Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm In the Media: News, Ratings & Scheduling

I have noticed that it seems to rate well on download sites (even though it is on public NBC) and that is probably because they have some aspects where you have to watch each episode in sequence to understand it.

Congratulations to the Grimm cast and crew.

Pffft.  I suspect all fans complain about their shows, movies, etc... and also tell what they love or hate depending on the story.

• Love 1

So against all odds, Grimm gets another season. Good.

Great news for the cast and crew. I think it all came down to the fact that NBC owns Grimm and gets to keep all the money it makes, and the show apparently does well overseas. What also helps is that the ratings have been pretty stable these last couple of months.

I will complain about some of the poor writing at times, but I still like most of the characters and the actors. I would have stopped watching long ago if I didn't.

Oh hey, on yet ANOTHER note...does this mean we might actually get another Halloween episode?  The only time Grimm has done that was during season 2 - when it started in September and then took a long hiatus for the Summer Olympics.  Since the Summer Olympics are happening again (although I don't know the exact date), maybe it could work out...  I've always thought it was strange that, with that one exception, Grimm has never really acknowledged Halloween.

That would be excellent, and/or a Christmas one.  Love Monroe's decorating. 

• Love 1
(edited)

But the Summer Olys in 2012 were July 27 - August 2012 in London.  This year, in Rio (Southern Hemisphere) they're August 5 - 21.  The hiatus must've been for something else. Surely, not POTUS elections.  (We get Summy Olys, elections & leap year all the same year. An extra day for those excruciating campaigns!)

Winter Olys in Japan? 2014? Feb 7 - 23?

Edited by Prevailing Wind

That would be excellent, and/or a Christmas one.  Love Monroe's decorating. 

They received a lot of flak for not having a Christmas ep in season 5, so I would put money on them having one in season 6.

But the Summer Olys in 2012 were July 27 - August 2012 in London.  This year, in Rio (Southern Hemisphere) they're August 5 - 21.  The hiatus must've been for something else. Surely, not POTUS elections.  (We get Summy Olys, elections & leap year all the same year. An extra day for those excruciating campaigns!)

Winter Olys in Japan? 2014? Feb 7 - 23?

Really?  I watched that season after the fact, so I had the dates set up differently in my mind.  It must have been something else then.  Honestly, I don't think starting the season earlier is a bad idea.  By the time the Grimm premiere rolls around in late October, most people are already settled in with other shows.  The Halloween aspect--the excuse I've read is that they like to coincide the premiere with Halloween--doesn't make any sense since, besides once in season 2, they've never actually acknowledged Halloween.

• Love 1

I cannot believe that this show got another season.  These writers better start coalescing these splintered storylines.   I wish that the writers would re-watch S1 or ask Aleka Cooper for tips.  I feel secondhand embarrassment for the actors except Giuntoli and Tulloch.

I cannot believe that this show got another season.  These writers better start coalescing these splintered storylines.   I wish that the writers would re-watch S1 or ask Aleka Cooper for tips.  I feel secondhand embarrassment for the actors except Giuntoli and Tulloch.

A little aside, but I follow Akela Cooper on Twitter and IG and she is now writing for "American Horror Story."  

Yes, it really is strange that Grimm loses out to another show not taped in Portland!  I don't see Portlandia on the list?

I don't know if Portlandia is on OnDemand.  Also, among the people I know here, Portlandia is not nearly as widely watched as Grimm was.  (yes, past tense...)  Its sense of humor isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Another thing is--and this is to Grimm's credit--is that the cast and crew of Grimm has really done some great things in the community here.  The cast and crew of Portlandia tends to fly in for a few weeks each year and then goes back to LA or NY.

• Love 1

I don't know if Portlandia is on OnDemand.  Also, among the people I know here, Portlandia is not nearly as widely watched as Grimm was.  (yes, past tense...)  Its sense of humor isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Another thing is--and this is to Grimm's credit--is that the cast and crew of Grimm has really done some great things in the community here.  The cast and crew of Portlandia tends to fly in for a few weeks each year and then goes back to LA or NY.

I always think this is awesome, especially for the folks that actually get to meet the actors and crews!

• Love 3

Yes, it really is strange that Grimm loses out to another show not taped in Portland!  I don't see Portlandia on the list?

I just realized another Portland show isn't on the list...The Librarians (and I know that one is on OnDemand).  So, even if Grimm did lose to a bunch of bearded men who drink too much and smell bad**, it did at least do the best of the PDX-filmed shows.

**This is probably why people in Portland like Vikings.  It's familiar.

• Love 1

It is OnDemand on my cable provider.  In fairness to Portlandia's cast, they only do 10 half-hour episodes per year.  And Fred is a pretty big Portland booster.  They have a lot of other comedy and music work that takes them all over the place. 

It is OnDemand on my cable provider.  In fairness to Portlandia's cast, they only do 10 half-hour episodes per year.  And Fred is a pretty big Portland booster.  They have a lot of other comedy and music work that takes them all over the place. 

I'm not denying that...but they don't do much in the way of community building/charity work like Grimm does.  Sasha Roiz almost has a 2nd career with Doernbecher's, Tulloch does volunteer work with the OHS, SWM and RH and CC (and others) have all done a fair amount of cultural work.  I'm not saying that Portlandia's production is lazy or just "using" Portland, but their work doesn't extend much past the actual show.

"Also, among the people I know here, Portlandia is not nearly as widely watched as Grimm was.  (yes, past tense...)"

There is a Grimm connection to this skit. I live in Portland and a man where I work work  contributed his volvo to their Portland drivers sketch.

What happened is that his mechanic was a brother or cousin who works on Grimm, and Grimm crew socialize with Portlandia crew and they were looking for a Volvo, so they asked him and he lent it.  Edited by ottilie
  • Love 1

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/04/nbc-upcoming-episode-press-releases_11.html

"Bad Night" press release 

"GRIMM"
"BAD NIGHT"

05/06/2016 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Friday) : THE BALANCE OF POWER IS AT STAKE - SHAUN TOUB, SHARON LEAL, DAMIEN PUCKLER AND JACQUELINE TOBONI GUEST STAR - Nick (David Giuntoli) leans on Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) as he worries that he may lose everything as he continues to battle Black Claw. Renard (Sasha Roiz) ramps up his campaign as election time nears. Elsewhere, Adalind (Claire Coffee) is faced with a very difficult decision in order to protect her children. Meanwhile, Hank's (Russell Hornsby) relationship with Zuri (guest star Sharon Leal) takes an unexpected turn and Wu (Reggie Lee) tries to gain control of his new reality. Bitsie Tulloch also stars.

I'm thrilled that Grimm was renewed. Yes, it makes me crazy sometimes. But having just lost my other Friday night show, Sleepy Hollow, I want to hang onto Grimm a bit longer. (Yeah, I know that Sleepy Hollow wasn't cancelled.)

I'm thrilled that Grimm was renewed. Yes, it makes me crazy sometimes. But having just lost my other Friday night show, Sleepy Hollow, I want to hang onto Grimm a bit longer. (Yeah, I know that Sleepy Hollow wasn't cancelled.)

Who knows?  Grimm may turn itself around--many other shows have come back from a terrible season or two (or five) and actually improved themselves.  I'm hoping that the creative team looks at the ratings this year--they started out bad, like the worst of the show's history.  Now, however, they are starting to turn around.  Why?  Because the show is starting to go back to its roots a bit...and, HOPEFULLY, it is correcting some of its bad choices.

There were 2 developments this season that led ratings jumps.  The first was the return of Juliette/Eve, the second was Adalind becoming a hexenbiest again.  Now, the former actually had less of an impact--but it was also played up against the show forcing the Nick/Adalind aspect...so who knows.  Looking at this, with what limited information we have, I would say it looks like the viewers tended to want to have Juliette back, but they REALLY wanted Adalind to return to her former state and (stretching that a bit farther, and being a little biased) really wanted "Nadalind" to end.

Sleepy Hollow just killed off one of their main characters, and the fanbase is pissed as hell. Many fans are threatening to quit even if the show gets renewed. Just go over to the Sleepy Hollow section of this forum, or anywhere online too see their anger. The ratings are going to be pretty horrible if the show comes back next year.

Wow, now I realize maybe the Grimm writers weren't that stupid for repeatedly killing their main characters just bring them back to life. Sleepy Hollow and Grimm kind of have a lot in common, even though SH was way much popular in its first season, both shows had great first seasons that declined in quality every year.

I wanted Adalind and Juliette gone ages ago, but I realize even they might have fans. Keeping them alive for sooooo long might have be the reason this show is getting six seasons. There are advantages to never taking any risks like the Grimm writers.

Edited by icewolf

Nicole Baharie (SH) can act and BT can't. 

Juliette should have stayed dead at the end of s4 and Adalind could have died in childbirth.  Nick could have raised his son on his own with help from the Scooby gang and Diana could have shown up as Eric's daughter which would have freed my sexy pants Renard.

Grimm was given an intial 13 episode order for S6. NBC could decide to order more episodes once they get a feel for their schedule next year. However, as of now it appears as though S6 is probably the final season and may be an abbreviated season

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/04/grimm-season-6-13-episode-initial-order.html?m=1

Well, the ratings are sinking again, so it is probably for the best.  I honestly don't know how they can get themselves out of the mess they've written themselves into at this point.

Grimm was given an intial 13 episode order for S6. NBC could decide to order more episodes once they get a feel for their schedule next year. However, as of now it appears as though S6 is probably the final season and may be an abbreviated season

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/04/grimm-season-6-13-episode-initial-order.html?m=1

I predict happy ever after endings for all!

Nick and not dead Juliette.

Hank and his therapist.

Renard, Adalind and Diana will end up in Vienna.

Wu will find love.

Monroe and Rosalie will be pregnant.

I will try not to yell at the TV set!

Well, the ratings are sinking again, so it is probably for the best.  I honestly don't know how they can get themselves out of the mess they've written themselves into at this point.

I would have a wesen serial killer kill off the dead weight and leave Nick, Hank, Monroe, Rosalie, Renard, Kelly Jr and Bud.

After reading this article again, it sounds like Grimm may become a mid-season replacement (and that it does not DEFINITELY mean that season 6 is the last season, but I still think that's a safe assumption).  

I'm putting on my wishful thinking hat here, but maybe Grimm won't be coming back until 2017 to give the network in time to put new showrunners and writers in place?  One can only hope/dream....

• Love 1

After reading this article again, it sounds like Grimm may become a mid-season replacement (and that it does not DEFINITELY mean that season 6 is the last season, but I still think that's a safe assumption).  

I'm putting on my wishful thinking hat here, but maybe Grimm won't be coming back until 2017 to give the network in time to put new showrunners and writers in place?  One can only hope/dream....

I hope they take a hard look at the dead weight and kill off the characters that are not needed on the show.  

1) Nick should be written as a powerful Grimm and no more sticking his head up his ass.

2) Permanently wrap up Diana and the keys storyline.

3) Deal with BC and HW.

What's with this 13 episodes with maybe more crap? Either make it a 13 episode season or a 22 episode season.

NBC, don't do 13 episodes than decided to do more, forcing the writers to scramble to try to extend their season storyline for another 9 episodes. That will just be a mess.

FOX has it right with Bones, a 12 episode final season that writers will know ahead of time about so they can end the story on their own terms.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 2

I'm putting on my wishful thinking hat here, but maybe Grimm won't be coming back until 2017 to give the network in time to put new showrunners and writers in place?  One can only hope/dream....

I doubt that will happen, or that NBC even has the power to do that (or understands what's wrong with the show in the first place). In a perfect world, we'd get better writers who knew how to balance the crime-of-the-week stories with the overall mytharc of Black Claw and Hadrian's Wall. But this isn't an ideal world so if we have to live with the writers and producers we've got, they really need to drop the crime of the week stories and focus on wrapping up the main story lines for all the characters. I'd hate to see them blow those 13 episodes on more filler while Meisner, Eve, Renard etc. all sit around twiddling their thumbs like they've got all the time in the world to accomplish whatever the hell it is they're trying to do.

I doubt that will happen, or that NBC even has the power to do that (or understands what's wrong with the show in the first place). In a perfect world, we'd get better writers who knew how to balance the crime-of-the-week stories with the overall mytharc of Black Claw and Hadrian's Wall. But this isn't an ideal world so if we have to live with the writers and producers we've got, they really need to drop the crime of the week stories and focus on wrapping up the main story lines for all the characters. I'd hate to see them blow those 13 episodes on more filler while Meisner, Eve, Renard etc. all sit around twiddling their thumbs like they've got all the time in the world to accomplish whatever the hell it is they're trying to do.

As I said, that was wishful thinking on my part.  I agree that the chances that NBC would do this are slim to none.  However, they own the show and they *could* do it if they wanted to....

NBC pulled the same stunt with Community.  Each season was 13 episodes and had debuted in the spring.  NBC never ordered more than 13 episodes.  Community fans are hardcore, which is maybe why the show got 6 seasons. 

At this point, NBC is going to let Grimm crawl away and die somewhere.  No need to invest more in a show that's getting less than mediocre ratings for a Friday.  No need replace showrunners and writers for a proper farewell season. 

I predict happy ever after endings for all!

I think that you're right.  This show isn't complex, but the writers like the characters.  Nobody should die, and everybody lives happily ever after.  However, Juliette, Adalind, and (in my opinion), Nick are loathsome characters who don't deserve a happy ending. 

At this point, I wouldn't mind if this show pulled a Forever Knight.  Everybody dies except Renard.  (Wow, FK was such a twist.)

42 minutes ago, spaulding said:

I think that you're right.  This show isn't complex, but the writers like the characters.  Nobody should die, and everybody lives happily ever after.  However, Juliette, Adalind, and (in my opinion), Nick are loathsome characters who don't deserve a happy ending. 

Am I bad person to secretly harbor a wish that Nick gets dumped by BOTH Adalind and Julieve?  I liked (past tense) the guy, but this season has really made him hard to take (what little I've watched of it!)

• Love 2

I just hope the writers do the fans a solid and give us some kind of closure. More often than not, show-runners are motivated to end on a giant cliffhanger, even when they know there's a better than 50/50 chance the show's getting cancelled. They seem to think it will prompt the fans to write the network and demand another season. And as none of them want to lose their jobs, they're far more likely to try to force another season than they are to just throw in the towel. We usually only get season finales when the show itself has decided to end or is told in no uncertain terms it will be the last season.

• Love 2

What would be closure for this show though? Nick dies? Nick retires from being a Grimm? Nick gets married to idiot Adalind or idiot Eve?

The only real closure I can see is for Monore and Rosalee, they have kids and live happily ever after. Hey, the writers totally lucked out on writing the secondary couple of the show!

• Love 1

Didn't another show ..li think it was Park & Rec? ...end with a jump forward? Maybe they can jump forward several years -  mainly so that we can see Monroe and Rosalie  and their certain to be adorable little Fuchsbau/Blutbad  "pups". 

And the show ends with all the super speshul snowflake hexies blowing each other up so hard that Planet Namek Portland explodes and everyone dies except Monroe and Rosalee, who were on vacation in Tahiti at the time. And we all loled happily ever after.

What would be closure for this show though? Nick dies? Nick retires from being a Grimm? Nick gets married to idiot Adalind or idiot Eve?

Something along those lines, yes. At the very least I would hope for an ending to Black Claw and Hadrian's Wall, a resolution to whatever the hell Renard has been trying to accomplish for the past five seasons, a retrieval and relevant usage of the magic coins, and some kind of ultimate use for the magic stick. 

i just got a glimpse of Claire's Instagram where she is posing with her "daughter" , actress Hannah Loyd. So, the young lady actually is cute, and does bare a resemblance to Claire. When I saw Dian in her scene with Renard, I thought she looked a little ...odd?..maybe something about the smile. Anyway, maybe the writers wanted her to come off as creepy. Or, maybe the way they filmed her just did her a disservice...because she's actually a cute girl.