Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I also want to know where the Newman’s are. How is everyone’s doing coming off the poison? Will Cole stick around for the holidays? Will Victor be forgiven for faking dementia? 
I’m liking this Tucker stuff less by the day. Why wouldn’t Kyle tell Jack what he’s doing? Tell me Audra’s not going to be banging Tucker, Kyle and Nate.

Sharon’s got more filler than a two hour episode of Dateline.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I had the good fortune to do a little ship watching as well, as a twin behemoth booger barge was docked next to the coffee stirrers. The captain, a dissipated, donkey faced lout, attempted to engage me in a battle of wits despite being armed with a rhetorical rapier honed to the lethal sharpness of a bowling ball.

****DEAD**** again, NinjaPenguins!  Your entire post, but this description of Herr Von Nostrildumbass ButtBiscuit Billy Abbott will live forever in the annals of character descriptions.

So very, very WELL DONE!!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8

Sure, Devon was a man of integrity when he slept with his father's girlfriend; when he slept with his cousin's girlfriend; and, when he slept with Abby while she was still married to Chance. GMAFB. Devon's peen doesn't seem to have a moral code.

Hmm, are we to assume Nate spent the night in Audra's room? It looked like a wrestling match had gone on in those bed linens.

Tucker, I wanna be in your corner but ease up with the manspreading. No one but Ashley wants a clear and direct view of your crotchular area.

Holey hail, Billy. You're climbing up Kyle's a$$ for being late to work? Executive-level staff usually don't punch a time clock, especially in their own home. I have to hand it to Billy; his skills as the Abbott family instigator are unparalleled.

Chance, don't kid yourself. Your getting shot was the universe's way of opening up more time for you to work on your gorgeous hair. 😻

Meanwhile, Audra, sorry to inform you but cats don't always land on their feet. Sometimes they're not high enough from the ground to make the physics work. Be careful.

Oy, I hope Audra didn't just get with Nate if today she was about to hop on Tucker's joystick. That'd be like some unpaid overtime for her lady parts. 😱

Apparently Tucker took a shower after he and Audra boinked because Ashley didn't appear to a have caught a whiff of eau de sex wafting from him. Hey, Ashley, you asked Tucker what changed in his attitude. The answer you were looking for is "got his d!ck wet."

Yeah, Devon, Abby can go head-to-head with Tucker. She can also go two tons of automotive steel and rubber on his body, lol. Wonder if Devon knows Abby tried to run over his daddy back in the day?

If Kay was whispering in Chance's ear I bet she'd be telling him to leave Sharon and go after the one closer to his own age. I loved the "I will kill you" look on Sharon's face when Summer dared to act chummy with Chance right in front of her.

Shut up, Chelsea. Harrison is not Summer's son. Free Tara!

Heh, guess Sharon better not meet Summer in any dark alleys. Summer stared over at Sharon like, "I know how to handle you. My mommy taught me before I was even born."

Re the previews: Cole wants DNA tests. Yay! Let the test results shenanigans begin!

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I'm thunderstruck, trying to understand why we have been so blessed as to have had TWO days of wisdom-dispensing Cardsharp Billy Nostrildumbass Abbott, the guy who puts the ante in anteater, the high bidder in the game of life, the Ace of Spades who pulls the empty suit with the short deck, that Captain of Hearts who not only floats my boat but the ButtBiscuit gambler of the great Riverboat Jaboat.  

Seeing him spar with Kyle is like seeing an asshat wrassle a box of hair.  It must be mating season, considering the way ButtBiscuit's shiny apple cheeks were expanding and Kyle's bouffant was in full flower.   We had it all except for those two bonobos tossing poop in the Abbott living room.

Now that's what I call GUD RYTENG!!

Tucker didn't help today's show any, either.  All of his whining on top of the Gambler and the Laddy scenes were too much.  Topping it all off with the "Devon is a good man" chorus was the last straw.  I think the silver briefcase of Justice would heartily disagree.

Show could have turned all thar around, and more by having Chance turn in his Sherriff's badge in nothing but a GCPD issued speedo, but nooooooooo, we had a Chelsea sighting instead.

Show had all the excitement today of winning a gift certificate to Jiffy Lube.  (Though, to be fair, I think that's where ButtBiscuit goes for his skin care).

I think it's safe to say that nothing that happened today is what Katherine or Neil would have wanted.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 10
On 11/29/2023 at 5:16 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Back to the storyline so far, Jordan said she stole newborn Claire/Eve and replaced her with another couple's dying baby. Ditto comments upthread, I still can't stop wondering: wouldn't those parents or the hospital have wondered where that baby disappeared to?

Maybe Nurse Jordan told them, 'A dingo ate yer baby'...(TM Elaine Benis)

6 hours ago, boes said:

"Seeing him spar with Kyle is like seeing an asshat wrassle a box of hair.  It must be mating season, considering the way ButtBiscuit's shiny apple cheeks were expanding and Kyle's bouffant was in full flower.   We had it all except for those two bonobos tossing poop in the Abbott living room."

OMG, nearly spewed hot coffee out my nose!

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

It seems like Tucker has become a popular character with viewers. Cannot have anyone competing with Victor. So now his dark side is coming out - he is not fun anymore. And getting less interesting. 😢

• Like 10
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 3

Back a few, the family pictures posted. Poster said take it as you will:

I thought Abby was portrayed as the buffer between Devon/Lily and Mamie/Nate by being placed between them on the couch. And she is always dressed up, white, pastels, rarely dark colors so it looked like her standard outfit. 

I need to fine tune my mind skills. I have been asking in my head for a Barbara Ryan Originals fashion boutique type set to be added for Fenmore’s and up shows Barbara Ryan on my feed saying coming to YR. Never have I been so happy and then so bummed. I wanted CZ to stick around.

I love Sharon with Chance. I love Summer going after Chance. They all three have chemistry with each other so this works for me. But I really want SharonChance to be the endgame. 

I still have to work out how I am not annoyed by the actor who plays Nate anymore. I am going to make some Jesse Kelly World Famous Queso Dip tmrw after I get back from dumping 80% of my family at RDU airport for them to head to Texas and spend the rest of the week alone catching up on the couch. Note to self, don’t start Fargo until caught up with YR.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I thought Abby was portrayed as the buffer between Devon/Lily and Mamie/Nate by being placed between them on the couch. And she is always dressed up, white, pastels, rarely dark colors so it looked like her standard outfit. 

Mileage varies. It took me less than a minute to jump over to Worn on TV and find five outfits of Abby's that were not white or pastel. Whatever, I'm choosing to stand by my initial interpretation of that photo's iffy subtext.

Re the avatar: I'm prepared to argue about the statement it's making too but this isn't the time or place.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Ha, I have a zillion avatars mocking the Harry and Meghan that I shuffle around here and it has nothing to do with race, but with the ridiculousness of them. I hope that isn’t an issue between us going forward as I thoroughly enjoy you and your posts. 

eta I stand by my pastel comment. She has 38 pastel outfits on the first two pages of WOTV.

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 1

Ha, I have a zillion avatars mocking the Harry and Meghan that I shuffle around here and it has nothing to do with race, but with the ridiculousness of them. I hope that isn’t an issue between us going forward as I thoroughly enjoy you and your posts.

That's not the only one I've noticed. It's the first one I chose to say I noticed.

On Abby, I don't particularly care if she wears white or pastels every single day. Someone staged that photo with her sitting on couch in someone else's home, in between four Black people who were all dressed in dark colors. Additionally, Daniel looked like he was Photoshopped in afterward, as if someone later realized how that photo could be misinterpreted if Abby were the only non-Black person in the room.

In real life with real people, I absolutely doubt a mainstream publication would've printed a photo staged that way because they'd know they'd get called on it. If there was a background explanation they would've included it an accompanying article or blurb. Meanwhile, Y&R has never indicated Abby was playing peacemaker in that moment or why she would've taken it upon herself to do so.

It's interesting though that just this week, they had Abby trying to explain to Devon why she thinks he should reconcile with Tucker. She's mainly worried if Tucker succeeds in taking C/W he'll make a successful grab at Jabot too. Her having issues with Tucker makes sense IMO, because history. (She also acknowledges the possible effect on her son if his father is estranged from his grandfather.)

However, Abby barely knows Mamie, compared to Ashley, Traci and Jack who grew up with her. Nate is Abby's former lover but so far the show seems to have forgotten that. I think Abby positioning herself as the DMZ of the Winters family needs some work if that's the way the audience is supposed to see her.

• Like 5

I can appreciate how you feel about the photo. To me it’s not that deep as far as the racial aspect and in my original comment I wasn’t responding as if I thought the “make of it what you will” comment was racial. I thought it was about Abby being there yes, but as in why was she not with the Abbotts (is there a Newman pic?). My thought was they were moving her into the Winters family and starting to have Abbott/Newman/Winters as a core block for the show. Maybe the start of getting the Winters off that island ( from the way back TWOP time). 

• Like 6

Prick of the morning to you too Nostrils.  Kyle, let me piss in your cup of coffee and we can start the day.  Nostrils is the last person to call Kyle out on being late to work. 

Chance is such a great guy that he’s willing to give up what he really likes to do for a mundane life just to please everyone else.  It’s hard to tell if Sharon is happy or said, her face remains unmoved. 

Abby has become such a bad ass. Is she channeling her iner Newman pedigree to deal with Tucker. What does giving Abby a seat on the board of CW have to do with the price of tea in china?  What would that accomplish?  

Chloe is talented and smart 🤢🤢🤮?  That’s like saying Chelsea is a good designer on anything but schmattas.  Chelsea, Harrison is not Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️’s son. I still hope for the day Tara swoops in and takes Harrison away from those two dolts.  Chelsea you definitely know how that would work out if Chance was available. Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ would jump his bones but not as fast as you would have jumped Rey’s bones given half the chance. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 7

Colleen Zenk or Jordan did an interview with a guy on youtube who talks to soap people past and present. She talked about the scene with Nick. She was trying to run in high-heeled boots. The head of CBS daytime programming grew up watching her on As the World Turns. She said Eric Braden said it was so nice to work with a pro. So kind of Sir Eric. lol

• Like 8
  • Useful 5

Dear Buttbiscuit;

My girlfriend and her mother have lost their damn minds over my biological father. I mean, the guy is a liar, a prick and a habitual turtleneck wearer. I don’t deny any of that. The problem is that they want me to mend fences with dear old dad or at least fake it until he spills the tea on whatever vengeance he has planned for their family. I want nothing to do with the guy. My girlfriend is talking some serious smack about fighting him head on to protect our respective family companies and our kid. I don’t think she gives a pinched loaf about my company and is exaggerating the threat my father poses to my business in order to recruit me to her plan. The last time she faced my dad head on, he was blinded by high beams and bounced off the windshield of her Mini Cooper like a briskly spiked volleyball. Things have gotten a little tense, and I’ve had to postpone sharing my pink pants chat with her. I don’t even know what Neil would want here.

Signed;

No Time for Turtlenecks

Dear Turtle;

Bravo, sir, for sticking to your lofty principles. I, too, believe that the high road is the most honorable path to travel, with occasional shortcuts through shagging your relative’s significant other. Don’t allow your fractured relationship with your father to be weaponized. Not everyone can fake it until they make it. I’m sure all will be revealed soon enough through the overweening, stumblebum efforts of another family’s idiot failson. Sit back and enjoy the slapstick corporate comedy stylings of Smirky the Turkey as he catches his wattle in the barn door while pretending to be cock of the walk. Your girlfriend needs to chillax and wait for the simmering stupid to reach a roiling boil. You may want to put your pants commentary in the circular file; I once remarked on my lady’s love of shit brown fabrics and found myself basting my own drumstick on Thanksgiving.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I’ve got an assload of problems yet only a cheek’s worth of clue on how to solve them. My mom is trying to reunite me with my asshole wife. I’ll always love her like a sister, but I don’t want to stick around for when my soon-to-be ex evolves into her final form: the Phyllociraptor. I’ve got this uncle, we’ll call him Uncle Bitchcakes, who won’t stop breathing down my neck. Don’t take that lightly! When my uncle exhales, upper level atmospheric disturbances can agitate your pores. He thinks I still want his dumbass job and that my new go getter attitude is a little too convenient. I’ve accepted a different high level position, but that doesn’t calm his tits at all. Uncle Bitchcakes thinks he’s soooo good at reading people just because he won some Go Fish tournaments or something. I’m just as perceptive as he is, and I say he’s insecure. He knows I’m about to rock the COO thing like a goddamned earthquake and that cream, like my hair, always rises to the top. I’m going to vanquish the family’s nemesis in a corporate chess match and prove once and for all who the big swinging dick in this family is. Hah!

Signed;

Nephew of Bitchcakes

Dear Nephew;

Trust me. Your family knows you’re a dick, okay? When your soft, swaddled vanilla azz finally rolled into work, did you hear one co-worker say to the other “Just a minute, Jack. The people of Genoa City need me. I’m almost done with the Buttbiscuit column”? Like, how are you not getting this? I’m scared, bro. Why were you late, btw? I hope it wasn’t because you spent two hours pairing an eggplant tie with a suit made in rich, drizzling shit brown. You aren’t going to vanquish anyone, ever. The family nemesis is lighting up triple word scores on a Scrabble board while you try spelling out FUCK YOU by sneezing with a mouthful of alphabet soup. He’s probably giving your girl vitamin D injections on the side too. Your mom still thinks you’re special though, which is exactly why you shouldn’t listen to a word she says. Talk about bad judgment!

Dear Buttbiscuit;

Sometimes I think I’m still in love with my husband, but then he acts like a big meanie and I want to kick him in the crotchal area. Other times, I’m pretty sure I have a huge crush on this hot cop who won’t be a cop for long. Hot cop has a girlfriend and an annoying mother, so I’m being very respectful and not padding my bra to get his attention. Aren’t you proud of me? OMG! I was meeting with an employee and we ran into hot cop and I’m, like, so embarrassed because this chick could totally pick up my horny vibe. I’m just so interesting, you know, that people notice my every emotional nuance. I’ve had guys tell me I possess the flirtatious personality of a sea cucumber, so either my employee is deeply in tune with me or sea cucumbers are the sluts of the ocean. I’m sure she has excellent advice to give, as she latched onto the other woman’s cop husband before he died like he was the last chamber pot in a dysentery epidemic. Still, I’d like to hear your opinion on this.

Signed;

The Main Character

Dear Main Character;

Shut the fuck up, asshole. I… I’m sorry. Kind of. There’s only so many dumb people with dumb problems that a genius should be expected to tolerate, and you just happened to write the letter that nudged me over the edge. Honestly, you might as well hold out for a reunion with your inept husband. You two are painfully perfect for each other. He’s playing way over his head right now, and if I’m going to shield one of my nephews from assholery, it’s going to be the one who doesn’t let his son drive Matchbox cars up my nose while I sleep. I’d wish you luck, if I cared. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 7
13 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

My thought was they were moving her into the Winters family and starting to have Abbott/Newman/Winters as a core block for the show.

I can't think of anything duller to watch, and in a viewer's sense, I really don't care what happens to these people at all since it's usually just a rehash of decades old storylines.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Why do they keep repeating the same storylines for the same characters, it's really become quite tedious - it's time to move the Newmans, Abbotts, Chancellors and Winters characters into the background and phase in some new families and individuals as main characters - - couldn't they write it that a world-wide recession has completely wiped out the fortunes of all these international captains of industry, Tucker excepted, and they have to sell off all their assets  and move to GCs low-rent district and send  their children to the GC public schools so they can become plumbers and electricians - - change, change, I demand change before I die of boredom from watching this show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 12/1/2023 at 6:27 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Apparently Tucker took a shower after he and Audra boinked because Ashley didn't appear to a have caught a whiff of eau de sex wafting from him.

The trick to getting away with no one being able to tell that you've just had sex, is to shower without using soap and giving yourself a thorough drying off - - or maybe that's the trick for getting away with jumping into bed with your SO without said SO being able to tell that you've just come from having sex with someone else.

• LOL 5
On 12/1/2023 at 6:27 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wonder if Devon knows Abby tried to run over his daddy back in the day?

Water under the bridge, Joimiaroxeu, water under the bridge - - besides which, it was an accident and Tucker saved her ass when the cops were going to charge her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I really don't care what happens to these people at all since it's usually just a rehash of decades old storylines.

that is such a great point. What a terrible way to get new viewers on board.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

like he was the last chamber pot in a dysentery epidemic.........

the one who doesn’t let his son drive Matchbox cars up my nose while I sleep.

Ded Teletubbie GIF by MOODMAN

again.

Yes, officer, she done killed me daid.  Though there were other weapons, the utterly lethal ones are in the above quote.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Js Nana said:

so they can become plumbers and electricians

Which are valuable trades and take true intelligence to master, which means that neither Nick, nor Victoria, nor Kyle could ever make the grade.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, MsMalin said:

What a terrible way to get new viewers on board.

Which shows you what the producers think of long-time viewers, who've just about had it with the babies stolen at birth, who's the daddy, return from the dead, marrying every member of the opposite sex in the same family storylines - - has Y&R had a "my half-sister/half-brother is my stepmother/stepfather" storyline yet?

• LOL 3
59 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Which are valuable trades and take true intelligence to master, which means that neither Nick, nor Victoria, nor Kyle could ever make the grade

I must take exception to this. Sure, Victoria can’t open a cardboard box without help. Her brother Nicholas, on the other hand, has already mastered the art of the plumber’s crack and has logged, and I do mean logged, significant quality time with a broad variety of bathroom devices. He’d have great plumber potential if not for his allergy to hard work.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 9

I haven't been on this board all week, so I missed the opportunity to vote Mop off the island. Not that that would have counted much against the landslide in favor of Dick in a Box. LOL.

I knew CZ was a good actress from my sporadic viewing spells of ATWT. She really is wonderful. But both she and we deserved better, story-wise. This has been so WTF and out of the blue. I understand it being that way for the Newmans, but it shouldn't be that way for the viewers. It would have been much more effective if there had been a real build up and we were in on what was going on. Then we could have been invested in it and enjoying it. Instead, it's WTF from the moment it started until the moment it ended a few episodes later. Just having ex-Abby hanging around as a suspicious assistant was no kind of build up.

So I knew "you can call me Jordan for now", (still waiting to find out her real name), was crazy-pants when she said that Mop had pretty hair.

Once again they make Never-Ever-Billy-even-though-the-better-actor-passed the voice of reason. Really? There was no other choice? No, I think there were much better options. Even Conner, Sharinsane and Esther would have been more believable as the voice of reason.

That antidote worked wonders. by the time the paramedics got there everyone was recovered! Even Cole - who didn't drink the poison, but got hit in the head with a hammer! Did the paramedics check him out for that? Or did that antidote fix that all up, too?

Then Aunt Jordan disappears and now lives in the wall. Like JT did. real original. Note to the head writer - if you are going to steal, steal things that happened on other shows, not from the same damn show. And the police in Oregon really were made to look great. No evidence that she escaped, but they don't think to look for a secret passageway? Well, she disappeared into thin air, happens all the time in Oregon, right? And the same damn people who were terrorized by JT living in the wall, are just, oh, okay. WTF?

So was that it? Aunt Jordan has gone the way of Ian Ward?

I just have one technical question about all the action scenes - the fights, the chases -were they filmed in slow motion?

And, I'm also wondering, is the Victor-fakes-losing-his marbles story over? Did it have any effect on any of them? Other than Partless being kicked to the curb?

Also wondering how long it's going to take the Newmans to get back to GC? And let ButtBiscuit know they're all okay.

So Chance thinks that being a police officer is not fair to his family, (including his father who faked his death and was absentee most of Chance's life! Yes, Chance did say his "parents" when he was listing his family.) and so he is quitting. But wasn't he promoted to Chief of Police? And isn't that more of an office job, running things, not being a flatfoot, or riding around in a squad car? I get the feeling that the guy writing this show doesn't think very highly of the police.

Tuckerneck and Audra were sitting in a tree, kissing, then poof he's in the dining area with Ash. I like Tuckerneck and Ash together, they deserve each other. But what happened there??? Wasn't that kissing fest Tucker and Audra shared leading to more? Did they do it, then he zipped up and popped downstairs to meet Ash?

And all those black and white flashbacks. So many. Were some of them new scenes, never shown before? And that stupidass scene in Paris, or was it the rooftop lunchroom/workout room at Forrester Creations? Those plastic plants looked awfully familiar. We've never seen either Tuckerneck or Ash act like the two of them were acting before. Out of character for both of them. Seemed more like one of Nikki's drunken hallucinations.

I can't believe I watched the whole week's worth of episodes. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

I had to rewind a couple times and I still didn’t really catch the zoning out from Summer that caused Sharon to jolt her and say Summer! You zoned out! What’s wrong? 

Is this a new plot?

How bad is it that i didn't even notice ANY of the things you referenced?

BUT, I wish I had.

• LOL 8

@boes It was when Summer was leaving the coffee shop after coming from hospital visit with Chance. She had just told Sharon that she was falling for Chance and then Sharon did what I posted above. 

I hated that they wasted Barbara Ryan. I ff through all the scenes. Cole looks terrible and I couldn’t look.

I am beyond sick of Sally. UO, I love Chloe ( the actress) and wish they wrote better for her instead of having to gush over Chelsea and Sally. I would give all the Baldwin crew a story and home sets if I had the power. Recast Kevin if he is on another show (the actor). 

They really should have cast that lady and man that are extras at GCAC as Mamie and make the guy part of the story. The Mamie actress irks the hell out of me.

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, boes said:

How bad is it that i didn't even notice ANY of the things you referenced?

BUT, I wish I had.

Ditto. Although I admit it was mostly background noise for me. I didn't actually watch most of it.

• Like 7

StewedSquash…. yes, Sally needs to go. Give Adam a better partner - one he doesn’t have to beg crumbs of affection from. Sally is a character we already have one or two of…Designers. She will never be able to overcome the “Eeeewww” of the Nick affair. I think Chloe would be excellent if given better material. And sheds Kevin….wherever he is. Unpopular opinion: I can barely tolerate his character.

Browsing other soap sites, I am beginning to think that We The People who occupy this board are the only ones on earth who think this soap is flailing thanks mostly to the writing. And the inability to demand better of some regular cast members. Still….that is the reason we are so much fun. And way more interesting than what we are watching. 😻

• Like 5
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I think Chloe would be excellent if given better material. And sheds Kevin….wherever he is. Unpopular opinion: I can barely tolerate his character.

Not unpopular with me.  Show acts like Kevin wasn't this homicidal porn pervert who tried to kill Colleen, among his many dastardly deeds.  Michael was pretty bad too when he first came to GC but that's not glossed over the way Kevin's past is.  It irks me when Kevin gives Gloria crap about her behavior when he tried to KILL COLLEEN.  Also, can't stand the actor.

I don't like Chloe either, but it's definitely the writing because I loved this actress when she was on AMC.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Yeah, I remember that moment between Summer and Sharon. It was unclear to me whether Summer actually said to Sharon she was falling for Chance, or if Sharon imagined it.

I know Summer can be a bit of a dim bulb. However, she's aware of the circumstances of her conception and the messy history between her parents and Sharon. I don't see Summer going all gooey-eyed and making a confession to Sharon about her feelings for Chance.

Meanwhile, Sharon has noticed Summer and Chance acting friendly toward each other. I think Sharon is just insecure enough about potentially losing a man to Phyllis' daughter that she's perhaps getting ahead of the actual threat.

In love triangles I always say the person in the middle is the one who holds the power. IMO Chance still seems all in with Sharon and hasn't done anything particularly sus toward Summer. (Though there was that one time in the park where he and Summer started leaning in like they were going to kiss but Sharon showed up and the spell was broken.)

I'm guessing Sharon will either voluntarily bow out or she'll do something that will make Chance break up with her. The wild card is Phyllis. Red might step in and try to force the issue so Summer can win but keep her hands clean. Soapy!

• Like 10
20 hours ago, boes said:

Yes, officer, she done killed me daid.  Though there were other weapons, the utterly lethal ones are in the above quote.

"evolves into her final form: the Phyllociraptor" is the one that got me.  

12 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

I can't believe I watched the whole week's worth of episodes. 

Just had the same experience and have learned that binge watching episodes of the Show can lead to serious mental damage, high blood pressure and terminal ennui.  I don't recommend it.

22 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm guessing Sharon will either voluntarily bow out or she'll do something that will make Chance break up with her.

or she could offer him a job as CEO at her company so he doesn't have to work for his mommy.  Then Dummer could offer him co-CEO at her company.  Let the games begin!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

IIRC, Summer zoned out when talking to Sharon and day dreamed she told Sharon she had a crush on Chance. Also it seems Sharon and Chance are the only people in town who don't know about it. Sharon has a hunch but Chance is none the wiser.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

@pvandal Thank you for clarifying that scene! It was so oddly filmed that I never even picked up that Summer was in daydream mode, even after Sharon told her that she zoned out. 
I guess daydreams will mess with the multiple daily flashback mess is the only thing I can think of. Film crew: how do we show daydreams in the black and white flashbacks? 
I need Wayne’s World doodleloodoodleloodoodleloo from now on YR.

eta If Mamie is sticking around I am going to embrace the actress. I do love all the subtle I don’t believe you looks Lily gives her.

I am kind of bummed about Nate and Victoria not being a couple if that is the plan. I think this is the first pairing that felt like the actors clicked, chemistry wise in romance and the business part.

I love Audra.

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Lets hear it for Josh Morrow's acting today. It was worthy of an Emmy nomination as he held his hand over his wound all day. It looked like he was saying The Pledge of Allegiance.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 17

Go F*** yourself Chelsea by encouraging Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ to go after Chance and don’t give 💩💩 about Sharon once again. I’m not a fan of Sharon but even a less fan of Chelsea.  Chelsea was a heart attack way from jumping Rey’s bones in Chicago.  

I got a kick out of Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 saying that they enjoyed seeing them terrified and at their mercy.  I guess the Newmans don’t like it one bit when the shoe is on the other foot. 

Hey Taz🌪️, I got news for you, work harder!  You’re still an insufferable antagonizing combative unsympathetic miserable creeper 🤢🤮.  Taz🌪️ giving Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ advice on her love life 😝. I rather take advice from a homeless drug addict strung out on crack. 

Jill have you spoke to Lily and Devon about bringing on Nostrils and Chance?  Like Smugly Smug Smug, Devon and especially Lily aren’t all that too fond of Nostrils because of the way he last left CW. 

Stop the presses, Groucho🥸🥸🥸 is capable of being somewhat sympathetic towards Claire. Here again the Newmans are being hypocritical. Did Victor raise his family to be elitist shit heads and to believe they are entitlement.  So why can’t they believe that Claire was raised to believe a certain way by Aunt Jordan.  Groucho🥸🥸🥸 if you want to know the truth, have Claire take a DNA test or maybe your brain can’t wrap around the idea that Claire could be Eve. 

🍇🍇, Banana Breath🦍🦍 should be eating 🍌🍌🍌.  I guess his mom was too hung over to peel his 🍌 for him as usual. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

You’re still an insufferable antagonizing combative unsympathetic miserable creeper

If the producers are the ones urging MS to "chew the scenery" with that character, then they should tell her to tone it down because it's antagonizing fans of the show.

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Does Christine live at the GCAC? Not sure why she'd take her mail to the dining room to open and sort.

Look who's back. And she's already making everything about herself and casting herself as the victim. Poor Summer.

🎶Ain't no weekend like a Newman family weekend!🎶 You get held hostage, poisoned, knocked out, stabbed, and have booze mainlined right into your veins! Whee!

Why did Cole go to the ranch with the Newmans? Guess he hopped a ride on their jet but he'll have to find his own rest of the way back home, ha ha.

Danny, you idiot! Why do you keep bringing up Phyllis to the woman she tried to kill? You think your mind is like a steel trap but today it was looking more like a tin foil swan full of cold leftovers.

Wow, Jill. You want to bring your son into the corporate lion's den that C/W will become once Nate, Mamie, and Tucker dig their claws in? Surprisingly though, I don't hate the idea. 🤔

IMO Victoria must subconsciously believe Claire is her child. She was speaking quite sympathetically of Claire's plight in having been raised by psycho Jordan. Cole might as well go buy It's a Girl! cigars to pass out as the new proud papa, lol.

Summer discussing her fraught love life with Phyllis. Yikes. Fatal mistake unless she actually wants her mommy to interfere. Which Phyllis will likely do regardless.

TMW you walk up on your old crush publicly smooching your longtime nemesis. Oy, Cricket, be careful.

Re comments upthread, Jill dated Jack more than once. Were any of those time frames after Billy was born? That would mean Billy's mommy got with his half-brother. (Who was one slow swimmer away from being Billy's daddy.) Eeeeeeeee! 😱😱😱

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Regarding the Newmans: Are these people so self-involved that they haven't noticed that Nikki looks like shit and that having alcohol mainlined into her system might play havoc with her recovery - - Victor sits in that chair with an expression that says he's so deep into his dotage that he's barely aware of his surroundings or what anyone else is saying.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I am glad you said that JsNana. Nikki looked awful and everyone just sat there like bumps on a log with Victor telling her you are strong my baby while he has decanters of booze staring her in the face.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6

I don't get why finding out if Victoria found out Claire is her daughter would be earth-shattering. Given the fates of her, Nick's, and Adam's kids, she'll just end up being shuttled off to somewhere out of sight soon, like the rest of their kids.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Phyllis telling Dummer that "Nothing is unattainable" brings flashbacks of bodies wrapped in carpet being deposited in dumpsters....Good times.

Why has Nikki not been wrapped in cotton wool, transported gently to a cushy luxury rehab facility, put on " no self release" for 6 months, and given Deacon as a sponsor ?? Okay, the Deacon part is over the top, but I loved them together. Decanters of booze within reach, ignoring the fact that she has been force-fed her poison, and VICTOR POURING AND DRINKING HIS F'N TEQUILA RIGHT NEXT TO HER....This is no where near normal behavior. Yes, we watch to escape our hum-drum daily lives, but these shows are not about space aliens. There should be SOME nod to normalcy. 

Before Chance leaves for a C-suite job, can he please supervise a DNA test for Claire/Eve ?? "Paging Dr. Elaina"....Of course, she is V&C's long dead baby. Will there be an explanation for the missing infant ?? Yep, her body was donated to science, so there was no need for a funeral, et al. 

Coming to the realization that Billy Miller will never be back, and still mourning. 💔

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Regarding the Newmans: Are these people so self-involved that they haven't noticed that Nikki looks like shit and that having alcohol mainlined into her system might play havoc with her recovery - - Victor sits in that chair with an expression that says he's so deep into his dotage that he's barely aware of his surroundings or what anyone else is saying.

That family grouping just defines dysfunction and pretty much always has.  Nikki getting back with Victor for good was never this culmination of a great love, it was total surrender on her part.  Since then, she's moulded herself into the warped version of a perfect wife, Victor Newman style.  She's more fully adopted all of his narcissistic personality traits and gone through the mirror into his Bizarro world.  He has his freakin' tequila, come hell or high water or the fragility of his alcoholic wife, even in the face of warnings from the doctors about the dangers to his own health.  Hell, the man has been drinking ever since he got Colleen's heart.  His selfishness is pathological and in Newman World, it's either fully embrace it or get out.  Nikki locked herself into that marital jail, Victoria is too fucked up to see the pathology and Nick is too much of a moron to know the difference.

Aunt Jordan lied about the process of her birth but she told no lies in describing the family Claire was born into.

• Like 6
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Decanters of booze within reach, ignoring the fact that she has been force-fed her poison, and VICTOR POURING AND DRINKING HIS F'N TEQUILA RIGHT NEXT TO HER....

ICAM. Every time Victor starts up with his "my baby" stuff with Nikki I struggle to keep my eyes from rolling right out of my head. AFAIC, his terms of endearment = distraction from his emotional abuse.

I'd like to think Victor considers himself helping Nikki maintain strength in her sobriety by constantly having her see alcohol but not drink. Yeah, no, he's simply a selfish pig. If Nikki succumbs to her addiction because her husband has to knock back the booze at home, oh well that's her problem.

Bet Victor would be fine with Nikki going away to dry out so no one has to see her while she's sloppy drunk and embarrassing the family. But Nate suggesting Victor temporarily leave to get help for his "fake" mental issues was the worst thing ever! Ugh.

• Like 7
  • Love 7

Dear Buttbiscuit;

How has my son disappointed me? Let me count the ways. I need cannon fodder for an inevitable corporate battle, yet Apple Cheeks won’t lay it on the line for the woman who raised him. I feel like he blames me for passing on the overdeveloped nostrils gene even though the experts said it’s impossible to trace its origins. One geneticist suggested my son was bitten by a radioactive anteater as an infant. To add to his laundry list of shameful acts, he’s romancing a chirpy noodle intent on making prairie upholstery chic happen. I just don’t understand how a young man could hesitate to help someone who changed his diapers and had to use fire hose tubing as a nasal aspirator. I suppose a little consideration for the person who brought you into this world is expecting too much. Feel guilty yet?

Signed;

Mamie is Lamie

Dear Lamie;

No? Perhaps your son is in a precarious position, living large and being in charge of a company that actually produces tangible, specific goods. Meanwhile, a douche shark circles his island of success, waiting for him to wander into the shallows so it can strike with its bulbous, bouffant shaped head. It could be best if your son was to hunker down where he is, fortify his own position with harpoon wielding mercenaries and give the apex smirker absolutely no quarter. Think of the shame you’d feel if your son was bested and replaced by a nerd kicked out of boarding school for lewd and lascivious acts with a batting helmet. Speaking of laundry lists, can I bring mine over this weekend? Your Gain dryer sheets are boss.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I recently took a powerful blow to the head, which explains why I returned to Genoa City aboard the Newman’s private jet. I think I know what my next book will be about, though it will be mistakenly classified as fiction. Imagine, if you will, a family so insufferable that you’d prefer an hour of listening to Danny Romalotti’s music to spending five minutes in their presence. The mother was recently held hostage and pumped full of vodka, yet no one thought to call ahead and have a maid or something deep six the booze? I think I’m the only one who caught her eye fucking the liquor bottles. She was able to distract herself by pulling her pants up to her armpits, but how long will that last? Her husband, the devil rest his soul, offered everyone a drink despite a doctor advising us not to mix alcohol with poison. He kept mumbling about his “sweet baby” like a creeper between brazen gulps of tequila. Maybe that’s how he embalms himself, I don’t know. The son was almost comic relief as he manspread on the sofa, grunting about bourbon and holding his stab wound like it was still bleeding. Or was he? I caught him tweaking his nipple, rolling it between his fingers, a look of stupefied pleasure on his dumb face. Our eyes met and… he winked. The pinnacle of the experience was the daughter, my ex-wife, expressing compassion for the young woman who had been brainwashed to hate us all since birth, believing she was our daughter who we thoughtlessly abandoned. These toxic twits reacted as if deviating from their orthodoxy was an unspeakable act of blasphemy. I discovered that I come from a family of sociopaths, but I feel I got off lucky that it’s not these jerks.

Signed;

Seriously, Put the Vodka Away

Dear Seriously;

Huh. I wondered what all the Newmans had gotten up to. You’re welcome, by the way. I solved the thorny mystery of their disappearance, but I was behind on answering letters so I kind of sat on it. Turns out no one gave a fuck. Congratulations on your bouncing baby girl!

Dear Buttbiscuit;

It’s me again, that romantic victim of unrequited love! Don’t you feel sorry for me? You better. It would be a shame if someone’s girlfriend got a pink slip. Ha ha. So, yeah, my mom is a total crackpot and won’t leave me alone. I was chatting with my creative director about what else, my OBVIOUS and ADORABLE feelings for hot cop. It’s so weird how everyone notices my huge crush because I’m certain my expression never changes. Maybe I fold my arms differently? Anyways, my mom comes storming in, looms over my employee like it’s time to throw down and then tries to guilt trip me into spilling my iced tea. Blah blah blah, I’m shutting her out and can’t I see she’s working soooo hard to be a better person, blah blah blah. I think she believes if she says she’s trying to be better, that’s the same as doing it. I don’t think it works like that? A better person would accept that her kids can confide some things in friends. A better person would feel ashamed that their daughter unwillingly confessed because her mom browbeat and manipulated her. A good person doesn’t follow their bliss when it could hurt other people, right? Her advice to take whatever I want sounds like the same old her. She got her face cracked super hard when we caught her crush making out with her nemesis. I was too scared to laugh. My mom is a lost cause, isn’t she?

Signed;

Give Me a Chance

Dear Give Me;

Duh? I mean, I’ve often pursued the unattainable, costs be damned. It usually ended in tears, humiliation and recriminations… for my brother. Maybe your mother is one of those lucky people who never pays the piper for their sins. Someone else has to catch hands when we start shit on a whim. Not gonna lie, it’s a charmed life. Boundaries, though, are a key ingredient in healthy, happy relationships, which means you’re looking at a lifetime of sorrow. What would help is to stop writing to me about your supremely uninteresting feelings for whatever sorry son of a bitch has captured your fancy. Set an example for your mom and shut the fuck up already.

• Fire 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why did Cole go to the ranch with the Newmans?

Because he'll have to testify in the quickie trial that will be  held, probably in that easyjudge's chambers where Claire will get probation and community service.  And we do know that jurisdiction is wherever the Newmans are, not where the  crime actually occurred.  Oregon rejoices.

17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oy, Cricket, be careful.

Cricket should be willing to take the hit if it means Phylth gets her probation revoked and sent off to prison.

13 hours ago, Peppermint said:

Decanters of booze within reach

And that was the biggest bottle of Wodka I've ever seen.  If Tequila is Vik's drink of choice, why is there a honking huge bottle of vodka spotlighted on the bar?  Also, I thought Cole only got hit with a hammer, not poisoned.  

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

prairie upholstery chic happen.

got me again.

Edited by MollyB
  • Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 12/3/2023 at 10:51 PM, SweePea59 said:

It would have been much more effective if there had been a real build up and we were in on what was going on. Then we could have been invested in it and enjoying it. Instead, it's WTF from the moment it started until the moment it ended a few episodes later.

This is essentially what is so wrong with soaps today in general.  Absolutely no long term story-telling.  The classic episode that just aired in November featured Michael Baldwin stewing in his hovel of an apartment planning his revenge on Christine, and Lauren receiving a naughty puzzle piece.  Were these scenes campy?  Of course, but they also built suspense!  Jordan could've moved to GC with her grand-niece and wreaked havoc in plain sight.  At least we, the audience would've been privy to their motivations.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1