Type keyword(s) to search

S45.E15: Daniel Craig/The Weeknd

• Start Topic

Pete Davidson guest starred on the Nathan Fillion show, "The Rookie" this Sunday, so a legitimate reason for him to be absent.

On 3/8/2020 at 1:37 AM, Arkay said:

So, Pete Davidson was missing from the entire show?

• Useful 2
On 3/8/2020 at 6:42 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Loved the Liz Warren cameo. She deserved so much better.

I supported her, but even I, as a supporter, was saying to myself: "If this was the Liz Warren we'd been seeing in the campaign, she'd be on her way to president right now." Seems like an old story. Once they're no longer running, they're relaxed, human, relatable, appealing, in a manner that would have made them the perfect candidate if only they could have accessed that side of themselves when they were a candidate.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Beezella said:

Pete Davidson guest starred on the Nathan Fillion show, "The Rookie" this Sunday, so a legitimate reason for him to be absent.

Do you mean he appeared in this Sunday's episode of The Rookie? Or he was filming an episode last week? If it aired this week, it was almost certainly filmed at least six weeks ago.

• Love 6

Well I must be the complete opposite from all you guys, the accent sketch was boring me till they started puking - I was laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants lol 

• Love 1

Cecily took GYWYHSACWAAP out of storage? This is absolutely her last season.

"Stop quoting Captain Phillips!"

The Sands of Modesto was fantastic. The prop work was sketch comedy 101, and everybody got to have great moments. Loved Cecily's "Bitch, this is Modesto!"

• Love 4
On 3/8/2020 at 1:32 AM, Galileo908 said:

The Deirdre Show sketch was based on that time Patti LaBelle was on Tyra Banks' show. 

OMG, thank you for posting that, I've never seen it. I already thought the sketch was funny, but this clip totally made my day. I love Patti LaBelle and she was in full "Dwayne Wayne's mom talking to Whitley" character here. 

I can't get On the Couch out of my head and I watched the show days ago. The Weeknd's expression when singing the "sleeping in my caaarrrr tonight" line had me rolling, he looked so happy until Daniel Craig kicked him out of the driveway, lol.

• Love 2
On 3/9/2020 at 9:04 PM, amass said:

Well I must be the complete opposite from all you guys, the accent sketch was boring me till they started puking - I was laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants lol 

Same. I guess we're twelve. LOL. 

I enjoyed all of Daniel Craig's accents throughout the episode. Okay, so he's no Trevor Noah or Meryl Streep, but I liked the Cajun (?) Louisiana accent, which he also used in Knives Out. And his South Philly accent wasn't bad. 

• Love 4
On 3/8/2020 at 12:27 AM, MrWhyt said:

it was ok, Craig wasn't the problem. Seemed to be more filmed bits than usual, though I didn't keep track or anything. Weird having a filmed piece in the monologue, almost like they couldn't find a place for it but spent too much money to scrap it. Liked the return of The Weeknd Update bit.

I Noticed that also about the Filmed Bits ! Also, Pete Davidson was NOT There In This Show ! i guess there wasn't anything that Fit Him ! I just thought of could Pete had been Making Staten Island King ? Maybe, that was why he wasn't There !

On 3/8/2020 at 7:01 AM, Ottis said:

Agree, that was the first time I laughed in this episode. The fake Bond sketch was annoying and the Modesto skit just kept making me think of The Californians, and how much better it was (also, how much more funny could that Modesto thing have been in another genre, like, say, McGyver?).

Not sure what the point was of the Diedre sketch. Aw, Debbie Downer. I would have put her in a White House press conference. The Weeknd was remarkably... low key for his songs.

I will never not love The Girl You Wished You Hadn’t Started a Conversation With at a Party.

Do you mean MacGruber ? They wanted to Show Off Ego and that was on Another Show like That ! They usually Make Fun OF Donald Trump so They don't need to have Debbie Downer  ! They Kind OF Serve the Same Purpose OF People getting on to Donald Or Debbie !

On 3/8/2020 at 12:57 PM, Never Again said:

I actually didn’t realize that until I read your comment.  I wonder why he wasn’t there?  I usually enjoy him when he’s on, which is why it’s weird to me that I didn’t even notice 

Maybe, Pete was Filming Staten Island King !

On 3/8/2020 at 5:13 PM, ahisma said:

There were a lot of bits in the cold open, but I loved all of them! Don Jr and Eric are always a favorite, but nothing topped Elizabeth Warren and breathless Kate dashing in from a quick change.

The Sands of ... Modesto? That’s inland valley cow country! I loved the names, Debranique and Victavia.

It is too bad the vomit gag was what they decided on as the button for the accent coach sketch. The actual funniest part was Mikey and Daniel with their hands clasped in front of them, vibrating out deep harrumphs in unison.

I have Trouble with my Memory so I may be Wrong, but I think you mean Beck Instead OF Mikey !

On 3/11/2020 at 4:13 PM, Pete Martell said:

Sketches apparently cut from dress rehearsal:

Streeter Seidell said they pitched another War in Words sketch but it didn't go:

Mikey usually does that with A Woman Guest Host playing His Wife ! Besides, I don't think anything can Out Do Phoebe OR I think IT Was Phoebe being with Hitler !