Type keyword(s) to search

The Media Thread (With Spoilery Info)...

He also gave us some info about an upcoming character. 

Question: What can you tease about the big changes coming to Bones this upcoming season? —Amelia

Ausiello: Get ready for a mini-Booth in Season 10! Nope, Christine isn’t getting a little brother; Booth is getting a protégé. His name is James Aubrey and he’s an FBI newbie who works as a junior agent under Booth. The casting notice describes the twentysomething hottie as “charming, charismatic, politically ambitious,” a guy who “views everything as a stepping stone to something better — head of the FBI or even President of the United States.” Booth is weary of his padawan’s ambition and is on a mission to get him to simmah down now. Casting for the recurring role is in its early stages, so hit the comments with your suggestions!

He also gave us some info about an upcoming character.  I'm going to put this in spoiler tags since this thread isn't specifically for spoilers yet.

Question: What can you tease about the big changes coming to Bones this upcoming season? —Amelia

Ausiello: Get ready for a mini-Booth in Season 10! Nope, Christine isn’t getting a little brother; Booth is getting a protégé. His name is James Aubrey and he’s an FBI newbie who works as a junior agent under Booth. The casting notice describes the twentysomething hottie as “charming, charismatic, politically ambitious,” a guy who “views everything as a stepping stone to something better — head of the FBI or even President of the United States.” Booth is weary of his padawan’s ambition and is on a mission to get him to simmah down now. Casting for the recurring role is in its early stages, so hit the comments with your suggestions!

Not a fan of this guy AT ALL. To me he seems way too ambitious. And that's a HUGE red flag. He could turn against the team in a new york minute and not even care. It would be all for moving up.

Edited by WendyCR72
Spoiler thread, ergo, no tags needed.
  • Love 1

Yea, that little Sweets-Booth one was the giveaway for me last week. First the "Lance to the Heart" title, then that feature the, which Was totally a love letter to the character over the years. I think I'll just bookmark that one and hold fast to my denial from here on out. Lol.

According to this interview, John Francis Daley didn't actually want to be written off the show. He just wanted a leave of absence. I'm not sure how long it takes them to shoot a season, though, so maybe the amount of time he wanted was truly impractical for a temporary absence.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/02/john-francis-daley-interview-bones-why-did-he-leave-sweets/

Article has minor spoilers for tonight's episode.

According to this interview, John Francis Daley didn't actually want to be written off the show. He just wanted a leave of absence. I'm not sure how long it takes them to shoot a season, though, so maybe the amount of time he wanted was truly impractical for a temporary absence.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/02/john-francis-daley-interview-bones-why-did-he-leave-sweets/

Article has minor spoilers for tonight's episode.

Well, JFD's writing/directing career is really taking off, so I imagine the show had to think in the long term since trying to write around a cast member who could conceivably come and go on various projects would be near impossible depending on story.

They could have had Sweets and Daisy head off to a new job opening, temporary assignment whatever.

But the timing didn't allow for it. No way in hell would Sweets leave Booth in the lurch like that in the midst of a huge conspiracy. I get being upset by losing Sweets, but in this case, I think having JFD come and go with perhaps other projects that would need his attention would eventually screw the show's narrative over, and TPTB had to think of that first.

People to this day STILL beg for Zack. Letting Sweets have a similar ending would just be another Zack, with no clue how long JFD would be gone or whatever.

• Love 1

Eh, I think they had enough time to be more creative than death. Hell, witness protection would've worked for me. An injury with a long recovery time (off canvas) would have worked too. I dunno. I get that they must think Its only aster of time for JFD, but I think this decision was jUst so shortsighted. JFD in that interview sounded like he wanted to come back for thev season's back half. That's typically when ratings drop. Had they been more creative, instead of going the easy route with death (where the consequences write themselves), they could have promoted the hell out of a Sweets' return. Instead, now they've shot their load already and now it's just ... business as usual.

• Love 1

Eh, I think they had enough time to be more creative than death. Hell, witness protection would've worked for me. An injury with a long recovery time (off canvas) would have worked too. I dunno. I get that they must think Its only aster of time for JFD, but I think this decision was jUst so shortsighted. JFD in that interview sounded like he wanted to come back for thev season's back half. That's typically when ratings drop. Had they been more creative, instead of going the easy route with death (where the consequences write themselves), they could have promoted the hell out of a Sweets' return. Instead, now they've shot their load already and now it's just ... business as usual.

I get what you're saying, but JFD is now directing major motion pictures and his writing is taking him places. Maybe he would want to return, but suddenly...oh, look! Another opportunity! Can we extend my absence a bit longer? (I'm not saying JFD is that flip about it.)

The fact remains that the show can only accommodate so much for so long. The future is unknown, so I can personally see why TPTB hedged their bets here. I can see if it were the leads, but as much as I like JFD, the show started before him, and while the show is in its likely home stretch, I think it'll adjust without him, although the dynamic will shift. But sometimes, on a show this old, that can be a positive thing.

But sometimes, on a show this old, that can be a positive thing.

I hope you're right, for the sake of those many fans who do still love the show. I don't hate the producers/writers for their decision. It just didn't work for me, and I wish, reading that interview with JFD, that they'd dug a little deeper and tried to find a more creative way to shift him off canvas while leaving the door open. Particularly because the show may be its home stretch, as you said, it would have been much more emotionally satisfying for me to know that he might come back. I didn't watch the Zack seasons much, and I get that they wouldn't want that kind of open-ended story, but they could have found a way to learn from that mistake. It was a huge FBI conspiracy, right? I still think even a witness protection thing would have been preferable to me.  I could have maybe enjoyed the new team dynamic if I knew it was a temporary situation. It would have been more satisfying for me at least if the show got to enjoy the kind of victory lap that reunites the characters, even if only toward the end of the run. 

But, it is what it is, and they made their decision, which is what showrunners get to do. I'm just very happy to have Netflix streaming video. I see some good binge-rewatches in my future! And I'll hope that JFD's behind-the-camera successes don't mean he's done with acting, because I'd sure like to see him back on TV again soon. (He needs to set his sights on the type of limited season shows that HBO and cable do - 13 episodes and then you're freed up on other projects!)

Wait, what? I've watched this show from the beginning, and I swear I do like it (not as much as the early days), but I was relieved this was the final season!  I figured it would give them a chance to go out the way they wanted to and tighten up the story and give us some great final episodes... so this news that there could be an 11th season just makes me groan...arrrgh!

Question: Bones‘ 10th season only just began, but I want to know where we stand with Season 11. —Emilia
Ausiello: We’re likely a ways off from knowing anything definitive, according to showrunner Stephen Nathan. “I think it might take a little bit of time because there are [actor] renegotiations involved,” he explains, adding that the early ratings on Season 10 certainly point to more Bones. “If everybody keeps watching as much as they have been — and on the most difficult night on television — then I am sure we will be back. It’s something that we’re anticipating and hope for. It doesn’t seem as if the show is slowing down.”

• Love 1

But it has never ever been confirmed this WAS the final season. And considering the show still holds its own and increases in ratings with Live + 3, not to mention the sorry state the rest of the network is in (maybe except for Gotham), it doesn't surprise me a bit that Fox may not be ready to let one of its last stable shows go.

SHOULD it? Maybe. (10 seasons is an accomplishment alone, and I lean towards "time to end".)

WILL it? Considering it has moved nights more than people change their clothes and is still holding on...I truly doubt it.

• Love 2

Awww. Reading that makes me sad. I stopped watching, but I figure I'd tune back in for the birth of Sweets' baby. I was hoping for some tender moments, especially since I personally thought everyone (except Daisy and Brennan at the end) seemed weirdly emotionless in the funeral episode. And I really hoped for an emotional moment with Booth and the baby. But from this piece, it sounds like they're going to play the birth episode for laughs. At least they don't have the new guy delivering the baby. Or marrying Daisy ... yet. 

They've announced that the pregnancy will be written in.  Horrible idea.

Eh, the show - even if it does get a final season - is winding down. And really, ED was HUGE the last time. I think it would be impossible to try to hide it, anyway.

Can anyone here give me the title of the episode where they find a body under a freeway underpass?  There's also some scenes that take place in a room full of children's toys - something like a day care center play room.

I don't know anything else about the episode.  I've only watched Bones a few times over the years - I can't stay with it because I absolutely cannot stand to listen to Emily Deschanel talk - her flat, nasal voice is like nails on chalkboard to my ears.

The episode I'm looking for IS one I want to see, however, because it was filmed at the college where I work, back in the summer of 2011.  The children's play room set-up was filmed in our main conference room, about 50 feet away from my office.

Thanks!

Edited by mousegirl

So Emily Deschanel is expecting again.  Wonder how they will handle this?  I'd be surprised if Bones is pregnant...she and Booth don't seem to like each other enough to have sex these days.  More like brother and sister. :/

Disagree. I remember the first episode of this season when Booth got out of jail. There was a damn good make out scene, I figure that might have been when Brennan got pregnant. That's my best guess anyway.

They're just in a dry period :(. Like any couple. They'll find a way out of it (hopefully).

• Love 2

Yeah, I remember the night he came home. It seems like years ago.  Maybe you will be right.  I hope so. I feel like the show is about their relationship, period.  It was before they got together and it should be now.  I think that's where it's going wrong.  Maybe they will surprise me.

Yeah, I remember the night he came home. It seems like years ago.  Maybe you will be right.  I hope so. I feel like the show is about their relationship, period.  It was before they got together and it should be now.  I think that's where it's going wrong.  Maybe they will surprise me.

Yea it does.

It kind of seems that way now. I don't mind it too much, but I hope they don't make things too melodramatic. That is one element it doesn't need imo.

• Love 1

There's a short Q&A with David Boreanaz in the new TV Guide (which I have downloaded on my Kindle, hence no link. Sorry!) But he talks about working with Cyndi Lauper and what's coming up, including Booth's revisit with his gambling addiction. Apparently, Booth is on assignment undercover (at least I think I read he was undercover, but don't hold me to it!), ends up having to play poker, and that sparks it.

Haha even *I* noticed that she was pregnant tonight, and I swear I am the very last person on the planet who notices when actresses are pregnant and their character isn't.
If they're going to do it, they've got to do it soon, unless they have a major time jump between episodes.

http://www.tvguide.com/special/finale-preview-2015/gallery/must-watch-tv-finales-2015/photo/1d0677e7-b5f6-4239-a02c-1f1abb50520b/A

A bit on the finale.

I do NOT want anything that "evokes memories" of Pelant. I never want to hear Pelant's name again.

The link doesn't work. It leads to a 404 page.

I'll try relinking it.

http://www.tvguide.com/galleries/must-watch-tv-finales-2015/

Neither do I. *ugh* I DO NOT like where this finale is going to AT ALL. NOT ONE BIT.

TV Guide Mega Buzz has some upcoming spoilers.

Not a huge fan of the story line still. I know that gambling is a tough addiction to beat, but I hope they don't drag things out too long.

But to be honest, I'm more angry at the thought that Angela and Hodgins might be leaving. It doesn't give me that much of a reason to watch the show that much longer. They were a huge part of the show, part of its heart and soul.

• Love 1

Boooooothhhhhhhh

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/05/bones-kim-raver-season-11

Baaabbbbyyyyyyy

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/07/bones-sex-brennan-booth-baby?hootPostID=57e991897d97f484ce8ee53cccf8d948

Also from EW spoilers....

Why the heck is Booth missing when Bones returns? — Raina
Raise your hand if you’re freaking out. Same. Here’s what I know: The premiere picks up six months after Booth and Brennan bid farewell to the Jeffersonian. “It’s a very personal reason,” new showrunner Michael Peterson tells me of Booth’s disappearance. “It’s a family reason. He gets involved in something that’s very close to home and is probably the only thing that would pull him away from the tranquil life that he was leading up until that moment.”

Well, at least the show remembers Booth's family exists! I just hope poor Hank is addressed at some point and Parker (I read elsewhere the role was recast but the actor was recurring on another show last season) pops up at some point.