Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Layla sitting on the counter right next to Aunt B making cookies is gross. As Layla let's everyone know, she doesn't want to potty train, so there's a diaper up in there.

And her bare feet are inches from the stove.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

Evan’s parents made it and there’s a story with them, Layla, and Zade up now. I realize that we get a few seconds of interactions here and there. But for some reason Nene’s and Pop Pop’s interactions with L&Z seem easy, organic. I find Kelly and Gil performative. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I'm in North Georgia and tree lots are everywhere. Good luck keeping the trees fresh unless you are meticulous about keeping the stands filled with water or by Christmas the trees will be dry and brittle. But I am sure these folks take their tree down the day after Christmas. 

• Like 4

On top of Layla's diapered butt + feet up on the counters were food is being prepped + ingredients like sticks of butter and bottles of vanilla sitting right behind her diapered butt, anyone else note that that video was around 10 pm and Carlin commented on how hard Layla was trying to stay awake for Nini/Pop. The child's eyes were drooping and she was talking gibberish. Way to parent C&E. Can you really not say - ok you are going to bed at 8 or 9 pm tonight and if Nini/Pop are here before then you can see them tonight, if not you'll see them first thing in the morning? And then freaking stick to it and take the child upstairs at that hour. I realize they can't be bothered with bedtimes or routines, but can they really not see a kid falling asleep on a kitchen counter and say that's it - bedtime.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t know anything about Evan’s family. There was a woman in the tree video, and “Aunt B” was making cookies. Are they siblings, or in-laws perhaps?

I think his one sister is Becky so it was probably her. Her one daughter looks a lot like her and I think that was the niece in the hair tutorial/selling stuff vid.  Also E or C mentioned that his parents were arriving later. 

• Like 1

I think Layla is in a constant state of tiredness. She's almost 3 and she falls asleep within minutes of being in the car. The xmas tree reel included a pick of Layla sleeping at 6pm and then she's exhausted again at 10pm.

• Sad 14

I just looked at the pictures again. Is there some sort of IG tips website out there?

Carlin, Layla and Zade have similar tops, but not matchy-matchy. Josie, Willow and Hazel have similar tops, but not matchy-matchy. Willow has a hat on and Zade has a hat on. Both dads in blue, with an outdoorsy top.

Coincidence? 

• LOL 7
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I just looked at the pictures again. Is there some sort of IG tips website out there?

Carlin, Layla and Zade have similar tops, but not matchy-matchy. Josie, Willow and Hazel have similar tops, but not matchy-matchy. Willow has a hat on and Zade has a hat on. Both dads in blue, with an outdoorsy top.

Coincidence? 

Maybe the tree lot has a dress code?

• LOL 10
2 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Aren’t all these trees going to be dead way before Christmas?  (I have little to no live tree experience.)

Well, they won't be able to water it while on their weekly trips to Nashville. So yeah, it'll probably be dropping needles in a couple of weeks. 🙄

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Rouge comma!
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Aren’t all these trees going to be dead way before Christmas?  (I have little to no live tree experience.)

My husband likes getting the tree the day after Thanksgiving, and in my experience, it's hit or miss. We've had trees that lasted well past New Year's and others that were crumbling by mid-December. Adding supplements and keeping the water fresh helps, but sometimes you just get a dud. 

• Love 1

They’re def leaning into the - medical conditions videos make bank - view of YT. This week = LAYLA’S HEART CONDITION. Haven’t watched so no idea what it says.

Didn’t work last week for Carlin’s neurologist update as that’s sitting at only 175k views or less than $1000 in earnings. The heart condition is up to 112k views or $500 - may fair better as people are curious how much they really look after the kids, though maybe not - it’s Thanksgiving week and people have their own lives.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 5
1 minute ago, cereality said:

They’re def leaning into the - medical conditions videos make bank - view of YT. This week = LAYLA’S HEART CONDITION. Haven’t watched so no idea what it says.

Didn’t work last week for Carlin’s neurologist update as that’s sitting at only 175k views or less than $1000 in earnings. The heart condition is up to 112k views or $500 - may fair better as people are curious how much they really look after the kids, though maybe not - it’s Thanksgiving week and people have their own lives.

So maybe they will do the 5 day EKG. It would bring in a ton of money.

• LOL 5
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The video title, “LAYLA'S HEART CONDITION AND WHAT'S HAPPENING NEXT!”,  as I expected, had nothing notable related to it. Nothing. 

The only thing remotely related to Layla was a picture of when she was a baby and that C&E had gotten a reminder from the doctors office that Layla was due for her 3 year check up/ follow up. And it was way at the end. Lots of Christmas decorating. Apparently Carlin likes silver and white whilst Evan likes red and green for Christmas decor. Fascinating. And of course we saw the white stockings hung on the white wall. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The video title, “LAYLA'S HEART CONDITION AND WHAT'S HAPPENING NEXT!”,  as I expected, had nothing notable related to it. Nothing. 

WTF? This is now utterly shameful. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, cereality said:

I think YT pays much better than that. They're living off their influencer money and able to shop for anything they want, take trips as they want, and but whatever they want for themselves and the kids. $4000/mo, minus 1099 taxes, won't allow for that.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

My husband likes getting the tree the day after Thanksgiving, and in my experience, it's hit or miss. We've had trees that lasted well past New Year's and others that were crumbling by mid-December. Adding supplements and keeping the water fresh helps, but sometimes you just get a dud. 

It helps if you chop it down yourself.  My uncle owned a Christmas tree farm when I was a kid.  They started harvesting trees in September and finished by late October.  That means that most of the trees bought off the lot were cut down a month or more before they were sold.  Those trees are two weeks at best, IMO.

If you cut it down or pay someone to do it while you watch; you can get a tree that will last a month if you take care of it.  Trim an inch or so off the bottom within an hour of putting it into water and keep the water full.  If it goes dry, the tree is not going to draw again unless you take the whole thing down and start over with trimming the bottom.  Keep it away from registers that blow hot air, don't leave the lights on unless you are actively enjoying it and turn down the thermostat at night to keep it from getting too warm and drying out.  Use the packet of Christmas tree preservative you got at the tree farm.  And, especially the first week or so, check the water at least twice a day if you've got a big tree.  Those suckers are thirsty and keeping them watered is the only way.

I don't think Carlin and Evan are capable of taking care of an artificial tree let alone a live one.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just did this for the photo op and then discarded the tree and put up a fake one.

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So maybe they will do the 5 day EKG. It would bring in a ton of money.

It'll only bring in a ton of money if they're allowed to film in the hospital.  Shots of Carlin lying in bed with EEG electrodes attached to her head, looking forlorn and crying about missing her babies are the money shots.  If all they can do is talk about it without film, it's not going to sell as well.

Perhaps they are negotiating with the hospital over how much filming they can do and that's why they've dragged their feet.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

I don't think that negotiation with the hospital w/r/t filming would occur to them. If told no, they'd accept that (or try to slyly get some footage). 

It's abundantly clear that they haven't scheduled the EEG. They think she's improving, so in their minds, why bother?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think YT pays much better than that. They're living off their influencer money and able to shop for anything they want, take trips as they want, and but whatever they want for themselves and the kids. $4000/mo, minus 1099 taxes, won't allow for that.

Someone on Reddit who works in this space professionally broke it down. Influencers like them with their level of following across platforms almost always come in at $5 per 1000 views on YT. That poster had multiple analytics of the Stewarts’ YT and it was very clearly in that range - and others who do social media seemed in agreement. Now IDK how they’re living the life but yeah I do think YT nowadays as their viewership falls off brings in 3500-4000/mo pre tax. Can’t speak to what’s coming in from BSB, nor whether IG pays in any way besides free goods, nor what tax magic they’re into thru BSB, if any.

And now that everyone has confirmed it's just click bait - eh they don't need to make $ off my views. They so read here [and we know Carlin reads on Reddit bc she accidentally screenshotted her phone once showing the Reddit pg is a frequent site for her] - they know people comment on Layla being so small, maybe it's bc of her heart condition or diet or whatever - so hey let's drive some views with that "storyline" even if it exploits our child's health and something that normal parents wouldn't joke about.

And to whoever said it - yeah Layla does seem perpetually tired, given that she sleeps in the car seat any time. Guess that's what happens when the kid's sleep schedule is - sleep whenever, wherever - without any regard to whether they're regularly getting the 12+ hrs/day they need at this age.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Their shameful, exploitive recent clickbait YouTube video titles reek of desperation.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Evan knows what gets views. I know enough to FF through the bullshit to get to a picture of baby Layla. My brief view still probably counted. 

I did the same, and regret it.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So NOW, they decided that Layla’s heart condition is important? I learn what I need to know here, no clicks from me. 

Actually I don’t think they consider it important since they think she is ok now. It only came up in the video because the doctors office sent a reminder about time for annual check up. Evan realized this is a way to get viewers, hence the click bait title. He added footage of poor baby Layla from when she was undergoing tests etc and then he & Carlin talked about how she’s fine now. Who knows if they really have any idea about her health. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Omg we’re soooo busy. We’re at the boutique at 630 pm - after lounging at home all day probably - and our business is SOO serious that it isn’t distracted at all by FOUR children sitting on top of the main work area. Pick a lane guys.

Edited by cereality
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Actually I don’t think they consider it important since they think she is ok now. It only came up in the video because the doctors office sent a reminder about time for annual check up. Evan realized this is a way to get viewers, hence the click bait title. He added footage of poor baby Layla from when she was undergoing tests etc and then he & Carlin talked about how she’s fine now. Who knows if they really have any idea about her health. 

Right, not important to them from a health standpoint, but from a way to get views is what I was getting at. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

And so it continues - 11 pm, still soooo busy, still at the shop, Evan let’s go home and get these kids to bed. Then Evan discovers their car battery is dead. Zach is giving the car a jump at 11:45 pm - guess no one was in any rush. If it was discovered at 11 that the battery was dead, could the guys not have gone and given it a jump then? This isn’t a 45 min process. And if for some reason it was taking time, could they not have left their car there and asked Z for a ride home or gotten an Uber? But hey no rush, their 6 mo old and 3 yr old are like their college buddies, they’ll crash on any floor, couch or rug until they’re put in bed NBD. Parents of the year.

Morons if you’re that “busy” at work maybe don’t start your day at 10 am or 2 pm.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, SMama said:

Zach couldn’t find his keys, that caused a delay in helping Evan. Funny, Josie couldn’t find her keys recently and I don’t think she found them until the next day. 

In the 11 pm video they said Z had found his keys. Doubt it takes 45 min to jump start a car so I’m thinking no one was in any rush.

• Like 3

They make this marvelous device that you simply put on your car and it jumps it.  Keep it charged and in your trunk.  What a time saver it would be for them.  Lifestyles of the lazy, ignorant, and unpractical in action here. 

• Like 2
  • Love 8
On 11/21/2022 at 11:26 AM, ozziemom said:

The only thing remotely related to Layla was a picture of when she was a baby and that C&E had gotten a reminder from the doctors office that Layla was due for her 3 year check up/ follow up. And it was way at the end. Lots of Christmas decorating. Apparently Carlin likes silver and white whilst Evan likes red and green for Christmas decor. Fascinating. And of course we saw the white stockings hung on the white wall. 

And her concession to Evan's preference for traditional red and green Christmas decor?  One strand of fresh garland on the half wall and a BLACK bow!  During the installation of said garland/bow, she almost burned their house down because she had three lit candles on the counter right next to some dried grass in a vase.  Truly, the grass caught fire and they both ran around blithering until Evan thought to pour a glass of water on the fire.  Such idiots!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I mean, who believes this shit?

Idiots. Complete idiots. 

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Next shill will be a key locator…..,

86202752-E4F8-4177-A668-5DC2F53BE4F4.jpeg

“We’re hyped?” You’re absolute tools. 

3 hours ago, clueless101 said:

The jumper cables are on sale.  Follow the link.

Please, no one actually click on it!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

They make this marvelous device that you simply put on your car and it jumps it.  Keep it charged and in your trunk.  What a time saver it would be for them.  Lifestyles of the lazy, ignorant, and unpractical in action here. 

Yup, the Halo. I hope someone suggested they get one. 

eta I did it myself. 😁

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • LOL 1

They don't need a charge box and they don't need jumper cables. What they need is someone else to buy the jumper cables. I am 100% sure they didn't need a jump and I'm 100% sure Zach does not want to be pulled into their lies.

Hey Carlin👋🏽, Jesus doesn't like liars 🤥✝️

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They don't need a charge box and they don't need jumper cables. What they need is someone else to buy the jumper cables. I am 100% sure they didn't need a jump and I'm 100% sure Zach does not want to be pulled into their lies.

Hey Carlin👋🏽, Jesus doesn't like liars 🤥✝️

What makes you think they lied? 

• LOL 2
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Because they linked the jumper cables.

Oh, it seems that they link items even when no one has asked. I thought it’s just SM ingrained behavior. 🤷‍♀️ More power to them. It’s a world I will never understand. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, SMama said:

What makes you think they lied? 

Because they lie all the time. If they really did have a dead battery, why did it take 45 minutes, in the middle of the night, at their "boutique" with two little kids, to get a jump? 

I accidentally left my dome light on last week, and predictably my battery was almost dead the next morning. I called AAA. It only took 45 minutes for them to show up, and they certainly weren't in the parking lot next to me to start with. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Oh, it seems that they link items even when no one has asked. I thought it’s just SM ingrained behavior. 🤷‍♀️ More power to them. It’s a world I will never understand. 

I think they make up filmable scenarios to put links on.

Though not all are outright lies. Like on Josie's IG, she filmed Hazel playing on their bed, on their pillows. The next slide is Josie in another room, without Hazel, shilling pillows.

• Like 4
  • Love 3