Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm In the Media: News, Ratings & Scheduling

20 hours ago, neuromom said:

Well, I actually wasn't joking. I am trying to be hopeful! Yet, if I were a betting person, I wouldn't bet even one cent that this well end well. 

What is the old adage of "people and train wrecks"? Something about being compelled to watch...so, I guess on that respect, there may be some "entertainment value " in it for me. I'm also someone who , once I get hooked on a show and have loyalty to it, I'll watch till the bitter end. And I suspect the end may be "bitter".

Well, I'm considering tuning back in for 2 reasons:

1 - I do really like the cast and I hope that the creative team gave them something worthwhile (or at least not embarrassing) for them to finish off the show.

2 -

Spoiler

It looks like "Nadalind" (blech) is ending and that was why I had quit watching in the first place.  I can put up with a lot, but that was just too much.  If they back off from that, I might be able to stomach what they do give us.

I am worried because the creative team insisted, as late as the day before the announcement, that they were not writing a "final" season.  Since they can't tie up anything else, I can't see how they can tie up the whole shebang.  I swear I won't watch another project from Kouf, Greenwalt, and/or Carpenter.

As I said, I adore everyone in the cast and I'll watch pretty much whatever they do after this.  With my luck, however, K/G/C will cast half of them in their next project.  Just to piss me off....

Edited by OtterMommy
Covering my spoiler-ish butt....
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, neuromom said:

Well, I actually wasn't joking. I am trying to be hopeful! Yet, if I were a betting person, I wouldn't bet even one cent that this well end well. 

What is the old adage of "people and train wrecks"? Something about being compelled to watch...so, I guess on that respect, there may be some "entertainment value " in it for me. I'm also someone who , once I get hooked on a show and have loyalty to it, I'll watch till the bitter end. And I suspect the end may be "bitter".

I watched two episodes of OAUT during the Fall of 2015 and called it quits.  The show jumped the shark with its own Robin Hood is raped / has a baby with Selena nonsense.  However, I stuck it out with Grimm in the hopes that the show would reverse course and fix their previous mistakes.  Sigh.  No such luck, but I will watch the remaining 13 episodes and think about how awesome s1 - s4 was before the hexenbiest crap with Juliette, Adalind and Diana. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I watched two episodes of OAUT during the Fall of 2015 and called it quits.  The show jumped the shark with its own Robin Hood is raped / has a baby with Selena nonsense.  However, I stuck it out with Grimm in the hopes that the show would reverse course and fix their previous mistakes.  Sigh.  No such luck, but I will watch the remaining 13 episodes and think about how awesome s1 - s4 was before the hexenbiest crap with Juliette, Adalind and Diana. 

Ditto for me with OUAT..except I gave it up much earlier (I think during Frozen) but there was just so much wrong with that show.  My son has been replaying the DVDs of S1 of Grimm. Made me wistful. It was SO good.

1 minute ago, neuromom said:

Ditto for me with OUAT..except I gave it up much earlier (I think during Frozen) but there was just so much wrong with that show.  My son has been replaying the DVDs of S1 of Grimm. Made me wistful. It was SO good.

I have you beat!  I made it through 3 episodes of OUAT!  I streamed it was already a few season in to Grimm, which was so much better (then).  I couldn't understand why anyone would watch something that was essentially, a self-promotion wank by ABC/Disney, when they could be watching something that was* so much more original and creative.  Why OUAT got the ratings it did is beyond me....

*past tense

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I have you beat!  I made it through 3 episodes of OUAT!  I streamed it was already a few season in to Grimm, which was so much better (then).  I couldn't understand why anyone would watch something that was essentially, a self-promotion wank by ABC/Disney, when they could be watching something that was* so much more original and creative.  Why OUAT got the ratings it did is beyond me....

*past tense

I totally get it. We are of the same mind on Nadalind, and OUAT was basically all "rapey" from season 1 with Regina. And she's made out to be a "heroine" TBH, I ONLY stuck with it for Robert Carlyle. But even he couldn't save it for me. Kinda like my love for Scott Bakula is not saving NCIS-NOLA for me.(seriously, without Grimm, I'm down to just two shows. And one is not even "must see") 

Like you, I enjoy the cast of Grimm, so I stick around for them. And, because I am determined to follow through with this series until the end. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, neuromom said:

I totally get it. We are of the same mind on Nadalind, and OUAT was basically all "rapey" from season 1 with Regina. And she's made out to be a "heroine" TBH, I ONLY stuck with it for Robert Carlyle. But even he couldn't save it for me. Kinda like my love for Scott Bakula is not saving NCIS-NOLA for me.(seriously, without Grimm, I'm down to just two shows. And one is not even "must see") 

Like you, I enjoy the cast of Grimm, so I stick around for them. And, because I am determined to follow through with this series until the end. 

Regina was always a villain until around s3?? and then she was in love with Robin Hood and that went to hell in a hurry.  The 2016 promo was back to evil Regina and I know Emma was evil or some crap.  Meh.  Whatever.  It looks like Grimm and OUAT have a history of changing characters back and forth from good to evil and back.  

• Love 1

Kinda like my love for Scott Bakula is not saving NCIS-NOLA for me.(seriously, without Grimm, I'm down to just two shows. And one is not even "must see") 

Agreeance. I'm down to Jeopardy!, House of Cards and three of the Amazon Prime original series - Bosch, Goliath & Mozart in the Jungle - and two of those are in hiatus. Currently, I'm re-re-watching my boxed set of Enterprise.  Love me some Scott Bakula.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Agreeance. I'm down to Jeopardy!, House of Cards and three of the Amazon Prime original series - Bosch, Goliath & Mozart in the Jungle - and two of those are in hiatus. Currently, I'm re-re-watching my boxed set of Enterprise.  Love me some Scott Bakula.

Taking this to the Spice Shop...

I have to admit that I'm a little scared of what is going to happen if I tune in (I'm leaning in that direction).  The creative team has taken this show places no show should ever go and they did so in an embarrassingly sloppy way.  I have no confidence that they'll end this series well.

I'm trying to be optimistic but I have the same worries. The last couple of seasons seem to demonstrate they don't really understand what the audience wants - or else follow some niche audience I never hear from. And it's also possible they're hoping for a Hulu pickup or something and won't even write a conclusion.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm trying to be optimistic but I have the same worries. The last couple of seasons seem to demonstrate they don't really understand what the audience wants - or else follow some niche audience I never hear from. And it's also possible they're hoping for a Hulu pickup or something and won't even write a conclusion.

This is a real fear....  I see comments everywhere about how Netflix or whatever should pick up the show and...I just don't agree.

First of all, just because Netflix (or Hulu or Amazon) put out a show doesn't mean it is any good.  Check out Easy on Netflix (Jacqueline Toboni is in the 2nd episode).  It is complete trash--and I've heard that there are worse shows out there.  Even without that, K/G/C have put this show in such a tight, messy, uncomfortable corner that I really don't think another entity could redeem it.  Maybe if NBC had had the balls to pull K/G/C after season 4 (although they should have done it before then...), redemption would seem more likely now.

Also, when a streaming service picks up a network show, it isn't like it ends the season on TV and starts the next season streaming.  The only show I can think of where that happened was The Mindy Project.  Otherwise...how long between when The Gilmore Girls went off the air before its Netflix reboot?  Arrested Development?  Full House?  I really wouldn't put it past these morons to write some big cliffhanger to end the series HOPING someone will pick it up--then the BEST CASE SCENARIO is that audiences have to wait 5-10 years for any resolution.

But, honestly, I think the cast at this point just wants to move on.  Russell Hornsby has already been cast in something else (check out the Grimm Cast in Other roles thread) and I've heard rumblings, which might be no more than fan speculation, that David Giuntoli might be in the running for the Inhumans.  So, who knows.  I mean, there is at least one cast member who seemed to have on foot out the door last season, so I can't seen a mad push by the cast to keep things going.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The last few seasons have been a waste of time tbh.

• Love 1

Ho, hum. And sigh.........that was the promo that's supposed to get me watching? The only reason I watch is to see this series through to its bitter end. I'm wondering how many viewers they lost between May and now that just won't care to tune back in. 

Seriously, back with the first few seasons I was depressed in May..counted the days till the Sept/Oct premiere. Now...well....I needed a reminder that it starts again next week....

• Love 1
12 hours ago, neuromom said:

Ho, hum. And sigh.........that was the promo that's supposed to get me watching? The only reason I watch is to see this series through to its bitter end. I'm wondering how many viewers they lost between May and now that just won't care to tune back in. 

Seriously, back with the first few seasons I was depressed in May..counted the days till the Sept/Oct premiere. Now...well....I needed a reminder that it starts again next week....

Yup.  I think Grimm has become that Bastard Stepchild of NBC (to be fair, I think it took over this role a few seasons ago...when they should have gotten ride of the showrunners and put in some capable writers).  The network has done little to no promotion of the show--95% of what I've seen has come from the actors.  I've been watching more than usual NBC this season (thanks to This is Us and *trying* to get into Timeless--but that show just gives me the late-Grimm feels...and the fact that one of the TV's at the gym is always tuned to NBC) and I have yet to see a single ad for the show.  Now, I've seen a lot of ads for the Wizard of Oz show that is airing at 9pm (so, um, when is Grimm on?  8?  10?), but nothing for Grimm.  At this point, I think they are just trying to let this die a quick death and giving it no oversight--which scares me because that means that Kouf/Greenwalt/Carpenter probably have a free pass for whatever sleazy thing they want to try.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OtterMommy said:

Yup.  I think Grimm has become that Bastard Stepchild of NBC (to be fair, I think it took over this role a few seasons ago...when they should have gotten ride of the showrunners and put in some capable writers).  The network has done little to no promotion of the show--95% of what I've seen has come from the actors.  I've been watching more than usual NBC this season (thanks to This is Us and *trying* to get into Timeless--but that show just gives me the late-Grimm feels...and the fact that one of the TV's at the gym is always tuned to NBC) and I have yet to see a single ad for the show.  Now, I've seen a lot of ads for the Wizard of Oz show that is airing at 9pm (so, um, when is Grimm on?  8?  10?), but nothing for Grimm.  At this point, I think they are just trying to let this die a quick death and giving it no oversight--which scares me because that means that Kouf/Greenwalt/Carpenter probably have a free pass for whatever sleazy thing they want to try.

Ugh! That's a frightening thought! I also watch This is Us, but it's def not "must see tv" (I view it as a nighttime soap) so my only other show is Speechless. I was really hoping against all odds for a decent final 13 for Grimm, but I doubt it's happening. In fact, I was thinking I should rewatch the last season finale so that I can remember where everything left off. It's been the better part of a year- I can't even remember it much! But, I don't think I'll waste my time. It appears that the final season may have little continuity with the May finale anyway. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

I'm real fuzzy on where we left off, and also don't think I can be bothered to rewatch.  It is kind of dead to me already.  That's too bad given how much I used to like it and look forward to it.

I've got to be honest...I just don't know.  I guess it is on at 8pm (again, it's the bastard child) which is just a bad time for me for live TV.  We cut our cable this summer, so I'd either have to watch it live or catch it on Hulu.  Since the live thing most likely isn't going to work for me, I think I'll hang around here to see what everyone says about what is going on and then decide if I want to watch it.

Really, it's heartbreaking.  Up until the beginning of season 5, this was the show I would make a point to watch life and was the one thing I looked forward to on TV.  Now, I've basically skipped a season (with no desire to go back and catch up) and I'm kind of meh on the rest of it. If it weren't for the fact that I really, really love the cast, I would have washed my hands of it ages ago.

19 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I'm real fuzzy on where we left off, and also don't think I can be bothered to rewatch.  It is kind of dead to me already.  That's too bad given how much I used to like it and look forward to it.

You didn't miss anything at all, in fact, the last few seasons have been kinda pointless.

Any of you interested in Emerald City which comes on right after Grimm on NBC?

NBC desperately wants EC be its Friday fantasy show replacement after Grimm is gone.

It looks like a wannabe Once Upon A Time, which nosedived very badly after its Frozen arc. That show has gotten SO bad with its villains worshiping.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, icewolf said:

NBC desperately wants EC be its Friday fantasy show replacement after Grimm is gone.

It looks like a wannabe Once Upon A Time, which nosedived very badly after its Frozen arc. That show has gotten SO bad with its villains worshiping.

No.  

If NBC wants my eyeballs, they should have stepped in and nixed Nick being raped, Juliette setting up Kelly and the neighbors, Grimmabago being killed off and rape baby Kelly Jr.   NBC should have stepped in and found someone that loved Grimm like the fans prior to all of the BS that was written in s4!

Rant.Over!

Oh.  I dropped OUAT after the first Fall 2015 episode and have not been back.  I could not stand Serena's raping Robin Hood and having his kid.  Gross.  Emma was getting on my last nerve with her bitchy behind and the way she spoke to Robin, Charming and Snow.

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, icewolf said:

I'm kind of surprised NBC didn't put Emerald City on a better night, Fridays are considered dump nights on tv land.

You can say Grimm survived so long because it was a Friday show.

I wonder if they would want Fridays for shows that are considered to be from the Fantasy/Sci-fi genre? I know that NBC has always kind of struggled with their ratings since like the late 1990s/2000s when a lot of their acclaimed/popular shows came to their end (like ER, Frasier,  Friends, Seinfeld, etc...) and even most of their Law & Order shows are now off the air, except for SVU. I mean The Blacklist isn't bad (and it's always nice to see the voice of Ultron acting as a morally gray good guy)  and that other show is also kind of doing well- in terms of TV ratings but those shows are not Fantasy/Sci-fi) and I wonder if they feel that Emerald City could fill in that Friday time slot once Grimm leaves?

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, icewolf said:

I thought Emerald City was a limited series?  Oh well, I'm actually interested in it, simply because I grew up being obsessed with The Wizard of Oz.  However, NBC allowed the show runners to ruin Grimm, so I'm not willing to invest too much into Emerald City at this point.  

The sad thing is that Grimm had such potential and could have been one of those shows that went on for years--except NBC didn't have the desire or savvy or balls to pull the show runners when they started steering the show off track.  It seems to me--and I really don't watch that many shows, so I could be wrong on this--that NBC has that problem.  They don't seem to be willing to actually *fix* a show when it starts going wrong--and Grimm is not the first show on NBC that I've seen this happen to.  There is another show, on another network, that I watch that had a great (albeit unluckily timed) premise and a strong first or second episode before it started to nosedive.  However, that network decided to pull the show runners and put someone else in charge when it comes back for the second half of its first season.  I'm not sure if that is enough to save the show (again, the timing of the show is unfortunate), but I do at least admire the fact that the network was willing to step in.

If NBC had any interest in getting Grimm to its full potential, it should have pulled the show runners after season 3.  That's when they started to get away from the procedural aspect of the show, the royals story line was starting to spin out of control, a character was introduced without any purpose, babies started to appear, rape #2 happened (unless the show is SVU or something, I think it should be limited to 1 rape involving main characters), and the show runners are talking about how they've "run out" of material.

But no...instead they gave the show runners a development contract.  Sigh.

I've put a lot of blame on the writing and directing of this show--and I stand by that.  But NBC definitely bears some responsibility as well.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I thought Emerald City was a limited series?  Oh well, I'm actually interested in it, simply because I grew up being obsessed with The Wizard of Oz.  However, NBC allowed the show runners to ruin Grimm, so I'm not willing to invest too much into Emerald City at this point.  

The sad thing is that Grimm had such potential and could have been one of those shows that went on for years--except NBC didn't have the desire or savvy or balls to pull the show runners when they started steering the show off track.  It seems to me--and I really don't watch that many shows, so I could be wrong on this--that NBC has that problem.  They don't seem to be willing to actually *fix* a show when it starts going wrong--and Grimm is not the first show on NBC that I've seen this happen to.  There is another show, on another network, that I watch that had a great (albeit unluckily timed) premise and a strong first or second episode before it started to nosedive.  However, that network decided to pull the show runners and put someone else in charge when it comes back for the second half of its first season.  I'm not sure if that is enough to save the show (again, the timing of the show is unfortunate), but I do at least admire the fact that the network was willing to step in.

If NBC had any interest in getting Grimm to its full potential, it should have pulled the show runners after season 3.  That's when they started to get away from the procedural aspect of the show, the royals story line was starting to spin out of control, a character was introduced without any purpose, babies started to appear, rape #2 happened (unless the show is SVU or something, I think it should be limited to 1 rape involving main characters), and the show runners are talking about how they've "run out" of material.

But no...instead they gave the show runners a development contract.  Sigh.

I've put a lot of blame on the writing and directing of this show--and I stand by that.  But NBC definitely bears some responsibility as well.

Well, I do agree that the show needed new showrunners (and new writers and directors- just basically the whole creative team, behind the screen needed an overhaul, IMO) but I don't think that most networks (at least nowadays) would want to interfere too much only because there seems to be a backlash towards the idea of "the suits are interfering with the creative decisions of the show..." Which sucks because if that was the case then you have the stuck in between a rock and a hard place situation (where if they did force out the showrunners there could've been a backlash and if they don't then they end up with this situation). 

4 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

Well, I do agree that the show needed new showrunners (and new writers and directors- just basically the whole creative team, behind the screen needed an overhaul, IMO) but I don't think that most networks (at least nowadays) would want to interfere too much only because there seems to be a backlash towards the idea of "the suits are interfering with the creative decisions of the show..." Which sucks because if that was the case then you have the stuck in between a rock and a hard place situation (where if they did force out the showrunners there could've been a backlash and if they don't then they end up with this situation). 

True.  As audiences, we don't know what is going on.  It could have been that NBC was giving the show runners all sorts of notes that they chose to ignore.  Or maybe NBC was giving them all sort of notes and THAT is where all this crap came from (which makes me less likely to want to watch Emerald City).  Or maybe NBC was just completely hands off with Grimm, figuring it was doing "good enough" for Friday night, so why bother?

There have been and are good shows on NBC, so I can't say that the entire network is a failure...but they did fail, in whatever way, with Grimm.

• Love 1

I think Grimm was in a weird place where ratings were good enough for several seasons but not high enough to gain much interest from NBC. If Grimm was a huge hit, you can bet NBC would be all over the show.

Being on Friday definitely helped the show in terms of lower ratings expectations.

Edited by icewolf
9 minutes ago, icewolf said:

I think Grimm was in a weird place where ratings were good enough for several seasons but not high enough to gain much interest from NBC. If Grimm was a huge hit, you can bet NBC would be all over the show.

Being on Friday definitely helped the show in terms of lower ratings expectations.

This kind of begs the question--and I don't know if we can answer this--were the ratings low because the show was on Friday (well, before season 4) or were the ratings an accurate representation of the show and the fact that it was on Friday gave it more leeway?

5 hours ago, icewolf said:

I'm kind of surprised NBC didn't put Emerald City on a better night, Fridays are considered dump nights on tv land.

You can say Grimm survived so long because it was a Friday show.

Grimm and Blue Bloods are the only shows that I watch on Friday's.  So, I'll have a two hour window of nothing to watch on Friday's once Grimm leaves in May.  Boo!  Well, I could watch Food network!

2 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

True.  As audiences, we don't know what is going on.  It could have been that NBC was giving the show runners all sorts of notes that they chose to ignore.  Or maybe NBC was giving them all sort of notes and THAT is where all this crap came from (which makes me less likely to want to watch Emerald City).  Or maybe NBC was just completely hands off with Grimm, figuring it was doing "good enough" for Friday night, so why bother?

There have been and are good shows on NBC, so I can't say that the entire network is a failure...but they did fail, in whatever way, with Grimm.

Yeah, it all boils down to, "we just don't know" but maybe later, (and probably after this show has been off the air for a long while) people behind the scenes will talk about working on Grimm and maybe, just maybe we can find out what was the deal behind the network not yanking the showrunners. 

Edit: 

I just want to say that replacing showrunners, seems like a rare thing on TV- even for cable shows. And that it seems that the majority just leave out of their own accord and not because their network/station fired them. 

Edited by TVSpectator

I was a huge fan of Sleepy Hollow and only watched four episodes at the beginning of last season.  The show went off the rails when they started pushing Crane's wife and his evil son in s1 / s2 and now both are dead.  I think SH brought in new show runners or maybe the network stepped in and cleaned house.  I do know that networks have yanked show runners several times in the last two years, especially where the show seems popular.

• Love 2

All I said was that it seems that replacing a showrunner (or showrunners)- by firing- seems like a rare thing to happen. It seems that most showrunners just leave their shows and move onto other projects without it being announced that they were fired. Maybe if the network has a lot riding on the show, they may force the showrunners out but overall, it seems like a rare thing.

15 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

I was a huge fan of Sleepy Hollow and only watched four episodes at the beginning of last season.  The show went off the rails when they started pushing Crane's wife and his evil son in s1 / s2 and now both are dead.  I think SH brought in new show runners or maybe the network stepped in and cleaned house.  I do know that networks have yanked show runners several times in the last two years, especially where the show seems popular.

These shows and OuaT to an extent are complete trainwrecks that have gotten worse each season with incompetent writers that only dig themselves a bigger hole each time they try to 'fix' the show.

15 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

All I said was that it seems that replacing a showrunner (or showrunners)- by firing- seems like a rare thing to happen. It seems that most showrunners just leave their shows and move onto other projects without it being announced that they were fired. Maybe if the network has a lot riding on the show, they may force the showrunners out but overall, it seems like a rare thing.

Eh.  You're probably right and show runners just leave when the network steps in or they just run off to a new job.  It takes a lot of effort and work to get a new show on TV and then to just mess it up seems like poor judgement.

15 hours ago, Free said:

These shows and OuaT to an extent are complete trainwrecks that have gotten worse each season with incompetent writers that only dig themselves a bigger hole each time they try to 'fix' the show.

I read where SH killed off Abby and now there is some new chick on the show in a screenshot with Crane.  I thought Crane and Abby were hot and the show just kept on pushing the witchy wife and son.  Boo!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Little Diana joining in the photo sends this into totally adorable.

Agreed! I'm not going to fault the actress for what the showrunners are doing with her character. The cast of Grimm are great, and I bet it's great fun for her to be around a great group of people. And she does look like she could be related to Claire! 

1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Eh.  You're probably right and show runners just leave when the network steps in or they just run off to a new job.  It takes a lot of effort and work to get a new show on TV and then to just mess it up seems like poor judgement.

I see read where SH killed off Abby and now there is some new chick on the show in a screenshot with Crane.  I thought Crane and Abby were hot and the show just kept on pushing the witchy wife and son.  Boo!

Oh it gets worse, they made the show so bland and dull, set it in DC and lost the whole creepy small town feeling it had going on, and then dumped in a generic team.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Free said:

Oh it gets worse, they made the show so bland and dull, set it in DC and lost the whole creepy small town feeling it had going on, and then dumped in a generic team.

I pretty much don't watch SH anymore, but I did check out long before they killed off Abby (and why the hell would they do that). As with this show I don't know; I mean the stuff here seems worse or just the same crap on what they are doing on SH. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I like ratings, don't see the harm I posting them.

Thank you for posting the ratings, I really do appreciate it but like I said, this show is basically done for. It's in its last season and NBC is probably already looking for something it can replace it with (maybe reruns of Law & Order and/or the Blacklist would be better than this show). 

On a sidenote:

I also like posting and talking about ratings but this show is going out the door and NBC is probably already looking on what to replace it with. It's no disrespect to you but I am so done with this show and I am glad that its going to be over soon. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

I pretty much don't watch SH anymore, but I did check out long before they killed off Abby (and why the hell would they do that). As with this show I don't know; I mean the stuff here seems worse or just the same crap on what they are doing on SH. 

It is, SH just seems worse imo, but both along with OuaT are all terrible.

• Love 1

Since Grimm was a "trending topic" on FB, I flipped through the posts and comments , and ALL the ones that I was able to read were all very positive. Many people "so sad" that the show is ending. There apparently is a group that believes that this show is still the "brilliant awesome" show that it was in season 1. I feel like I'm in the minority in critiquing it. However, based on viewer numbers, I imagine a very large group has fallen away , with no desire to even comment anymore. 

I have this love/hate thing with the show myself. I can totally see how it's gone off the rails (heck, my 15 year old didn't even WATCH last night, and it was MUST SEE tv for 4 seasons). Seriously, I have collectors cards from S1 and s2. And we had t shirs, I had a sweatshirt, and my son had a Grimm hat, back in the day.

i am "so so sad"- not of the cancellation, but because the show I loved and obsessed over is dying a slow painful , messy, death.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, neuromom said:

Since Grimm was a "trending topic" on FB, I flipped through the posts and comments , and ALL the ones that I was able to read were all very positive. Many people "so sad" that the show is ending. There apparently is a group that believes that this show is still the "brilliant awesome" show that it was in season 1. I feel like I'm in the minority in critiquing it. However, based on viewer numbers, I imagine a very large group has fallen away , with no desire to even comment anymore. 

I have this love/hate thing with the show myself. I can totally see how it's gone off the rails (heck, my 15 year old didn't even WATCH last night, and it was MUST SEE tv for 4 seasons). Seriously, I have collectors cards from S1 and s2. And we had t shirs, I had a sweatshirt, and my son had a Grimm hat, back in the day.

i am "so so sad"- not of the cancellation, but because the show I loved and obsessed over is dying a slow painful , messy, death.

I noticed it was trending as well last night...then I noticed how many were posting about it, at it really was pretty small (about 3K).  I think it just popped up on the trending topics because there was a spike, due to the show actually being on.

I'm with you...I'm not sad because the show is ending.  Frankly, in retrospect it should have ended at the end of s4.  I'm mourning the fact that a show I once loved is now just limping to the finish line in the worst possible way.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Free said:

Wow.  I was annoyed when Abby's sister showed up, but slowly came around to liking the character and the blonde hair guy was hot!    SH has clearly gone off the rails!

2 hours ago, neuromom said:

LOL.  I don't have any Grimm souvenirs, but this little show was a fantastic way to wind down for the weekend and now it will be gone.  Boo!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Wow.  I was annoyed when Abby's sister showed up, but slowly came around to liking the character and the blonde hair guy was hot!    SH has clearly gone off the rails!

LOL.  I don't have any Grimm souvenirs, but this little show was a fantastic way to wind down for the weekend and now it will be gone.  Boo!

I always liked the Wesen of the week story and I didn't mind the Royals that much. It wasn't until that horrible storyline about Adalind posing as Juliette and sleeping with Nick came into the picture that this show went down hill. Hell, even the resistance/baby was okay/tolerable (to me) until that rape storyline. 

• Love 3