Type keyword(s) to search

S14 E11: Picture Perfect

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 10/12/2019 at 3:07 AM, Mardo2044 said:

Ok, so I think Kat solidified her spot with cameos.  I think they will keep her.  Meredith I think is disappointing because she didn't do well there either.  The only reason she made camp is her face and now she can't do that? I noticed when Kelli asked if Shaina or Meredith were worse on the field Judy didn't answer.... which means Judy knows Kelli wants to keep Meredith.

Does anyone else think that Meredith is Mr. Charlotte Jones’s daughter, and THAT  is why Kelli is forced to keep her as a “favorite”???!!!!

• Love 2

How is meredith still surviving?!

she's constantly making mistakes! i mean sure she's pretty and she's got that photogenic look but she's been by far imo the poorest on the field.

the cookoff was funny segment 

and maybe ironically someone faints in the same episode that they're taking about getting a good meal. 

kat looked stunning during the photoshoot though. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Reason #105 why Kelli is a heartless swine...when Bridget passed out her immediate reaction is "Oh God..." like it's an inconvenience not "Oh my God..." like is she okay. 

She's always been like that - she's even said she needs smart dancers not dancers who need inhalers in the Oxnard heat or pull something because they didn't properly warm up.  It's a lot like how a girl should do a 50 point check on her car before she drives to makeover day because it's her fault that a tail light is out.  Ya know?  Real compassionate and all..................

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Reason #105 why Kelli is a heartless swine...when Bridget passed out her immediate reaction is "Oh God..." like it's an inconvenience not "Oh my God..." like is she okay. 

I thought she looked scared, not disgusted. 

18 hours ago, DrElls said:

Does anyone else think that Meredith is Mr. Charlotte Jones’s daughter, and THAT  is why Kelli is forced to keep her as a “favorite”???!!!!

I noticed that from the start.  She looks like Charlotte, with the dark hair, blue eyes, heavy eyeliner and slight frame.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Just Carol said:

I noticed that from the start.  She looks like Charlotte, with the dark hair, blue eyes, heavy eyeliner and slight frame.

There has to be some back story with her. If you look at her Instagram, she's danced and modeled all over the country. She seems exactly like Amanda, a pretty woman whose dreams of superstardom just didn't happen. For someone who's been on TV and danced as a showgirl, DCC seems like a step back. 

There's also the obvious fact that her story arc is terrible. It would be very easy to just not spotlight her. Every season there are girls you never see. With all the footage they must have, they could easily just show one or two clips of a judge saying she's pretty or a choreographer saying something basic like "her turns are really good" or "you can see her ballet background".  Even the cameo session could have been edited to just having Kelli ask the seamstress to shorten her vest, rather than show them giving her preferential treatment.

Somebody has to have wanted viewers to wonder why she made it.

Edited by Route66
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Just Carol said:

Now that you mention it ... I can totally see it! Haha maybe if not daughter then a relative. Or maybe I'm just dying for a good bit of gossip 😂

On 10/12/2019 at 5:36 PM, Stee said:

I watched Kat on the field anytime she was on screen, and she always looked strong, gave great facials and seemed to be *performing*.

She may have struggled at first, but I think she’s become a much stronger performer as training camp has gone on. She is definitely not comparable to Meredith who hasn’t gotten better in any regard.. and I think Kat is about 50 times prettier. 

On 10/12/2019 at 5:57 PM, dccmttfan said:

Kat is definitely Top 36, Meredith is not.  A couple of episodes the girls with the lowest stickers were Lily, Meredith and Madeline who was cut.  Also Lisa, but Lisa because none of the group leaders chose her.  

I don't think it's fair to Kat do be compared to Meredith, because Kat is much stronger. 

Agreed with both posts. I understood lumping Kat and Meredith together early on, but Kat has stepped up her game, killed cameos, and seems to have been picked by most guest choreographers. Meredith has not. If anything, Lily has been as weak or weaker than Kat over the back half of the season, but Meredith is in a league of her own.

I also thought Kelli seemed annoyed that Bridget passed out. She didn’t seem to be even remotely concerned about her safety or well-being. That was gross.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 13
On 10/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, Loves2Dance said:

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I also thought Kelli seemed annoyed that Bridget passed out. She didn’t seem to be even remotely concerned about her safety or well-being. That was gross.

Oh, I can see her taking the bleachers two rows at a time in her heels if one of her faves passes out, sneezes or breaks a nail.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I wish she would have shown a little more concern, but I also have to imagine that she sees this sort of thing pretty often. It's very physically demanding work and the women are also trying to stay quite thin. It must be easy for them to overexert themselves beyond what they have the calories (and hydration) for. I don't think they're passing out left and right, but it must happen a few times a year, and most of the time the girls are probably fine afterward.

On 10/14/2019 at 6:41 PM, JennieM said:

Now that you mention it ... I can totally see it! Haha maybe if not daughter then a relative. Or maybe I'm just dying for a good bit of gossip 😂

Complete unsubstantiated rumors but I read she comes from a wealthy family that are friends of the Jones, and also that she has a learning disability.  So it may have been a "help my daughter out, she woukd be happy dancing here for sense of purpose" kind of thing.  

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Mar35 said:

For the food competition, I wonder the reason they chose those specific rookies: Meredith is struggling dance wise and often seems to have a withdrawn personality; Kristin was criticized last year for not convulsing with excitement at the rodeo; Kelli wants Victoria integrated with the group as much as possible as she was called immature last year; and Lisa because no group leaders chose her and Kelli wants to see how she interacts with the other girls. Definitely not random.

Probably not random, but wasn't each team a group leader & a rookie from her team?

• Love 1
On 10/12/2019 at 7:56 AM, Just Carol said:

I FF'd through most of the cooking segment (which was about 2/3 of the WP, amiright..   ). Product placement and giggly nonsense, no thank you.  I did see the part where they used two portobello mushrooms as a bun for the turkey burger.  Those mushrooms are like $4 each, so that was an $8 bun.  Not a lot of people would enjoy a raw portobello, either.  The whole thing just annoyed me because I waited a week for the episode and it was this cooking show. Grrr.

Kelli is sure giving mixed signals to Meredith- first making her a new vest, then screwing with her field position.

ITA the cooking segment was total FF material for me. I was ready to give it a watch but right off the bat the focus was on VK and Maddie so it was the ff button for me.

I also wanted to comment on Kelli allowing Meredith's vest being altered I can think of SO MANY times the "uniform" didn't "Work" for a girl and she was cut but Meredith gets tailored on the spot and gets a reshoot b/c she can't even use her best quality HER LOOKS without Kelli giving her tips.  Its crazy how this girl keeps getting chance after chance. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, liliparis said:

I also wanted to comment on Kelli allowing Meredith's vest being altered I can think of SO MANY times the "uniform" didn't "Work" for a girl and she was cut but Meredith gets tailored on the spot and gets a reshoot b/c she can't even use her best quality HER LOOKS without Kelli giving her tips.  Its crazy how this girl keeps getting chance after chance. 

Grace Sells and Katie Schouten were both cut because of looking too big in the uniform. The only other change Kelli made (that I recall) was Megan Sharp's shorts in her 4th year cameo were too small so they gave her a larger size.

Edited by MrsEVH
20 minutes ago, Mar35 said:

Right, but the girls chosen within each group were very interesting. Especially Lisa, who didn’t get one sticker from group leaders. Kelli definitely wanted to see her interact in a more relaxed group setting. I’m still unsure why the stickers were never mentioned during Lisa’s office visit.

Maybe she did get stickers...…….

• Love 1
17 hours ago, lisalionheart said:

I wish she would have shown a little more concern, but I also have to imagine that she sees this sort of thing pretty often. It's very physically demanding work and the women are also trying to stay quite thin. It must be easy for them to overexert themselves beyond what they have the calories (and hydration) for. I don't think they're passing out left and right, but it must happen a few times a year, and most of the time the girls are probably fine afterward.

But putting out a post like this, makes them look like they don’t give a hoot. 

291A2090-B406-4935-85A0-316B204661A8.jpeg

On 10/11/2019 at 10:54 PM, sATL said:

I liked the cooking segment.. I can see it being another avenue / platform for the DCC - teaching women to cook, meal prep, and to expose themselves to new ingredients.

With one small cavet though - also being aware that some ingredients / food choices/selctions are not always readily available to all... like bison.  Let me go back - did anyone do something with plain ole' chicken    skinless boneless and preferably already cut in strips chicken breast ?

I hated the optics. This is where the men eat all their meals ... and here’s where you little ladies are going to cook. Immediate fast forward. 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I hated the optics. This is where the men eat all their meals ... and here’s where you little ladies are going to cook. Immediate fast forward. 

Totally agree. Plus I guess the little ladies don’t get to eat there, just the men..?

• Love 1

Several posts have been removed.  To clarify, there is no topic "where you can talk about whatever you want."  There are multiple topics in this forum for a reason.  

• If you want to talk about spoilers, visit the spoiler topic.  
  • If you want to talk about what happened on the show, visit the topic for that episode. 
  • If you want to talk about what happened on past seasons, visit the past seasons topic. 

*These aren't difficult rules, and they're intended to make the forum a nicer place to visit for everyone. 

I can see why some of these girls struggle with weight..... it’s really difficult to eat healthy when you’re completely clueless in the kitchen. 

Tina Kalina needs to teach Victoria how to cook. Doesn’t she live at home? She can’t use a can opener? That’s pathetic. 

I’m dead. “It was rigged.” Did y’all see their faces???? They were all thinking team 1 won because of Victoria. 😂😂🤦‍♀️😂

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 3
On 10/16/2019 at 6:45 PM, Blndee6 said:

Totally agree. Plus I guess the little ladies don’t get to eat there, just the men..?

Why would you want to eat in the same dining room where about 10 tons of testosterone sit every week? No thank you

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Why would you want to eat in the same dining room where about 10 tons of testosterone sit every week? No thank you

Uh... I might like that. 😉That actually sounds pretty good to me. Raises hand quietly.🖐️

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'm vexed that Shaina was cut before Meredith - and heavens, if Meredith isn't cut, I'll lose all respect for K&J's judgment.  But I thought Shaina handled it well.  Being cut wasn't the worst thing to happen to her this summer, and I can see where she might consider it a roadblock, but not the end of the world.  

I thought the cooking segment was tedious, but I liked seeing Briana and Alanna (I think it was Alanna) and Heather getting some time in front of the cameras.

• Love 1

I feel awful for shana. She was never called into the office before for some major problem and experienced losing many friends in a helicopter accident and then was cut from the team on the last day. I’m a loyal watcher of this show and have never been so disappointed. My heart goes out to her

Edited by Kate1443
Spelling mistake
6 minutes ago, Kate1443 said:

I feel awful for shana. She was never called into the office before for some major problem and experienced losing many friends in a helicopter accident and then was cut from the team on the last day. I’m a loyal watcher of this show and have never been so disappointed. My heart goes out to her

They also kept the trainee who was in a car accident who has a concussion and admitted she’s only using this experience for her resume over shana. Any one else think this was shocking?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Kate1443 said:

They also kept the trainee who was in a car accident who has a concussion and admitted she’s only using this experience for her resume over shana. Any one else think this was shocking?

Yes, I did.  I don't see why Julia is still there - if I could be K&J for a day, I'd cut Julia and Meredith.  If they thought Shaina was marking steps - and maybe she was, we didn't see enough for me to be sure - then maybe they let Shaina go because she wasn't invested enough in the team.  But I don't know that Julia is invested in the team, either, based on that interview she did on media day.  

On 10/11/2019 at 10:55 PM, PhillyFan said:

I bet it was an “oh crap, not Bridget” moment (i.e. one they really don’t want to lose) 

I will agree but to me Kelli's respond/look was more of disgust than a caring,'omg is she ok'. I may be wrong but that's how I took that response...they are human, ya know???

• Love 1
On 10/11/2019 at 9:12 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Why did Kelli act so mad when Bridget fainted? I mean I know they don't like dealing with injuries cause they have to rework things and all. But damn, act a little concerned for her health! And I feel terrible for Shaina, but I didn't get a good vibe from her when she got cut. It's good to have confidence, but I feel she sounded a little full of herself, and not too nice. 

What episode was it when Bridget fainted/passed out