Type keyword(s) to search

The Big Media

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Trini said:

13 is the season finale, according to the listings at The Futon Critic, which are based on ABC's press releases.

It certainly sounds like it in the article I linked, but I haven't seen it verified anywhere (maybe I'm looking at the wrong place in The Futon Critic?)  

ETA: Oh, I see where it says the season has 13 episodes, but it doesn't say the 13th ep is the season finale.  But that's just nitpicking.  You're probably right.

Edited by ahrtee
21 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

It certainly sounds like it in the article I linked, but I haven't seen it verified anywhere (maybe I'm looking at the wrong place in The Futon Critic?)  

ETA: Oh, I see where it says the season has 13 episodes, but it doesn't say the 13th ep is the season finale.  But that's just nitpicking.  You're probably right.

Here’s the episode 13 press release which confirms it’s the season finale.

18 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Yeah, their silly stunt casting in the last season was the nail in the coffin. 

I wouldn't call it silly.  Both Reba & Jensen did a great job, tho I did find the camping/hiking storyline more compelling.

But the casting did reek of desperation.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I wouldn't call it silly.  Both Reba & Jensen did a great job, tho I did find the camping/hiking storyline more compelling.

But the casting did reek of desperation.

I thought they were both ridiculous. Apparently some others agreed and the ratings fell 🤷‍♀️.

Donno should get his own show.

I always watched Big Sky because I'm a CJ Box reader and fan, but Box's characters and book visions went off the rails (and I don't believe it was his fault or within his control).

I watched despite the two leads and those two actresses won't be missed.

Brooke Smith from the first Ronald season (she was his wife) was a highlight for me and Jesse James Keitel was good addition to the show.

• Like 4

My husband actually liked this show more than I did.  He got me into Longmire, which went off the rails after killing Branch, IMO.

I thought he might like this and since Jensen was in it (apparently against his agent's advice), we would both enjoy it. 

I did, but not for the two female leads, but for the supporting cast, esp Ryan.  I also thought Reba did a great job, and Jensen was Jensen (not much of a stretch for him tho).  In fact I'd say that Hoyt/Katheryn was a big fail as a Deputy.  She was portrayed so far from how LE should act/dress.  And I didn't think she was a good actress.  And Cassie constantly made stupid decisions, tho I liked the actress.  At least now I don't have to be worried they'll throw Beau & Jenny together.

So while I'm sorry to have the beautiful Beau gone, hubby is really disappointed.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Donno should get his own show.

I always watched Big Sky because I'm a CJ Box reader and fan, but Box's characters and book visions went off the rails (and I don't believe it was his fault or within his control).

I watched despite the two leads and those two actresses won't be missed.

Brooke Smith from the first Ronald season (she was his wife) was a highlight for me and Jesse James Keitel was good addition to the show.

Those 2 were definitely the highlights for me, too. They jumped the shark in this last season. 

• Like 1

I always wondered if Big Sky had law enforcement advisors on the set, because the way Jenny had her gun out in front (I guess it looked sexier?  I enjoyed looking at that region for sure..lol!) and her not wearing a uniform.  Cassie in the first couple of seasons had that tough girl attitude but toned it down a bit after that.  I thought the addition of Jensen would elevate the ratings a bit.  Overall, the show just felt like a show seen on The CW.  Those shows aren't very good over at the CW.  Sorry to see it canceled but not surprised.

• Like 1
On 5/13/2023 at 8:26 AM, roamyn said:

Can some show pick up Donno at least?

Not really sure why I continued watching after the first season but he was the best character out of the entire run.  

Not sorry to see it end.

• Like 1