Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

If they had any sense they would secretly make up and then pretend they were still on the outs to the other players. Oh well, I'm down for a Zankie reunion if it means them going after Derrick, Cody and Christine. I think Frankie would be able to sway Vanessa if he just promised that she could hang out with Ariana after the show is done.

• Love 1

Frankie 'Delusions of Grandeur' Grande strikes again.

Jokers 08/09/14 09:15 PM Frankie (to Zach): "I feel like now we're America's Favorite Players!" Frankie says it's in everybody's best interests to let him get 1st or 2nd place so that he can't win America's favorite. He laughs.

Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 3

I have been out, so delayed yaaaay Zach! Boooo Zankie but yaaaay Zach!

The vote could be interesting. Between Zach not liking Valerie and Team America, maybe Donny could stay? It will at least be discussed. I assume Veronica is a lock for getting nominated.

• Love 2

I have been out, so delayed yaaaay Zach! Boooo Zankie but yaaaay Zach!

The vote could be interesting. Between Zach not

liking Valerie and Team America, maybe Donny

could stay? It will at least be discussed. I

assume Veronica is a lock for getting

nominated.

Frankie's trying to convince Derrick to keep Donny. Let's see how long that lasts,though.

• Love 1

My grandmother's name was Viva—feel free to use it for a new alternate name for V-what's-her-face!

My absolutely unsubstantiated guess is that they are going to next Sunday's Niners game. There aren't any games until next Thursday, and Thurs-Sat they do show filming.  Sunday is an off day, and San Francisco is close.  Also, the Niners have a brand new stadium.  Maybe I'll go with an "America hates Frankie" banner.

(no I will not. I'm not crazy.)

Oh I hope they do go, I am actually going to that game. I'll keep an eye out!

It would be fun to do that, if only to see how fast CBS could send someone over to shut it down.

• Love 1

Shocker!! Zankie is back!! Well, that was quick.

I liked Zach better when he was mad.

It was a little quicker than I figured. After the BOTB, Zach was behaving more like a guy who had just discovered his fiance had cheated on him the night before the wedding than somebody "betrayed" in a game. It was like once he knew he was safe for the week he took a deep breath and realize he'd been playing around too. . 

Oh, Donny, this show was never made for one as beautiful as you.

Oh Newbietunes, that's one of my favourite songs! And so perfect for Donny. I'm hoping that we see Cody or Derrick go up, it's still not too late to be a touch optimistic.

Something that bugged me a little last night was Derrick giving all the credit for Evel Dick's win to ED himself but wasn't it partly because the other HGs didn't want to vote for Danielle?

• Love 1

Not just that, I believe there was an America's Player whose task was to vote to keep ED one week when he otherwise would have gone home.  There are also claims of other production rigging. This is just from me reading about the season, someone who has actually watched would know better. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

Donnie and Nicole are saying they wouldn't vote for any of these people to win the money. Then Donnie says, "Well Derrick would need the money." What?? He has ONE kid, it's not that much of a hardship. Of course, when Brittany used her 3 kids as a reason she needs the money the HG's are all "It's not my fault you decided to have TEN kids." SMH.

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 1

Christine also mentioned the other day that she can't remember what her husband's voice sounds like! Oh how soon they forget.

You know, part of me (a very small part) can't blame her. Haven't they been together since they were like 14? I'm pretty sure he is the only guy she has ever been with or has ever shown an interest in her. Suddenly she's thrown in a house with a good-looking guy who flirts with her a bit and she's all over it. It's just icky to think that if she is that brazen in front of a national audience, then what would she be like if the cameras weren't there? And I'm not putting all the blame on her, Cody is just as culpable in this whole mess, because he knows she's married and what's worse he is not even really interested in her.

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 2

I'm trying not to barf listening to Frankie tonight. He makes me sick....literally, like sick. Now he thinks he's the big mastermind. I don't like Zach, never have from seeing his intro at the start of the show, but I'm so disgusted that he's forgiven Frankie.

Maybe because I'm old, I think this game could & should be played with honesty & integrity, so I guess I'm naive. I know in this game you have to lie & deceive but I guess my old fashioned values & morals enter into my opinions of these folks too much.

OMG, did Caleb just use the word "genre"???

Edited by burgerbitz
  • Love 3

Donnie and Nicole are saying they wouldn't vote for any of these people to win the money. Then Donnie says, "Well Derrick would need the money." What?? He has ONE kid, it's not that much of a hardship. Of course, when Brittany used her 3 kids as a reason she needs the money the HG's are all "It's not my fault you decided to have TEN kids." SMH.

They also discussed who they would vote for over Frankie (pretty much everyone). Then the both agreed they would vote for Zach to win, and then also laughingly agreed they'd both for Victoria as well. Donny asked who Nicole would vote for if it was Christine against Frankie, and she said that would be her worst nightmare.

• Love 3

Caleb's (Survivor) boyfriend was wonderful. Why not more like him???

I have nothing to say about the rest of your post burgerbitz, but Caleb on Survivor was a wonderful human being who was killed in a tragic railway incident just a couple of months ago.  I feel for for his fiance Colton.

• Love 2

I have nothing to say about the rest of your post burgerbitz, but Caleb on Survivor was a wonderful human being who was killed in a tragic railway incident just a couple of months ago.  I feel for for his fiance Colton.

OMG, you are so right. I mixed up the names! I'll edit that right away. I'm so sorry!

Edited by burgerbitz

Zach seems to be wavering on trusting Frankie, says he knows he shouldn't, but he's so persuasive. Victoria seems to have convinced him he definitely shouldn't. He says he trusts her, Derrick and Cody. They both don't trust Nicole for some reason I didn't quite understand.

Jokers 08/09/14 10:55 PM In fire room, Nicole asking Victoria what Zach told her in beehive. Vic tells Nicole about Zach wanting Frankie out. Vic crying about being "straight-up lied to" by Derrick.

Now Nicole is somehow talking without making any sound. Oh please let these girls get a clue about Derrick! Please, please, please!!!

Jokers 08/09/14 10:59 PM Victoria is crying to Nicole. Victoria feels Derrick has lied to her the whole game after Zach told Victoria his (Zach's) whole game, which included information that Derrick's been in alliances (Derrick has been telling Victoria he's not in any alliances the whole season)

• Love 2

I can't believe it, but I'm actually liking Victoria, and thinking she may be smarter than she appears, and has been playing the game all along in a very subtle way. Of course she'll probably do something incredibly stupid to prove me wrong now.

• Love 5

My grandmother's name was Viva—feel free to use it for a new alternate name for V-what's-her-face!

My favorite would be Vera because of Cheers.  Vera was never seen and only referred to by others. 

I too liked Zach much better when he was seething.  The "I wuv you so much, Frankie! You are the bestest person I have ever ever known!" is extremely hard to watch.  

• Love 3

I think Derrick is playing a great game against no competition. I'd love to see him play well against any sort of obstacle. For instance, a nomination. Or, someone yelling Juuddaaaasssss at him. Derrick is not Dan. Dan had obstacles.

Dan also had charm. So did Will. So does Zach honestly. If you combined Derrick and Zack you could get a really great player, but Zach is so bad. It's a "strategy" I guess to just blow up everyone's game, but it's not a great one. It's great he exposed Derrick to Villanova, but wtf can she even do about it? Nothing.

• Love 3

Yeah, while I believe Derrick is likely a very good player, we haven't been able to see it for sure this season because of the horrible set-up which gives an all-male alliance a gigantic advantage. Not to mention the women they cast this year were particularly bad. 

Whether you like Will or Dan, they both clearly had to deal with adversity and what made them stand out was they succeeded despite being in very bad spots. Derrick has yet to actually fight against something. To wit, no one looks back at Hayden as a great game player despite controlling his season from the get go, because again, he never had any adversity. His alliance was freakishly loyal and his fellow houeguests were perhaps a little dumber than this year's houseguests even, which was something beyond his control. He just got lucky to be in a perfect situation.

That isn't to say that Derrick won't do well if he DOES see adversity and it isn't to say that he wouldn't have been a strong gameplayer in a more difficult situation (I tend to believe he WOULD, honestly) but until we actually see it, I can't put him up there with the Wills and Dans of the game. He's in firmly Hayden territory for me. 

• Love 2

Victoria better pray that her tantrum to Nicole doesn't make it back to Derrick, because she's probably going on the block this week and if Derrick finds out that he may have lost Victoria's trust he'll send her out this week and tell Donny that he's keeping him for Team America. Vic might have just cost herself $50,000.

I think that Nicole will keep quiet about Victoria's tantrum and will only tell Derrick himself so that Derrick will trust her more than Vic. I think that's Nicole's smartest play because even with Victoria upset at Derrick, I don't think there's any chance for them to get him out this week.

Imagine for a minute that they do somehow get Christine to put up Derrick, under that hypothetical then Christine would be willing to break a 3-3 tie so they would need 3 votes to send him home. Victoria would presumably do it and Nicole probably would under that theoretical, but then they would have to get the third vote from either Frankie/Caleb/Cody/Zach. It's in none of those four's best interest to send Derrick out this week. 

Edited by TeamBlue

Here is adversity for Derrick.  He goes on the block against Donny.

Zach, Nicole, Frankie vote to save Donny

Victory, Caleb, Cody vote to save Derrick

What does Christine do?  Unless she votes out Derrick, I think we have a slow slog to the end of the season.  If she votes to save him and he wins, he is hands down the best strategic player.

I know that won't happen.  I also can't see Christine entertaining putting up Cody.  

So, slow slog it is.

What does Christine do?  Unless she votes out Derrick, I think we have a slow slog to the end of the season.  If she votes to save him and he wins, he is hands down the best strategic player.

I know that won't happen.  I also can't see Christine entertaining putting up Cody.  

So, slow slog it is.

If they had the vote right now, I don't think Vidalia would be voting to save Derrick. He may be getting a lesson soon in the whole "Hell hath no fury..." thingie.

• Love 2

So, slow slog it is.

It could potentially happen but that's not how the votes would fall. Zach wouldn't vote to save Donny and neither likely would Frankie, but Vic might now that she's upset that Derrick lied to her about his favorite color.

I think Derrick faces a legitimate threat this week, the fact that he's mitigated it already (for the most part) shows his skill. The fact that he and his main ally have never been nominated up to this point also speaks to it.

Oh my God, Nicole, can you ever just keep your mouth shut? She just told Cody everything Vaseline told her. Derrick will have her back in his pocket by the end of the night.

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 5

Oh my God, Nicole, can you ever just keep your mouth shut? She just told Cody everything Vaseline told her. Derrick will have her back in his pocket by the end of the night.

I think it actually might go the other way -- Derrick, in trying to get that much closer to Frankie, will try to approach Donny with an offer to save him "because of Team America," and they'll just flip it on Vic and send her out this week. He'd gain additional trust from two people who he is only nominally aligned with, while removing a player who apparently no longer trusts him from the game but who would still probably vote for him.

I think Derrick faces a legitimate threat this week, the fact that he's mitigated it already (for the most part) shows his skill. The fact that he and his main ally have never been nominated up to this point also speaks to it.

I don't get how it is a legitimate threat when Christine has never even entertained the thought of making him a replacement nod. She was strictly debating Nicole or Vivica as the replacement nod last night after BotB. 

Oh my god, this house would be so much more fun without Derrick.  He has destabilized all of their games and he is the anchor they all float to.  Can you imagine the feeds if he were gone?  Insanity all day long.

• Love 8

I don't get how it is a legitimate threat when Christine has never even entertained the thought of making him a replacement nod. She was strictly debating Nicole or Vivica as the replacement nod last night after BotB. 

Because he is only 1 of 4 remaining options to go on the block, and this little Zach/Victoria episode happened after Christine approached Nicole to resurrect their alliance (for this week, anyway). Christine wouldn't put Cody up anyway so now it's essentially between Victoria or Derrick on who would be the replacement. Vic went to Nicole, who had already been told by Donny about some of Derrick's deals earlier in the day, and then it could conceivably be at least 3 people going to HOH and telling Christine about all of Derrick's additional allies.

Christine could then build even MORE trust with Victoria by keeping her off the block for the second time in the same week and instead put up Derrick, who is by far and away the biggest threat in the game, and then Derrick would be one vote away from going home. 

At one point he was in serious risk of going home. However Zach did some damage control with Victoria and told him if nothing else she needs to pretend that nothing's wrong between her and Derrick, and that will likely keep Derrick from even being considered and Christine will just stick with Victoria as originally planned.

Because he is only 1 of 4 remaining options to go on the block, and this little Zach/Victoria episode happened after Christine approached Nicole to resurrect their alliance (for this week, anyway). Christine wouldn't put Cody up anyway so now it's essentially between Victoria or Derrick on who would be the replacement. Vic went to Nicole, who had already been told by Donny about some of Derrick's deals earlier in the day, and then it could conceivably be at least 3 people going to HOH and telling Christine about all of Derrick's additional allies.

Christine could then build even MORE trust with Victoria by keeping her off the block for the second time in the same week and instead put up Derrick, who is by far and away the biggest threat in the game, and then Derrick would be one vote away from going home. 

At one point he was in serious risk of going home. However Zach did some damage control with Victoria and told him if nothing else she needs to pretend that nothing's wrong between her and Derrick, and that will likely keep Derrick from even being considered and Christine will just stick with Victoria as originally planned.

I don't think any of that rose to the point of him being in legitimate danger, but even if I were to agree with that, since it settled out without him actually DOING anything speaks to my point - that he hasn't actually had to respond to adversity, as things are being settled for him before he even gets to that point (just like Nicole deciding that the lesson of Jocasta and Hayden's departure was "Trust Cody and Derrick more"). 

I think Derrick is playing a great game against no competition. I'd love to see him play well against any sort of obstacle. For instance, a nomination.​

But isn't the fact that he has never been nominated an example of how good a game he is playing?  Mind you, I don't care for Derrick, but I (begrudgingly) admit that it's pretty impressive that he's been running the house since week 3 or 4 and has not only never been nominated, but has never even been considered for nomination. But I also understand and agree with the argument that in a more aware/ intelligent/ competitive group of houseguests, he wouldn't be in this position.   We'll never know, I guess.  

Fucking balls! I hate these stupid ass people! Why the hell haven't Donny, Nicole, Visine, Christine, and Zach formed an alliance yet to get Derek the fuck out?! Why is this SO HARD?! GAHHHH! I had a small glimmer of hope when Zach spoke truth to Vivica about his entire game. Then, I got super excited when Vidalia realized Derdick is playing her. But, noooooooooo. Thanks a lot, Nicole, for reminding me why we can't have nice things. Why can't these fooligans get it together?!?

• Love 5

Why the hell haven't Donny, Nicole, Visine, Christine, and Zach formed an alliance yet to get Derek the fuck out?!

They don't even need Vuvuzela to do it this week!  This is the week!

Edited by pennben
  • Love 6

Fucking balls! I hate these stupid ass people! Why the hell haven't Donny, Nicole, Visine, Christine, and Zach formed an alliance yet to get Derek the fuck out?! Why is this SO HARD?! GAHHHH! I had a small glimmer of hope when Zach spoke truth to Vivica about his entire game. Then, I got super excited when Vidalia realized Derdick is playing her. But, noooooooooo. Thanks a lot, Nicole, for reminding me why we can't have nice things. Why can't these fooligans get it together?!?

I know! It's beyond infuriating. Then right after that she basically begged Cody to team up with her for a F2 deal and he literally laughed in her face. It's like she came into the house with the sole hope of riding someone else's coattails. She keeps saying she needs to be able to trust someone 100%. Why? That's the dumbest thing you can do in this house, especially with this group of people. Her game is awful and she is ridiculously transparent. She couldn't manipulate someone to save her life. I'm done with you, girl.

• Love 2

So, according to twitter (I gave up on the feeds a bit ago), Derrick is intimdating and shaming Victoria and Nicole for questioning him and his game.  I know everyone is going to say how this is how cops act. If I might, this is how Derrick acts.  My father was a police officer for many years.  You will never find a more respectful man than him.  I hope you know that if Derrick is an ass, it is because Derrick is an ass, not because of his career choice.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 6

This meeting just saved Derrick's game. He is truly a master.

Edit: Saying Derrick didn't handle this professionally would be a load of crap, both against him and against police at large. He didn't even raise his voice. Zach, on the other hand, showed exactly what it is to be verbally hostile towards both men and women.

Edited by TeamBlue