the old man cancelling my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate again.

Adam: You know we’re adults, right? 

@@@@@@@@@@@

Daniel: Summer and… someone are just happy you’re not dead.

Phyllis: As part of my efforts to wear figurative horse blinders and plow through life unaffected by the carnage I leave on all sides of me, I’m moving ahead with an exciting new employment opportunity.

Daniel: Dumpster management?

Summer: Velour casket lining factory?

Phyllis: Adam offered me a job.

Daniel: I’ll pretend that working for Adam will somehow make your reputation worse, more so than framing a woman for murder or killing a man and dumping his body.

Summer: If you want to polish your reputation, maybe work for someone less shady?

Phyllis: You don’t even know what my position is. Plus I have legal bills. Michael was going to give me a freebie, but I bet Heather wants to get paid. The opportunity to represent me should be its own reward.

Daniel: I can give you money. Turns out some markets aren’t very discerning about how fun their video games are.

Summer: I have plenty of extra dough now that I’m not buying Big Ass Hair mousse for Kyle. *sob*

Phyllis: Thanks, but I don’t take handouts from my children. I’ll steal a trust fund if necessary, but no charity.

Summer: I can find you something at Marchetti! Yay! It was a real blast last time.

Phyllis: I don’t think the Abbotts would be comfortable, all that comfortable with that idea. I also can’t be tactful about the visual shit buffet your new creative director will be serving up. Daniel, do you have any jobs to offer me?

Daniel: No?

Phyllis: Adam offered me the IT position because he recognizes my mad skillz.

Daniel: I heard that he had a self-destructive streak, but this is next level.

Phyllis: Wait until you hear about his partners.

@@@@@@@@

Mariah: I really hate to leave Jack in a lurch. I totally respect him. Of course, it was Kyle who hired me and he’s no longer there.

Sharon: I can talk to Jack. He sends me a weekly thank you card for rigging Summer’s paternity test.

Tessa: Is anyone at Jabot thinking about you with all the mess going on?

Mariah: It’s kind of weird there. Diane just got a big job, Ashley is engaged to Tucker and they want to pull off a coup, Billy inhaled an entire perfume line… I don’t know what the fuck is going on there.

Sharon: That sounds… challenging. I’m sure it will be nice and calm at my company with my two ex-husbands who happen to be brothers who also happen to loathe each other.

Tessa: It does sound like an exciting opportunity. No pressure.

Sharon: Right. No pressure. It’s just that my company needs someone who will hit the ground running, think outside the box and challenge the current paradigm. Someone driven, dynamic and creative. Why do I sound like a soulless middle manager?

Mariah: I’ll think about it. I promise.

@@@@@@@@@

Adam: Well, if this is a test, let’s choose the lesser of two evils. We’ll take action. If we just sit around waiting for Dad to finish communing with the vampires of Deutschland, the company will be too far behind to save.

Nick: Doucheland? LOL! Is that where you were born?

Adam: Yeah, well, you were conceived when Victor farted on Nikki.

Nick: You turd tongued fuck fish.

Adam: What’s with that goddamned hair, guy? It’s like an oil tanker wrecked itself on a pile of elephant dung.

Nick: Back to business, buttmunch. We need to make a splash. Launch something amazing. Really get people talking and put our competitors on notice.

Adam: I didn’t hear a single actual idea in there.

Nick: Here’s one. Adustus is straight cheeks as a company name. It’s time to change it.

@@@@@@@@@

Daniel: Okay, let’s focus on the future. You’ve got this new job with Adam. What happens when you’re serving time at a maximum security prison?

Phyllis: If it comes to that, I suppose I’ll have to sit in my cell, telling my cellmate what it was like, what it was really like to be on top. Then I’ll have to shank someone in the yard to establish my dominance.

Summer: Don’t be silly, Mom. Carson Stache’s statement to the cops is your ticket to freedom. His testimony in court will seal the deal.

Phyllis: Maybe. Maybe.

Daniel: I read a study that jurors find large mustaches comforting and a sign of reliability. Plus that dude has done a lot of porno. I used to be hooked on the stuff. Carson’s best work is definitely Cheese and Crack(er)s, which critics call the definitive work of midwestern dairy erotica.

Phyllis: What if he doesn’t show? What if he runs away to join a porn circus? A porn circus. It could happen.

Summer: Mom, try not to worry so much. Everything will turn out great! Supergirl is here to save the day!

Phyllis: Thanks for being so positive. I wish I could be more like your fathers. Danny is such a good man, for a big dumb sucker. And Nick, Nick is… he’s a carbon based life form.

Daniel: I think you can be more like Nick. Just occasionally belch in a stranger’s face and tell them to guess what you had for lunch.

Phyllis: He’s really pissed about me ruining your marriage, Summer. Really pissed.

Summer: He’s been perfectly nice to me. It won’t be long before you and Dad are friends again. How can two people who created the magic that is me stay mad at each other?

Phyllis: I gotta make a call.

@@@@@@@@@

Sharon: Let me know when you make a decision. I have a meeting to attend and possibly referee.

Tessa: Did you hear that stuff about Chance? I think your mum has been frisked.

Mariah: That’s my mom, for god’s sake.

Tessa: She just offered you an amazing opportunity. Of course, Jabot is a big deal  in the cosmetics industry and will still be around when Aria is headed for college.

Mariah: Mom’s company is new and unproven and two shitty businesses smooshed together.

Tessa: On the other hand, your best friend hired you at Jabot and is no longer there. It’s not as much fun, right?

Mariah: Yeah. We used to sit in the cafeteria and talk mad smack about Summer and his Uncle Billy. Summer’s “O” face is just her normal face but with extra duck lip. Billy buys all his suits wholesale at Undertaker’s Warehouse.

Tessa: I’m sure there will be amazing gossip at Sharon’s company.

Mariah: It’s amazing Adam and Nick haven’t killed each other yet. I guess Nick is okay, but Adam’s kind of a weirdo. Nick’s like a really dumb dog who licks himself in front of company.

Tessa: It’s exciting to be a part of building something. And your face lights up when you talk about working with family.

Mariah: It would be delightful not to have to send out press releases praising Chelsea’s “talent.” I’m pretty sure that lunatic believes she’s Rey’s widow and not my mother.

Tessa: She gloms onto other people’s kids too. What a train wreck.

Mariah: Good talk.

@@@@@@@@@@

Adam: What the fuck is wrong with Adustus? Sharon likes it.

Nick: She’s just being polite. Fortunately I don’t have that failing. Adustus is Latin for “to burn.” I can use Google Translate too, bitch.

Adam: Okay, asshole. What should we name our little venture? Shardamick? Adickon? Two Normal People and a Chickenfucker?

Nick: Your hostility wounds me. Adustus came from an angry, vengeful place and so do those smart ass names. Look, I get how being left out of the inner circle sucks the big one. You don’t know what the hell is going on. You don’t get invited to Christmas parties at the raunch because you walked around with jingle bells on your jingle balls. You just have to learn to let it go.

Adam: Meh.

Nick: If we do a good job, we could finally get Dad’s approval. Wouldn’t that be neat?

Adam: I have my doubts.

Sharon: Hello, gentlemen. What is with all the comically large glasses in Genoa City?

Nick: No better way to pound Yoohoos.

Adam: Nick has convinced me to change the new company’s name.

Sharon: Oh thank god.

Adam: You guys know me. You know how I operate. Do you really think I can change enough to make this a success?

Sharon: You’re pretty attached to playing the tortured soul. You wear rejection like a pair of ill fitting boxers that get wedged in your ass. You’d live much more comfortably if you pulled the fabric out.

Nick: I guess you’re a human. Victoria had me pretty convinced that you were an alien from a planet named Kansas. Haha. Like there’s a place called Kansas in this solar system.

Adam: Well, I’ll try this turning over a new leaf thing. To hell with Victoria and Newman Media. I’m adopting a positive attitude from here on out. Um, I did do something kind of brash on my own. I, uh, offered Phyllis a job as our IT guru.

Sharon: Fuckity what now?

Nick: Me Nick! Nick big mad! Phyllis poop on Summer’s marriage. Nick poop on you!

Adam’s phone rings.

Adam: Well speak of the devil’s concubine. Hello, Phyllis.

Phyllis: Hi. Hi. I want to take the job, the job you offered. But I need your help with something. Because I’m in a position to make demands.

@@@@@@@@

Summer: Mom seems weirdly worried about this Carson guy.

Daniel: Yeah. She’s not telling us something. I mean, I don’t think Heather would knowingly suborn perjury, so Carson might be legit.

Summer: What if he lures Mom into the seedy underworld of porn? We can’t lose her again!

Daniel: …

• Like 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8

Poor poor Summer❄️x7. Having a glass of wine all alone at the bar waiting for the wambulance.  

I guess there is no heat wave in GC. Sharon looks like she is wearing leather pants.  Is there a light weight leather for summer wear?

Tessa Tessa Tessa 🥰😍. I have to admit, I’m in love with beautiful beautiful Tessa.  

Of course Banana Breath jumps down Adam’s throat. Of course Victor is not known to change his mind at the drop of a hat because he has to protect his company but especially his precious daughter. 

Taz🌪️’s rising from the ashes Caw Caw is getting a little stogie don’t you think. In addition to her saying she has changed. Taz🌪️ revels in chaos and is like an addict looking for their next fix.  Taz🌪️ is the master of half truths. Taz🌪️ is the master of being contrite when she actually isn’t.  Taz🌪️, if you didn’t break the law, then Christine would not be able to put you behind bars for the rest of your life. Christine is only the prosecutor. It’s the jury that convicts and the judge that sentences you to be behind bars.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Daniel: I read a study that jurors find large mustaches comforting and a sign of reliability. Plus that dude has done a lot of porno. I used to be hooked on the stuff. Carson’s best work is definitely Cheese and Crack(er)s, which critics call the definitive work of midwestern dairy erotica.

Phyllis: What if he doesn’t show? What if he runs away to join a porn circus? A porn circus. It could happen.

NinjaPenguins, you start the week off by referring to the best darn porn film ever made, one damned and derided by the lactose intolerant.  Because of you, the world will be made just a little lighter and brighter by calling attention to Cheese and Crack(er)s.  Not many know this, but Josh Morrow got his start in the followup double feature, Was it Gouda for You, Too? and Extra Sharp Monterey JACK.

And there's always a chance Carson could run away and join the circus at Bare-a-B00-ty....

You done killed me ****DEAD**** again!

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
12 hours ago, seasons said:

What did Sharon do to her face? It almost looks like a puffy, steroid face

Well, SC and MG were an item, but rumor has it that MG is now involved with CH, so maybe SC's face was all puffy because she'd been crying off-camera over having to play a scene with MG - after all, isn't that what soap operas are all about?

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is he going to retcon the entire 50 years of Y&R?

Maybe not the entire 50 years, but maybe just the past 45 . . . 

Picture this: Brad Elliot leaves GC in 1978 after Leslie (Brooks Elliot) Prentiss rejects him, only to have a rogue meteorite fall on his head when he gets to the outskirts of Chicago, leaving him in a coma which he awakens from in 2023, and all the Y&R events of the past 45 years turn out to have been dreams he's had while he was comatose - - Don't look at me like that, it could happen!

• LOL 5

Nick: If we do nothing, I’ll probably sit in my office and have relations with an empty Pringles can.

Is he going to beat the can like a drum? If not, I imagine said relations would be pretty much like him tossing a single Vienna sausage down a long hallway. 😼

Sharon: I can talk to Jack. He sends me a weekly thank you card for rigging Summer’s paternity test.

Had to think about this for a minute because Sharon altered the test results in Jack's favor. By hacking into MS-Word. Or was it WordPerfect? 🙄

Adam: Okay, asshole. What should we name our little venture? Shardamick? Adickon? Two Normal People and a Chickenfucker?

Hey, don't give the show any free ideas. Make them pay you, lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
33 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Maybe not the entire 50 years, but maybe just the past 45 . . . 

Picture this: Brad Elliot leaves GC in 1978 after Leslie (Brooks Elliot) Prentiss rejects him, only to have a rogue meteorite fall on his head when he gets to the outskirts of Chicago, leaving him in a coma which he awakens from in 2023, and all the Y&R events of the past 45 years turn out to have been dreams he's had while he was comatose - - Don't look at me like that, it could happen!

No.  Nope.  Nada.  

I refuse to picture that.  I'd rather have that meteorite hit my head than have that stuck in my head.

Save Les As De La Jungle GIF by tatprod

Besides, Nick would be there to save the day.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6