Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Whoa, when was the last time we saw Nate in casual clothes? I thought he looked good today, or at least slightly less shady.

What evilness is Claire up to? She was doing everything but stroke her imaginary Snidely Whiplash mustache.

Ashley is so confident she can handle Tucker. Pshht, as if. I think Tucker's only danger is himself and the hapless schemes he doesn't seem to think through.

Cute how Chloe just bounces from one job to another by leeching off her friends.

Lol, Adam walked into Society and Sally's cooch automatically went on high alert.

Y&R Word of Day: Ruse. Not even halfway through the episode and I noticed the word "ruse" used three times already. 🙄

Shut up, Abby. Your Newman family just suffered a tectonic shift courtesy of your dastardly daddy and you have no clue. Nobody needs your opinions on Tucker.

Nikki's pants. Oy. I know the huge, baggy legs look is in style but I don't think it works on anyone whose body isn't pretty much skeletal.

I still can't wait until Chloe finds out Sally and Adam hit the sheets again. "Clean-up on aisle 3! Looks like pieces of a head."

Mamie thinks if she, Nate, Lily, and Devon unite they can drive Jill out of C/W. Heh, keep dreaming Miss M.

The set for Aunt Jordan's house looked familiar but so far I can't place it.

Sigh, Nikki. Not to blame the victim but you walked right into that drug-induced nightmare. You better hope Victor's crackhead security team has a GPS tracker on your phone.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

When it comes to a duel of wits with Adam, Smugly Smug Smug brings a gun without bullets.  No Smugly Smug Smug, Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 was a hell of a lot more fooled than Adam, and as a doctor, you also were more fooled than Adam. 

Why is Mrs Chipmunk still on Y&R when Mr Chipmunk is not?  If riding coattails was an Olympic Event,  Mrs Chipmunk would win a gold medal. I rather get a root canal than listen to her voice. Please please Sally, tell Mrs Chipmunk, that if you’re going to work together STFU about Adam. 

Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸, NE being strong really has nothing to do with your input and leader ship.  It would have been just as strong if Banana Breath 🦍🦍🦍was CEO because of the core structure Victor built.  Adam’s leadership could have taken NE to a greater height than you ever could.  

Here we go again with Banana Breath🦍🦍🦍🦍 being an insufferable piece of shit. Adam has never shown brotherly loyalty ever?  First of all once you use a definitive like ever, your argument is bogus. So I guess giving a kidney to Faith is not brotherly loyalty it’s just loyalty to your niece.  I guess saving you life, in Kansas, was not loyalty either. On that subject Banana Breath🦍🦍🦍🦍, Groucho 🥸🥸🥸🥸hasn’t shown you a bunch of sisterly loyalty. 

As an aside, Blue Lake is in Oregon (pronounced Oregen) but in the town of Fairview. I actually went to Blue Lake on my way to going to see Mt Hood.  Beautiful area of the country! 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Nate looked good in his casual clothes. I also think Tucker looks good in his turtlenecks & tight pants (what?). I want to see less suits on the men. Yes, most of them are businessmen but they aren’t always at work. It was a nice change of pace with Nate. If I saw Jack in slacks & a sweater I’d probably faint dead away.

Also as much as I am looking forward to Nikki being stabbed with a syringe, could the dialogue leading up to it today be anymore boring and stilted? And I’d like to know, if that was tea Claire was pouring, why did it look like plain water. Toss a tea bag or two in the pot for reality. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Oh my gods, did that jarhead Nick actually say that Adam has never shown any brotherly loyalty?  You have got to be kidneying me!

That was a real head turner, wasn't it?  I was hoping that Adam would have given Nick a swift kick in the balls but the gesture would probably have been wasted, since I'm sure that for Nick, a kick in the nuts is what he considers "foreplay."

• LOL 18

That was the damn weakest tea I've ever seen. Maybe it was vodka?  This is a storyline I am actually interested in.  I would think the pilot who has the plane idling waiting for Nikki should wonder what's up.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The set for Aunt Jordan's house looked familiar but so far I can't place it.

Got me thinking, too.  It's Sharon's place.  The front door is different and they threw some steps in, but same floor plan.  Also I think that's her couch.  Or one from the GCAC.  It would be fun if Sharon walks in all "who the fuck are you and why are you here?  And what did you do with my door?"

16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sigh, Nikki. Not to blame the victim but you walked right into that drug-induced nightmare.

And could there be a bigger anvil than her saying over and over that her sister doesn't know she's coming?  Who travels across country to 'surprise' her family?  What if her sister has other plans this weekend?  And maybe I'm getting as senile as Viktor, but didn't the sister have cancer and die a few years back?

11 hours ago, pvandal said:

If I saw Jack in slacks & a sweater I’d probably faint dead away.

When he was the doppelganger Marco (?) he went casual and it was a hoot.  I love my men in suits, but he was very appealing in his sporty clothes.

3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I would think the pilot who has the plane idling waiting for Nikki should wonder what's up.  

Not a problem.  Nikkiganger is going to show up shortly.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Sorry to be the voice of dissent again today, but these scripts make no sense whatsoever to me anymore. Victor pontificates to Adam & Nick he wants his children to be able to work together @ NE. Then his next edict is if Victoria can't get on board, she can get lost. Nick then launches into his predictable anti-Adam tirade, while TGVN passively listens. Should Nick be evaluated as a case of early onset dementia, maybe? He's apparently forgotten Adam has more business education then him, that Adam saved his life, and also donated a kidney to his daughter. At this point the only conclusion I can come to is if Claire damaged Nikki's liver by drugging her, and Nikki requires a liver transplant, Nick and Victoria will side-eye Adam in the operating room, if he is the only possible donor. Victoria's "chat" with Nate, all about her angst. She is truly her father's daughter. Still, why do Victoria, Nick, and Adam even want to continue at NE since Big Daddy has told them he intends to remain in charge, which is just a veiled threat that he will be continuing to jerk them all around? They each have their own Newman name. They need to all tell Grampire "Adios," walk away, and create something with their own names.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Still, why do Victoria, Nick, and Adam even want to continue at NE since Big Daddy has told them he intends to remain in charge, which is just a veiled threat that he will be continuing to jerk them all around? They each have their own Newman name. They need to all tell Grampire "Adios," walk away, and create something with their own names.

Well said.  Also, these "children" are much closer to receiving their AARP applications than they are to their hormonal teen years.  Children, they are not.

Nate could make a good case for the entire Newman family to be hauled away for extensive mental health evaluations, and not a one of them should pass.

• Like 9
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

The fantastic most wonderful executive ever had goes running off to kiss the “feet” of Smugly Smug Smug instead of going to a business meeting. Yes, I know it involves Adam, but Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 is showing more loyalty to Smugly Smug Smug than the father she loves. Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸’s projects a facade of stability but underneath Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 is needy and suffers from insecurity.  

Once again Banana Breath🦍🦍🦍 needs to stuff his mouth with 🍌🍌🍌 and stop bastardizing Adam. Of Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 and you, Adam is the most qualified to run NE. I wasn’t watching when Adam first arrived in GC, but from I read, Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 and Banana Breath🦍🦍🦍 never accepted Adam since finding out he was their half brother.  They are not very big on sharing Victor and his billions with what they think is an “outsider”.  Please tell me Banana Breath🦍🦍🦍 how you and your sister were loyal to your father when you took Victor to court and were rewarded $500k each.  Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 and Banana Breath🦍🦍🦍don’t love their father as much as what they can get from him.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Victoria, what part of "eff off" do you not understand? Gah, you harpy. Leave Nate alone.

The room Nikki's in looks like the one where Stitch had Mariah stashed when she was pregnant with Dominic. I don't recall Stitch having a whole house set though. Weren't he and his demonchild son on the lam or something? Ehhh. The placement of the stairs is what's throwing me off.

Audra in the bright Barbie color again. Wowser.

Wah, wah, wah, Vikki. Stop acting like you and Nate have anything in common or that he should feel sorry for you. You're just jonesing for that Nate Hastings brand of vitamin D you were getting on the regular when he worked for you.

Victor sure is flighty. From one day to the next his kids don't know who'll be in his good graces and who won't. IMO they ought to stop fighting each other long enough to 5150 Daddy Control Freak's zigzagging behind.

Jeebus cripes, Nick. Ungrateful much? I gotta give Adam a lot of credit for tolerating your nastiness.

Kyle grew a conscience. Yawn. He's another GC scion of generational wealth and power who doesn't actually need to worry about his future. I think Audra has been working him the wrong way.

Lol, Nikki was laying on the bed wearing all her clothes and her shoes. Shades of Erica Kane. (Who hilariously wore beige pumps in bed during boudoir scenes.)

Keep your mouth shut, Nate. You can't make amends with Lily and Devon and return to C/W if they suspect Victoria will use you to attempt a takeover again.

Wait, is Nikki in a B&B? The was a Gideon Bible in the end table. No cable TV though, ha ha.

A valid point was made upthread: what did Claire do about the Newman jet pilot? Maybe she used Nikki's phone to text him new instructions. Man, he is so fired when Victor finds out what happened to Nikki.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, MollyB said:

didn't the sister have cancer and die a few years back?

According to my google search, she didn't. She did have breast cancer. 

I've read the summary for tomorrow's show, and I'm trying to think of past storylines that could apply to Nikki's problem, but i can't. A doppleganger Nikki could be fun. She could tell Victor to go suck an egg. Revenge for Marco.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

YASS QUEEN! I haven’t learned the name of the actress playing Claire, but that evil side-eye to the camera as Nikki was yelling for help was so soapalicious that I actually rewound the tape and called my husband in to pay homage. Slow clap.

Another note of appreciation: JG actually taking a beat acknowledge Claire wouldn’t be able to access Nikki’s phone and having the retinal scan moment.

Meanwhile the “Kyle betrays the family” storyline ends with a whimper.. and nobody cares one way or another.

In-charge Victor is more off his rocker than demented Victor ever was.

Edited by lgprimes
Skipped a word
  • Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Yes, Nick, you were the very soul of a loyal son when you turned your father into the feds for his commercial bribery scheme.  Ughh, I'm so sick of this putz.  Why didn't Claire take him instead.  Christian never would have noticed he was missing.

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Couldn't Claire be the child Victoria had with Cole Howard?  I know the baby supposedly died, but Cole only told Victoria the baby died, I don't think she ever saw it.  

It's not a storyline I'm really familiar with, other than remembering J. Eddie Peck playing Cole.  But Cole was supposed to be Victor's son for a while because of his mother's affair with Victor, and then Cole got involved with Victoria without knowing she might be his sister.  He also slept with Nikki, too, right?

Maybe he lied about the baby being dead and passed it off to a relative to raise and now the daughter is looking for revenge on grandma Nikki and mommy Victoria and the rest of the Newmans for god knows what reason?

Or maybe, and this is much more believable, Claire is just as annoyed by and sick of the Newman nudnicks as the rest of us are.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Couldn't Claire be the child Victoria had with Cole Howard?

I barely remember Cole Howard but his return would be an interesting blast from the past. J. Eddie Peck was a hot piece back in day. According to the googles he's 65 now so I think it'd be fun to see if he's held up as well as Linden Ashby (Cameron  Kirsten) has.

JG truly has forgotten that Victor has a fourth child hasn’t he?

It's mystifying, right? Victor's kids were on the verge of shipping him off to a rest home and no one bothered to bring Abby in on the matter. I'm surprised Adam at least hasn't told her. He tends to view Abby as a kindred "outsider" since she also isn't Nikki's spawn.

• Like 14
  • Love 3

On Twitter I saw the idea that Claire is somehow aligned with Ian Ward. That would be interesting since he raised Mariah so she could be worried he'd kidnap Aria.

Has that been raised here? For a show that annoys me, I am too involved in different platforms about it. I get mixed up. LOL

Edited by pvandal
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10

A Nikki doppelgänger? eh. But...if there is a doppelgänger, I will be on board if she makes Victoria and Nick's lives miserable. Doesn't matter how. Just make 'em a misery. And if she's also somehow advancing Adam to mess with them? I'll be rooting for her all the way.

• Like 12
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The room Nikki's in looks like the one where Stitch had Mariah stashed when she was pregnant with Dominic. I don't recall Stitch having a whole house set though. Weren't he and his demonchild son on the lam or something? Ehhh. The placement of the stairs is what's throwing me off.

I will never forgive them for making Stitch a psychopath. He was great to look at and a great character and good actor. Instead, we get left with Nostrils von Buttbiscuit and Banana Breath. 🙄 What a rip-off!

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

A doppleganger Nikki could be fun.

Especially if she treats Adam nicely or asks Vic how things are going with that nice young man, Nate.  Of course, that would mean that the kids would get together to ship her off to a 'looney bin'.

I'm going to Seattle today and taking a two week break from Show.  Hopefully, in that time the reasons for Claire's kidnapping plot will be revealed.  And Nick will look less grumpy and slovenly.  And Sharon will slip something besides Kalhua into Summer's coffee.  And Baby Aria's first words will be 'Shut Up!'  And Chloe will be crushed under a wall in a remodel accident.  And Viktor will refuse to pay the ransom for Nikki.  And all the Newman brats (well, maybe not Abby, cause I'm kinda liking her and Devon) join the Hari Krishnas.  And Tucker and Ashley, in a loving suicide pact, jump off that bridge in Chancellor park into wet concrete, face down and no one finds them until it's set.  And Kyle joins a circus as Boufant Boy Extrodinaire.

Enjoy, Preverts!  I'll be checking in here cause this forum is a lot more fun than watching the show.

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Welcome to Seattle MollyB! We’re having great weather today. I hope you enjoy your time here and your pilot doesn’t divert you to Blue Lake, Oregon. If it does, apparently there is a lovely B&B complete with cans of food in the cupboard and a Bible in the side table! It’s very secure. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 15

Hey, Tucker! 🥰🤗

An old-fashioned can opener. Huh. You'd think Claire would've only provided Nikki cans with pull-tab lids. Whatever, I'm impressed fancy Mrs. Newman still knew what a can opener was.

Jill certainly took the news of Mamie and Tucker's joint financial forays into C/W with good humor.

I don't know about Audra and Tucker sitting in the middle of the GCAC dining room scheming. They might as well have been doing a live webcast.

Pshht, Victor accusing Vikki of bringing her personal business into the office was rich given what he just pulled with his fake illness. I guess he only meant romantic stuff but she's been doing that for decades, and so have Nick, Adam, and Nikki. Whatever, Victor. 🙄

Claire's a nutbag out for revenge for things which happened eons ago. Check. JG must have a basic storyline he simply recycles by changing the name of the villain.

Victor, your oldest daughter is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. She has plenty. (Nevermind that the original source of her money is the trust fund you created for her.) She could easily walk away if she weren't so convinced she's the rightful heir to the NE throne--a notion you've long encouraged.

Wow, Tucker 100% predicted what Diane advised Kyle to do: spy on Tucker while pretending to be on his hostile takeover team. Eventually Jack would gratefully reward Kyle with the co-CEO job. But if Diane doesn't tell Jack what's up, that'll put her at risk of losing his trust, no?

Ruh roh, Jill. Tucker ain't scurred so maybe you should be worried. Meanwhile, hon, you might want to invest in sturdier undergarments. The girls were hella saggy today.

Daniel, you are not trying to worm your way around Tucker. Your mommy may have momentarily gotten the best of him but you would not be so lucky.  FOH, game boy.

Look out world, Victoria Newman's about to spin out! Whee!!! 🥳😵‍💫

Hostage Nikki must've been on some amazing drugs if she hallucinated Victor's presence but it turned out to be a weird little doll. Eek.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Wow did you know that you can pick a lock with a can opener?  Neither did I 😜.  Claire, your planning sucks for many reasons but you should have given Nikki cans of food with pull tops 😉

Victor you are so right. Without Victor Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 would be nothing but a starving artist in Paris. Victor is also right about Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 commingling her personal life and business with Locke and Smugly Smug Smug. Oh, I almost forgot that Nostrils sabotaged Brash and Sassy with a bogus facial mask. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Dear Buttbiscuit;

Oh dear me, I seem to have been kidnapped! I am being held in the most unseemly conditions, and my captor is terribly uncouth. I cannot fathom why I have been plucked from my family and my life of opulence by my once worshipful assistant. This rustic shack is simply unbearable; I had to scrounge a bar of soap to wash the door hinges! What kind of ragtag clan of poors doesn’t have a maid? I have been drugged, and not with the good stuff either. After rendering me vulnerable and unable to fight back, Clara, I think her name is, attempted to brainwash me with communist propaganda about how my privileged, aristocratic family hurt others without thinking. I happen to put a lot of thought into putting others in their place. Something tells me Adam is the cause of my current discomfort, Fortunately, my husband is able to project himself psychically to my location and will soon rescue me. Make yourself useful and figure out how Adam orchestrated this little stay at the hobo hotel. The tablet I found is low on battery power, so I bid you adieu, for now.

Signed;

Unhappy Guest at the Shitz Carlton

Dear Guest;

Were you drugged with stupid pills? Wtf, lady. You wrote to me instead of law enforcement? It’s shocking that a verbally abusive, tyrant enabling pantsuit full of bile has run up on the wrong side of a crazy person. Of course, that’s no excuse not to leave a mint on your pillow. I hope you hit up that Yelp hard  when you bust out. Perhaps you should fill out a customer comment card and ask to speak to a manager. I’d send Adam to rescue you, but you didn’t tell me where your coddled ass is and I dislike you and your family. How do you like them apples? While I would never condone kidnapping and assault as a means to right injustices, eventually the peasants will roll out the tumbrils if you fuck around long enough. Do you think this Clara chick will pick up Nick to keep you company? I’m tired of him teaching my kids to belch Nickelback songs. Enjoy your stay!

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I have, perhaps, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, as I once did leading my battalion of triceratops against the stegosaurus insurgents at the battle of Gondwana. I never expected them to ally with a legion of velociraptors, but military strategy was in its infancy then, k? Where was I? Ah, yes, I was so close to having my three children working for me at the family company. I don’t know what I did wrong, but they all have developed their own ideas about life. I had my two sons explain the benefits of working together to my daughter in terms she would understand, k? Yet she came into my office, hysterical and shrill, accusing me of not respecting her. I correctly pointed out that she has bad taste in men and would have nothing without me, the great patriarch. She thinks I should reject my youngest son and obsesses about his presence. Then I suppose she went home, opened some wine, Ben & Jerry’s and turned on the Hallmark channel. How do I make her fall in line? This defiance will not stand, yougotthat?

Signed;

All Will Bow to Me

Dear Bow;

Yikes! I know you probably saw Mozart live in concert, but society has come a ways when it comes to women. Also, excuse me, but why the fuck am I still getting email from Newman Enterprises? I know I changed my settings so they would be shitcanned to the spam folder. (Genoa City Blowhole editor’s note: Newmans sell papers. Suck it up, buttercup) Look, you can’t blame your daughter for obsessing about your youngest son. He sounds like a rogue with rakish good looks who smolders with intensity… not that I’m suggesting incest. I mean, that’s more in my family’s lane, you know? Damn, it’s warm in here. The only thing your daughter is wrong about is wanting you to give up your son. Ask her how she’d like her daughter to demand she dump her son because he’s from a different mother. Of course, your daughter wouldn’t make outrageous demands like that if she wasn’t raised in a clown college by Pennywise himself. Now she has a chance to escape your dark aura and discover an identity independent of her job. LOL! I crack myself up. Seriously, you’re all so fucked in the head. And you have FOUR kids.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

My bro will just not shut up. I tell him to shut up and he keeps making smart ass comments. He’s, like, a disloyal butt shark who is always pissing me off. If he could just sit there and pretend to be invisible, he’d be pretty cool. Instead, it’s just blah blah blah. Whatever.

Signed;

Back In Dad’s Backside

Dear Back;

Why don’t you just shut up? Your brother is disloyal? I’d say he’s been quite… christian towards you. Dumbass.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I think I really messed up big time. I was going to sell out the fam because they didn’t give me my due, but then I chickened out. I can’t hang with a turtleneck clad bad ass; I’m just not seasoned enough. I was tempted into my deal with the devil by a stone fox whose hips don’t lie. I deployed the bouffant of truth and confessed my sins to my mother, who assured me I did absolutely nothing wrong. She knows, as a perfectly objective observer, that I was owed my very important job and was not nepo-propelled to the top. Moms are great. I want to keep the hair high and honest for my dad and just not put off the inevitable consequences and recriminations, but my mother thinks I should play double agent. That sounds really cool, plus my Uncle Billy totally flamed out when he tried his hand at it. My dad coddles the fool because he’s so afraid he’ll spin out in a whirlwind of manpain. Should I do it? Should I enter the high stakes world of corporate espionage?

Signed;

Agent Pomp

Dear Pomp;

Your Uncle Billy did not “flame out” at spying. He simply decided his loyalty to your father was too important to risk temptation. Ask me how I know! Seriously, ask me. How do you not realize who writes this column? Your mom is doing you a grave disservice by not giving you an honest appraisal of your skills. My mother has always been uncompromising when assessing my talents. When I was a teen, she told me that if Fortune 500 companies needed masturbators, I’d eventually be able to purchase the moon. I don’t really care if you confess to your father now or later; either way, your betrayal will certainly elevate your uncle’s stock. You really are a prize tit, you know that? Just say no to the spy game, buddy, before you get your shit wrecked by the turtleneck. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, luna1122again said:

Okay, Claire might be a vengeful nut bag but nothing she said to Nikki today was a lie. I'm kind of rooting for her. 

I'm rooting for her, too!  I hate these held-against-their-will stories so much, but I don't mind this one so far and I find myself cheering on the captor.  Nice twist, Josh, although I doubt that was your intention.  Claire neglected to call the Newmans inbred trash, so I can only give her an 8.75 out of 10.  It was a great speech all the same!

I would be all for a Claire/Ian Ward connection as long as Ray Wise is Ian Ward.🙏

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, boes said:

Couldn't Claire be the child Victoria had with Cole Howard? 

Here is my guess, Claire is the daughter of Veronica Landers, married to Dr. Joshua Landers.  Veronica was presumed dead, and Joshua married Nikki.  Here is the whole storyline. She died while trying to kill Nikki, impaled on a hay hook in the Newman barn.  Maybe Aunt Jordan is Veronica's sister, and Claire was Veronica's baby that Joshua never knew about.

.https://theyoungandtherestless.fandom.com/wiki/Veronica_Landers

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 7
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Fortunately, my husband is able to project himself psychically to my location and will soon rescue me

I believe the scientific term for Victor's psychic projection is "astral fart bulge".   It's a condition so far observed only in genetic Newmans, sort of the family's chromosomal version of the Call of the Wild.  Nick is able to use it imitate the flugelhorn while Victoria plays hers like a tin whistle.  Only Victor's fart bulge takes a visual form.

Isn't Science WONDERFUL?

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

I always learn so much from you, boes.

10 hours ago, boes said:

I believe the scientific term for Victor's psychic projection is "astral fart bulge"

Mind. Blown.

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Man, I am loving all these theories about Claire

I do not like kidnapping stories because they make me nervous. But, like you, I do enjoy reading the different theories about Claire. I wish some of our posters were writing the storyline instead of JG. Wouldn’t it be something if this whole revenge plot ends in an interesting way? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Man, I am loving all these theories about Claire. When was the last time the viewers were so intrigued by a storyline?

It's definitely gotten me through all of this stupid "I'm losing my marbles" bullshit by The Moustache storyline that we've had to endure. 🙄🤬

• Like 14
  • Love 1

Just saw an article that J Eddie Peck is coming back as Cole. I’m more & more thinking Claire could be his and Victoria’s “dead” baby. He was on in the mid to late 90s so that would be a right age for Claire. 30ish? Cole was a good guy though. I doubt he’d be involved in a Nikki kidnapping. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Man, I am loving all these theories about Claire. When was the last time the viewers were so intrigued by a storyline?

I haven't been this interested in years. As an As the World Turns viewer to the end, I was shocked/pleased to see Colleen Zenk. Y and R is bring back old soap people like Guiding Light's Josh Lewis(Ashland), I just hope this storyline is better than his.

I wasn't watching Y and R much around the Cole era. Victoria's daughter kidnaps Grandma? It makes Victoria interesting for once. The end of the writer's strike must've generated other ideas besides Josh's. 

Edited by babyhouseman
forgot something
  • Like 12
  • Love 2

My theory. Not a spoiler.

Spoiler

I heard the Eddie Peck news too. My theory is that Eve, the baby that Victoria had with him that died really didn't die and Nikki gave the baby away.

When Clare keeps saying the family will soon he there I think she is talking about Eve, who is really Clare, Eddie and whoever the aunt is.

• Like 7
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

. Wouldn’t it be something if this whole revenge plot ends in an interesting way? 

It would, but you know it won't.

Why did Calir have an IV equipmennnnt when the hospital didn't?

And, Diane, I think it might not have a good idea to have Bouffant NOT tell Jack.   Even Diane has feet of clay,  Just sayin..h.e just may feel a little, well for lack of a better word  deceived.

@NinjaPenguina--the sound you heard was the husband pounding on my back due to an Oreo was swallowed down the wrong tube.

I give MTS credit for allowing the producers to show her disheveled and without make up.

If Aunt Mamie thinks she's match for Tucker, she is for a rude awakening when she wakes up and finds herself with NOTHING

• Like 9
  • Love 5

As One Tough Cookie said above, good for MTS being filmed without makeup, looking bedraggled and hung over.  It really added to the storyline.  If we go by pretty much everything Josh Griffith has done so far, this storyline will end with a whimper but right now, it's pretty good.  There's such interesting speculation as to who Claire might be and what the origin of this storyline is, though I'm still partial to what MsMalin mentioned, especially with the news about J. Eddie Peck.  In any case, it's been ages since I've been invested instead of seeing where a storyline is going so I'm loving the ride so far.

Then there are these ridiculous "business" storylines that never go anywhere.  Now Chance, who is already underutilized, is going to be squished into some crappy suit, handed a tablet and have to spend his days blathering to Lily, Devon and Nate at CW?  Say it ain't so.

As for Aunt Mamie, I've tried to enjoy her, and I have when she's in scenes with the Abbotts.  But all his b.s. about her hijacking Chancellor as some sort of one-size-fits-all rest home for all of her relatives is neither endearing or even making much sense.  JILL owns Chancellor and always should have.  Katherine leaving it to Victor was out of left field to begin with, and Neil created Hamilton/Winters primarily as a vehicle for him to work with Devon, not anyone else.  Show seems to forget that it was Devon, not Neil, who largely financed that company, as well.  It's Devon's to do with as he pleases. In any case, all these ersatz "family business" bullshit storylines are leaving me feeling queasy.

I had a ton of great aunts and older relatives, everyone of them a treasure in their own way.  But if any of them had presumed to try and run the show the way Mamie does, she would have found her invitation to Sunday gettogethers come to an abrupt end.  Unasked for advice was as unwelcome as cole slaw made with oil instead of mayo.

Neil and Katherine would NOT be so proud and who gives a rats ass even if they would be?

Aria is trying to rip out her hearing aids after about an hour because they're uncomfortable, she's trying to rip them out because even an infant can only take so much high pitched oohing and ahhing and cooing.  

Edited by boes
  • Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Geez, I hope the appearance of Daniel's condo isn't Sally's work yet. Those colors and fabrics were totally fug to me.

Ditto comments upthread, poor knocked out Nikki looked raggedy. Gosh.

Not sure why Daniel was also encouraging Summer to pursue Chance. What's it to him?

Sharon said Chance looked wonderful. Woman, hush. Chance was FINE AF, as he always is. 🥰

Summer seemed to have gotten a sus vibe from Heather if that "say what now?" look on her face was any indication. Right there with ya, Summer.

Nate told Lily, Devon, and Jill the total unvarnished truth about getting fired by Victor. Good. There really wasn't any point in him trying to spin the story.

Shut up, Mamie. The cousins can reconcile without Nate returning to C/W. You are not the family's big baller, shot caller you think you are.

Today we learned Abby visited Chance when he was in the hospital but we didn't get to enjoy the scene. Darn.

So Claire knows Nikki is an alcoholic and is using her illness to control her. However, wouldn't mainlining vodka right into someone's veins kill them? <shudder>

Sharon was seriously not pleased to see Summer sashay into Society. Or to watch Chance grinning at Summer like she was dessert. Sucks to be you, Sharon, lol.

Dang, Abby, pump the brakes. You're not Chance's relationship manager. Leave Summer alone and let the two of them work out their obvious attraction to each other.

Nina mentioned Chance's apartment. When will we ever see it though? 🤔

Aunt Jordan! She isn't just a figment of Claire's nucking futz imagination. Let's go!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Aunt Jordan!

Colleen Zenk, now there's a blast from the ATWT past.

wouldn't mainlining vodka right into someone's veins kill them?

According to a paper published in the American Journal of Surgery (1984 Aug;148(2):266-9. doi: 10.1016/0002-9610(84)90235-6.; authored by JF Hansborough, RL Zapata-Sirvent, WJ Carroll, et all), alcohol can be administered intravenously to severely alcoholic burn patients in order to prevent withdrawal symptoms while they are being treated for their burns: "Our data suggest that the intravenous infusion of ethanol at rates of 0.02 to 0.06 g/kg per hour provides low but measurable blood alcohol levels (2 to 8 mg/100 ml), avoids sedation and toxic effects, and prevents the appearance of withdrawal symptoms in severely alcoholic burn patients."  Of course, administering alcohol via IV as a means of getting drunk is frowned upon, because its rapid absorption into your brain and other bodily systems can easily lead to severe alcohol poisoning, which can kill you.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 9

Dear Buttbiscuit;

You are my favorite columnist, like, ever. Dear Abby can suck it as far as I’m concerned. I’m afraid my boss, Nikki Newman, played a little prank on you by making you think I kidnapped her. Ha ha! Isn’t she a scamp? We’re actually in California meeting with a number of podcast producers. Maybe she was trying to do some guerilla marketing for the true crime podcasts we’re checking out? Everything is dandy fine and vengeance free. Keep up the excellent work!

Signed;

Pure as the Driven Snow

Dear Pure;

I suspect you’re lying through your teeth, though not about my superb writing and psychological insights. If you can believe it, I’m twice as handsome as I am talented. My greatest virtue is my humility. The truth is, I don’t personally care if you have kidnapped that pretentious bag of bitterness. At any given moment, there is an excess number of Newmans in Genoa City, so anything that relieves the bottleneck is fine by me. Seriously, where are all these Newman motherfuckers coming from? Enough already.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

Poor me! Me, me, me, me. Why should I suffer the misery of unrequited love? I’m Supergirl! Don’t you feel sorry for me? My mom does. My brother does. The heart wants what the heart wants, that’s what my parents always say before they steamroll over others to gratify their own needs. Everyone notices my attraction to the sexiest man in town and finds it fascinating; love just radiates from my pores, I guess. How long must I endure his MILF hunting ways before I take what I want? Ugh. He and his girlfriend probably talk about boring shit like life and stuff. Squirrel! Huh? Oh, my brother did not ask me to decorate his new place and I’m an international fashion bigwig! He asked that tacky Sally Spectra! I’m going to sneak into his penthouse and plaster it with Live Laugh Love signs. Take that!

Signed;

Supergirl

Dear Supergirl;

Interesting nickname. I don’t think the Justice League or the Avengers are going to be calling up a chick who can be felled by a jar of extra crunchy Skippy, but keep the dream alive, I guess. How dare you slag MILFs when you’re writing to Genoa City’s most eligible DILF. I guess if you’re pining for the sexiest man in town, you still have the hots for me. I get it. I really do. I’m like chicken pox; the first go round is a pleasant diversion, but then the desire for me to be all over you comes raging back like pure fire. That feeling is called “sex shingles” I am also like chicken pox in that I sometimes let myself be passed around at parties. Now, I don’t particularly care for Sally Spectra, mostly because she’s taking up space in my nemesis’ head when his thoughts could be focused on dominating me. Like psychologically. Maybe think about how you got to be a fashion “bigwig” in the first place and then quit complaining in the second place. Remember, you don’t always get what you want, but, sometimes, you get what you need. Dog willing, that means you’ll be getting pelted with raw ham steaks as you go about your business.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I had been overseeing my business remotely, mostly due to how fucking annoying  everyone in Genoa City is. My son was especially irritating, going from a lively, charming young man to a dour mortician who occasionally made nasal pornography for large sums of cash. Debbie Does Sinus was possibly his low point, although Booger Nights is considered to be a stain on the entire adult film profession. What kind of stain is left solely to your imagination. Upon my return, I find a former maid conspiring with a devious turtleneck to oust me so that her family could be in charge. It’s so bizarre and pointless. Another businessman in town gaslighted his entire family and is reaping rewards instead of consequences. Whatever happened to businesses operating normally and not having the organizational chart look exactly like the family tree? Now my company has to decide whether or not to accept a turncoat back into the fold. I’m thinking about voting yes just for kicks. This place has gotten too weird for me.

Signed;

Mother of a Naughty Nose

Dear Mother;

Wow. I hear a lot of judgments coming from you, and I think you may need to reconsider your perspective. Maybe your son was forced to make nasal erotica to pay off some large gambling debts. Or, perhaps, the movies were a cry for help from a boy ignored by his mother and judged by his siblings. You don’t know his life. I will wholeheartedly applaud letting the fox back into the henhouse, though, because I’m a fox who was able to go vegetarian and co-exist peacefully with the chickens. Corporate culture in Genoa City has devolved into an endless cycle of petty schemes and machinations with very little regard for for employees or stockholders where relevant. I dare say that the business community in Genoa City has collapsed in on itself, forming a supermassive black hole that sucks everyone in and refuses to release them. GC currently has a one doctor hospital and will soon shutter its police department if the rumors I’m hearing pan out. I can’t fathom how any of these companies make money. Have fun with your backstabber!

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I have recently returned to town and whooo baby, are things heating up with my ex! We’re practically tethered together with a chain of lightning, sparks flying for the world to see. We went through a rough patch where our daughter and I couldn’t even stand to live on the same continent with him. That was a very dark, very vague time that requires no explanation. Now he’s back to his old self and would probably dry hump my leg if I didn’t purposely tone down my charisma. He has been with someone else, and while this someone else did get me an interview for a cushy job, I’m afraid no amount of restraint can hold back the flood of passion and pleasure from sweeping me and my ex onto the shores of sex. I’m still blushing about his sister catching him undressing me with his eyes today. I’m sure my ex’s girlfriend will detect the searing heat as well and graciously bow out. I’m not doing anything wrong, right?

Signed;

Too Sexy For My (Legal) Briefs

Dear Sexy;

Shit. I fell asleep reading your letter and drooled all over my iPad. Let me just go over it again to make sure I gouggcrexrdcyhk. Sorry. Nodded off again. Let me get this straight; you and your ex went your separate ways due to unspecified bullshit that sounds like it was his fault. He gets his shit together and finds a new lady. You return, find him all cleaned up and presentable again, and decide you need to hop back on that ride. Try something new. Nick Newman is out there hooting and flashing his inflamed red buttocks at every gal with a pulse. My nephew could use a non-hat, non-McCall adjacent outlet for his happy pants. I will warn you: your personality is about as spicy as hot dog water. Work on that and get back to me.

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 11
53 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

My son was especially irritating, going from a lively, charming young man to a dour mortician who occasionally made nasal pornography for large sums of cash. Debbie Does Sinus was possibly his low point, although Booger Nights is considered to be a stain on the entire adult film profession

NinjaPenguins, how many times can you kill me ####DEAD####??  I don't know, either, but I can't ask you to not speak.  Especially words like Debbie Does Sinus and Booger Nights.

No, I cannot.  Not words inspired from On High.

Any chance "Dear ButtBiscuit" has a recipe booklet like "Dear Abby" does?  I'd love to know what sides he serves at Thanksgiving.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Is it a voluntary break, a work-related break, or doesn't the Y&R signal reach Seattle?

It's a physician recommended break.  Also, I am staying with my son and daughterinlaw and don't want them to ship me off to the looney bin for watching such dreck.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2