Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Nochebuena/S02.E10: A Very Coterie Christmas

• Start Topic

Good Trouble" will air a two-hour holiday episode on MONDAY, DEC. 16, at 9:00 p.m. EST/PST, with the full cast of "The Fosters" guest starring.

"Good Trouble" will reunite the cast of "The Fosters" when the Adams-Foster clan comes to the Coterie to spend Christmas with Callie and Mariana. In hour one, "Nochebuena," The Fosters visit the Coterie for Christmas and Callie struggles to tell her moms about quitting her clerkship, while Mariana agrees to volunteer for a holiday festival for the underprivileged. Alice is hiding a secret from the Coterie, and Davia strolls down memory lane with Dennis, opening old wounds.

In hour two, "A Very Coterie Christmas," the Fosters and the Hunters help out with the impromptu volunteer Christmas event. Stef agrees to be a part of Mariana's plan to avoid a major catastrophe, all while Gael and Jazmine deal with a painful family decision. Jamie is eager to ask Callie a very important question.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

I'm excited for this tonight. I've missed this show!

Me too!!!!

I don’t care for Jude’s long hair, I think the actors face was better suited to his short hair. Granted I’m bias as I don’t care for long hair on men unless it’s dreadlocks, but if it’s going to be long it should be full and lush like Gael’s. I’m getting middle aged soccer mom vibes- no Jude you are too cute. Okay off the shallow bus and onto the actual episode. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Await- didn’t Callie already move in with Jaime?? Wouldn’t she already have a key then? I knew when Marianna was freaking out about the box it was earrings. 
 Abuelo!!!!

I guess Noah Centineo had a filming conflict. But it was great to see his face. 

• Love 2

I was pretty sure Jamie wasn't proposing. That's probably the ring he was going to give to Maggie or whatever her name was. But they got me with that romantic picnic thing on the roof! I was like, omg he is proposing??!! Then by the end I knew it was not a ring in that box. 

Sooooo torn between Raj and Evan!  I do see chemistry between Marianna and Evan but he's her boss. It's so wrong. And Raj is so great (although being a jealous idiot at the moment) and they have great chemistry too.

(I don't remember Raj breaking up with Marianna or calling her manipulative and selfish. When I saw the previouslies I was like, huh?)

Hi Jesus! I wish you were in more of the show than 5 minutes video but I guess you're off filming To All The Boys (or something). 

Jamie's parents are the worst. Loved that Stephanie gave the mom the feet washing task. 

No comments on Brandon and his wife. I couldn't care less. 

Liking Jude and Jamie's brother Carter. I laughed a lot when Jude said Carter's parents might be more upset that he's dating another Adams Foster kid than being gay. And I agree with above poster that Jude's hair does not suit him!

Although I liked the Gael/Jasmine storyline and seeing the start of the healing of that family, did it have to happen on these episodes? It felt too disjointed. 

So... Dennis is the new owner of the coterie. Or just the new landlord? But they showed him write a check so I think he bought it? 

I was really shipping Davia and Dennis over the season but they felt more like friends this episode for me. 

Might have more to say later but that's all I got for now!

Jan 22 is when this fabulous show comes back!

Oh I do have something else. To comment on someone's question above about Callie moving in with Jamie. So, at the beginning of the two episodes we see Marianna reading the letter from Callie and I thought (and assume most people thought) Callie wrote that and moved in with Jamie after the big fight they had the previous episode. You know, the one that Callie says, you're my sister Marianna, you're supposed to have my back! But now I'm thinking that was kinda a flash forward and Callie moved in with Jamie after the Christmas party when she found out Marianna spilled the beans about her clerkship. So I don't think she was already living with Jamie. 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Await- didn’t Callie already move in with Jaime?? Wouldn’t she already have a key then? I knew when Marianna was freaking out about the box it was earrings. 

This entire Christmas episode was taking place in the past....I think in between 2x05 and 2x06? Or earlier? The only part that actually took place in the present was the beginning and end scenes. Which...I guess what Mariana did see WAS a ring. But my guess is that is was never for Callie; it might have initially been for that chick that Jamie's mother was going on and on about. That whole thing is going two ways: either Jamie and his ex were much, much more serious than Callie knows, or Jamie and his ex were not as close as his mother thinks. 

Shame that there was so little Jesus. Unfortunately, I'm not really a fan of Jesus/Emma so that little tidbit didn't make me giddy like I'm sure it made others. I don't even hate Emma; I rather like Emma, but was totally fine with Emma/Jesus breaking up in The Fosters' series finale because I felt like Emma was always ready to move on from Jesus. Plus, not all high school romances last and I was totally cool for Jesus/Emma to not last. It made more sense for them to not be together long-term, anyway. 

I did like Dennis saving the day. He did a little good, and that helped him get a little progress in his grief. 

I did laugh at Stef impersonating Collette. I loved seeing her get something funny to do.

As for the whole Adams-Foster family, it seems a lot of them are actually starting to spread out. Stef's going to Venezuela, Brandon's moving to Amsterdam with his wife, and Lena's going to Sacramento. 

Jude's long hair is...not a great look on him. Then again, I also don't like the character so I could be nitpicky. I think my main issue is that it's just a tad too long. It needs to be shaped better to suit his face.

I did not miss Mariana's inability to not snoop. But I did laugh at the entire family pointing fingers at each other for knowing about Callie quitting her clerkship. 

Gael's storyline was actually pretty interesting, even if it was predictable. I also liked Malika's.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Abuelo!!!!

I guess Noah Centineo had a filming conflict. But it was great to see his face. 

I know, I was so confused about the timing. They made a big deal about telling Lena and Steph about quitting her job, but they didn't have her tell about living with Jamie. Then I realized this episode must take place somewhere in the middle of last season? They should have been more clear.  This show really likes to play with time.  Lots of shows do that, but this is the only one where I get so confused by it.

Because Mariana and Raj were good at the end of last season, right? And Divia and Dennis weren't? There is so much I don't remember.

I enjoyed this though. It was really nice to see the whole family. They are better interacting as a group then just all the focus on Callie/Marianna drama.

• Love 4

Of course these PTB would have Callie, Brandon, and Jude dating every sibling in the same family so there is one set of in-laws. Just LOL.

I cracked up when the kids actually took a drink every time the parents said 'lovely.'

I liked the special. Good to see the whole family. I wish there was more Jesus. Surprised and a bit sad that Stef and Lena will be apart for a year while Stef is in Venezuela.

I also like that Jamie's mom's task at the carnival may have humbled her a bit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Jude's hair isn't great but I really thought that was kind of the point, like the the terrible suit he was wearing and the annoying quotes.   It is a phase kids go through in college where they are super annoying and one day they will see themselves on tv and recongize themselves and cringe and laugh because, yeah...  Just me?  Yeah, okay.  I resemble that.

• Love 12

I enjoyed the episode, even though I'm less familiar with the family because I did not watch The Fosters. I'm glad it's coming back in January.

Mariana drives me insane. First of all, why the hell is she in Jaime's closet and then going through his drawers? I hated that. But what I hated more was how she told Callie about the ring. Of course we know at the time Callie didn't like the idea, but if the moment would be totally ruined. Drinking their champagne was rude, too. 

I definitely do not want her to be with Evan. He's too old for her and she has no impulse control!

• Love 1

I was so pleasantly surprised to see this show doing a holiday special, so this was a really nice holiday gift! I enjoyed both episodes, and they did a pretty good job at using both the Good Trouble characters as well as the Addams-Foster clan. 

Poor Jamie seems like such a sweet guy, and I actually do like him and Callie together, but I feel like its not going to last, and I am not excited to see him get his heart broken. It is kind of hilarious/insane that the Addams/Foster clan managed to find three siblings of another family and hook up with ALL of them! And a super rich conservative WASP family at that! 

Judes hair looks awful, but I think its on purpose, all a part of his "I just took my first ethics class and OMG guys have you heard about this guy called Socrates?" pretentious college student vibe. I think a lot of students go through that phrase, and I am sure that one day Jude will look back on this and laugh. After getting a haircut, hopefully. 

The kids drinking every time a parent said something was "lovely" was hilarious, honestly I thought the dinner would go way worse than it actually did. 

Hi Jesus! I know your busy filming some dreamy teenage heartthrob movie for Netflix elsewhere, but its nice to see you!

I have shipped Davia and Dennis previously, but they did seem more like platonic friends in this one, and I am glad that he got to smile a bit after doing something good. He really does need help, its great that he has Davia, but she just cant handle carrying so much emotional weight. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don’t care about Christmas so episodes like this usually annoy me. But I just roll with it and try to pay attention to other things.

please remind me what happened to Callie and Mariana because I cannot remember why Callie was so mad.

also, the party was at Jamie’s parents house so why does he still have all his clothes there? He has his own apartment and he still has a room at mommy and daddy’s?

I don’t mind Jude’s hair and I agree that he is being the annoying college kid who is into ethics and philosophy. I find it amusing in a way. And his looks are so 70’s!

I get all the washing feet thing and it is a Christian thing right? I think it was a little imposing. Not all homeless are Christians and having that symbolic gesture was a bit much for me

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, alexvillage said:

I don’t care about Christmas so episodes like this usually annoy me. But I just roll with it and try to pay attention to other things.

please remind me what happened to Callie and Mariana because I cannot remember why Callie was so mad.

Callie saw a group chat where the other girls in the coterie were making fun of Callie, and Marianna joined in.

I think there was other stuff too, but that was really the deal breaker. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, alexvillage said:

also, the party was at Jamie’s parents house so why does he still have all his clothes there? He has his own apartment and he still has a room at mommy and daddy’s?

I don’t mind Jude’s hair and I agree that he is being the annoying college kid who is into ethics and philosophy. I find it amusing in a way. And his looks are so 70’s!

I get all the washing feet thing and it is a Christian thing right? I think it was a little imposing. Not all homeless are Christians and having that symbolic gesture was a bit much for me

The party was at Jamie’s condo in LA. The parents live in Newport and said normally  it would be at their house but since the Daughter and one son live in LA it made more sense to do it there. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, alexvillage said:

I am not at all religious but this is a pretty common thing for nursing students to do as well.  The thing is being homeless is really tough on the feet.  People are on their feet a lot, often in poor quality or ill fitting shoes.  And so washing the feet and clipping the toenails and clearing up the calluses and getting rid of dead tissue really is needed to see any underlying injuries that might need help healing and does provide comfort and quality of life to the homeless.   

While a number of churches do it, it has become more mainstream at places that cater to the homeless even of the more secular variety.  But everybody I know who has done it has said that it was a transformative experience because something about sitting there in such an intimate way has people opening up and telling their stories and everybody I know has left being glad they've done it and eager to sign up for the next go.

Nobodys feet are being washed without their consent and people do not have to be Christian to take part on either end of the ritual.  No scripture is read. Nobody is saved.   The first time I heard about it I thought my eyes would get stuck rolling so far back in my head but time and time again it has proven to be a worthwhile activity. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

The party was at Jamie’s condo in LA. The parents live in Newport and said normally  it would be at their house but since the Daughter and one son live in LA it made more sense to do it there. 

I thought so too for a while but the time jump was a little confusing because of Mariana's reaction to the condo's view (I think it was her). But she had been there before - which might have been "after". 

And also the way the parent's were kind of guiding the whole thing, the gift Callie gave them - maybe it is just me, but I don't take a house gift if the party is at someone else's party. Or maybe Callie saw that as a christmas gift?

7 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I am not at all religious but this is a pretty common thing for nursing students to do as well.  The thing is being homeless is really tough on the feet.  People are on their feet a lot, often in poor quality or ill fitting shoes.  And so washing the feet and clipping the toenails and clearing up the calluses and getting rid of dead tissue really is needed to see any underlying injuries that might need help healing and does provide comfort and quality of life to the homeless.   

While a number of churches do it, it has become more mainstream at places that cater to the homeless even of the more secular variety.  But everybody I know who has done it has said that it was a transformative experience because something about sitting there in such an intimate way has people opening up and telling their stories and everybody I know has left being glad they've done it and eager to sign up for the next go.

Nobodys feet are being washed without their consent and people do not have to be Christian to take part on either end of the ritual.  No scripture is read. Nobody is saved.   The first time I heard about it I thought my eyes would get stuck rolling so far back in my head but time and time again it has proven to be a worthwhile activity. 

Thanks for the explanation. I know that this happens - I didn't know that it happens in the context of nursing students - and I wasn't implying that everyone should participate. And it is great that it gives relief to the people who need it, it might also give some emotional support to them. Touch, therapeutic though if you will, is important for human beings.

Maybe it is my own bias. Even though this is a valuable experience, as you mentioned, it comes from a religious parable, and I have a hard time reconciling that. Maybe if this was done in a more regular basis (wouldn't that be great!), or not in the context of a religious holiday, it would have flown below my radar. But I will try to keep an open mind from now on, and try to see the good above the roots of the act.

Just watched both episodes in a row and I could have spent ten hours in this universe! Can't wait for the show to be back for real in January.

(The last minute left me very confused, though; so a big thanks to everyone who explained the timeline trickery!)

• Love 2

I don't watch Good Trouble but I was thrilled to see the entire Adams-Foster family again! 

Can't stand Jude's hair.

I could easily watch a spinoff of Lena and Stef; too bad that Freeform doesn't cater to that age demographic. 

What is Callie doing for a job now that she quit the clerkship?

• Love 1
On 12/16/2019 at 9:00 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Me too!!!!

I don’t care for Jude’s long hair, I think the actors face was better suited to his short hair. Granted I’m bias as I don’t care for long hair on men unless it’s dreadlocks, but if it’s going to be long it should be full and lush like Gael’s. I’m getting middle aged soccer mom vibes- no Jude you are too cute. Okay off the shallow bus and onto the actual episode. 

On 12/17/2019 at 2:33 AM, bybrandy said:

Jude's hair isn't great but I really thought that was kind of the point, like the the terrible suit he was wearing and the annoying quotes.   It is a phase kids go through in college where they are super annoying and one day they will see themselves on tv and recongize themselves and cringe and laugh because, yeah...  Just me?  Yeah, okay.  I resemble that.

On 12/17/2019 at 5:10 PM, tennisgurl said:

but I think its on purpose, all a part of his "I just took my first ethics class and OMG guys have you heard about this guy called Socrates?" pretentious college student vibe. I think a lot of students go through that phrase, and I am sure that one day Jude will look back on this and laugh. After getting a haircut, hopefully. 

Wow, I'm surprised that so many people hated Jude's hair.  I loved it! I never found him attractive before, but with the long hair, I was like Ohhh, he's actually pretty attractive. I guess I am biased because I have a thing for pretty guys with long, pretty hair. Oh well.