Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: I Want to Be Free

After taking the stand during Nate Senior’s murder trial, Bonnie’s world is turned upside down when a mysterious accident leads her to a hard realization. The students compete for a large cash bonus during the final exam where they must come up with the best defense for a conspiracy-to-murder charge.

Airdate: Thursday, November 14, 2019

First things first...PUPPIES 😄 ❤️!!!! 

Second, well, that ending certainly seems to lend credence to what we all think will happen to Annalise. I liked the device this episode with all the students arguing different options for that Snow White case, and tying it into what they were each dealing with throughout the episode. 

Man, poor Asher is blundering up so much in his attempt to win back Michaela. I did like his quiet, protective "I'll destroy him" response upon hearing about Gabriel saying awful things to her, though. 

I liked the talk between Connor and Oliver towards the end of the episode. 

Somebody please give Bonnie a big hug and look after her. I'm very worried about her :(. 

• Love 9

Gabriel is still on the show why? What douche comments to Michaela. I hate him.

Is Annalise actually faking her death or is there another twist?

Poor Bonnie. She can never catch a break.

Tegan is still awesome.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

So, Nate just found out that he killed an innocent man, and Billy Brown cannot register any actual emotional response to that? If you're going to suck at the job for which you are paid so much money, please be shirtless so that I can focus on something more pleasant.

Bless him, he really just can't act. And if Robert (call me, Robert) is going to comment on Nate's muscles, they should at least show them.

PUPPIES! That was too cute. You could tell those responses were genuine from the actors.

Tegan looked gorgeous in that blue, and her lipstick game is always tight. 

So do we think that Annalise really did disappear, or was that Snow White comparison (which cracked me up - when Asher called Doc the mastermind, I died) so obvious as to be a red herring? I hope it's the former.

• Love 8

Yeah....Nate and Gabriel can both go wherever. Run away, die in a horrific accident, I don't care. Both suck. Nate didn't seem to give a shit about avenging his father's murder. He seems to only care about taking down the Governor. Here's a hint, Nate: take the 10 million for your "Pops" and just move on. It's just ridiculous, knowing that Nate hadn't talked to his father in decades right up until the last few months before his death. I understand he was just reconnecting, but let's not act like he loved his father so much and was devastated over his death.

It sucks when a parent dies, but Nate just...irritates me in general. What a boring character and what a waste of a storyline to watch. 

Similar to Gabriel. I have to believe that their choice in making him an awful human being is to prep for when Asher murders Gabriel. They're setting that possibility up nice and I don't need a fakeout here. Asher murdering Gabriel in a blackout rage will do just fine. 

Bonnie finds out about Miller's innocence and rightfully kicks Frank out of her room. Dumbass should have told Bonnie ages ago. I will say that Frank and Annalise both probably made the wrong choice in keeping this from her. Sure, they believed that Bonnie would try to kill herself after the news but at least she would have had them to stop her. Now, Bonnie's not going to talk to either of them AND she could still kill herself. Good job, guys. 

PUPPIES. That was a fun scene. That was also needed. 

Asher wins something, which is great. Even if the case was kind of stupid to begin with for their final exam, but it DOES seem to parallel the flashforward of Annalise faking her death, so that's fun. I think I could live with Annalise faking her death and taking off to somewhere tropical for the rest of her life. She needs a good long vacation. Hopefully she takes her new boyfriend with her; he's great and I hope he stays great.

• Love 9

The Snow White things was out there but damn I felt it more tolerable than what we got last week. Also why the hell is Rome Flynn's name in the credits before Aja Naomi King's is ABC trying to make me pop a blood vessel?......ugh

I'm glad Asher won but why are they trying to turn him into some bumbling dudebro who doesn't know how to talk to Michaela again Pete are you trying to insinuate that Knockoff Wes is better/ knows Michaela better than Asher? You are doing a shitty job. That ship has sailed he's Sam's kid do you know what that means Pete? That means he's the worst just like his father was. A fact that everyone seems to forget especially since pompous ass, "I'm a nice guy" Wes came to town. Stop with this revisionist history at this point Idc how whiny & ungrateful the K3 has been in the past cos Garbage bin Wes has surpassed everyone in that department with blaming Annalise for Sam. 

Micheala why are you moping over a man who you willingly dumped(not to mention cheated on but like I said before that doesn't bother me personally, because you should've never gotten with him to start) and moved on rather quickly? All that crap he said to her was him projecting like the asshole he is, and REVISIONIST HISTORY STRIKES AGAIN!! Did hand me down Wes forget that he was the one who talked Micheala into trying to find her bio dad? Just as importantly did the writers forget???  

Found this nugget on another site I wanted to share: "I dont know what men dont understand about the fact that women can be multifaceted … wanting a man does not jeopardize your independence … being independent does not mean you wont want to share your life with someone … it’s almost as if you can have a strong understanding and sense of self and your own personal boundaries AND be in a relationship and you dont have to sacrifice those things … but will men ever comprehend that …" =TEA  

Swear to god if the writers try to push this narrative of "Strong dark-skinned black woman who don't need no man" trope I will go to ABC & bitch slap everyone that had a hand in it and shove my foot up Pete's ass smh..... I'm soooooo over this trash narrative. And they trying to cheapen the Micasher bond for NO REASON AT ALL to make Micheala feel like shit over Sam & unimpressive spawn of all things. Is anyone gonna tell him that Sam ordered a hit out on a woman half his age that was carrying his child (Unimpressive Wes's little sister or brother)? Cos that is definitely worth mentioning not the K5 + Dusty Rebecca killing Sam in more or less self-defense. 

I still hate Frank but I would be lying if I said I wasn't cheering when he tore Nate a new asshole. 

I'm here for Tegan/Bonnie solidarity!!! Could've happened sooner but better late than never!

Idk where Annalise is going I just hope she makes it there safe and lives her best life. 

I just want to say that out of all of Sam's spawn why did grimy wes have to be the one that survived? I wish they would kill him but it just occurred to me that Sam's kids with Annalise & Lila are dead I don't think that they would kill the surviving one (no matter how much they should) so we will likely be forced to endure hot mess wes the entire season. 🙃

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 6

Tegan continues to be the best thing about the show. I loved the little high five moment between her and Bonnie. If only Bonnie wasn't a murderer. I would like to know who is driving the car that Annalise is getting into. I don't trust it. The puppies were freaking adorable & I have to say after this episode I'm glad that Ollie isn't the informant. I like him and Connor and the show was kind of making me forget that I did. Gabriel just like his dad is TRASH. The way they have written Michaela this season has been terrible. She was never so mopey & didn't project "daddy issues" 24/7. I loved Annalises Jacket at the beginning of the episode. I'm so upset that her and Frank sabotaged her. She didn't deserve it. I hope she makes it out of this season alive and gets the hell away from this toxic group. 

• Love 1

Puppies!!! Puppy parties make everything better!! Puppies! 

Anyway, in less adorable places, Nate continues to suck, and I just dont care about his story, and how its dragging on. Just take the money and consider yourself lucky that Frank is good at intimidating people! Maybe its just the limits of the actor, but he really didnt even seem to blink at realizing that he murdered an innocent man, or does he really not care? Yeah almost everyone on this show is a killer or an accessory to murder, but most of them seem to sometimes be angsty about it, and Nate just seemed to gloss over realizing that he killed an innocent man based on almost no evidence and couldnt be bothered to care about what he did, like he still thinks that what he did was alright. Yeah he was overcome with grief when he killed Miller and thought he was in the right to kill him, but he should still feel something upon realizing how wrong he was! It doesent even seem like he wants justice for his fathers death anymore, he just wants to stick it to the governor, no matter how much worse things will get, or who gets hurt. Granted, the governor is clearly evil, but Nate going against her at this point just seems stupid. 

Yes, tell Bonnie the truth! Her knowing what really was going on with Miller should make things better, not worse, and of course now she is even more pissed off that they kept this from her. When will TV characters learn that keeping huge life altering secrets from their loved ones will never end well? Now she is heartbroken, injured, and understandably doesent want to talk with Annalise or Frank. Way to go guys! Can Bonnie get a puppy please?

I liked the talk between Oliver and Connor, it reminded me of why I used to like them a whole lot. I would like to see more of that please. Asher and Michaela are still cute, even if Gabriel is never far away, and Asher is being even more dorky than usual. 

The thought experiment with Snow White was funny, and I love that Asher got a win! It also seemed to be telling us what a lot of us guessed, that Annalise fakes her own death in the flash-forward. Or does she have another trick up her sleeve?

• Love 6
7 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

Found this nugget on another site I wanted to share: "I dont know what men dont understand about the fact that women can be multifaceted … wanting a man does not jeopardize your independence … being independent does not mean you wont want to share your life with someone … it’s almost as if you can have a strong understanding and sense of self and your own personal boundaries AND be in a relationship and you dont have to sacrifice those things … but will men ever comprehend that …" =TEA  

To whomever said this originally, preach. 

• Love 2

Zero mention of Laurel...yes! As others have said, Gabriel and Nate both suck and are the character equivalent of bland oatmeal. How has Billy Brown survived six seasons with the same blank facial expression, but Alfie Enoch had to be sacrificed? Hell, even keeping Rebecca alive would be preferable to Nate. I'm convinced one of the writers has a crush on him or something. Even Sam's ghost is less irritating.

I wish Bonnie and Frank would just fuck or drop the endless angsty Romeo & Juliet routine.

Only on this show would the response to your spouse confessing he dismembered a body be "I brought puppies to cheer you up!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Hoo boy. Lots to consider as we head into the mid-season finale.

Here's the key thing about the Snow White framing device. Not only did the queen (aka Annalise) fake her death...she framed Snow White and the seven dwarfs for it. I think this is part of what we're seeing in the flashforwards: Annalise and the company helping her flee leave clues to make people think she's flipped on the rest of them (and maybe she actually has). They then stage a murder scene to make it look like somebody who would have a reason to be mad that Annalise flipped on them (like Michaela or Connor, who are being held in connection with it) killed her. The picture Connor is shown is of this staged scene. Oliver also thinks Annalise is dead, and that's the murder he's confessing to.

However, I think whatever happens outside Asher's apartment is a real murder (victim and perpetrator tbd). That's real blood on the floor and on his shirt, and when he goes to Bonnie he looks freaked out enough to have either seen something or been involved. I think Tegan is his lawyer. She'll say no at first, and then he'll offer to pay her with the check he got this episode.

The big unknowable variable in all this is the fire poker. When Annalise left at the end of this episode, it was still in her house. I don't believe we saw it outside Asher's apartment in the flashforward with the blood on the floor. So is the fire poker part of the fake Annalise murder or the real murder outside Asher's apartment?

Anyway...can't wait to be proven wrong on all this next week!

Also, what's the over/under on Laurel popping back up next episode?

The truth about Miller was gonna come out eventually. Bonnie is absolutely justified in not wanting to talk to Annalise or Frank. Nate, as usual, can go away.

Also loved the Annalise and Bonnie high five. And the puppies. Oh the puppies.

10 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

Also why the hell is Rome Flynn's name in the credits before Aja Naomi King's is ABC trying to make me pop a blood vessel?......ugh

The cast are billed in alphabetical order after Viola.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, helenamonster said:

Here's the key thing about the Snow White framing device. Not only did the queen (aka Annalise) fake her death...she framed Snow White and the seven dwarfs for it. I think this is part of what we're seeing in the flashforwards: Annalise and the company helping her flee leave clues to make people think she's flipped on the rest of them (and maybe she actually has).

That came to my mind, too, yeah. I don't know if I could see her actually flipping on them, I think she cares about them too much for that, but then again, she's also been frustrated with them whenever they blame her for this and that, and she's clearly reaching a breaking point, so...desperate times, and all that. 

I could definitely buy her making it look like she's flipped, though. She's been making a point of telling them how she won't be around forever to pull them out of their messes, so this could be part of her attempt to make that clear to them, and see how they fare if they actually think they're about to go down for their crimes. 

They then stage a murder scene to make it look like somebody who would have a reason to be mad that Annalise flipped on them (like Michaela or Connor, who are being held in connection with it) killed her. The picture Connor is shown is of this staged scene. Oliver also thinks Annalise is dead, and that's the murder he's confessing to.

However, I think whatever happens outside Asher's apartment is a real murder (victim and perpetrator tbd). That's real blood on the floor and on his shirt, and when he goes to Bonnie he looks freaked out enough to have either seen something or been involved. I think Tegan is his lawyer. She'll say no at first, and then he'll offer to pay her with the check he got this episode.

The big unknowable variable in all this is the fire poker. When Annalise left at the end of this episode, it was still in her house. I don't believe we saw it outside Asher's apartment in the flashforward with the blood on the floor. So is the fire poker part of the fake Annalise murder or the real murder outside Asher's apartment?

I love this theory. It makes perfect sense. I hope at least some of this turns out to actually happen, if not all of it. 

• Love 1

The ending of this episode and the sketchiness of that car also made me wonder if she will fake her death, but then the Castillos (or someone else...) find her and kill her, but nobody knows because her death has already been faked.

• Love 9

Meh, still hopeful about Robert but also having a bad feeling that he's undercover for somebody. Annalise is not allowed to have nice things.

Michaela is pathetic letting Gabriel so obviously neg her like he did. And I wonder if the other woman knows Gabriel is using her as a stalking horse? He is trash. Stove calling the oven hot trash.

Between a rock and a hard place: either the Castillos will kill you or Frank will.

Nate is ridiculous. He turned his nose up at $10M? Geez, take the money and just let Frank kill the governor. 😈

So is Annalise going to fake her death and frame...someone? There's an app for that! (And did that voice instructing Annalise not sound kind of like Robert? Oy.)

• Love 4

Nate is so tiresome. Dude, you murdered an innocent man. Take Tegan's advice: abandon this trial so you can avoid your own crimes coming out.

Gabriel is just...ugh. Please shut up.

Is Annalise really alive in the flashforward? Or is this another Wes-type misdirect?

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Michaela is pathetic letting Gabriel so obviously neg her like he did.

What does it mean to neg someone?

A neg is a backhanded compliment, usually said by a man to a woman, to surprise and/or annoy her so she does a double take and tries to prove her value to the man.

What do you call someone who negs?

neg (plural negs) An expression or implication that one has a negative value judgement of someone in order to make them desire one's approval, especially when trying to pick up a date. 

When I googled this I became furiously disgusted, this pos needs to die & whoever is writing for Micheala (if it is only one person) needs to be fired cos they don't know what the hell they are doing. Why is Micheala internalizing almost every bit of filth that Rag-doll Wes is spewing at her?, she had no problem telling him off before at least be consistent writers I mean Jesus Mary & Joseph..... 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 4

When I googled this I became furiously disgusted, this pos needs to die & whoever is writing for Micheala (if it is only one person) needs to be fired cos they don't know what the hell they are doing. Why is Micheala internalizing almost every bit of filth that Rag-doll Wes is spewing at her?, she had no problem telling him off before at least be consistent writers I mean Jesus Mary & Joseph..... 

Later I realized my comment about her may have come across as victim-blaming and that wasn't my intention. I was mad on her behalf but didn't understand why she didn't see right through what he did. It was almost OOC to me to see Michaela taken down by simple jealousy of another woman. A woman Gabriel is all but rubbing in her face. I just don't buy that she's in love with that POS. She's emotionally vulnerable for other reasons and Gabriel has been working that angle all along.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Later I realized my comment about her may have come across as victim-blaming and that wasn't my intention. I was mad on her behalf but didn't understand why she didn't see right through what he did. It was almost OOC to me to see Michaela taken down by simple jealousy of another woman. A woman Gabriel is all but rubbing in her face. I just don't buy that she's in love with that POS. She's emotionally vulnerable for other reasons and Gabriel has been working that angle all along.

Yeah exactly! He is trying to break her down so she will submit to him and(admittedly this is conspiracy on my part) turn her against Annalise & Co. And yes we can blame bad writing but also it's fair enough to say that Micheala herself is just going full indecisive dumbass right now (she's done it before and I hated it then too). But I didn't think you were victim blaming at all! Just being honest! Micheala needs to get her head out of her ass & realize that Dollar Tree Wes was a waste of her time & an even more waste of space in general. And that "new" girl is nothing to be jealous of rebound or not. Trying to paint him as the victim "we did things to him" just furthers his already over-inflated ego & also narratively sends the message that a woman is somehow always responsible for a man's pain even though he clearly brought upon his own problems.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Compiling a running list of Gabriel's nicknames here:

• Dollar Store Wes
  • Bootleg Wes
  • Dollar General Wes
  • Wal-Mart Wes
  • Knockoff Wes
  • Discount Wes
  • Clearance Wes
  • Fat-Free Wes 

I copied these into a name selection so I will have an easier time picking which one to use while also coming up with new ones(I take credit for some of these XD) lmao, Thanks for coming through with the list!! 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The puppies were cute, it was nice to have a win for Asher and more Tegan the better.

Both Nate and Gabriel can go now. That is all.

Bonnie really didn't catch a break this week. Don't blame her being mad at Frank and Annalise though.

Annalise faking it we all saw coming tbh

Good scenes with Connor/Oliver and Asher/Michaela, 7/10

• Love 2
On 11/14/2019 at 11:03 PM, Annber03 said:

I liked the talk between Connor and Oliver towards the end of the episode. 

Somebody please give Bonnie a big hug and look after her. I'm very worried about her :(. 

I liked the conversation too. I like that they are showing Connor and Oliver argue, fight and talk things out like real relationships do. I just wish the other couples on the show were given that treatment. 

I am *really* worried about Bonnie. Not because she finally knows the truth about Miller, but because they governor is digging up dirt on her. It would be the ultimate cruelty to publicize her past again. 

On 11/15/2019 at 3:39 AM, NUguy514 said:

Frank and Annalise, as soon as you found out Miller wasn't guilty, you needed to

tenor.gif?itemid=9568719

The entire reasoning behind their lying about Miller was completely unjustifiable and stupid and was always going to lead to this mess.

So, Nate just found out that he killed an innocent man, and Billy Brown cannot register any actual emotional response to that?  If you're going to suck at the job for which you are paid so much money, please be shirtless so that I can focus on something more pleasant.  Or maybe it's just that Nate still thinks he was somehow justified and is doubling down on his self-righteousness by continuing his crusade against the governor?  Or something?  I don't know, that whole storyline was so stupid and reinforced Nate's utter suckitude.  If you're going to ignore Tegan's advice to take the $10 million (!!!!), you deserve all the misery you're going to get because it's been agreed that Tegan is everything that is wonderful in the universe.  Ignore her at your peril.

Yeah Nate needs to take the money & run. He does not want the truth to come out. He and Bonnie will go to jail.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:42 PM, Empress1 said:

I did too - I meant to mention it. I'm also enjoying this particular wig.

Lyn Paolo has been dressing Tegan and Annnlise to the nines. 
I don’t know who did it, but Laura Innes got a much better looking wig .

Ive been running like crazy this week. But I had a few thoughts.

1. What if Annalise did set up the kids, or better yet left a Snow White reference at the scene?  I could easily see something like that be the thing that makes Connor crack.

2. Most of us want Robert to be a good guy, but what if he’s a relative or someone connected with the Castillo’s and has been trying to gather dirt on her?

3. What if Laurel is connected to this getaway company?

4. Loved the puppies. I know Aja, Conrad & Jack are all dog owners. They looked like filming that scene was fun.

5. Nate & Gabriel can go. I really hope none of the K5 commit murder this season, but I can easily see them making Asher kill Gabriel.

6. Loved the Tegan/ Annalise scene. It’s nice to see to be being friends on this show.

7. After Connor told Oliver he chopped up the body, I went back and watched that episode. For some reason I thought Wes and Laurel helped chop up the body and Connor was just guilt tripping like he does. NOPE! Laurel and Wes honestly had him chopping up the body by himself. That night was a mess to begin with, but what a crappy thing to do. Wes after talking them into this mess, runs around caring for Rebecca. Micheala is too shell shocked to be useful. Laurel scoops the bits into bags along with Connor, but it’s Connor hacking up Sam. No wonder he’s a wreck. 

• Love 2