Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E15: The Orange Doesn’t Fall Far From The Tree

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

ITA.  Just last week i was watching college football and I started wondering why I didn't go to Mississippi State for undergrad.  

I think you have to factor in the weather too, because midwestern schools can be charming like southern ones, but who wants to freeze for the majority of the school year?

I also think there's going away, and there's going away.  If someone is from OC, even Berkeley can be a car-ride away (just ask Jeana and Kara).  I went to school so deep in the south that it was no longer quite the south (Miami), but it was still a completely different, immersive experience that no northern schools that I'd been to could touch, and it really helped me to grow up to know that some serious shit would have to go down in order for my parents to hop a flight to see me.

No wonder these girls are going to Texas.  Michael went as far as Colorado and Vicki still tracked him down unawares. 😀 Jeana and Vicki ambushed Shane in Arizona!

I know what it feels like to have an affinity for Southern-ness and I'm so glad I got to experience it.  I wouldn't trade it for the world (I know, I know, I know, Miami ain't exactly Tuscaloosa, but some of our teachers were so old that they still had southern accents, I was surrounded by people from neighboring states, and you only had to drive a few hours north to get to the south), and, as was said up thread, that can't be duplicated for someone like me, so I get it.

South..as in Miami....that’s definitely Deep South...lol

hella aroius post...!

old school Big 10...and SEC...is football (and that’s coming from the Pac-10 which is now the pack 12 and warm weather Rose Bowl that everybody wanted to go to back of the day because it was again good weather… LOLhaha!)

As for me? I’ll take a nice chilly fall football day with earmuffs on...in Midwest or South...no offense but Myaaamiiij 🤣... is a bit warm...for my Kalifournya blood...

I kid...Marry me!!!😆

(see Bluth Family Balboa Island OC frozen banana “Blooth”....)

”there is $ in the “Banana Stand”!!!”... literally!!

lol

ok..I am left of center....and

“I’m talking and I can’t shut up”...OR....or is it??🤔... “I’ve falling and I can’t get up!!”””

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Rescue Mama said:

Im in the extreme minority that I have also always liked Tamra.  

You aren't in the extreme minority of people who enjoy Tamra (and what's left of her family.)

I used to like Tamra too the first couple of seasons. So no shame in liking any of these fame whores. I have a couple of housewives (long gone) whom I really liked but most folks didn't. So don't feel like you are in the minority of Tamra "likers". There's many more and always will be. 😄

• Love 6
On 11/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, bravofan27 said:

IMO, Tamra's baptism was to show Sidney that she was a good person. It was right after Sidney refused to speak to Tamra, saying she cared more about herself than her family. Sidney is a big church girl, and Simon is really into making sure all the kids go to church. So IMO, the baptism was to show Sidney how she was a woman of God/Jesus and how Jesus was her life. It was a storyline. When Sidney wasn't moved by Tamra's baptism and reborn thing, Tamra moved on to something else. 

Given Tamra's hyper-sexuality this season, I'm guessing she's over caring whether Sidney talks to her or not. 

WOW, I never heard this before. Terrible.

• Love 3
On 11/15/2019 at 5:21 PM, albarino said:

Let's not go there.  Why would people who can't afford Baylor even apply?  I really hate the snob factor about colleges/universities we seem to be exhibiting.  

My hair dresser has a daughter in college and she asked me if people really cared about where somebody went to school.  My experience is NO (unless Ivy League).  Nobody cares where you went to school.  Get a job and move on.

Tell yourself USC is better than Baylor/TCU/ASU and I'll laugh.  Get a degree, get a job and move on.

And I'd laugh in anyone's face who says those schools are on par with USC, and national rankings say they aren't either.  Is TCU even a research university?  ASU barely is.

Edited by la patineuse
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

You aren't in the extreme minority of people who enjoy Tamra (and what's left of her family.)

I used to like Tamra too the first couple of seasons. So no shame in liking any of these fame whores. I have a couple of housewives (long gone) whom I really liked but most folks didn't. So don't feel like you are in the minority of Tamra "likers". There's many more and always will be. 😄

Eeewwww!!! tamraaah???? Reeeally....????🤣🤣

I KID!!

! Lol..love it...agree...I concur!!!...whores gone by.... ho knew???? 😁

Marry me....

Edited by Shellbell59
On 11/13/2019 at 11:07 PM, biakbiak said:

Shannon is nicer than me and because if Tamra came out with that nonsense and look I would have reached across the table and smacked her.

After watching this scene a second time, I think they were acting out something they planned - Tamra is a really bad actress, in addition to being a really bad person.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, la patineuse said:

And I'd laugh in anyone's face who says those schools are on par with USC

My point is once you get a job, nobody cares where you went to school.  Sounds like you are a USC alum and good for you.  And I'd laugh in your face if you think you're better than anybody else.  USC ain't all that.  Reference:  Shannon.

I've hired lots of people; if somebody showed up feeling extra special about their school, I'd pass on them because it wouldn't make for a good workplace environment. Smart isn't about where you went to school.

• Love 16
On 11/17/2019 at 12:34 PM, nexxie said:

After watching this scene a second time, I think they were acting out something they planned - Tamra is a really bad actress, in addition to being a really bad person.

I felt the same by the end of the scene - Shannon was WAY too calm throughout. I feel they planned this stupidity out and tried to execute a confrontation scene. Yawn. they can both go, along with Vicki, come next season.

• Love 5
On 11/17/2019 at 1:33 PM, albarino said:

My point is once you get a job, nobody cares where you went to school.  Sounds like you are a USC alum and good for you.  And I'd laugh in your face if you think you're better than anybody else.  USC ain't all that.  Reference:  Shannon.

I've hired lots of people; if somebody showed up feeling extra special about their school, I'd pass on them because it wouldn't make for a good workplace environment. Smart isn't about where you went to school.

I agree.  Unless you went to an Ivy League no one really cares.  

• Love 2
On 11/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, bichonblitz said:

Really, Eddie? You think Tamra is a good mother? It must be exhausting to have to kiss ass in order to keep those big checks of hers rolling in, huh? 

I hate TAMRA! She sure knows how to work Shannon. She had her eating out of the palm of her hand by the time that meeting was over. The lighting at that lunch was really showing how old and haggard Tamra is looking. No lighting in the world can cover up what a truly ugly heart that woman has. 

So true.  The counseling scene bothered me on several levels.  First, Ryan, is such an entitled jerk. Granted, no one wants him to harm himself, but, I just don't buy all that self denigration. He has always been self-entitled and acted like it was an honor for others to serve him.   These so called negative comments seem quite convenient and self serving. He has always rejected authority and nothing has changed.  He won't work, but, his full time hobby is making others miserable. 

And, if Tamra, possibly, my least favorite housewife ever, was really concerned about suicide, why did she say, "It makes e want to die when I hear him say things like that!" Really?  You want to die?  That's not very helpful communication, imo.  But, to sit there and brag on what a great dad he is???? Please, I would think that if he was putting his child first, as they both claim, he wouldn't be acting violent in her presence and getting arrested due to threatening behavior. Sadly, Ryan seems to have many more issues than a counselor can handle.  I hope that laws will keep the child safe. 

• Love 4
On 11/17/2019 at 11:33 AM, albarino said:

Well, I don't think I am better than anyone else, thank you very much.

Yes, I went to USC as an undergraduate and going there prepared me well for both gradate school and post graduate work, but this doesn't define me.

Shannon went to USC almost 35 years ago, so of course that's a great reference point. Not.

Edited by la patineuse
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3