Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm In the Media: News, Ratings & Scheduling

"Mad About You" did a flash-forward ending, too.

I am bummed about the season finale being two hours long. I'm leaving on vacation on Saturday, and I need to be out of bed & ready to hit the road pre-dawn.  I'll NEVER get enough sleep if I have to stay up til 11.

No, I don't have a DVR. (Well, I do, but it doesn't connect with my Mohu Leaf antenna unless I get a special converter box and it's just not THAT important to do so.) Perhaps I can stream it a few days later, while I'm resting in a hotel room. (?)

On 4/29/2016 at 5:06 PM, icewolf said:

What would be closure for this show though? Nick dies? Nick retires from being a Grimm? Nick gets married to idiot Adalind or idiot Eve?

The only real closure I can see is for Monore and Rosalee, they have kids and live happily ever after. Hey, the writers totally lucked out on writing the secondary couple of the show!

Nick is alone raising Kelly Jr.

5 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

"Mad About You" did a flash-forward ending, too.

I am bummed about the season finale being two hours long. I'm leaving on vacation on Saturday, and I need to be out of bed & ready to hit the road pre-dawn.  I'll NEVER get enough sleep if I have to stay up til 11.

No, I don't have a DVR. (Well, I do, but it doesn't connect with my Mohu Leaf antenna unless I get a special converter box and it's just not THAT important to do so.) Perhaps I can stream it a few days later, while I'm resting in a hotel room. (?)

Look on the bright side, you're going on vacation and the season finale will probably be rage inducing poop.

• Love 2

Looks like Grimm is coming back in Fall 2016, and not midseason like some people were predicting. The show will probably finish up in January 2017 if that 13 episode season news is true.

http://tvline.com/2016/05/15/nbc-fall-tv-lineup-2016-blindspot-wednesday/

FRIDAY
8 pm Caught on Camera With Nick Canon
9 pm Grimm
10 pm Dateline

On tap for midseason or later: Returning series Shades of Blue, Celebrity Apprentice and The Carmichael Show, new comedies Trial & Error, Great News, Powerless and Marlon, and new dramas Chicago Justice, Taken, Midnight Texas, Emerald City and The Blacklist: Redemption

11 minutes ago, icewolf said:

Looks like Grimm is coming back in Fall 2016, and not midseason like some people were predicting. The show will probably finish up in January 2017 if that 13 episode season news is true.

http://tvline.com/2016/05/15/nbc-fall-tv-lineup-2016-blindspot-wednesday/

FRIDAY
8 pm Caught on Camera With Nick Canon
9 pm Grimm
10 pm Dateline

On tap for midseason or later: Returning series Shades of Blue, Celebrity Apprentice and The Carmichael Show, new comedies Trial & Error, Great News, Powerless and Marlon, and new dramas Chicago Justice, Taken, Midnight Texas, Emerald City and The Blacklist: Redemption

The fact that it is coming back in the fall and not January could actually be good news.  That way, NBC can still extend the order.

That being said, the ratings this season continue to plummet and the show is in such a mess that I don't know how they'll ever be able to sort it out, especially if they only have 13 episodes.  In any case, I wish that NBC would either just extend the order (which I doubt they would do, considering the abysmal ratings) or just call the 13 episodes it.  As long as the future of the show is up in the air, the writers will probably "keep their options open" which means MORE unfinished story lines and NOTHING wrapped up.

• Love 1

FOX just announced that Sleepy Hollow is coming back midseason on Fridays at 9PM, so if Grimm if getting a full expanded 22 episode season it will have SH as competition in its second half

44 minutes ago, icewolf said:

FOX just announced that Sleepy Hollow is coming back midseason on Fridays at 9PM, so if Grimm if getting a full expanded 22 episode season it will have SH as competition in its second half

Just curiosity on my part...I don't watch Sleepy Hollow and I wasn't paying too much attention to both show's ratings, but do you think that Sleepy Hollow had an effect on the ratings for Grimm this season?  

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

They didn't air at the same time, this season.  When SH was moved to Fridays, it aired at 8PM.

Thank you!

Speaking of ratings, here are the adjusted final ratings for Friday night:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/05/final-adjusted-tv-ratings-for-friday_16.html

Congrats, Grimm.  You hit a new low...not for the season, but for the series.  Not what you want going into your finale and definitely not what you want if you are fighting for a full 22 episodes next season.

just popped in to say that I was just checking my Facebook, and what should pop up at me but Bitsie "live" , answering questions. ( i'm posting this here because Facebook is "media " ) going to the "spoiler" board to post more....

5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

There doesn't appear to be a start date for Grimm this fall; here's a TV Line article about returning NBC shows and Grimm isn't mentioned:

http://tvline.com/2016/06/15/nbc-premiere-dates-fall-2016-blindspot/?ref=yfp

I wonder if this means it will be held back until 2017 mid-season. 

Maybe the extra time will allow the writers to pull their collective heads out of the sand and rethink how they write this show if they want more episodes past the original 13.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

It is not listed as on tap for midseason or later, either.  Accidental omission?  Are they already shooting in Portland?

They aren't shooting now, they usually start shooting in mid to late July.  And, judging from IG accounts, everyone is off doing other things (Sasha Roiz--traveling the world, Claire Coffee--touring with her husband, David Giuntoli--doing some Cons down under, Bitsie Tulloch--filming a movie in Utah).

I don't know...can a network cancel a show after they announce that they've renewed it?

37 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

They aren't shooting now, they usually start shooting in mid to late July.  And, judging from IG accounts, everyone is off doing other things (Sasha Roiz--traveling the world, Claire Coffee--touring with her husband, David Giuntoli--doing some Cons down under, Bitsie Tulloch--filming a movie in Utah).

I don't know...can a network cancel a show after they announce that they've renewed it?

Yep. Still bitter that VH1 did that to Hindsight. It could also possibly get the CBS/Person of Interest treatment: held over as a summer burnoff.

Yikes. I think the way the network handles when to let the show start back, and how they announce it, will tell us everything we need to know about its fate. Honestly, I was all but sure that this last season would be it, and was surprised to hear NBC was giving it another shot. 

Usually the premier date is right around Halloween, but with the announcement of the start of all those other shows in October I don't know why Grimm wouldn't be among them if it were coming back on 10/28. Who knows, maybe just an oversight.

(edited)

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/686629-nbc-2016-2017-primetime-schedule-announced

According to this link, Grimm is still on the Fall Schedule.  I checked the link @Darklazr posted at it might just be that the schedule that article had ended on 10/11 and Grimm usually starts after that.

ETA: Apparently Bitsie Tulloch has announced the premiere date is 10/28

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/06/grimm-season-6-premiere-date-revealed.html

Edited by OtterMommy

And, in other news, Bitsie Tulloch is now professionally Elizabeth Tulloch.  I'm not sure why the change at this point in her career (she may not be an A-lister, but she does have an established credits list), but there you go.

• Love 2

Maybe she feels she can be taken more seriously as Elizabeth.  Every time I read Bitsie I think of an American Girl doll baby, even though I know those were Bitty Babies.  Maybe that's petty of me, but you know how name associations are. 

I can't even imagine why a grown woman would want to go by Bitsie in the first place, but you have to admit it makes her stand out more than Elizabeth. Dunno, I'd have stuck with it at this point. Especially since she's no big shakes to begin with.

3 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Maybe she feels she can be taken more seriously as Elizabeth.  Every time I read Bitsie I think of an American Girl doll baby, even though I know those were Bitty Babies.  Maybe that's petty of me, but you know how name associations are. 

That is what I was thinking, that she might be taken more seriously.  But, as @Lii said, Elizabeths are a dime a dozen and "Bitsie" does at least stand out.  It just seems strange to change it now.  Say what you want about her, but she does have two TV shows under her belt (although one was short-lived and the other is crashing and burning), and several movies--including one that won the Best Picture Oscar and, even if her name changes in the credits for Grimm (which I assume it will), all those other works will still be under Bitsie. 

(edited)
On 6/21/2016 at 3:17 PM, OtterMommy said:

And, in other news, Bitsie Tulloch is now professionally Elizabeth Tulloch.  I'm not sure why the change at this point in her career (she may not be an A-lister, but she does have an established credits list), but there you go.

Maybe movies are BT's strong suit, because I just can't with the actress or her characters on Grimm.

Edited by Darklazr

TVLine has an article up with some spoiler-y stuff, so beware if you're a spoiler-phobe.

However, a couple of little pieces that aren't spoilery (and I loved the second one!);

If Silas Weir Mitchell has his way, Grimm‘s Monroe and Rosalee will have not one child, but a “litter” of Wesen when the couple’s pregnancy comes to term.

Mitchell and co-star Bree Turner addressed the issue during the NBC supernatural drama’s Comic-Con panel Saturday in San Digeo.

“I just hope it’s a litter,” Mitchell joked, to Turner’s horror. “I’ll help nurse!”

“I like the sound of litter,” co-creator David Greenwalt, with co-star Sasha Roiz interjecting, “Bree’s just knitting a dozen little cardigans!”

* Greenwalt reminisced that Wu wasn’t originally in the show; Lee read for the part of Hank, but when they decided to go with Hornsby, “What did we do? We created a part for Reggie Lee.”

I'm not sure if this should go here or in the Spice Shop, so feel free to move it if needed.

Anyway, I just read that David Giuntoli and Elizabeth Tulloch are engaged.  They've been engaged since April, but just went public with it tonight at SDCC.  Congrats to them!

I'd put a link to it here, but I'm typing this up on my phone.....

Why would it matter what David calls her? How she wants to identify herself professionally now and what David calls her in their personal life or what people call her at work are very different things. I doubt that any friends or coworkers suddenly started calling her Elizabeth.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

So, I guess this is it....

The show in my head is always better!

I wish the cast and crew well!

On a serious note, let's see how much the writers eff up the last 13 episodes.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

The show in my head is always better!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one....

On a serious note, let's see how much the writers eff up the last 13 episodes.

Yeah, who knows.  They had a great premise and were able to keep it going for about 3 seasons before doing a complete faceplant and, frankly, I don't have any confidence in them to end this well.  Unfortunately, I suspect that it will come down to the Nick/Juliette/Adalind love triangle that NO ONE wants and, honestly, I don't know where they are going with it.

I do hope that the cast all find new "homes" soon, though!  As a Portland suburbanite, it will be sad to see the show leave my area....

On another sad note, I'm guessing that we won't get a final Monroe-style Christmas...unless we get it sometime in April or May....  (And I wonder if we'll actually ever see the Monrosalee pup now....)

Edited by OtterMommy

I'm so glad I'm not the only one....

Yeah, who knows.  They had a great premise and were able to keep it going for about 3 seasons before doing a complete faceplant and, frankly, I don't have any confidence in them to end this well.  Unfortunately, I suspect that it will come down to the Nick/Juliette/Adalind love triangle that NO ONE wants and, honestly, I don't know where they are going with it.

I do hope that the cast all find new "homes" soon, though!  As a Portland suburbanite, it will be sad to see the show leave my area....

On another sad note, I'm guessing that we won't get a final Monroe-style Christmas...unless we get it sometime in April or May....  (And I wonder if we'll actually ever see the Monrosalee pup now....)

LOL.  I am sure we're not the only ones that think Grimm is better written in our heads than what is onscreen.  

• Love 3

Here is Kristi Turnquist's piece on this:

http://www.oregonlive.com/tv/2016/08/portland-filmed_grimm_will_end.html

Honestly, the 6th season doesn't sound great to me.  I can get behind a Nick/Renard battle--but I just cannot stomach more Nadalind--or at least more Nick and Adalind.  I think if Adalind were a better character I might be able hang in there but, as much as I like Claire Coffee, Adalind just makes me want to lose my lunch.

I guess I'll hang around for the recaps and forum talk before deciding whether or not to watch.

On another note, I'm surprised that this in NBC's second longest running drama....

• Love 1

Here is Kristi Turnquist's piece on this:

http://www.oregonlive.com/tv/2016/08/portland-filmed_grimm_will_end.html

Honestly, the 6th season doesn't sound great to me.  I can get behind a Nick/Renard battle--but I just cannot stomach more Nadalind--or at least more Nick and Adalind.  I think if Adalind were a better character I might be able hang in there but, as much as I like Claire Coffee, Adalind just makes me want to lose my lunch.

I guess I'll hang around for the recaps and forum talk before deciding whether or not to watch.

On another note, I'm surprised that this in NBC's second longest running drama....

I am clearly clueless about this show after watching since day one, because apparently fans have been waiting for a Nick vs Renard battle?!  Ummm.  What about Nick and Renard's confrontation in s2 after Nick learned the Captain's real identity?  I could have sworn there was a huge blowout between the Captain and Detective or maybe that was all in my head?

Nick and Adalind or Nick and Juliette?  The only romantic pair that I will root for is Monroe and Rosalie, and let's hope the writers don't trash that in the end.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Darklazr said:

I am clearly clueless about this show after watching since day one, because apparently fans have been waiting for a Nick vs Renard battle?!  Ummm.  What about Nick and Renard's confrontation in s2 after Nick learned the Captain's real identity?  I could have sworn there was a huge blowout between the Captain and Detective or maybe that was all in my head?

Nick and Adalind or Nick and Juliette?  The only romantic pair that I will root for is Monroe and Rosalie, and let's hope the writers don't trash that in the end.  

So, I'm okay with the Nick/Renard battle because it isn't completely ridiculous.  I mean it is still ridiculous, made so by the existence of seasons 2-4, but if you were just to watch season 1 and season 5/6, it would make sense.  Plus, they are actually giving Renard a place in the spotlight, something he should have had the entire time.

So, I'm okay with the Nick/Renard battle because it isn't completely ridiculous.  I mean it is still ridiculous, made so by the existence of seasons 2-4, but if you were just to watch season 1 and season 5/6, it would make sense.  Plus, they are actually giving Renard a place in the spotlight, something he should have had the entire time.

Yes, Renard and Nick were at odds in s1, but there was no need for them to be in s5.  Nick, Hank and Wu chose NOT to tell their commanding officer about Chavez and BC.  Renard would have been suspicious of Rachel from the very beginning and not after he killed Marwan.  Okay, mini rant over.

I am thrilled SR is getting some meaty material, because he and Silas are the strongest actors on the show.  Let's hope Renard cleans Nick's clock!

• Love 2

Well, I'm not surprised. It lost it's way and was so determined to keep Juliette and expand her role it pretty much hammered this best parts of the show. I will just remember it was all good until Zombie!Nick and they didn't so anything with that. Alas. I just want Hank to survive to the end. 

I think it went off the rails when they made Adalind pregnant with Nick's baby.  It was all downhill from there.  There were problems before that, the zombie!Nick storyline that never went anywhere, taking way too long to flesh out the mythology of the keys and the Royals (or maybe never doing it at all - I didn't watch season five), the long drawn-out Adalind pregnancy storyline in season three, Juliette's amnesia in season two.  But I think Adalind being pregnant with Nick's baby was the point where it just totally went off the rails.  It's too bad, because up until then I enjoyed the show in spite of its issues.  

• Love 10