Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Lands/Roles

• Start Topic

Just now, KingOfHearts said:

Just found out that Dania Remirez was in BTVS as a potential Slayer. So she's been in two fantasy shows in their seventh seasons.

I totally didn't know that.  The first role I remember her from is "Heroes".  I'm never watching BtVS Season 7 again so it's too bad I won't be able to tell if she was a favorite for me on my first watch of it.

McKenna Grace was great as baby Tonya Harding in I, Tonya.  Also, Sebastian Stan (who I often forget is a Once alum) plays Tonya's husband.  Great movie, if you like your comedy dark.

7 hours ago, Camera One said:

Don't tell me they've been hired to write a "Frozen" sequel.

Well thankfully the Frozen sequel has already been written! I had a far worse thought - a Beauty and the Beast sequel, this time with the magical love story of an actual murdering psychopath and the woman who stays by his side for no reason. A tale as old as time...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, superloislane said:

Well thankfully the Frozen sequel has already been written! I had a far worse thought - a Beauty and the Beast sequel, this time with the magical love story of an actual murdering psychopath and the woman who stays by his side for no reason. A tale as old as time...

From the master storytellers of Once Upon a Time, comes a new innovative sequel to the beloved classic, Beauty and the Beast. After plunging to his presumed death, Gaston is revived by the Enchantress. Though his life is restored, his heart cursed with the Black Spot. He must find True Love in three days - or he'll get transformed into a rose! Starring Lost alumni Josh Holloway, this comedic action-packed romantic adventure will have you thinking twice about villains!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Camera One said:

A&E are in a retreat with Josh Gad.  Don't tell me they've been hired to write a "Frozen" sequel.

I ... what? Is this for real? Not a PVT version of The Onion?

Run away, Josh! Run away!

ETA: OK, I saw Adam's Twitter post. Whyyyy?

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

Maybe A&E are going to write a spinoff movie for LeFou?  

Or a new series premiering along side KingofHeart's creation above.  From the masterminds of "Once Upon a Time" comes "Sidekicks", a show that explores the most unappreciated and misunderstood characters in fairy tales, the villains' sidekicks!  A powerful Curse transports characters from the land of fairy tales to our world, and it's a new start for former villain sidekicks like Gaston's Lefou, Cruella de Vil's Horace & Jasper, Yzma's Kronk, Prince John's Sir Hiss, Ursula's Flotsam & Jetsam, Maleficent's raven Diablo, Jafar's Iago,  Captain Hook's Mr. Smee, Hades' Pain and Panic, Lady Tremaine's Cat and Scar's hyenas.  Who cares if many of them are accessories to murder?  Follow them on their journey to find their happy endings - in our world.  Starring Lana Parilla as The Evil Queen's previously unknown twin sister, Robert Carlyle as The Dark One from Parallel Universe #53, Rebecca Mader as The Wicked Witch from Wish Oz and Colin O'Donoghue as Captain Rook, Emma and Hook's grown-up son.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Souris said:

I hope it's not a series. Because somebody really needs to tell Josh.

"Hey Josh, these guys are master storytellers and they've written a live-action adaptation of Frozen! They're geniuses!"

• Love 1
(edited)

The plot doesn't sound all that revolutionary to me. "People disappear for x amount of time, come back via supernatural phenomena" is something I've seen before. Josh Dallas could definitely carry as a lead, though. I bet he'll totally rock it.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Josh Dallas could definitely carry as a lead, though. I bet he'll totally rock it.

Even if it does not last, it could get Josh get greater exposure by working with and for other people who could keep him in mind for future projects. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Didn't even make the connection that Tiera Skovbye (Robyn) also plays Polly Cooper from Riverdale.

I don't watch "Riverdale" and know nothing about it except it ruins Archie comics characters, but I thought this parallel between the two shows was funny (it's from her Cosmos interview about Riverdale):

INTERVIEWER: Wait, I thought she was moving to San Francisco. What can you tell me about this farm?

ACTRESS: The farm isn’t really something that’s been explored. Betty talked about it, Polly talked about it in a very roundabout way, [but] there are no details about it. It leaves it up to the audience’s imagination. What is this mysterious farm, cult place that Polly keeps going to? There are different locations. She says there’s an outpost in San Francisco. 

Robyn and Zelena also moved to a mysterious farm.   Zelena moved to San Francisco.  They both could have joined a cult.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was reading the description for Dania Ramirez's new show in the link above.

Written by Williamson, Tell Me a Story takes the world’s most beloved fairy tales and reimagines them as a dark and twisted psychological thriller. Set in modern day New York City, the first season of this serialized drama interweaves “The Three Little Pigs,” “Little Red Riding Hood,” and “Hansel and Gretel” into an epic and subversive tale of love, loss, greed, revenge and murder.

Ramirez will play Hannah, a young Army vet who has returned from the war with scars both inside and out. She comes back to New York City in an attempt to rebuild her life, but when her estranged brother calls for help she finds herself in a deadly chase for survival.

Another fairy-tale mash-up, eh?  So anyone here going to watch it?  

Edited by Camera One
29 minutes ago, AnotherCastle said:

JMo Superfly review.

She's been busy! 

10 minutes ago, Camera One said:

No thanks. :-p

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Camera One said:

The concept sounds intriguing, but the cast doesn't excite me, so overall it's not worth subscribing to All Access to watch it. These days, if it's not on Amazon Prime or broadcast TV, I'm probably not going to bother.

• Love 1

I ran across Amy Manson, Merida, in a series on Amazon Prime called Desperate Romantics, about the Pre-Raphaelites. She plays the model who becomes a muse to the Pre-Raphaelites. She has the red ringlets, but they look more natural and less obviously like a wig. And she's not nearly as abrasive. She's actually rather good when given a halfway decent script. She gets to spend a fair amount of time rolling around naked with Aiden Turner (the Poldark guy), who plays Dante Gabriel Rossetti. Lucky girl.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

Randomly saw Lucy in a back-to-school commercial for a local super market chain.

I hope you are at that local super market chain right now to show your support.

Edited by Camera One
1 hour ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Just watching Stargate SG-1 series ep Nighwalkers which was filmed in Steveson ..it is so interesting seeing different camera angles for locales i know from Once. 

Yeah, I’ve scene Zelena’s farmhouse in Supernatural as Caine’s home.

Saw Storybrooke's Main Street in an All State commercial. It was totally covered in snow. Makes me laugh at all the teasers in 4A that said "Storybrooke is Frozen Over" when all Elsa and Ingrid left were snail trails and an ice bridge in the woods.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Makes me laugh at all the teasers in 4A that said "Storybrooke is Frozen Over" when all Elsa and Ingrid left were snail trails and an ice bridge in the woods.

They really timed that arc badly, having it be the one that mostly filmed in the summer. Unless that was the desired effect, that the snow was unnatural rather than appropriate for the season.

It's a little sad that the town that played Storybrooke seems to be getting more post-series work than a lot of the cast. I'm sure it'll show up in a few Hallmark Christmas movies, too.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I'm sure it'll show up in a few Hallmark Christmas movies, too.

I know they did a Halloween episode last year, but it would have been fun if they really would have gone all out in one of the early seasons and really embraced the Brother's Grimm to do a atmospheric horror episode one Halloween - complete with mood setting fog, shrouded moonlight, and some of the creepier fairy tales.  Somewhat similar to Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow (before it went all action film the last ten minutes).  Washington Irving  had a number of creepy stories that would have worked for the small town  "Maine" setting.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, CCTC said:

I know they did a Halloween episode last year, but it would have been fun if they really would have gone all out in one of the early seasons and really embraced the Brother's Grimm to do a atmospheric horror episode one Halloween - complete with mood setting fog, shrouded moonlight, and some of the creepier fairy tales.  Somewhat similar to Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow (before it went all action film the last ten minutes).  Washington Irving  had a number of creepy stories that would have worked for the small town  "Maine" setting.

They should've done a Stephen King episode. Not necessarily about his books or characters, but the same style with references. I'm certain Storybrooke itself is a Stephen King reference, being in Maine and all. That's where all the creepy stuff seems to happen.

Heeeere's Rumpy! (Seriously - they could've made the Sorcerer's Mansion so foreboding.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Emilie de Ravin will be a guest on beat Bobby Flay:

Joke's on Bobby

Actress Emilie de Ravin and Beach Bites' Katie Lee aren't joking around as they try to take down Bobby Flay. They hope the punch line is in their favor as North Carolina's Jamie Lynch and New York City's Shorne Benjamin compete to face Bobby and have the last laugh.

Thursday Aug 23 10pm | 9c

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/beat-bobby-flay/episodes/jokes-on-bobby

Ginnifer Goodwin's new project:

Lifetime also said it has completed production on Somebody’s Someone, starring Ginnifer Goodwin and Angela Fairley. It’s based on the memoir of Regina Louise, detailing her life as a young black girl who was denied adoption by the one woman who loved her the most, simply because she was white.

SOMEBODY’S SOMEONE: THE REGINA LOUISE STORY
Somebody’s Someone is based on a memoir about Regina Louise (newcomer Angela Fairley), a young African-American girl who navigated over 30 foster homes and psychiatric facilities before age 18, and the one woman, Jeanne (Ginnifer Goodwin), who believed in her. After Jeanne’s unsuccessful attempt to adopt Regina due to a racially motivated ruling, their bond is forced apart. Somebody’s Someone is Regina’s story of how one woman’s belief and love becomes her lifeline as she defeated the odds of a corrupt system and succeeded. After 25 years, Jeanne is finally able to adopt Regina in the same courthouse that denied them previously. Somebody’s Someone also stars Monique Coleman, Sherri Saum and Kim Hawthorne. Howard Braunstein, Ginnifer Goodwin and Yvonne Chotzen executive produce the movie. Co-executive producers are Andrea Buchanan and Regina Louise-Taylor. Janice Cooke directed from a teleplay by Camille Thomasson, based on the book by Regina Louise-Taylor.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/lifetime-adds-movies-from-robin-roberts-t-d-jakes-more-as-it-expands-to-75-pics-in-2019-tca-1202434163/