Type keyword(s) to search

S14 E11: Picture Perfect

ByTor
  • Start Topic

It's a make-or-break moment when the candidates take their cameo photos; the team has some bonding time during a cooking challenge; someone goes down during rehearsal and a candidate goes home.

Why did Kelli act so mad when Bridget fainted? I mean I know they don't like dealing with injuries cause they have to rework things and all. But damn, act a little concerned for her health! And I feel terrible for Shaina, but I didn't get a good vibe from her when she got cut. It's good to have confidence, but I feel she sounded a little full of herself, and not too nice. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, MamaMia said:

I can’t believe she did that! Guess she will not come back. 

Is next week the season finale? 

I can't tell based on the title/summary

TIME IS RUNNING OUT

episode 1412Open

TV-PG (1 HOUR 0 MIN)

Kelli and Judy have to make a very tough cut. Show Group performs for the first time this season. Charlotte Jones visits rehearsal to help the squad get to 36.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Omg. When the camera was on Julia walking back out on the field after her office visit, you could see the look of disgust/disbelief on her face and her mouth saying “f*ck that” 😳

Oh dear:/

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Oh sh*t!! Julia mouthing f*ck that as she was was walking back on the field 😳

I did not like her attitude when she came back to the filed.  I do not like how she pushed Cianna away.  I did not like her answer about why she wanted to be a DCC.  I do not like her on kick line.  She was one of my favorites, but now, not so much.

5 minutes ago, sATL said:

one of the veterans said , during the cooking, she was diagnosed with hypothyroidism..  in the last year.

that's going to be really tough as a side effect is one can have weight gain.  

Do you know which Vet said that?

• Love 5

I liked the cooking segment.. I can see it being another avenue / platform for the DCC - teaching women to cook, meal prep, and to expose themselves to new ingredients.

With one small cavet though - also being aware that some ingredients / food choices/selctions are not always readily available to all... like bison.  Let me go back - did anyone do something with plain ole' chicken    skinless boneless and preferably already cut in strips chicken breast ?

Edited by sATL
didn't want the TCC to incur more labor and skills dealing with chicken
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

How many DCC would it take to cut up a whole chicken?  And how many would be bleeding before it was done?

let me go back and edit..

skinless , boneless, chicken breast... or tenders already sliced into strips..

• Love 4

I did not enjoy the cooking segment. I thought the recipes were too complex to be prepared for time, especially by inexperienced cooks. Schools rarely if ever teach home economics any longer, so I wouldn’t expect these girls to be able to follow an unfamiliar recipe and do it well. Plus I thought the food looked really gross. 

ETA: Plus Maddie annoyed THE HECK out of me. Ugh.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 5

During Julia's re-play (and live) media day training - they keep beeping out the company she is making a comparison to that being a DCC is better than working there, when she ultimately goes into broadcasting..

I wonder what did she say ? something like McDonalds ? I was trying to read her lips... When Kelly said that "company" had an excellent brand and employees..

Why is the weatherman such a big time judge - what does the DCC do with the weather broadcast ?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

Why is the weatherman such a big time judge - what does the DCC do with the weather broadcast ?

The guy who usually does media training was out of town with the football team for training camp.  And Scott is probably a celeb with his defying the judges last year:)

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I can't tell based on the title/summary

TIME IS RUNNING OUT

episode 1412Open

TV-PG (1 HOUR 0 MIN)

Kelli and Judy have to make a very tough cut. Show Group performs for the first time this season. Charlotte Jones visits rehearsal to help the squad get to 36.

I just saw a commercial on CMT 2 more weeks. 

• Useful 1

Giving a shout out to Seamstress Lisa Ann for being Johnny-On-The-Spot for making a whole new vest for Meredith during the photo shoot.  

622426842_ezgif.com-resize(1).gif.ae7afb8213f2ec20a2a49893acd25596.gif

Edited by sATL
forgot to attach old school sewing illustration.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 19
43 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Heather speaks beautifully. She’s not a favorite of mine but she seems like the quintessential DCC.  Just all-around good.

When did Kelli become such a freaking bitch? She was awful to Julia.

Kelli’s true colors? I didn’t know she was THAT megatron superbitch. I wasn’t crazy about Julia’s attitude either, but there wasn’t anything she could have said that Kelli wouldn’t have opposed. That scene made me angry. 

I think they made Lily cry during cameos. Her eyes were pink. She’s got a wicked underbite and looks better when she’s not smiling. I don’t have an underbite, but I’m the same way.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Kelli: “I’ve never been called a roadblock.” Right, hon, because it’s all about YOU. Shaina, run far, far away from this toxic organization.

She said "then GOD is putting up a roadblock" not YOU Kelli... get over yourself!  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sATL said:

During Julia's re-play (and live) media day training - they keep beeping out the company she is making a comparison to that being a DCC is better than working there, when she ultimately goes into broadcasting..

I wonder what did she say ? something like McDonalds ? I was trying to read her lips... When Kelly said that "company" had an excellent brand and employees..

For someone who is interested in broadcasting her choices do need coaching/correction. I like Julia alot but it is disappointing when she claims this is her area of interest.  That said, I would prefer they did use it as a teachable moment rather than a grilling.  Goes back to what we were saying before... most companies train how to handle media and then evaluate how employees handle it AFTER training/coaching.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Well, Kelli is right.  I think most of us are experienced enough to know even if it is mcdonalds you credit them for teaching basic work attitudes like being on time, working with a team, and friendly customer service.... not putting down a company.  Kelli clearly does not like Julia, because I think this is all teachable.  I get why she is surprised she doesn't know or get it, but she then can laugh off Kat and Meredith no problem....

3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I did not enjoy the cooking segment. I thought the recipes were too complex to be prepared for time, especially by inexperienced cooks. Schools rarely if ever teach home economics any longer, so I wouldn’t expect these girls to be able to follow an unfamiliar recipe and do it well. Plus I thought the food looked really gross. 

I think the dancers actually really enjoyed it though.  It was nice to see a fun team building exercise instead of fake scripted stuff.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Heather speaks beautifully. She’s not a favorite of mine but she seems like the quintessential DCC.  Just all-around good.

Yes, she has never been a favorite of mine because she is a little boring to me... but she is well spoken, kind, pretty.... I agree quintessential DCC.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Why did Kelli act so mad when Bridget fainted? 

I know, maybe ask if she is okay before being angry about a practice delay and precious field time.  Kelli, just pretend it was VK so you can act like a human

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14

At the beginning of this season it was Kat that everyone was saying needed a slice of humble pie. But now I think Shaina fits that bill more! Wow. Let others praise your ability and accept it humbly, you don't need to do it yourself... not a good look. I know she has had a rough summer but that was uncomfortable and made me like her less.

I also can't believe how oblivious Julia was to her media day blunder. Then dropping an f bomb after the meeting when you know cameras and mics are all around? Her attitude turned me off.

Lily's cameos were yikes but I thought everyone else looked great!

I hope Bridget is taking care of herself. It could have been poor editing but shame on Kelli for looking mad!!! Show some compassion for your team instead of toxicity for once

ETA: while I think Julia's attitude was offputting, so was Kelli's ridiculous comment about "insulting LA dancers" which Julia in no way did, so I guess I'd be mad too.

Edited by FutureDCC
Add more
  • Love 12

I viewed Shaina's comments as fighting for her spot and being confident that "I know I can do this".  I do think she probably just needed to relax and think she would have been a GREAT dancer for DCC if given the chance.  Kelli is nuts.  I would cut Meredith, LIly and maybe even Lisa for being too short in the boots before Shaina.

• Love 17

Sometimes I'm a Kelli defender, but all of her unlikable qualities were on full display in this episode.

1. A favorite doesn't look good in the uniform? We'll make a new one! I'm sure there were some girls cut in years past over this issue who rolled their eyes.

2. Someone bombs their media stuff and has a tin ear? Let's just drag her over the coals rather than explain why that doesn't come off well.

3. Someone faints on the field? Oh God - obviously they're faking it and/or wasting our time.

4. "This has been a dramatic training camp with helicopter crashes, car crashes, and fainting on the field" -Whaaaat? How are these things connected at all. If I were Shaina, I would be pissed that Kelli was lumping a very personal tragedy with the other two. They dynamic there was just all weird. Maybe Kelli is still pissed that Shaina wasn't appropriately appreciative over the pastor special guest?

• Love 23

Ok, so I think Kat solidified her spot with cameos.  I think they will keep her.  Meredith I think is disappointing because she didn't do well there either.  The only reason she made camp is her face and now she can't do that? I noticed when Kelli asked if Shaina or Meredith were worse on the field Judy didn't answer.... which means Judy knows Kelli wants to keep Meredith.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Matilda said:

Maybe Kelli is still pissed that Shaina wasn't appropriately appreciative over the pastor special guest?

I think Kelli had a whole segment "planned" in her head and when  Shaina didn't want to exploit her personal tragedy.... Shaina likely was cut because Kelli IS still holding a grudge over that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Matilda said:

NOTE TO SELF after watching Victoria bungle the can opener looking like a spoiled fool on national television.

My kids are opening every can in this house for the rest of this year. 

Don’t forget turning on the stove and knowing what garlic looks like😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Not gonna like, skipped over the whole cooking segment. I am seeing that some people actually liked it so maybe I'll reconsider further down the road, but I don't really see the point in watching a whole plotline about cooking when I could be watching the ladies dance, ya know. (Maybe its K&Js weird way of teambuilding????)

Yikes on the whole Julia situation. I understand that she looked and was, to be honest, unprofessional with the apparent "f" bomb. However, I for one am shocked it took someone this long this season to snap.

I was scared for Bridget. And then I got annoyed/angry at K&J. Not only have their "standards" caused a very good dancer to faint, but it was a forum favorite to boot. Not a good look when you make such a great ambassador slightly endanger herself.

As for Kat. WOW, she looked great in the photoshoot.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

The guy who usually does media training was out of town with the football team for training camp.  And Scott is probably a celeb with his defying the judges last year:)

More likely rewarded for saying Victoria is a GREAT dancer and dramatically improved this year.  benedict

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

OMG same here about Maddie and her I’m too cool for school. She acted like an ass. Thought maybe it’s rigged came from her because she was acting so cheesy😂

• Love 1