Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: 19 Hour Day

Tommy must decide how to deploy the LAPD's resources when a climate change protest brings riots and a bomb threat at the same time as a mudslide shuts down a major freeway.

Everything happens all at once!  Protests! Riots! Bomb threats! Mudslides!  Makes me think of the fires of great plot contrivance on The Affair.  How will our intrepid Chief of Police cope?  

Original air date 2020.02.27

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Everything happens all at once!  Protests! Riots! Bomb threats! Mudslides!  Makes me think of the fires of great plot contrivance on The Affair.  How will our intrepid Chief of Police cope?  

Original air date 2020.02.27

With great aplomb, of course. 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Whew! 😅 This ep was actually suspenseful for me. I thought it was going to be a crazy disaster episode like other shows would probably do, but it was...understated? I think that’s the word I’m looking for?🤔 I felt like I was holding my breath throughout. Good job writers and actors 😊

Also, I like that I still don’t know how to feel about Mayor Buddy. He comes off as shady, but I kinda want to believe he’s sincere about backing Tommy in certain situations. He intrigues me 🤨

• Love 6

I hope Officer Decker some time finds his entire life exposed to a police department through some nefarious means that he supports.  Maybe something he didn't disclose on an application, pictures of him somewhere he shouldn't be, his bank account, etc.  He might change his attitude about the uber-surveillance that he wants to put in place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Decker would not be getting a recommendation from me... Loved everything else.. Engaging story with competent ppl.. Its not breaking any molds but I stay interested... Mayor Buddy continues to be someone I'm like 80% sure is a good guy... 

I appreciate the daughter's emotional honesty and that Tommy appreciated it as well... 

Diaz and Ken are a fun odd couple.. Are there supposed to be relationship feels with them.. The way they frame the two of them I'm not sure

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Izzy85 said:

Also, I like that I still don’t know how to feel about Mayor Buddy. He comes off as shady, but I kinda want to believe he’s sincere about backing Tommy in certain situations. He intrigues me 🤨

2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I think that even the writers don't know which way they want to go with Buddy, it will be fun to see where its headed.

Ditto. He sometimes sounds shady and others sincere. So either the writers told him to leave it open or this is just inconsistent acting. I am quite sure he did something shady that he is trying to hide but on a personal level is still very likable. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, meira.hand said:

Ditto. He sometimes sounds shady and others sincere. So either the writers told him to leave it open or this is just inconsistent acting. I am quite sure he did something shady that he is trying to hide but on a personal level is still very likable. 

IMHO the guy is a typical politician. Doing whatever he thinks will get him re-elected.

Very good show. It's not perfect but it's better than 90% of the crap  the networks try to foist off on the public.

The mayor seems to be ready to bust a move on the blond PR lady.

The staff seems to be very competant and low maintenance except for the tech guy who's leaving. I respect his view but you have got to play within the law.

Not enamored about the daughter story line but I guess some human interest is something the writers think is needed.

• Love 4

This show is starting to grow on me.  I like most of the characters although I still find the daughter to be a big PITA.  She's like what - mid 30s and still angry at Mommy for having a career for God's sake.  Grow the hell up already!

Mayor Buddy is likable but yeah, he's got the hots for the P/R woman.  Guys with a lot less than the Mayor go for the rebound action after the wife walks out, so what the hey.  Guess we'll see where this goes.  

I wonder if we've seen the end of Decker? 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

I wonder if we've seen the end of Decker? 

Yeah, it seems odd that they would spend so much time on a character and then have him disappear from the show.

Decker NEVER had an intense disagreement with a superior before?  Resignation seems kind of an extreme reaction.  Maybe because Tommy is new or maybe because he doesn't respect her because she's a woman or maybe both.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, buckboard said:

Yeah, it seems odd that they would spend so much time on a character and then have him disappear from the show.

Decker NEVER had an intense disagreement with a superior before?  Resignation seems kind of an extreme reaction.  Maybe because Tommy is new or maybe because he doesn't respect her because she's a woman or maybe both.

Officer Decker didn't even have the two stripes most veteran or post probationary LAPD officers seem to have so he came off as the very special rookie working in the police headquarters and not family disputes on patrol lest he was lost to the Fed's. Maybe he was given the golden ticket by Corbin Bernsen when he was Chief of Police 

• Love 1

Wow, Decker was a snot. He kept talking about how people just don’t understand technology when it was quite clear that actually they do. I wanted someone to punch him in the face throughout this episode. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

This show is growing on me, except for the daughter.  She needs to go.  And she should be looking for a new babysitter.

I like Ken and Diaz together.  I liked Ken's reason for wanting to work with the police and I liked that he kind of shut down Diaz about his brother living with him.  "It doesn't work like that."

The mayor moves on pretty fast!  He separated from his wife 5 minutes ago and is already making the moves on the PR woman.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, juliet73 said:

The mayor moves on pretty fast!  He separated from his wife 5 minutes ago and is already making the moves on the PR woman.

That's still slower than the real life former Mayor who separated while in office