Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Absolution

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Jay was being a fool with Angela in that basement. "Here, have this gun." So if course she shoots him cuz Jay's the idiot who told her about Marcus. Gah!

I'm wondering how Hank is going to explain that dude's face to his lawyer. He was so beat up. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, rhys said:

Jay was being a fool with Angela in that basement. "Here, have this gun." So if course she shoots him cuz Jay's the idiot who told her about Marcus. Gah!

So we have a Halstead cliffhanger. Just wondering since his role has been greatly diminished if he's being written out of the series by meeting his demise.  Just a thought on my part.

3 hours ago, preeya said:

So we have a Halstead cliffhanger. Just wondering since his role has been greatly diminished if he's being written out of the series by meeting his demise.  Just a thought on my part.

Not going to happen. He needs to hook up with Upton before he can be killed. 😉

• Love 4

I don't feel sorry for Jay at all.  What the hell did he think would happen after confessing to facilitating a man's murder leaving his family to grieve and to suffer.    Upton using that innocent kid to get his dad to confess was a new low for her. What a despicable human being. 

From the Preview for next year, I see Voight threatening the lady that shot Jay.  The chickens have come home to roost, he and his band of thugs have acted with impunity for so long with no remorse. Sooner or later somebody that they hurt would strike back and  now Jay is fighting for his life.

I despise Kevin. What a sellout! 

• Love 1

Finally watched some of it....if you Fast forward through Hypocrite Hailey it takes just under half hour to watch. Man is she painful....I guess her sanctimony is only relevant when it doesn't involve Dumbstead. And that ridiculous smirk on her face is maddening. 

And now Voight is pandering to her....she's basically the Gabby of PD now.

How stupid is Halstead? I know Ruzek gets lambasted for being an idiot, but seriously Halstead is just as dumb as rocks and arrogant. What did he think was going to happen? She was going to forgive him because he played baseball with her orphaned son? Oh poor Jay 🙄

While I understand Burgess is still coming to terms with everything but it's frustrating seeing her revert to the non-communication that was a contributing factor to her initial break-up with Ruzek. The guy is trying - if he says he wants her to keep it he's an asshole, if he says he wants her to get rid of it  he's an asshole. She's not giving him a lot of feedback or anything to work with. He's walking on eggshells.

It's nice to see he's not doing the predictable fawning all over her and being overprotective but I think that's more the fact that the writers needed to make sure we saw St Upton every thirty seconds just incase we forgot her boyfriend was missing.

Wonder which co-worker she'll hook up with this time she's upset about her boyfriend....perhaps Voight? 

I cannot for the life of me understand what Atwater is mumbling half the time.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Guildford said:

How stupid is Halstead? I know Ruzek gets lambasted for being an idiot, but seriously Halstead is just as dumb as rocks and arrogant. What did he think was going to happen? She was going to forgive him because he played baseball with her orphaned son? Oh poor Jay 🙄

While I understand Burgess is still coming to terms with everything but it's frustrating seeing her revert to the non-communication that was a contributing factor to her initial break-up with Ruzek. The guy is trying - if he says he wants her to keep it he's an asshole, if he says he wants her to get rid of it  he's an asshole. She's not giving him a lot of feedback or anything to work with. He's walking on eggshells.

Yes to all this. Ruzek is trying to step up and I appreciate it. It's just clear that Burgess doesn't want to discuss anything with him and he doesn't know what to do. 

And Halstead was an idiot to tell the wife what he did. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Guildford said:

I read a TV Line interview with Soffer a couple of days ago and he said they have mostly new writers and, apparently, they don't expect them to be familiar with the characters (he was asked if Halstead's relationship with Lindsey would make him wary of getting involved with Upton and he said he doubts that on the writers' minds because they're mostly new).

I guess, that could explain why Burgess is reverting back to not communicating.

I'm usually not a fan of pregnancy stories but this has the potential to be interesting because of how they've started writing it. I like when there are conflicting emotions in a character. It'll be interesting to see where they take it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I read a TV Line interview with Soffer a couple of days ago and he said they have mostly new writers and, apparently, they don't expect them to be familiar with the characters (he was asked if Halstead's relationship with Lindsey would make him wary of getting involved with Upton and he said he doubts that on the writers' minds because they're mostly new).

I guess, that could explain why Burgess is reverting back to not communicating.

I'm usually not a fan of pregnancy stories but this has the potential to be interesting because of how they've started writing it. I like when there are conflicting emotions in a character. It'll be interesting to see where they take it.

Wow!   That doesn't say much for the writers.   I would think that new writers would go back and watch the entire series before attempting to develop new episodes.   If they had, they'd be aware of the relationship between Jay and Erin.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, AnnA said:

Wow!   That doesn't say much for the writers.   I would think that new writers would go back and watch the entire series before attempting to develop new episodes.   If they had, they'd be aware of the relationship between Jay and Erin.

It does explain a helluva lot though doesn't it?

• Love 4

Jay is his own worst enemy. No amount of playing baseball with her son and giving her money will ever negate the fact that Jay’s over zealousness contributed to her husband’s death. Angela was wrong for shooting him, but I can’t muster up any sympathy for him. Kim needs to communicate with Adam, he can’t read her mind. I swear sometimes LaRoyce Hawkins is just trying his hardest not to roll his eyes with some of the lines being spewed out by Voight and company.

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, rhys said:

I'm wondering how Hank is going to explain that dude's face to his lawyer. He was so beat up. 

So that was some easy acting for Halstead this episode.  "Squint your left eye shut the entire time, pretend you're in pain, and talk slowly like it hurts."   I don't think he gave her a gun, did he?  I remember him giving her a metal bar to protect herself.  Was she handcuffed?  Or was she just tied down like Jay?  Why wouldn't Jay at least help her to get free?

So dumb that Halstead told her that they screwed up.  Should have just kept his mouth shut.  I guess he thought maybe they were going to die and he didn't want Angela to go to the grave thinking that Marcus killed those two young boys?  Sadly now, Angela is not going to go quietly.  Seems like an easy lawsuit that she would win.  So that means the possibilities are: 1) She dies in the hospital from infection before she can tell the media, 2) Voight smothers her with a pillow and takes care of the problem, 3) Voight settles with her from his slush fund, but that wouldn't buy her continued silence, or 4) She goes public and nobody believes her.

No mention of Burgess' pregnancy this episode?

Upton crying because she was worried about Jay.  Yeah, there's some real feelings there.  Can't wait for them to get horizontal, but I know I'm one of the few Upton fans here.

• Love 3

Like someone said, people rag on Ruzek for being stupid, but he is legitimately not that bright. But every storyline that involves Jay he just makes one stupid decision after another. How does he walk in on that woman with the gun who wanted to out him to killers minutes before? And he thinks playing with her kid fixes anything? And tells her in the first place? Ugh, awful episode.

8 hours ago, Donder said:

Easily PD's worst season ever. The falloff from season 6 is noticeable much less from the even better season 5.

Sadly it's been on a downward spiral since Rick Eid showed up...it's decline is certainly gathering pace this year though.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:01 AM, rhys said:

I like to think this was the result of all the blood loss and beatings to the head, not Jay himself talking...

On 11/25/2019 at 2:12 PM, greyhorse said:

No mention of Burgess' pregnancy this episode?

Yes, she and Ruzek were talking at the very beginning; it seems she/they are still undecided.

On 11/23/2019 at 7:44 PM, AnnA said:

Agreed. It would be like getting hired by a company, and not doing some basic research on what the company produces, some of their recent projects, history, etc. 

• Love 2