Type keyword(s) to search

The Media Thread (With Spoilery Info)...

Christine would make sense. After all, her parents taught her from birth that no one else mattered with that "hilarious" plot about blackmailing the head of daycare into taking non-stop pictures of Christine rather than doing her actual job keeping all the children safe. And of course the time when Christine was biting other babies at daycare,  Brennan announced that only normal kids did that, not her little genius, so no action would be taken to correct the situation. Meanwhile Booth was recording video messages about how she and her mother were the thing that made his life worthwhile with no equal standing given to his older child who was no longer needed in a post-Christine world. As of last year, Christine was threatening people she'd just met who hadn't done anything to her with "my daddy works for the FBI," and this year Brennan was careful to explain that Christine should never stand up for a classmate being bullied. Never mind that she can talk to ghosts. No wonder the little genius born in a manger when there was no room in the inn thinks she should weed out lesser mortals...

(Still more believable a buildup than Zack or the Gravedigger.)

• Love 6

Christine would make sense. After all, her parents taught her from birth that no one else mattered with that "hilarious" plot about blackmailing the head of daycare into taking non-stop pictures of Christine rather than doing her actual job keeping all the children safe. And of course the time when Christine was biting other babies at daycare,  Brennan announced that only normal kids did that, not her little genius, so no action would be taken to correct the situation. Meanwhile Booth was recording video messages about how she and her mother were the thing that made his life worthwhile with no equal standing given to his older child who was no longer needed in a post-Christine world. As of last year, Christine was threatening people she'd just met who hadn't done anything to her with "my daddy works for the FBI," and this year Brennan was careful to explain that Christine should never stand up for a classmate being bullied. Never mind that she can talk to ghosts. No wonder the little genius born in a manger when there was no room in the inn thinks she should weed out lesser mortals...

(Still more believable a buildup than Zack or the Gravedigger.)

If I could like this multiple times I would. 

So I’m just going to assuming the killer is going to be Zack, which is going to make me so angry all over again. The only way this is going to be a surprise is if they reveal that Zack was actually blackmailed all along to keep his loving family of seven siblings and parents safe.

…or that sweets was Gormagon.

• Love 3

This will be unpopular, but I never saw what was so special about Zack, and whether the strike caused it or not, canon has him helping a killer. So if Zack has anything to do with this, I won't be at all surprised. Hell, he was cunning enough to use confidentiality from Sweets to keep out of jail.

Zack is no innocent here. He sold out his friends years ago as it is...

• Love 2

Interesting. It answers one question I've had -- how could Zack kidnap an unconscious Brennan if he can't drive? From the assortment of paintings and whatnot in the background, it appears they're in a storage area and never actually left the Jeffersonian. I also would guess that the order of the photos has been shuffled such that they don't represent the actual sequence of events in the episode. There's also only one photo in which Zack is possibly menacing, and it may be just the camera angle. Also intriguing to see Karen Delfs return. Last we heard, she had been transferred to Kansas City, and it isn't as if they couldn't find another profiler in Washington DC. Does she have some particular expertise on the Gormogan case as well as the Puppeteer? Did she interview Zack before? Did she suss out an inconsistency between Zack's confession and his character?

I have not followed this show. In fact, it's just been in the last year that I've gotten into it thanks to reruns.

I am aware that it had a tumultuous path to renewal. I am also aware that the cast and crew have been saying goodbye to everyone.

But late last night I ran across an article that seemed to suggest that the show MIGHT not be over. I can't remember the  source and can't find it now. I think it was dated January 2017. It quoted HH, David and Emily. It seemed to faintly suggest that there might be more Bones. HH made a point of saying it didn't end the way he intended it. David and Emily sounded cool to the idea, but that might be a contract ploy.

Does anyone know anything about this? (Sorry for lack of solid info.)

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Bones is definitely done. How do I know? David Boreanaz has already landed a pilot on CBS!

Wow, good for him! I was wondering what life would be like without him on my TV screen. DB has been a constant on TV for as long as I can remember.

On 3/22/2017 at 6:31 PM, secnarf said:

Wow, good for him! I was wondering what life would be like without him on my TV screen. DB has been a constant on TV for as long as I can remember.

Since 1997! I looked it up because I was wondering if he'd ever been off TV at all since was on Buffy, and nope.  Angel ended in 2004 and Bones started up in 2005. He's been on TV a full 20 years. Good on him, though. 

• Love 3

Fun fact: The voice in the teaser for the finale, that says, "There has been a massive explosion at the Jeffersonian Institute..." is that of Dave Roberts (née David T. Boreanaz), who is DB's dad. He was a much-loved weatherman on the Philadelphia ABC affiliate, who retired a few years ago. Local media reported that he'll appear as a newsman in the finale, and will finally be credited under his birth name, which was deemed too ethnic when he began his career. Mama B makes a brief cameo, too.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/television/Bones-finale-Fox-David-Boreanaz-Dave-Roberts-Eugene-Byrd-Michael-Grant-Terry.html

Edited by Lovecat
  • Love 3

The Man in the Fallout Shelter is only #5?  SHENANIGANS!!!  ::shakes tiny fist::

Some really good ones in there, a lot from S1 and 2.  I'm going to have to do a re-watch of some of those early episodes.

• Love 1

"Mayhem on a Cross" is FAR too highly ranked and "The Parts in the Sum of the Whole" is also too high.  That one irritates me because they used Cam and Caroline not only poorly but completely wrong.

In my top five I would have "Aliens in a Spaceship," "The Man in the Fallout Shelter," the 9/11 memorial one, the 200th where they were in the 1940's and holy shit how is "The End in the Beginning" not in EW's top 25?!?

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 1

Bones is back in TV headlines - for a disturbing reason. Apparently, a new procedural, Instinct, recently aired an episode called "Secrets and Lies" which apparently plagiarized "The Plain in the Prodigy", and it made waves on Twitter and TVLine.

All shows borrow ideas (Bones, Castle, and on and on), but I guess scenes in this episode were blatantly close and many noticed.

ETA: Video of the two shows' scenes back to back.