Type keyword(s) to search

The Media Thread (With Spoilery Info)...

I hope this is the last season and they make it a good one instead of just beating this dead horse. I used to love this show....I'd like to see it return to form before it wraps up.

Hope springs eternal. But it really should end this year. Eleven seasons is enough.

• Love 2

According to TV Line, Betty White will be appearing on the show this season as...a squintern. No, I'm not joking.

Aren't the squinterns by definition interns? This character definitely doesn't sound like an intern, despite the article saying she will be a squintern...

Having said that, I am looking forward to her appearance regardless.

Edited by secnarf
  • Love 1

Aren't the squinterns by definition interns? This character definitely doesn't sound like an intern, despite the article saying she will be a squintern...

Having said that, I am looking forward to her appearance regardless.

That was also my thought - and it mentions BW's character having tons of experience as a leading anthropologist herself, but squintern is how she was described.

Unless it was lazy terminology on the part of TV Line and TPTB, which is likely!

• Love 2

I usually hate it when actors dictate stuff to higher ups, but in reading this interview, I actually applaud David Boreanaz. Apparently (among other things in this interview) the new show runners were advised to watch Season 1 of the show and get a feel for what the show is (was?) about.

Sounds like a smart move to me.

• Love 2

Speaking of Sunnie, on the blooper reel for S10 (with B&B and Christine at the kitchen table), ED messed up a line and swore in front of SP. She then said to her, you didn't hear that! And DB and SP were sort of laughing and mock shaming her. It was cute. I think ED also covered her ears there. If not there, there was another scene of her doing so, all mothery.

I don't own S10, but the reel was up on YT.

Someone posted Fox's mid season schedule in the comments section of TV By The Numbers' ratings thread, and Bones is nowhere to be found. So I am guessing the show is in for another long-ish hiatus.

But Sleepy Hollow is apparently being shuffled off to Friday nights.

Yeah, they have no more eps until Dec 10, and it's a two hour fall finale.  Whatever that means. 

It means probably the same as last year: Fall finale in December and not back 'til AT LEAST late March. (I emphasize AT LEAST because Fox released its mid-season schedule and Bones was only "To Be Determined", no definite return date set.)

• Love 1

So, Fox told them what they'd be willing to pay per episode and they had to decide if they were willing to work for that? I can see them having a case for the hidden revenues, but that part just sounds like pretty much bog-standard negotiations.

Of course, I'd have more sympathy if the producers hadn't spent most of that time phoning in this show while they desperately tried to sell the same people a series of new shows.

• Love 1

Bones EP Barry Josephson is suing Fox over...what else...money.

And now David and Emily are filing suit as well.

A bit from the article:

The Bones stars say they have uncovered "more than a dozen accounting errors, tricks, and deceitful acts that 20th TV has used to deprive plaintiffs of their entitlement to profits," the suit alleges. Just a few of those:

►Sweetheart deals between 20th TV and Fox and affiliated foreign networks, as well as its syndication deals with Fox's television stations

►Self-dealing in licenses to Hulu and Netflix

►Improper allocations of "package fees"

►Improper charging costs for a spinoff pilot, distribution fees, overhead and other corporate charges, foreign taxes and rebates from media buys, product placement and integration revenue

It's all up in the air at this point...

TV LINE

I do think the show's fate depends on how the lawsuit shakes out, no matter what bullshit Fox says. With that said, I won't be sad if this season is it. Eleven seasons is a very good run for any show.

I enjoyed the note from the writer about how the showrunners always told him personally that the audience doesn't know what it wants, so it's their duty as storytellers to jerk them around and piss everyone off.

I enjoyed the note from the writer about how the showrunners always told him personally that the audience doesn't know what it wants, so it's their duty as storytellers to jerk them around and piss everyone off.

Funny, but that was also said by people working in soaps, too. So I guess that (idiotic) attitude crosses all forms.

Funny, but that was also said by people working in soaps, too. So I guess that (idiotic) attitude crosses all forms.

Which is sad, because the soap operas eventually managed to drive off the most faithful audience in TV history, but their sterling creative strategy lives on. Cue the usual thumbsucker interviews with our auteur showrunners about the really compelling subtext and behind-the-scenes conceptual strategies behind the stuff onscreen nobody wants and then maybe one about why the audience for broadcast is cratering.

• Love 1

Twelve seasons? Nice even number. And it was a good utility player for Fox. But everything comes to an end, and I think having a set end is a good idea. At least Fox is giving this show an end, considering the lawsuit and how shabbily the network has treated the show through the years.

• Love 2

I'm glad they know far enough in advance to wind up to a proper finale and to end season 11 with the expectation of more episodes rather than trying to write/act an episode that would work both as a series finale and a season cliffhanger.

If I'd been in charge I would have been tempted to throw in an extra four episodes just to end on an even 250. That's some impressive longevity!

• Love 2

Twelve seasons? Nice even number. And it was a good utility player for Fox. But everything comes to an end, and I think having a set end is a good idea. At least Fox is giving this show an end, considering the lawsuit and how shabbily the network has treated the show through the years.

Fair point. Still not thrilled with Fox though.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Panopticon said:

No matter what's up with Parker, I'm glad he's back to calling  his stepmother Bones. The flirtation with having him call her Temperance is best ignored and forgotten forever.

I just looked at that as Parker trying to be more mature, but now he's going back to default.  :-)

• Love 1

I have to applaud the promo department for the promo for the next episode: http://televisionpromos.com/bones-11x21-promo-the-jewel-in-the-crown-hd/

That just looks fun-- great guest cast,  Aubrey vibrant and excited to do his job, Booth hating the glasses and Brennan (correctly) thinking they look great. I want to watch.

However, it's a shame that not only is it a Daisy episode (urgh), it's a ghost episode (double urgh). Triple urgh if it turns out that those two things are related.

Jeez, Bones is the only show in the top 5 that I've ever watched. (I was surprised and pleased to see an old favorite of mine sneak in at #10 though.) The Bones writeup was nice, although my blood pressure may have temporarily ticked up when I followed the "Did Hanson get them together well?" link.

(edited)

You know, I was just reading an article about Noah Hawley, the showrunner of Fargo, and it mentioned that he was a writer/the script supervisor for seasons 1-3 of Bones and a producer of season 3. Which makes me wonder if maybe the reason quality dropped after season 3 is that Hanson and Nathan never provided any of it.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1

TV Line addresses next week's season finale:

Question: Anything on next week’s Bones finale? —Jenna
Ausiello: Prepare for a twist ending to rival all twist endings, setting up a doozy of a 12th and final season. “We’ve pulled out all the stops,” declares Bones exec producer Jonathan Collier of Thursday’s closer. “We’re really trying to challenge our characters, challenge our relationships, challenge even the safety of those we love and wrapping it up with an incredible surprise. [The Puppeteer Killer storyline] goes to a place you’re never expecting but that makes complete sense.”

• Love 1
On 7/15/2016 at 3:41 PM, WendyCR72 said:

[The Puppeteer Killer storyline] goes to a place you’re never expecting but that makes complete sense.”

Considering this show's past with shocking serial killer reveals, I think I'll refrain from holding my breath.

• Love 1