Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Tale of the Fallen Sea Queen 

• Start Topic

Believing that solving Lucy's murder will lead to solving Tiffany's murder, the Drew Crew resolves to find a way to speak with the only eyewitness to both murders-Dead Lucy herself. To prepare for this incredibly risky séance, they set off to investigate the last few hours of Lucy Sable's life. Ultimately, they confront Dead Lucy in a horrifying séance, and Nancy is faced with a truth that seems to validate her greatest fear.

Promo:

Original air date: 11/20/19

39 minutes ago, mommalib said:

Damn they broke up Nick and Nancy after just 7 episodes? Not cool

Ace might be dead? Not cool

Is surprising... But wasn't blindsided by it.. And actually happy it had nothing to do with cheating.. Or overheard conversations taken outta context.. U know typical tv show with teens reasons for breaking up... Nick just wasn't having it anymore.. Nancy values her stuff more than she values what's going on with Nick... I appreciate her saying she's trying... But that would be tiring as hell... So kudos to the show for keeping it grounded.. On a show with ghosts no less... Just don't screw it up by dragging smarmy ass owen back up in the paint.. We don't need that.. Let's just have them continue to work on themselves.. And hey as a guy ima be selfish and say I wanna see the girl win the guy back... 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Is surprising... But wasn't blindsided by it.. And actually happy it had nothing to do with cheating.. Or overheard conversations taken outta context.. U know typical tv show with teens reasons for breaking up... Nick just wasn't having it anymore.. Nancy values her stuff more than she values what's going on with Nick... I appreciate her saying she's trying... But that would be tiring as hell... So kudos to the show for keeping it grounded.. On a show with ghosts no less... Just don't screw it up by dragging smarmy ass owen back up in the paint.. We don't need that.. Let's just have them continue to work on themselves.. And hey as a guy ima be selfish and say I wanna see the girl win the guy back... 

Yeah if they get back together it's probably gonna have to be Nancy initiating, well that's what i'm hoping. I refuse to believe this is the end of them and I didn't get that vibe. And yes keep Owen the hell away.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Has a seance ever completely worked in TV Land (or hell, real life for that matter?)  At least they got a few answers like the same person didn't kill both Lucy and Tiffany, and Lucy's killer is apparently a Hudson, but not really?  Hmm...

Definitely think Carson will end up being involved in some shady shit concerning the Hudsons and Lucy's death, but I suspect he won't be the actual killer.  It will probably involve Nancy's mom as well.

Chief McGinnis not only apparently sucks at his job, but can't even keep secrets well, since he just blabs what Ace told him about the poison  mere hours after Nancy revealed that information.  Way to protect your informant, buddy.

George has some funny moments in this one.  I'm really digging her.  Bess too.

Nancy and Nick already break-up.  I'm sure this means Owen will be entering back into the picture soon.

Hope Ace's "death" is a fake-out: he's not perfect, but I think he generally means well.

• Love 6

The exposition among the characters to catch viewers up at the beginning of the episode felt contrived and I doubt it would have helped any new viewers.

I agree if Nancy and Ned had to break up, at least it's understandable.  Nancy was withholding information from him last episode, and while he was a tad annoying pushing Nancy to speculate about her father being paid off, it did seem like she was being especially guarded, plus he was probably subconsciously quite angry over the melted coins.  I just hope this isn't pretext for a triangle with that smarmy Owen Marvin.

I was surprised Nancy was actually not wanting to believe her father was involved.  At least now we know she has human feelings.  

I'm sure we will find out Carson had good reason to do what he did (which will involve protecting her mother), but replicating Nancy's texts on his phone was shady as hell and a huge invasion of privacy.  Stealing the evidence from the university was low.  I'm glad Nancy asked him point-blank and hopefully, we find out Carson's motivations next episode.

I was surprised Ace didn't get his own episode and Nancy realizing he was working for the police chief was buried within this episode.  I'm surprised Nancy didn't try to look at Ace's phone when he put it down since she's all about invasion of privacy like daddy-o.

This episode had a few things which happened off-camera, which was a tad annoying.  So Ace confronted Laura about suing Tiffany, except this was the first we'd heard of it.  

Could Nick have chosen a more flimsy box for those coins?  So he works at the garage but lives there?  

Of course, on this ghosts-are-real show, Nancy's angle for solving the case is to ask the dead person who the murderer is.  And how convenient - special coins for attracting the dead on the night of the full moon which just happens to be tonight!  And how lucky, an object Lucy touched that day is this necklace that Nick's boss happens to wear!  

It was annoying how Nancy and the team clearly didn't brainstorm relevant questions for Lucy beforehand, leaving them asking random questions and acquiring very little new information.  Instead of "Did the Hudsons kill you?", why not break it down to individual Hudsons?  Ask if Person X hired someone to kill you?

At least there was some semblance of an investigation before the seance... interviewing witnesses/other possible suspects, finding photos from Lucy's final days, watching video footage, etc.  You'd think a real detective would have STARTED with these several weeks ago. 

I did like how this seance gave George some added insight into her mother.

• Love 6

Is it wrong that I loved Laura's posters?

Who says, "I took an internet stroll this morning"?

Nancy is supposed to be smart, but when Ace told her that she learned something about Laura, she just said she couldn't trust him and walked away. It's fine if you don't trust someone who you just discovered has been spying on you, but at least let him tell you what he found out and then you can decide whether or not it's valid information?

I'm glad that Nick decided that he didn't need to put up with Nancy's version of a relationship. I mean, yes, you're still entitled to your privacy even when you're married, but she just keeps everything to herself. She barely shares more with him now than when they were just fuck buddies.  

I found it a little odd that no one in town has realized Nick's boss is Lucy's brother, especially since he inherited the garage from his grandfather.

I had to laugh at Nancy's continued lack of subtlety when trying to get information out of people: "Did you kill Lucy Sable?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Not a bad episode, overall. However, yeah, stop relying on the ghosts to tell Nancy what's up. Last episode, they went overboard with it. This episode was a little better, but I'm really hoping for the Drew Crew to be able to solve these mysteries on their own.

That being said, loved the use of the dragon toy thing from George's sister. That was a neat way to communicate with Lucy.

I understand Nick ending things with Nancy due to her keeping secrets. It's true that she doesn't share anything that she's going through so it can be frustrating. This is why they shouldn't have been in a relationship right off the bat. It's too early for a break-up. They should have allowed them to stay friends with benefits. I have grown to like Nick as well. His scenes with George are great, and I hope to see Nick interact more with others. Maybe with this break-up, we'll get to see more of him.

However, I hope this love triangle stuff stops ASAP. I don't want an even single Nick to continue casting his death glare eyes at Nancy/Owen. This love triangle has bothered me because I don't like Owen and I don't like Nick acting like Nancy was ever interested in Owen. They've been going overboard with Nick's jealousy over Nancy/Owen. I hate when two people in a love triangle starts a pissing contest with each other over the person they're interested in. No matter if it's two girls, two guys, or a guy/girl (more rare for this option). So if they could drop this trait about Nick, that would be fantastic.

I liked the scene with Lucy's brother. Hi Kenneth Mitchell! I'm so used to the actor playing a shady guy or just a plain bad guy, which is why I'm already suspicious that he had involvement in his sister's death. 

Ace gets caught by Nancy, which is understandable. But girl, you gotta listen to the information first BEFORE dismissing Ace. Get the info and judge for yourself. I hate these little tropes.

Carson returns and is already a suspect. He obviously didn't kill anyone, since it's still early in the season, but I wonder what they'll spin with him. 

So....Ace might be dead? Oh, please no. But I guess, when the town is filled with ghosts, a dead character isn't that big of a deal. But still, I hope he isn't actually dead. 

• Love 2

I loved that when Nick showed up at the restaurant, George made his coffee the way he liked it without even asking. I think that was one part to spite Nancy and one part that they’re friends after their stakeout. 

I don’t think Carson killed Lucy but I do think (1) he knows more than he’s told Nancy or the police and (2) he has definitely done some shady shit for the Hudson family (hence why his wife made him promise never to work for them again).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I loved that when Nick showed up at the restaurant, George made his coffee the way he liked it without even asking. I think that was one part to spite Nancy and one part that they’re friends after their stakeout

Yeah that had Nancy shade all over it.. Like.. " see this is how you treat a good guy Nancy... Not by ditching him and the rest of us to let some older dude flier with you.. And then do it some more in front of him.. While also keeping him at arms length"... 

If people could really talk to ghosts, I’m positive they would straight up tell you who killed them but tv and faux mediums. Maybe Papa Hudson killed them both? That’s the predictable ending to the murder mysteries. Nancy’s daddy definitely didn’t do it. 

33 minutes ago, Simba122504 said:

If people could really talk to ghosts, I’m positive they would straight up tell you who killed them but tv and faux mediums. 

That's what's so contrived about this whole situation.  They've now "questioned" Dead Tiffany and Dead Lucy and they're still nowhere close to identifying the killers. 

Plus Dead Lucy can drop by whenever she feels like it, so is she just going to drop a crumb every week?  Google says a quarter moon and a gibbous moon and cloudy skies and climate change are also conducive to spirit communication, so that should keep this going for the rest of the season.

I know they didn't know the coins would conveniently melt, but why didn't Nancy and the gang use one coin at a time?  Even one coin was attracting those dark shadows in the archives, so you'd think they would want to be safe and ramp up gradually.  

• Love 2
On 11/20/2019 at 10:33 PM, mommalib said:

Damn they broke up Nick and Nancy after just 7 episodes? Not cool

Ace might be dead? Not cool

Maybe Nancy will meet a guy who actually calls himself Ned.

I'm not sold on the name "Drew Crew." I keep reading it as Drew Carey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ketose said:

Maybe Nancy will meet a guy who actually calls himself Ned.

It's not like his name isn't Ned but he just has a nickname(no pun intended) it's not the end of the world.

Hope Ace is not dead! As a The Fosters fan, I was really happy to see him! I'm guessing the Hudson's tried (or succeeded) to kill Laura by making it look like a car accident. 

Maybe an answer to the above poster who asked how the town didn't recognize Lucy's brother since he inherited the garage from his grandfather. The brother made a point to say he was Lucy's half brother so maybe the the grandfather was his grandfather but not Lucy's? So no one in town associated him with Lucy? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

No Ace! I hope that he isnt really dead and just injured or something! I think he a decently well meaning guy, he just made some bad choices and panicked. So did the Hudsons mess with the car, or did his kind of girlfriend attack him? He was recording everything and sending it to Nancy, so hopefully they can figure it out pretty soon. Also, always get in the information from your informants BEFORE they leave! 

The toy dragon as the ghost conduit was pretty cool, I wonder who the ghost talking to Georges sister was? The seance was creepy, and I am glad that it allowed George to get some more perspective of her mother, and more sympathy for what she must go through. I also cracked up at Georges sister listening to music and reading during the seance surrounded by salt. 

I like Nancy, but I dont blame Nick for leaving, she really does keep so much from him and he always seems to be on her back burner. Yeah she has a lot going on, but he really bends over backwards for her and she hardly seems interested in him beyond the case, especially as she is clearly into that obviously sketchy older guy. I could get into Nick and George, but you know it would create a ton of drama, especially as George and Nancy connect more. 

Also, Nancy really needs to work on her interrogation techniques. There are easier ways to get information than just asking people if they killed somebody!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

especially as she is clearly into that obviously sketchy older guy. I could get into Nick and George, but you know it would create a ton of drama, especially as George and Nancy connect more. 

I knew I wasn't the only one... Like of the show isn't trying to make us think Nancy is giving owen a chance to shoot his shot.. They coulda fooled me... Nick/George make a lot of sense on paper and on screen... But even if the show went there they'd just be used for drama instead of two relatively level-headed kids who got close and built something... Instead it'd be jealousy and pointed fingers and accusations about yadda yadda 

• Love 2
On 11/21/2019 at 1:41 AM, Camera One said:

So Ace confronted Laura about suing Tiffany, except this was the first we'd heard of it. 

Ace confronting Laura about suing Tiffany was shown in this ep.

On 11/21/2019 at 10:15 AM, Lady Calypso said:

So....Ace might be dead? Oh, please no. But I guess, when the town is filled with ghosts, a dead character isn't that big of a deal. But still, I hope he isn't actually dead. 

Now I'm kinda into the idea of Ace being dead but still being on the show as a ghost lol.

On 11/22/2019 at 5:36 PM, ketose said:

That's how I read it at first too!

16 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Nick/George make a lot of sense on paper and on screen... But even if the show went there they'd just be used for drama instead of two relatively level-headed kids who got close and built something... Instead it'd be jealousy and pointed fingers and accusations about yadda yadda 

This is why I don't think I want them to turn romantic. I think they have tons more chem than Nick/Nancy but I'm afraid of what you described happening if they put them together so I just want them to become best friends and have a lot of scenes together because they work fantastically together.

Ugh, I love this stupid show so much. I dread the day it turns into Riverdale and I rage quit watching it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ace confronting Laura about suing Tiffany was shown in this ep.

Yes.  I expected seeing Ace finding out that Laura had sued Tiffany first.  It was jarring that it was never mentioned by Ace or any other character before Ace confronted Laura about it in this episode.  One would think Ace finding out that Laura was not telling him the full truth would have been a big moment.

6 hours ago, Camera One said:

Yes.  I expected seeing Ace finding out that Laura had sued Tiffany first.  It was jarring that it was never mentioned by Ace or any other character before Ace confronted Laura about it in this episode.  One would think Ace finding out that Laura was not telling him the full truth would have been a big moment.

Ah, I see. I agree because when he told her he found out she was suing Tiffany I was wondering when exactly that happened, like was it sometime during this ep or earlier.

I'm all in for George, Victoria and now Ted with her pet ouija dragon.

I like NedNick even more now that he's called it quits with Nancy. The actress is fine, but the character is really self-absorbed and sanctimonious. As written, she's the least interesting character when she should be the most compelling. She seems to exist only because the show's called Nancy Drew. Ned's response to the gold coins melting was extremely believable, with just as believable fallout. The breakup scene was really well-done.

In contrast to the fallout to every supernatural event. At least they show Victoria having to drink because she constantly sees them. Nancy &co. (I reject "Drew Crew") usually shrug off the really scary things that happen past the initial reaction. 

Is George still in the shadow of the dead-within-one-year spilled blood prophecy, or did her possession take care of that?

• Love 4