Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Ball Is In Your Court

• Start Topic

Brianna gets the results of Braeson’s paternity test. Ashley reaches her breaking point with Bar. Kayla tries to give Stephan another chance to be in Izaiah’s life. Kiaya starts talking to X’Zayveon again, but his mom is a different story.

Airs November 12, 2019

Ahhh, poor Kayla!  No money for babysitter to attend school and work. No money for condoms! But, always getting a $30 pedicure and $50 plastic nails!  Eating out. On welfare, too!

She needs to go to Maury or CVS for a DNA home kit like Brianna.

Stephan is not the father!  Her child is not black. 

Am I the only one that sees this???  This some Paris Jackson shit!  🙀

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Stephan is not the father!  Her child is not black. 

Am I the only one that sees this???  This some Paris Jackson shit!  🙀

No, you're definitely not alone on this.

Without even getting into the in-depth discussion of genetics, Stephan has a distinct look (long face, pointy nose, beady eyes) that the kid doesn't have which stands out to me more than anything. Of course, babies can look more like one parent than the other, but the child looks NOTHING like him... like at all. Since he makes no effort to be a father anyway, why put himself in a position to be "finessed" for all of $120 per month or whatever it was for a child that might not even be his?

Who knows... I can't unsee it.

• Love 2

My husband is black. I am white. Our son doesn't "look black" (whatever that means), he has brown hair and grey eyes and fair skin and looks just like me and my brother. But his father is his father, and he is biracial. I think Stephan is biracial so its not unlikely that his son doesn't "look black" (whatever that means). Izaiah dodged a bullet if he doesn't resemble him, because an uglier and more unattractive person than Stephan I have never encountered.

here is my half black son who is most definitely fathered by my husband, his dad:

Miles-400x300.jpg

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My husband is black. I am white. Our son doesn't "look black" (whatever that means), he has brown hair and grey eyes and fair skin and looks just like me and my brother. But his father is his father, and he is biracial. I think Stephan is biracial so its not unlikely that his son doesn't "look black" (whatever that means). Izaiah dodged a bullet if he doesn't resemble him, because an uglier and more unattractive person than Stephan I have never encountered.

here is my half black son who is most definitely fathered by my husband, his dad:

Miles-400x300.jpg

He's a very handsome young man, no matter who he resembles!!!  

• Love 6

Thank you, @teapot! He is a delightful person all around. When he was younger his dad picked him up at school and sometimes friends would ask "is that your real dad or your stepdad?",  he'd just laugh it off. But he gets pretty salty if someone tells him he's not "really black". He's very proud of all his antecedents!

• Love 5

Out of all these girls Rachel seems to have the worst odds. She has her mom's support as far as food and shelter but her mom has to spend her down time raising the no-good daughter's kid. I don't see how she can get a job or go to school with such little help. Adding to this, it's not like this group are super driven, go getters. Also, she misspelled the kid's name. Shouldn't Hazelee be pronounced Hazel Lee not Haisley (rhymes with Paisley)?

Brianna - "I want my kid to have a dad because I didn't." Shortly after, "Oh, wow my kid has a dad now I have to share and I hate it". Pick a lane, girl.

Kayla - Drama queen trying to live a Kardashian life on a WalMart budget.

Ashley - Dumping dead weight Bar and going to CNA (or whatever it is) school is her best shot at hitting refresh.  She has grown the most from fist fighting in church and at birthday parties to bringing homework on vacation. Good for her.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Soobs said:

Ashley - Dumping dead weight Bar and going to CNA (or whatever it is) school is her best shot at hitting refresh.  She has grown the most from fist fighting in church and at birthday parties to bringing homework on vacation. Good for her.

I'm not sure if having a child matured her or she just saw how bad she looked last season, but she definitely has changed for the better. She is going to school and working, meanwhile he can't get his stuff together to get his GED or even a job!   

• Love 3

How good can the parties possibly be in Hooterville, Tennessee? Not that there would ever be a good reason to leave your kid, but Malorie talks about her social calendar like Mick Jagger is waiting for her at Studio 54. You know that she's just getting high/drunk on some other couch in some other sad trailer, so she might as well be with her kid. Emerson is WAY more interesting than any of the strung-out deadbeats Malorie brings by. I literally have not seen anything or anybody in their segments that holds a hint of appeal besides cuddling a baby and giving it a bottle. I would've thought that's the only damn reason to have or keep a baby -- there's nothing else going on.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, IvySpice said:

How good can the parties possibly be in Hooterville, Tennessee? Not that there would ever be a good reason to leave your kid, but Malorie talks about her social calendar like Mick Jagger is waiting for her at Studio 54. You know that she's just getting high/drunk on some other couch in some other sad trailer, so she might as well be with her kid. Emerson is WAY more interesting than any of the strung-out deadbeats Malorie brings by. I literally have not seen anything or anybody in their segments that holds a hint of appeal besides cuddling a baby and giving it a bottle. I would've thought that's the only damn reason to have or keep a baby -- there's nothing else going on.

I love your whole post, especially the bolded part. Seriously, is she off to the Met Gala? Get over yourself Malorie. She'll be another pasty, overweight holler dwelling skank with stringy hair and bad tattoos by the time she's 30. Why do these girls have babies if they don't want to raise them?  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I love your whole post, especially the bolded part. Seriously, is she off to the Met Gala? Get over yourself Malorie. She'll be another pasty, overweight holler dwelling skank with stringy hair and bad tattoos by the time she's 30. Why do these girls have babies if they don't want to raise them?  

As a social worker whose main clientele are teen Moms, I can tell you that, at least here in VA, Medicaid doesn't pay for abortions. (Since we just went totally blue in the 11/5 election, that will hopefully change soon.) So for Rachel and Malorie in Dumbfuck, TN, a totally red state, my guess is that whatever health insurance they have won't cover an abortion, but will cover prenatal care and a hospital birth. Just my guess. Also, there's the rebellious teen angle of wanting to do it just to prove you can be a better parent than your own mother....not to mention the "wanting someone who will love me unconditionally" angle. Poor Rachel. (And, with someone like Jennelle Evans, she of the multiple personality disorders most likely including Oppositional Defiant Disorder, it was a case of having Jace and not placing him for adoption solely b/c her Mom didn't want her to.)

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

@Liamsmom617, I don't doubt any of that for one second. For instance, Rachel seems to have positioned herself as her family's "anti-Malorie"--the good mother who takes care of her baby. I have also heard more than one of these girls say that they "don't believe in abortion".  I doubt that many of them would have one, even if it wasn't practically impossible in their areas.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

my guess is that whatever health insurance they have won't cover an abortion, but will cover prenatal care and a hospital birth. Just my guess.

Well, there you have it, folks.  These dipshits can't see beyond their next month's bills to stop and think that maybe raising a child for 18+ yrs. just might add up to a little more than the cost of an abortion.  SMH so hard I'm seeing double. 

• Love 3

True that, but my point was more that for a lot of these families, Rachel in particular, they probably literally can’t come up with the 200+ dollars it costs to have an abortion. (That’s if they’re even willing to consider that option, of course.) 

• Love 8
On 11/13/2019 at 2:07 PM, Soobs said:

Kayla - Drama queen trying to live a Kardashian life on a WalMart budget.

I keep my nails done (Although in a more modest style than these girls) and it costs me quite a bit of money every month. I am constantly surprised that these girls have their nails done regularly. You can't afford daycare but you can spend $50-$65 a pop on manicures? 

Edited by belsu
  • Love 3

Malorie is a terrible person. Her mother is basically raising her child and all she does is yell at her. Those poor babies that are growing up in that shitshow of a family. 

Rachel, get a paternity test. It will come in handy when you need to ask Jacob or Drew for child support. 

Holly was adorable asking for rice and Isaiah was cute splashing around in the bath.

• Love 3
On 11/15/2019 at 5:19 PM, MaggieG said:

Malorie is a terrible person. Her mother is basically raising her child and all she does is yell at her. Those poor babies that are growing up in that shitshow of a family. 

at least she was nice enough to share the blue hair dye w/Rachel???

• LOL 1

The one girl has a job at the nail salon which was a little shocking to me. Not often you see a teenager working that type of job. 

MTV money gives them enough for the perks of nails and hair - they just have to pretend like they're still super broke.  Curious as to if Kayla's MTV money is paying the rent for their apartment or if it's paid for by the boyfriend's schooling/scholarship

• Love 1