Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: P.I. Joe

Door County Cherry
  • Start Topic

And Candace down for the count.   Maybe that fight or flight needle should have turned to flight.  Because damn Love.  That might have been unexpected.  But also not so unexpected.   Just as Joe sees himself for who he really is like Candace wanted he sees Love for who see really is.  Just as serial killy as he is.  

The "I took care of it."  Might have been Love's entire personality in a nutshell.    

• Love 3

I was convinced going into this episode that Love had killed Delilah, and so the scene where Love was chopping up stuff with a knife and showing Ellie how to do the same was very creepy to me. All I could think of was that gaping slash on Delilah's throat.

• Love 4

I think the number of "called it!"s here illustrate the foreshadowing that something wasn't quite right with Love. The minute she stepped inside that storage facility I knew she was going to end up killing Candace. It wasn't so much that I had been suspicious of Love (although I had) it was just the nature of the show. This isn't CSI. This wasn't going to end with Love running off, Candace calling the police, and Joe winding up in jail. The whole story has been about Joe from the beginning and it couldn't just peter out like that. 

• Love 4

I like that they often have Joe do things like drop a cell phone and break it, get pepper sprayed, etc. I know it's usually a plot point, but it helps to not make Joe infallible, at least for a while.

Joe's face when Forty kissed his mom on the lips was hilarious. 

Poor Candace. She should have called the cops herself. 

• Love 4

I always get a contemptuous kick out of Joe putting on his baseball cap when he goes undercover.  Because that makes him unrecognizable.

I do, however, like how the plot writes itself into a corner (or should I say a plexiglass cage), and then gets itself out.  No idea how closely the first season followed the book, but since there are a lot of similarities (to say the least) with this season I assume it was close, and sometimes the twists make me curious to see what's going to happen next.

Not this time, though.  Like most of us, I knew Delilah was a goner as soon as Love showed up. 

Also agree with the poster up thread who mentioned shipping Joe and Forty.  I think deep down Joe leans toward fluid ("Not that there's anything wrong with that"), and even if he's not I could see him going there if it was to his advantage.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/18/2022 at 5:59 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Why after finding the key to the box, did Joe drop the key outside the box so he couldn’t escape?   

He told himself this was where he belonged and he was going to accept his punishment (being arrested and prison).