Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

I have been a long time looker. I have been enjoying everyone's comments on this boring season. I finally decided to jump into the fray. Cody is sitting counting the votes if he goes with Derrick and says "It doesn't look good." Seriously, it took you this long to realize it. So pretty but so dumb. He only wins if he takes Victoria. But he won't do it. Idiot!

Nope. He is now practicing his F2 speech and is including that he made it to the end with someone he promised Day 2. One thing he is, is very loyal.

Apparently they are having competition #2 right now. Will they keep Cody isolated and the camera only on him until BBAD ends so as not to "spoil" the winner? What's the point of that? The feed watchers will find out. 

Edited by DakotaLavender

Nope. He is now practicing his F2 speech and is including that he made it to the end with someone he promised Day 2. One thing he is, is very loyal.

That's the thing, though, if Derrick wins HOH, then sure, good on him. Great job. But if Cody wins and brings Derrick, how is that any different than, say, Colby bringing Tina on Survivor? We don't look back and say, "What a great job by Tina to get Colby to take her to the finale instead of Keith!" We say "Tina was lucky that Colby put his own personal idea of 'honor' over winning." 

Derrick can avoid all of this, of course, by just winning the final HOH, which I hope he does so I don't have to deal with how painfully dumb Cody is anymore. 

Edited by Brian Cronin

Apparently they are having competition #2 right now. Will they keep Cody isolated and the camera only on him until BBAD ends so as not to "spoil" the winner? What's the point of that? The feed watchers will find out.

No they will go to Fish to find out the winner, and then they will come back on BBAD and the feeds to find out who won.

He is loyal, but I don't think it can win him the $500,000.  Maybe he is okay with the $50,000, but I don't think so as he sits there trying to decide how he is going to sway some of the jurys.  He wants the $500,000. (still trying to figure out the quote thing, hope it worked)

Precisely!

"Let's see...if I take Derrick, I lose and if I take Victoria I win...I guess I'll have to take Derrick!" 

Again, he is dumber than Gina Marie. Gina Marie!!!

HA!  It's interesting to watch the wheels try to turn in his brain. 

I think Derrick will win, but if Cody could figure it out and decide to blindside him it would be big.  Derrick would get nothing for all his hard work.  It would shock the jury.

"If you could have front-row tickets to any concert, what performer/band would you choose to see?"

• Derrick: Rascal Flatts

This answer kind of surprised me, then I remembered I lived in Nashville (don't judge me ... I'm old and my memory is too) and it seems like Rascal Flatts' is/are (?) all over the place here all the time and I guess I just take them for granted.  Certainly wouldn't be my choice ... THE STONES!!! 

Which is sadder:

1. People playing televised backgammon for lack of better options?
  2. People watching said people play televised backgammon - also for lack of better options?

3. People watching said people play televised backgammon and are certain they (the people) have the game figured out even though it looks nothing like backgammon.  And are enjoying themselves because hey, it IS backgammon.

Oh, it's way sadder than this. We are watching what is a made up backgammon game, no idea what they are playing on the backgammon board ;). It's not backgammon.

See?

Pardon my language, but for fuck's sake, why doesn't multi quote work for me???  I went to the Testing Zone and tried it, and it worked fine.  Doesn't work here, though.  Just know that I quoted many of you, and made many hilarious and insightful comments in response.  I swear.

That happens to me too and I just say fuck it.

Rosh Hashanah is the believed to be the anniversary of the creation of Adam and Eve.  How coincidental that she played a part of that in the Big Brother house.

I did not know that!  So thank you.  I learned something because of Big Brother.

Had to laugh at the flashbacks from the clip show when Derrick and Cody were thinking of a name for their alliance and Cody suggested "Undercover".  HA!  If he only knew!

Bein' from the South like Donny, I'll end this with a "HOLLER!"

Edited because I can't spell the word *I*

Edited by slasherboy
  • Love 2

Is this the 1st season of no one having sex in the house?

No, there have been several seasons without the houseguests having sex with each other.  The first official sexual activity was with David and Amanda in season four.

• Love 1

Wait, Victoria lost a competition? Wow. It sounds like a Cody/Derrick final two. I'm fine with that. I'm usually very anti saying that someone doesn't "deserve" any money, but I'm sorry, Victoria doesn't deserve any money. I'll take Cody playing a supposed bad game any day of the week over Victoria never playing at all.

I won't even try to speculate on Derrick throwing the third part, because that part of the HOH has gotten to be so ridiculous, I no longer think it's throwable. I'm always HORRRIBLE at that part of the comp, and I feel I usually have a pretty good read on the housguests

So - does Cody continue to count votes against Derrick and change his mind? Does Derrick win that final HOH and finesse Victoria into still voting for him? Does anything matter at all until Wednesday? Not sure about the first two, but the answer to question 3 is definitely no.

I will agree with what everyone else has said. This forum rocks, I thought about giving up on BB for good after learning of TWOP ending, but am so glad I was able to share the most boring season ever with you awesome folks.

Oh, lord, Victoria is crying, I can't deal with this.

• Love 4

I have such a weird feeling about the ending right now. I think that Derrick clearly "deserves" to win among these three, so if Cody actually blindsided him (which he won't, because he's a moron) I would feel bad about him not getting to win. At the same time, obviously I don't like the "Derrick's playing an all-time great game!" narrative, either, so him losing would stop that. If only that narrative didn't exist I could just happily enjoy a Derrick win. He's such a better winner than the last few seasons. 

The problem with Cody is that he actually thinks he played a great game. I really want to be a fly on the wall when his family tells him how horrible he played.

That's definitely A problem, but the bigger problem is that he has already gone over the votes and KNOWS THAT HE LOSES IF HE TAKES DERRICK and yet is still going to do it! So it's not like he's completely blind - he's just THAT stupid. 

• Love 3

That's definitely A problem, but the bigger problem is that he has already gone over the votes and KNOWS THAT HE LOSES IF HE TAKES DERRICK and yet is still going to do it! So it's not like he's completely blind - he's just THAT stupid.

Wow. How funny would it be if Derrick pulls a Diane Henry and tells Cody which jury votes he will get? That would be hilarious if Cody FINALLY gets the hint and evicts Derrick. I've been calling Cody Drew Daniel 2.0 all season.

The whole point of BB is TO WIN. So if you get to the end and you make loyalty a priority instead of keeping your eye on the prize, you deserve to lose. 

Victoria is there and ripe for the taking to guarantee the winner of competition #3 WINS. 

Ivette made the mistake in season 6 of taking Maggie to f2 and Maggie won. Even Ivette's mother indicated Ivette was foolish to do that. She said "You are there to win, not to make friends." 

So if either Cody or Derrick wins comp #3 and does not take Victoria and loses, it is a loss that is deserved. 

Edited by DakotaLavender

Ivette made the mistake in season 6 of taking Maggie to f2 and Maggie won. Even Ivette's mother indicated Ivette was foolish to do that. She said "You are there to win, not to make friends."

If there was one final 2 in BB History I wish I could've seen it would be Ivette vs Janelle. The friendship kept saying they wouldn't vote for Ivette if she had back stabbed Maggie. I really wonder if the friendship would of gave Ivette the money over Janelle. By the way Danielle Reyes said on RHAP last year that someone on the jury during BB6 meant to vote for Ivette, but voted for Maggie instead. The general consensus was that Howie was the one who voted incorrectly.

Victoria was not my favorite at all this season and she might be quite horrible at comps the poor thing, abd thought she was at summer camp. But she has made it 90+ Days, never won an HOH to get a letter from her family or photos (yes she got that video, but she's had the least contact out of everyone). She was on slop 2 weeks and complained far less then BMC. She was catty at times but she was a supportive to Nicole when she was at her lowest. And has made it through living in that house without completely losing it. She spent ALOT of time by herself. So props to her. I still don't want her to win any money. But mad props. I would of gone crazy.

• Love 8

She was on slop 2 weeks and complained far less then BMC. She was catty at times but she was a supportive to Nicole when she was at her lowest. And has made it through living in that house without completely losing it. She spent ALOT of time by herself. So props to her. I still don't want her to win any money. But mad props. I would of gone crazy.

The slop thing is probably why I don't dislike Victoria that much. Whenever I had the feeds on during those 2 weeks every other thing out of Caleb's mouth was complaining about slop. I was pretty impressed that Victoria did not complain all that much because I could see myself complaining a lot.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 2

I think it's nice that Victoria's mom SiobhanJW could take the time to write here. LOL!! I sorta agree too that it was nice that she didn't have a nervous breakdown like Amanda did every week (granted two entirely different players) but it would have been a whole lot harder to watch & take if she had been a basket case. I think the stipend is like $1000 a week (or, something like that) plus her $5000. Not too shabby!

• Love 3

You know, the more I think about it, Cody's speech to Caleb probably did the most to lock both Derrick and Cody into keeping each other. There were real discussions about voting for Victoria out of spite if she was brought to the end. Both guys have to think they would automatically lose Caleb and Frankie's votes, and possibly Zach's vote, if they dumped their "Day 2" alliance to take a noted goat. Also, Nicole was really close to Victoria at the end. I believe both guys feel the safest bet at this point is to take each other. Both feel they played the better game of the two. I feel the jury would give the win to Derrick, but who knows. Because Frankie is in the jury, y'all, and he will single handedly choose who wins this thing.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 2

Maybe, he'll get suspicious now? Nah!

I think we're at the point where literally nothing would sway Cody. Derrick could tell him flat out, "If I win the last HOH, I will take Victoria" and that wouldn't sway him. Derrick could go through the jury votes one by one and explain how Derrick would defeat Cody and that wouldn't sway him. He is d-u-m dumb. 

• Love 3

Derrick just said he makes less than $50K a year. Um, I call bullshit. He just never stops! I mean this as a compliment.

Eta: Derrick beat Victoria by 15 minutes. She took 30 minutes and actually thought she had done awesome and might have won. The varying levels of delusion this year are fascinating.

Edited by AndreaK1041
  • Love 2

Because Frankie is in the jury, y'all, and he will single handedly choose who wins this thing.

Well he's not Jesus, you know.

Derrick just said he makes less than $50K a year. Um, I call bullshit. He just never stops! I mean this as a compliment.

Well, granted, a Parks and Rec employee probably makes no more than 40K a year, if that.

• Love 2

So, the show on Wednesday will consist of HOH 1,2 &3. Then Team America, Derrick is a cop, Donny really is a landscaper, Caleb really was a stalker, the reading of the votes & then Fan Favorite. Did I miss anything?

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2

Oh, Victoria. I just wanted you to win one competition this summer. Just one. The Veto doesn't count, because Caleb wanted the money, and the five thousand doesn't count, because Hayden won it. A single competition. And this would've been a hell of a single competition to win. I always hoped that towards the end, it would come out that she was some super secret stealth gamer but nope.

She played the game pretty much the only way she knew how: hitching herself to someone and riding along as close to the end as she could. Even though it isn't much game, she played it well. In my heart of hearts, I want her in final 2 because this season deserves it and I want Derrick on that last jury seat because if we can't have nice things, why should he? Dumb versus dumber for final 2. I know it won't happen, but still. 

Maybe I should start wishing for the opposite? It seems to have worked that way all season.

• Love 4

So, the show on Wednesday will consist of HOH 1,2 &3. Then Team America, Derrick is a cop, Donny really is a landscaper, Caleb really was a stalker, the reading of the votes & then Fan Favorite. Did I miss anything?

Jury round table. Lame jury questions. It'll be rushed.

The slop thing is probably why I don't dislike Victoria that much. Whenever I had the feeds on during those 2 weeks every other thing out of Caleb's mouth was complaining about slop. I was pretty impressed that Victoria did not complain all that much because I could see myself complaining a lot.

I forgot about that chocolatechip.  Okay, two points to Vic for not being a whiney baby like Caleb, which is fair because it pissed me off when Frankie kept insisting he couldn't do the slop even when every other hg had done it at least twice.  But I still don't want her to win any money, lol. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

Jury round table. Lame jury questions. It'll be rushed.

I always feel like BB finale should be two hours, because they jam so much stuff into the finale. Or at least 1 hour finale, 1 hour reunion. We never get all the good reactions we want from stuff being revealed. Getting it all on Twitter and in next-day interviews just isn't satisfying enough. I wanna see some actual face to face confrontation! 

• Love 3

If he wins the final HOH and evicts Derrick, then yeah, he wouldn't have played a bad game. The fact that he isn't even thinking of doing that, though, is what makes this a bad game. If Final 2 was as far as he could go, then fair enough, but it clearly isn't. He evicts Derrick, he wins the game. Plain and simple. And he KNOWS that. And yet if he wins final HOH, he sure seems intent on not doing what will win the game and instead doing what will lose the game. That's bad gameplay.

Now Derrick could make it a moot point by just winning the final HOH, of course. Let's hope that's what happens, if only so I don't have to think about how dumb Cody is anymore. 

• Love 2

I don't think he played a horrible game if he's leaving with at least $50,000. Actually, if he hadn't aligned with Derrick, he may not even have gotten this far.

I've never seen a player vote off so many of his own allies. Britney, Amber, Hayden, Jocasta, Zach, Caleb and Christine. He pretty much lost himself 4 jury votes for NO REASON!  I think he played a terrible social game. Everyone loved Cody the first part of the game and would of kept him around. He could of easily beaten Derrick or whomever.

ETA Caleb even told him he would bring him to the final 2 over Derrick. Yet Cody votes him out.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 3

I always feel like BB finale should be two hours, because they jam so much stuff into the finale. Or at least 1 hour finale, 1 hour reunion. We never get all the good reactions we want from stuff being revealed. Getting it all on Twitter and in next-day interviews just isn't satisfying enough. I wanna see some actual face to face confrontation! 

I agree, what they should have done was get rid of the stupid clip show (When was the last season they had the clip show episode?  I don't remember it last year or the year before but my memory is faulty when it comes to something like that.) they had last night and had both parts of the HOH and the vote tonight.  Granted the vote did not happen yet but they should have had it that way, then maybe they could have brought back the old jury format as well in the final episode.  I hate the group jury questions because we will never get a...

"Cowboy I have a question for you are you a lying racist or a racist liar?"

type question any more.

• Love 1

I agree, what they should have done was get rid of the stupid clip show (When was the last season they had the clip show episode?  I don't remember it last year or the year before but my memory is faulty when it comes to something like that.) they had last night and had both parts of the HOH and the vote tonight.  Granted the vote did not happen yet but they should have had it that way, then maybe they could have brought back the old jury format as well in the final episode.  I hate the group jury questions because we will never get a...

I think they started it in Season 8.

I've never seen a player vote off so many of his own allies. Britney, Amber, Hayden, Jocasta, Zach, Caleb and Christine. He pretty much lost himself 4 jury votes for NO REASON!  I think he played a terrible social game. Everyone loved Cody the first part of the game and would of kept him around. He could of easily beaten Derrick or whomever.

ETA Caleb even told him he would bring him to the final 2 over Derrick. Yet Cody votes him out.

I agree with all of that. That said, if he planned all along to get to the final 3 with ____ and Victoria and then evict ____, then I can't knock that earlier gameplay too much. 

The problem is that that likely is NOT his plan. In which case, yes, he's a moron who has played the game terribly. 

Is this the 1st season of no one having sex in the house?

Is this the first season that we didn't have some sort of fight/blowout? Usually there is at least one confrontation that borders on getting physical. I'm trying to think of big fights or any fights really.

Well it aligns with his cover story of being a groundskeeper. He is working hard to make sure there is no doubt in Cody's mind about taking him.

The funny thing about Frankie bitching about not doing slop is that he wanted to go on Survivor.

Well they DO eat lots of fish on survivor

From jokers:

Fri 3:14 PM BBT Cod wondering what happened to the mouse. Vic says it went back to its family. NT - Scott3325

Actually it was a rat and and his name was Frankie

Edited by brdwygurl
  • Love 1

Julie told Frankie the date of the finale at the end of his interview,  he registered surprise, she said more on that later.  The explanation never came.  Does anyone know why CBS is doing this?  They never announced the "why."  Survivor doesn't need the attention if it was to air on the same night as its premiere.  Anyone know? 

Answering tweets is exciting but I cannot figure out how that is going to work.  Tweets are generally just opinions or announcements. .  

Edited by wings707