Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Mercy

jewel21
  • Start Topic

As they await news of Halstead's fate, the team turns their attention to an illegal arms dealer. Atwater discovers his brother is in Chicago and could be tied to the case. Voight must deal with Halstead's shooter. Burgess makes her decision.

Airdate: 01/08/2020

Voight is a piece of trash. He knows they were wrong in what happened to Angela's husband and he feels no way about it. He's a sociopath with a badge. I wish it was him that Angela shot but I guess i'll settle for Halstead.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, mommalib said:

Voight is a piece of trash. He knows they were wrong in what happened to Angel's husband and he feels no way about it. He's a sociopath with a badge. I wish it was him that Angela shot but I guess i'll settle for Halstead.

I find it disturbing how he and his team can ruin a man's life and have no remorse.   

Hayley telling Jay to let it go was just vomit inducing.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I find it disturbing how he and his team can ruin a man's life and have no remorse.   

Hayley telling Jay to let it go was just vomit inducing.  

Haley is another one I hate. It's a toss up for who's number 2 on my hate list between her and Ruzek. But personally I think it's a real depiction of how a lot of these cops is moving out there.

I see the magical Chicago Med elixir is still in plentiful supply.

Poor Halstead is on death's door, being hovered over and smothered by sanctimonious Sally & suddenly he's all better & ready to go home. It's a miracle....again 🙄What's the bet he's back on the job next week with barely a scratch.

No wonder the undercover gun buy went south....who on earth thought Upton looked anything like a gun buyer. And sending her out to run point on a case she had absolutely nothing to do with was a joke. I hope this is not foreshadowing her becoming Voight's new right hand man. I know the showrunner is obsessed with her but come on...both of those scenes were a joke.

How many undercover 'buys' are we going to see this season? 

Seemingly Voight is suddenly incapable of figuring anything out himself any more & he must run to Darrius at every opportunity & of course he knows/is related to/working with every criminal in Chicago.

OMG, never would have thought an Intelligence Unit family member is involved in a case they are investigating....what a complete surprise & a twist I never saw coming.🙄

The conclusion to Halstead's story was weak. Angela was all 'venegence shall be mine' until big bad Voight whacks her with a limp lettuce leaf & she rolls over & that's it...

Burgess really needs to drop the attitude towards Ruzek and stop treating him like he deliberately impregnated her & is forcing her to have the baby. She chose to go home & have unprotected sex with him, she is just as much to blame for this baby as him. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Guildford said:

I see the magical Chicago Med elixir is still in plentiful supply.

Poor Halstead is on death's door, being hovered over and smothered by sanctimonious Sally & suddenly he's all better & ready to go home. It's a miracle....again 🙄What's the bet he's back on the job next week with barely a scratch.

No wonder the undercover gun buy went south....who on earth thought Upton looked anything like a gun buyer. And sending her out to run point on a case she had absolutely nothing to do with was a joke. I hope this is not foreshadowing her becoming Voight's new right hand man. I know the showrunner is obsessed with her but come on...both of those scenes were a joke.

How many undercover 'buys' are we going to see this season? 

Seemingly Voight is suddenly incapable of figuring anything out himself any more & he must run to Darrius at every opportunity & of course he knows/is related to/working with every criminal in Chicago.

OMG, never would have thought an Intelligence Unit family member is involved in a case they are investigating....what a complete surprise & a twist I never saw coming.🙄

The conclusion to Halstead's story was weak. Angela was all 'venegence shall be mine' until big bad Voight whacks her with a limp lettuce leaf & she rolls over & that's it...

Burgess really needs to drop the attitude towards Ruzek and stop treating him like he deliberately impregnated her & is forcing her to have the baby. She chose to go home & have unprotected sex with him, she is just as much to blame for this baby as him. 

I read an article with Eid that he says that Upton is stepping into Olinsky role to voight and becoming a confidante to him and right hand man . 

36 minutes ago, Jaelyn96 said:

I read an article with Eid that he says that Upton is stepping into Olinsky role to voight and becoming a confidante to him and right hand man . 

That's just wrong. (But I guess that happens when you employ writers and don't care if they're aware and considerate of the show's and characters' past).

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

That's just wrong. (But I guess that happens when you employ writers and don't care if they're aware and considerate of the show's and characters' past).

Voight's become a bit of a joke hasn't he? Now he's turning to a temper tantrum throwing pre-schooler for advice. The ruining of PD courtesy of Rick Eid is almost complete.

Edited by Guildford
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Remember when Atwater and Burgess were like the best of friends... Siblings almost.. So much that hia actual siblings talked to her like one of their own... Those two had one scene together... I like Upton.. I actually like Halstead now... Well I never didn't like him.. He was just so generic I didn't care one way or another.. But together... And its possible its because of their past romances... I just don't care if they're together.. I may even prefer them not be... I woulda liked if the show actually let the wife tell her story and then let their be some fallout... Remember when Atwater seemed to make a mistake and ended up on trial... How do they explain what happened and why she was cuffed.. Or are they just dropping it?... And of so did I miss when either Rojas or Atwater weighed in on this screw-up

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CheshireCat said:

As I've stated before I don't really have a prob with Upton.. So this choice makes sense whe. You think who's actually in the unit... Burgess& Atwater are basically good eggs and optimistic about the job and really only get over the line when the case is deeply personal... Halstead has consistently shown unease with the dirtier parts of the job he's also challenged and disobyed Voight on a few occasions... Ruzek on the other hand seems way too happy to do things Voight's way.. But is a screwup and a try hard.. And he doesn't always listen to the rest of the team.... Rojas is too new to the squad.. But she's also got an independent streak from her UC days... So almost by default it's Upton... But she's also pretty level-headed and while she seems to really respect Voight and will follow an order she also doesn't seem to have a problem at least saying if something seems wrong... Mainly a pragmatist.. So Voight sees her as someone who if need be or orders be will do the truly bad thing for the right reason( which is mainly to protect intelligence so they can keep doing their jobs) but also has the ability to at least maybe pull him back from the edge

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I woulda liked if the show actually let the wife tell her story and then let their be some fallout... 

THIS 100%^  That would have been some good TV!  I'm sure things like that do happen and I found it so disturbing, so if they wanted to make a statement, showing some consequences or at least some remorse from someone besides Jay would have been appropriate. Big bad Voight threatening people has gotten so old.  I love the actor which is probably the only reason I'm still watching, but they've taken an interesting character and made him into a one dimensional joke.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SuzieQ said:

THIS 100%^  That would have been some good TV!  I'm sure things like that do happen and I found it so disturbing, so if they wanted to make a statement, showing some consequences or at least some remorse from someone besides Jay would have been appropriate. Big bad Voight threatening people has gotten so old.  I love the actor which is probably the only reason I'm still watching, but they've taken an interesting character and made him into a one dimensional joke.

I agree 90%. However, I don't like Voight and/or Beghe and I would turn "one dimensional joke" into "a cartoonish character."

And what's up with the Superintendent? He seems like a big doofus; and a 180° difference from his Irish, red-faced, big toothed predecessor.

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

When Burgess told Ruzek that she was going to keep the baby, he seemed to be genuinely shocked.  I think Burgess noticed that, which is probably why she is copping (no pun intended) an attitude.

He probably was shocked because she's done nothing to appear even a tiny bit interested or excited about it. Or shown any interest in asking him what he thinks, so he's left trying to say the right thing  and support her but having no idea how to do that or what she wants.  

Yes it's still her decision & if it was from a one-night-stand with someone she just picked up in a bar, sure don't even bother to ask 'him' what he thinks, but this isn't like that.

• Love 7

Jay does not have any critical thinking skills. His actions got Marcus killed, and his inability to use his common sense got him shot. Therefore it made sense that he wanted to continue to insert himself in Angela’s life. I think Haley was trying to nicely tell him to back off. 

I wanted to reach through the television and slap Jordan on behalf of Kevin. This fool was doing everything to endanger his life and his brother’s career. Sadly I saw this coming a few seasons back when he was not only caught hanging with the wrong crowd, but decided to bad mouth cops to Kevin’s face. Kevin told Adam that his dad was serving time, so I’m guessing that apple remained attached to the tree. From what Voight said it seems as though Kevin was always the caretaker.

Neither Adam nor Kim are ready to raise a chicken much less a child.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 3
On 1/9/2020 at 1:34 PM, icemiser69 said:

I will be shocked if either of the characters are on the series next year.  This seems too be way to predictable. 

Burgess should have told Voight that she is pregnant.  There is no way that he would allow her to stay in the unit if he knew that.  If she doesn't want to risk losing the baby or risk having Ruzek do something stupid (not that he needs an excuse to do something stupid) she needs to go on desk duty.

When Burgess told Ruzek that she was going to keep the baby, he seemed to be genuinely shocked.  I think Burgess noticed that, which is probably why she is copping (no pun intended) an attitude.

This was a rather boring episode and the series is getting stale.  If the writers want to move the ball forward, they have to have Voight get his comeuppance.

It was bad enough when this series bailed out Erin so she didn't have to pay for her actions. 

No one can replace Olinsky, the writers shouldn't even go there.

Couldn't agree more about Kim and Adam. I just don't understand the writers' constant need to put them together. Now, she's pregnant, and hasn't told Voight. Still going into the field, and almost getting smoked by a fully automatic assault rifle. And of course, Adam can't think straight because instead of worrying solely about his and his team's safety, now has to worry if is woman and their unborn child has been shot. And of course we all know the right move is for Kim to tell Voight about the baby. The writers, however, won't let Kim make the right move. And it's going to take Kim being shot and almost dying for her and Adam to come clean about the pregnancy. And if that happens, I really hope Voight forces one of them out of the unit so that the baby can have one constant parent that will be home every night and so the relationship drama can get out of the unit. There is no way in hell they're going to have and raise a baby while both are in the dangerous Intelligence unit.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WinJet0819 said:

Couldn't agree more about Kim and Adam. I just don't understand the writers' constant need to put them together. Now, she's pregnant, and hasn't told Voight. Still going into the field, and almost getting smoked by a fully automatic assault rifle. And of course, Adam can't think straight because instead of worrying solely about his and his team's safety, now has to worry if is woman and their unborn child has been shot. And of course we all know the right move is for Kim to tell Voight about the baby. The writers, however, won't let Kim make the right move. And it's going to take Kim being shot and almost dying for her and Adam to come clean about the pregnancy. And if that happens, I really hope Voight forces one of them out of the unit so that the baby can have one constant parent that will be home every night and so the relationship drama can get out of the unit. There is no way in hell they're going to have and raise a baby while both are in the dangerous Intelligence unit.

It COULD be an interesting story, except it's Rick Eid writing it & he'll fuck it up. I'm sure by half way through the pregnancy he'll forget that Ruzek & Burgess actually know each other.

Relationship drama will never be out of the unit because you have Burns & Houlihan attached to each other's umbilical cords & who can't make a decision or cross the road without each other. That is coming at you like a freight train....like it or not.

5 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

I really hope Voight forces one of them out of the unit so that the baby can have one constant parent that will be home every night

There are a lot of couples who are both cops and have kids who are perfectly fine.  And even more couples where one is a cop and one is a nurse, or another first responder like firefighter or paramedic.  Shift workers meet other shift workers, and can have perfectly fine homes lives even if the parents don't work 9-5.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Ailianna said:

There are a lot of couples who are both cops and have kids who are perfectly fine.  And even more couples where one is a cop and one is a nurse, or another first responder like firefighter or paramedic.  Shift workers meet other shift workers, and can have perfectly fine homes lives even if the parents don't work 9-5.

But to have two parents in the same unit that has crazy hours, and working dangerous undercover assignments? That's what is far-fetched. This is kind of why, generally in special units like these or say a SWAT unit, team members don't have a relationship. If they did, one of them would have to transfer out. That's why I think Voight would have to move one of them to patrol or another unit

Not to mention, if Adam or Kim were in a dangerous situation, it would be impossible for them to keep proper focus, as each would be worrying about the other and wanting to do or risk anything to save them, even if it's not logical. You can't go into an operation where you're thinking about your child's mother's safety over the team. It's not good for anyone. We saw a few seasons ago how Adam was willing to let an unseasoned rookie go undercover instead of Kim because of his feelings towards her. And that's not acceptable.

And as viewers, do we really want to see baby drama on screen in this type of show? That would be what we see if Adam and Kim are together and have the baby. Hearing about how the baby keeps crying, or how one's not holding the baby right, or how the baby needs a check-up and stuff like that.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

But to have two parents in the same unit that has crazy hours, and working dangerous undercover assignments? That's what is far-fetched. This is kind of why, generally in special units like these or say a SWAT unit, team members don't have a relationship. If they did, one of them would have to transfer out. That's why I think Voight would have to move one of them to patrol or another unit

Not to mention, if Adam or Kim were in a dangerous situation, it would be impossible for them to keep proper focus, as each would be worrying about the other and wanting to do or risk anything to save them, even if it's not logical. You can't go into an operation where you're thinking about your child's mother's safety over the team. It's not good for anyone. We saw a few seasons ago how Adam was willing to let an unseasoned rookie go undercover instead of Kim because of his feelings towards her. And that's not acceptable.

And as viewers, do we really want to see baby drama on screen in this type of show? That would be what we see if Adam and Kim are together and have the baby. Hearing about how the baby keeps crying, or how one's not holding the baby right, or how the baby needs a check-up and stuff like that.

Don't worry, you want see any of that, if they have the baby it will be like Nat's baby over on Med. Mentioned once or twice a season, dragged out for it's yearly episode where it's in mortal danger only to go back to being cared for by the Nanny.

And if he's gonna stop Burgess & Ruzek working together he'll need to also stop the other two as well because she has already shown to be unable to work objectively when in a relationship.

• Love 1

I almost wonder if Burgess is hoping that a "mishap" happens on the job, so she'll miscarriage and be done with that, so in her mind, she is not a abortionist, which I think she despises.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Donder said:

I almost wonder if Burgess is hoping that a "mishap" happens on the job, so she'll miscarriage and be done with that, so in her mind, she is not a abortionist, which I think she despises.

Wow! I never thought of that. It would behoove Burgess to tell Voight about her pregnancy and she should be mature enough to sit down with Ruzek and discuss her plans for their baby. 

On 1/8/2020 at 10:04 PM, mommalib said:

Voight is a piece of trash. He knows they were wrong in what happened to Angela's husband and he feels no way about it. He's a sociopath with a badge. I wish it was him that Angela shot but I guess i'll settle for Halstead.

Cheering for the cops to be shot?

The only problem with this episode is that attempted cop murderer Angela didn’t get 25 years.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:38 AM, SG11 said:

Cheering for the cops to be shot?

The only problem with this episode is that attempted cop murderer Angela didn’t get 25 years.

When a cop is just basically a thug with a badge that think they can do whatever the hell they want no matter the consequences for even other people then yes i'm cheering for him to be shot.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mommalib said:

When a cop is just basically a thug with a badge that think they can do whatever the hell they want no matter the consequences for even other people then yes i'm cheering for him to be hot.

That’s real nice, lib.

People rooting for cops to be murdered is an unfortunate sport in 2020.

Edited by SG11
3 hours ago, SG11 said:

That’s real nice, lib.

People rooting for cops to be murdered is an unfortunate sport in 2020.

I see you care nothing about Marcus the innocent black man that got killed in jailed after being unjustly profiled or the fact that Voight and Halstead covered everything up and pinned a murder on the guy to save face, not giving a damn about the man's reputation or his family.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, mommalib said:

I see you care nothing about Marcus the innocent black man that got killed in jailed after being unjustly profiled or the fact that Voight and Halstead covered everything up and pinned a murder on the guy to save face, not giving a damn about the man's reputation or his family.

But Halstead played baseball with his kid....Awwwww he has such a big heart 🙄

But just to make sure they protected themselves they then doubled down and bullied and blackmailed her into keeping quiet. Assholes.

Such a disgusting storyline.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mommalib said:

You don’t know what I think about Marcus, as I never discussed that.

Nothing I would say about that has any relation whatsoever to rooting for the murder of police.

15 hours ago, Guildford said:

But Halstead played baseball with his kid....Awwwww he has such a big heart 🙄

But just to make sure they protected themselves they then doubled down and bullied and blackmailed her into keeping quiet. Assholes.

Such a disgusting storyline.

Exactly and don't get me started on what Haley just did.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, mommalib said:

Exactly and don't get me started on what Haley just did.

Yeah I believe we've honored about 100000 dirty cops already.. And seemingly every time there's some black character ( who although probably a criminal)  isn't guilty of the particular crime but still getting the blame... If they're trying to make a point about how screwed up it can be... We get it.. How about we see some repercussions 

• Love 1