Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: That Perfect Family

• Start Topic

Kiaya’s water breaks in the middle of the night. Ashley leans in to singlehood. Brianna gets a response from Braeson’s father. Kayla realizes she’s in a lose-lose situation. Rachel is trying to break the cycle.

Airs November 19, 2019

Briana has the power to cut this crazy out of her life.  I don't know why she's all worked up over it.  I get that she is confused that they contacted her about it and then got bitchy and weird like she was trying to interfere with their lives.  And I get that she was happy for Braeson to have a father figure.  But, she's done it on her own this far, and previously said that she didn't want to even contact who she thought was the father.  She didn't care about it at all.  But now she's letting herself get sucked into this drama.  I know it sucks, but these people sound nuts and it's probably for the best Braeson doesn't get to know them.  They'd be in and out depending on the alignment of the stars probably.  Her and Braeson would be in for years of this stupid crap that she's had to deal with for a few weeks now.  Count your blessings, tell them you agree that their decision is what's best and get on with life without them.  They don't want him in their lives?  Well maybe Braeson doesn't need them in his life.  They seem very unstable to me. 

• Love 13

I hope Mallorie does sign baby Emerson over to her mom.  It would be the most mature thing she could do, outside of getting her crap together, that is.  Rachel was right when she was talking to her mom about her dad.  I'm going to hold out hope for her that she'll overcome her upbringing.  Their brother seems like a caring kid, too. 

• Love 10

Malorie had me side eying so fucking hard. "I love that child. I would do anything for her". Ahem. Except bring her up! Or give up your fabulous social life (let me guess, a string of scrawny, snaggletoothed losers, Natty light, and meth).

Kayla makes me want to scream. She seems dead set on screwing up Luke's chances. "wah, if I go with you it will be far, and I won't have any friends!". I loved his pragmatic "you'll make some" in response. Kayla. You are what? 19 years old? 20? You could look at it as an adventure. Why does she want to tie Luke to her and Crapville forever? If you move to a new town, you take your kids to the park and meet other mothers. Everyone is in the same boat, they're home with babies and bored. You will make friends more easily than you ever have in your life. I find her reluctance discouraging. She defeats herself before she even begins.

Brianna just exhausts me. Why doesn't she just say "OK, then. Now we know. See you later"? And her mother is no better. Way to feed into the drama that need not be drama at all!

Don't even get me started on her dragging a brush through Brianna's wet hair! Use a wide tooth comb! Brushing it wet will damage her hair. Brianna may be dumb as a stump but she has nice hair.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Kayla makes me want to scream. She seems dead set on screwing up Luke's chances.

Luke should have been using 2 condoms. Kayla is just going to suck the life out of him. I hope his family can keep him on the right path.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, eskimo said:

Briana has the power to cut this crazy out of her life.  I don't know why she's all worked up over it.  I get that she is confused that they contacted her about it and then got bitchy and weird like she was trying to interfere with their lives.  And I get that she was happy for Braeson to have a father figure.  But, she's done it on her own this far, and previously said that she didn't want to even contact who she thought was the father.  She didn't care about it at all.  But now she's letting herself get sucked into this drama.  I know it sucks, but these people sound nuts and it's probably for the best Braeson doesn't get to know them.  They'd be in and out depending on the alignment of the stars probably.  Her and Braeson would be in for years of this stupid crap that she's had to deal with for a few weeks now.  Count your blessings, tell them you agree that their decision is what's best and get on with life without them.  They don't want him in their lives?  Well maybe Braeson doesn't need them in his life.  They seem very unstable to me. 

Hahahahah!  We will send money but not interested in ANY visitation.

‘ok, Send money, bitch!  Here is my Paypal!’

You better send plenty or else I am turning in his name to Welfare.  They will garnish my food stamps from your check! 

What is so hard about that?

• Love 10

For Brianna I don't think it's about being coolly rational, it's hitting her emotionally in a way I don't think she was at all prepared for. This guy called her, dangled the possibility that Braeson may have a father in his life, then his girlfriend suddenly is threatening her by text and he is completely distancing himself from her and Braeson. This all in a pretty short period of time. I think this is just emotionally jarring and very upsetting for her and for her on Braeson's behalf. I mean it's great she can get some financial support (if that ever happens) but she's being put thru some emotional shit over this and she wasn't the one that initiated it, HE was.  And she is still a teenager (one of the youngest on the show). I don't know how I would have handled any of his at her age.

• Love 14

Thanks for pointing that out, @Andyourlittledog2. I'm so used to just being fed up to the eyeballs with the teenage drama and angst that I sometimes forget that these are very young women who are in what must seem overwhelming circumstances sometimes. Brianna's not very bright but she seems to have a kind heart and she's devoted to her baby. This must be tough for her. 

Still ready to shake Kayla, though. 

• Love 8

No sympathy AT ALL for Kiaya in labor.  She's screaming and writhing in "pain", hysterics galore and it turns out she's - WHAT?!?! - dilated 2cm?!?! Oh please, honey, GTFOH.  I didn't get to watch the entire episode yet but I did see that she settled down enough to do someone else's makeup.  These girls.....

Rachel, bless her ever-lovin' heart, wants a perfect fambly.  Umm, guess what, layin' down with a couple of losers who don't even seem to care to wash their faces let alone speak complete sentences isn't going to get her anywhere near the perfect fambly.  It's a little/lot too late for her.  But, poor thing, she never had a chance to have any kind of role model.  The whole double-wide is doomed. 

Yeah, Brianna's baby-daddy really jerked her around but she didn't want him involved anyway, so it's a win-win.  The dramatic about-face was confusing though, and I would love to know the other side of the story.

Funny, I too was looking for the chair-catch when they replayed Bar's birthday riot footage!  Epic!

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

The whole double-wide is doomed. 

If only. That's a single-wide, and a sad one. A double-wide would be a hell of an upgrade for the 5 people who live there.

I won't hold my breath till Braeson actually receives a dollar from his father. That family's poverty isn't going anywhere, either.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I was hoping during the birthday party flashback they would show her sister catching the chair midair. 

This is the second clip of that party shown this season and neither showed the midair-chair-grab-and-launch.  The best part.  MTV fails us yet again. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 11/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Malorie had me side eying so fucking hard. "I love that child. I would do anything for her". Ahem. Except bring her up! Or give up your fabulous social life (let me guess, a string of scrawny, snaggletoothed losers, Natty light, and meth).

Kayla makes me want to scream. She seems dead set on screwing up Luke's chances. "wah, if I go with you it will be far, and I won't have any friends!". I loved his pragmatic "you'll make some" in response. Kayla. You are what? 19 years old? 20? You could look at it as an adventure. Why does she want to tie Luke to her and Crapville forever? If you move to a new town, you take your kids to the park and meet other mothers. Everyone is in the same boat, they're home with babies and bored. You will make friends more easily than you ever have in your life. I find her reluctance discouraging. She defeats herself before she even begins.

Brianna just exhausts me. Why doesn't she just say "OK, then. Now we know. See you later"? And her mother is no better. Way to feed into the drama that need not be drama at all!

Don't even get me started on her dragging a brush through Brianna's wet hair! Use a wide tooth comb! Brushing it wet will damage her hair. Brianna may be dumb as a stump but she has nice hair.

Kayla is a terrible person and I will be so pissed if she ruins his chances. I have a feeling, though, that his mother will not allow him to miss out on this opportunity. She'll be, like, "that little bitch can stay here if she wants but you are going to the best school you can get into." The one time we saw her, I did not get the impression that she cares for Luke being hooked up with this trashy girl. 

• Love 3

Brianna may not have a choice about the whole situation with Brayson's father.... if she needs any sort of public assistance for herself and/or Brayson (no shame!), she will be asked who the biological father is. I can't say this is true across the board.... but... generally speaking, public assistance programs want fathers (or absent mothers) to pay child support for their children to offset the need for funds to be distributed if possible. 

Imagine a scenario where the biological father is living somewhere making a good living, while the mother is taking care of the child and relying on public assistance (and not receiving child support). That is the type of case where the state wants the mother and child to get their legally entitled child support.

In this case, its a very young father who probably doesn't have much income... but the child support laws will determine what he is going to have to pay.

He chose to reach out.... so whatever financial obligations may be coming his way are due to his own actions.  

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 4

I think I would feel better at least knowing my biological father met his legal, financial obligation to me vs. pretending I didn't exist at all. I don't have a lot of hope that Braeson will get to test my theory, though. He's going to have the same damn daddy issues as Brianna. How I wish these kids would pause for a second and think about whether they've got what the kids need before they decide to parent.

• Love 4

I wish more people watched this trainwreck so I could have more hilarious posts to read. Mallorie (or however you spell her name) is disturbing to watch. There's a lot of general dysfunction in that family but it's clear she has no interest in raising a child whatsoever. I'm actually glad she had the clarity and maturity to admit that out loud and contemplate signing her over to her mother. But while she's riding the honesty train, let's not go so far as to say "I'd do anything for that child" because bitch, that's just a lie. You won't stop smoking meth behind the town dumpster long enough to feed your own baby, just own up to it. I feel horrible for little Emerson, who will grow up with the exact same abandonment issues that Mallorie and Rachel have. 

• Love 10
On 11/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm guessing this is because her life is so boring right now and producers constructed this to bring in some drama.  Don't forget when they cast her she was in a volatile relationship with Danae while he was in the midst of his gender transition process. And they found him interesting enough to give him his own show when the relationship ended.

When it comes to child support, I don't know how the laws work if the parents are living in separate states.  Is one state still able to attach a parent's pay for child support?

I want to like Brianna and her mom but please, eat some healthier food!  Seems like they are always eating junk and fast food, not good for the baby and in a few years Brianna will weigh as much as her mom.

Edited by JasminePhyllisia
  • Love 1

I wish they had thought to maybe give Emerson up for adoption instead of using her as a pawn to please an abusive boyfriend. Someone probably could have given that child a much better life. So is she working on herself by going out every night? It’s bullshit. The family is so messy it’s hard to watch - too stressful.