Type keyword(s) to search

S14 E11: Picture Perfect

ByTor
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Matilda said:

NOTE TO SELF after watching Victoria bungle the can opener looking like a spoiled fool on national television.

My kids are opening every can in this house for the rest of this year. 

LOL ! I bought the book as an early Christmas gift to entourage one of my non-cooking offspring who claims cooking healthy & meal prepping is too much work ...

This one of the reasons I liked the cooking segment. It showed a real side of the TCC in a team building event w/o the main subject/topic being dancing. Dancing is, or trying to be their job and its fine to not want to do and talk about something else, for a change. And it looked like for once - K&J was not "evaluating" a skill to make it out of training camp - even though I'm sure Kelly was making notes on someone.  This isn't food network so I wasn't looking for accomplished cheffing, using 50 ingredients and the final dish being the size of a quarter. No one found a moment to do that "sexy hips"..

When Lisa said ( well it too was beeped) "oh Sh*t" when her quesadilla was a "more than a little brown" ..290735469_laughingwithtears.jpg.adee5f2ec7ee278ee9184c785dd7703f.jpg 

You have to start cooking skills somewhere/sometime and there's not a cook who at one point had a dish that came out looking like .. well, not the way it you hoped or wanted it too.

Lisa didn't need to apologize to me for cussing ... weather your cooking for yourself, your spouse , family or extended family holiday meal, every now and then, something just rolls off the tongue in the heat of getting food on the table. I've said stronger ...

Then Judy... on the guacamole that had too much lime...290735469_laughingwithtears.jpg.adee5f2ec7ee278ee9184c785dd7703f.jpg And I think it was  Briana that tried to defend it..  - not everything taste good to everybody. Yep - been there too...strange looks on faces when they tasted one of my creations..Kuddos for standing up to the great Judy...

The under-cooked meat burger that Heather? was so proud of b/c it look pretty??? Yeah - been there too... Just because food looks good doesn't mean .....

Even Meredith looked like she came out of shell (she seems like she's not always with the program at hand in the learning dept) and showed a side of her to me that I hadn't seen before...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7

Hey - speaking about dancing as a "job" - what happened to the bring back alumni segments? Have I been missing it ? They couldn't find a way to squeeze in Kashara this week?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

I FF'd through most of the cooking segment (which was about 2/3 of the WP, amiright..   ). Product placement and giggly nonsense, no thank you.  I did see the part where they used two portobello mushrooms as a bun for the turkey burger.  Those mushrooms are like $4 each, so that was an $8 bun.  Not a lot of people would enjoy a raw portobello, either.  The whole thing just annoyed me because I waited a week for the episode and it was this cooking show. Grrr.

Kelli is sure giving mixed signals to Meredith- first making her a new vest, then screwing with her field position.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Just Carol said:

I FF'd through most of the cooking segment (which was about 2/3 of the WP, amiright..   ). Product placement and giggly nonsense, no thank you.  I did see the part where they used two portobello mushrooms as a bun for the turkey burger.  Those mushrooms are like $4 each, so that was an $8 bun.  Not a lot of people would enjoy a raw portobello, either.  The whole thing just annoyed me because I waited a week for the episode and it was this cooking show. Grrr.

Kelli is sure giving mixed signals to Meredith- first making her a new vest, then screwing with her field position.

It really was pretty entertaining.  They did cook the mushroom.

• Love 4

So cameos managed to shake out yet another thing that Meredith can't do. The whole vest thing was weird, considering how on uniform day Kelli prattles on and on about how the uniform is measured and custom made to each girl. No other girl has ever had a new uniform made for her on the spot.

Victoria can't use a can opener or identify common vegetables, so naturally she wins the cook off. When Maddie said it was rigged I agreed.

I wanted to punch Kelli when she ruminated on how dramatic training camp was. The helicopter crash was in no fucking way related to training camp.  Stop grief whoring. It didn't happen to you. 

I got the feeling Shaina was genuinely surprised and frustrated by her cut. She must watch Meredith screw up every night and wonder why she keeps getting pulled through. As noted above, she did not say Kelli was a roadblock, she said the Lord puts them up. Seriously passive aggressive of Judy to say "we'd understand if you didn't come back."

Julia's office visit showed the worst of Kelli. She made a mistake, you correct it and move on. I got the vibe Kelli hated her. When she said why she disliked LA Kelli screeched and rolled her eyes and said "now you're insulting LA". It came off like she was just frustrated by how awful Julia is. I've heard that exasperated shriek when dealing with superiors who don't personally like me. It just conveys, "I'm out to get you and no matter what you do, I'm going to find fault. If you try to defend yourself I will just get angrier."

• Love 20
36 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

ITA. Entertainment is not limited to dancing.. or trying to be a dancer... or learning a dance...or messing up a dance..or looking at a big choreographer ,whose worked with people who are now deceased..

A simple beeped out cuss, a facial/body expression or gesture, standing up for what you believe in, and accepting you're not as perfect,  can be just as entertaining...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Matilda said:

NOTE TO SELF after watching Victoria bungle the can opener looking like a spoiled fool on national television.

She also was cutting up an onion and thought it was garlic 🤔

• LOL 7
11 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

She also was cutting up an onion and thought it was garlic 🤔

I keep trying to cook and shop with my daughters but they have zero interest. Even after a cooking class, my 15 year old can barely boil water. 

These  ladies probably pick up all their food already prepped at places like HEB Central market or Whole foods. Really, there is little need to cook these days. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

One of the few things I agreed with Kelli about this week was that Lily kept the same facial expression during cameos while Kat managed to show lots of different faces.

Photoshoots can be hard if you've never done them before, but every one of these girls has a full length mirror at home. If you know you've never done something like this before, put on a sports bra and booty shorts and stand in front of that mirror and try doing different poses to see what looks good for your body type (I remember Gisele Bundchen said in an interview that she has a very straight up and down body shape so she knows she has to create curves by jutting out one hip, twisting her torso, arching her back, etc.). And you should practice a variety of poses so that you aren't doing the same few poses over and over at the photoshoot. The other thing you should practice is different smiles and different angles of your face. There is NO REASON not to do this beforehand so that you're prepared and you can have the best pictures possible!

Amanda continues to be one of my favorite TCCs. She has a different look from the other girls, she looks good in the uniform, she's a great dancer, and she's a fun performer to watch.

I was rolling my eyes at everything Meredith-related this week. First Kelli had the seamstress make her a new vest on the spot and then let Meredith have a second chance at her cameo photos? Who else has been given that kind of treatment before? Sheesh. And for what? A girl who is constantly behind (if not outright wrong) when she dances. 99% of being a DCC is dancing and she is not good at it.

On top of that, she can't make adjustments, which is a must for any professional dancer. Shit happens and then you have to change formations/counts for roll offs. You can't be running around like a chicken with your head cut off because you got moved in the formation. We changed formations all the time when I danced and it was no big deal. If teenagers can make these kinds of changes without looking like they're running around the field like a chicken with its head cut off, then a pro NFL cheerleader should be able to do it.

They cut Shaina for having muddy footwork and not finishing shoulder rolls but at least she can blend in. Meredith always stands out because she's making mistakes which is far worse. It's even more insulting because Kelli told Shaina that the majority of this job is being on the field and Meredith is terrible on the field. Yes, Shaina made a few mistakes during practice this week but they were pretty minor while Meredith's were very noticeable even from a distance.

I liked that Shaina confidently told Kelli that she knows she's good enough to be on the team instead of begging the way some other people have when they're called into the office. I think that the way she handled being cut and her interview afterward showed that she's mature and well spoken and would have been an asset to the team (unlike Meredith who was terrible on media day).

It was embarrassing to watch Amy and Victoria in the cooking segment. Amy didn't know the difference between chili peppers and bell peppers? GURL. And Victoria doesn't know the difference between garlic and an onion? Or how to use a can opener or turn on a burner? "It tasted so well"? It looked like they really overcooked the shrimp. Not only were they super brown but they were curled up really tightly. Blech. They're lucky that Amanda loves Mexican food and had no problem making the guacamole. And she obviously knew how to dice tomatoes and onions.

I had to laugh at the fact that Maddie said it's hard to screw up a quesadilla and then her team managed to scorch their  first quesadilla without melting the cheese.

At least Kristin was cognizant enough to be concerned about the turkey burger not being cooked.

No, Kelli, "we" didn't suffer loss of life during this training camp. Shaina did. Not you and not anyone else on the team.

9 hours ago, sATL said:

With one small cavet though - also being aware that some ingredients / food choices/selctions are not always readily available to all... like bison. 

I know it varies geographically, but I see bison in the meat section at Cost Co all the time so if you're interested in trying that chili recipe, check there!

8 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think they made Lily cry during cameos. Her eyes were pink. She’s got a wicked underbite and looks better when she’s not smiling. I don’t have an underbite, but I’m the same way.

You guys are in the Victoria Beckham club! She was Posh Spice because she didn't like the way she looked when she smiled. I think Lily has a nice smile when it's natural (like after she was told she looked good on the field later in the episode), but during cameos she had a very forced/fake/frozen smile.

12 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Julia's office visit showed the worst of Kelli. She made a mistake, you correct it and move on. I got the vibe Kelli hated her. When she said why she disliked LA Kelli screeched and rolled her eyes and said "now you're insulting LA". It came off like she was just frustrated by how awful Julia is. I've heard that exasperated shriek when dealing with superiors who don't personally like me. It just conveys, "I'm out to get you and no matter what you do, I'm going to find fault. If you try to defend yourself I will just get angrier."

I agree. Kelli had her mind made up. She was going to argue with Julia no matter what she said. She repeated what Julia said ("LA wasn't for me. I really love team dance.") in the most sarcastic way possible which told me that there is nothing Julia could have said in that meeting that Kelli wouldn't have ripped her for.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

At the beginning of this season it was Kat that everyone was saying needed a slice of humble pie. But now I think Shaina fits that bill more! Wow. Let others praise your ability and accept it humbly, you don't need to do it yourself... not a good look. I know she has had a rough summer but that was uncomfortable and made me like her less.

I also can't believe how oblivious Julia was to her media day blunder. Then dropping an f bomb after the meeting when you know cameras and mics are all around? Her attitude turned me off.

Lily's cameos were yikes but I thought everyone else looked great!

I hope Bridget is taking care of herself. It could have been poor editing but shame on Kelli for looking mad!!! Show some compassion for your team instead of toxicity for once

ETA: while I think Julia's attitude was offputting, so was Kelli's ridiculous comment about "insulting LA dancers" which Julia in no way did, so I guess I'd be mad too.

Whether her comments were offputting or not, I kind of give Shaina a free pass. I think she’s been through a lot and she’s probably not in the right frame of mind to be completely composed and aware of how she might be coming off. 

But Julia showed her true colors. She had no idea why her interview response was so wrong, she made another blunder during her conversation with Kelli and Judy, and then her reaction when she went back on the field was completely unprofessional. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Omg. When the camera was on Julia walking back out on the field after her office visit, you could see the look of disgust/disbelief on her face and her mouth saying “f*ck that” 😳

That whole office visit was messed up for sure, but Julia's reaction on field was unprofessional.  It looked like lots of people were coming up to her and trying to console her and maybe she just wanted to move on but not good.... and I really like Julia. 😞

• Love 7

Julia mentioned her experience dancing in LA. I take it was for a non-sports team by her comment. what was it? I'm trying to remember which episode had her back story..

Edited by sATL
12 hours ago, sATL said:

one of the veterans said , during the cooking, she was diagnosed with hypothyroidism..  in the last year.

that's going to be really tough as a side effect is one can have weight gain.  

It really shouldn't be a problem as long as she is on the proper dose of synthroid. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ElenaFR said:

I keep trying to cook and shop with my daughters but they have zero interest. Even after a cooking class, my 15 year old can barely boil water. 

These  ladies probably pick up all their food already prepped at places like HEB Central market or Whole foods. Really, there is little need to cook these days. 

15 is one thing- there's little incentive to learn how to cook when you're still living with your parents, although I think it's awesome that you're encouraging it (and I promise some of it is sinking in, despite her best efforts!).

Once you're an adult living on your own, though, it's pretty embarrassing to lack basic life skills, and relying on pre-prepared food wastes money and usually sacrifices taste and/or nutrition. Even if you can get by without cooking on your own, a lot of these girls seem to have DCC => marriage => babies as their life plan, and I'm not sure how they plan to feed their families if they can't open a can or tell vegetables apart 😂

• Love 8

Julia bombed the media day and is a professional in broadcasting.  You do not put down where you currently work in a job interview.  Then she did not get it when she was in the office and put down her current job again and then LA dancers.  It would be bad for anyone to do this but the one with a career in journalism.........Then she does the F bomb and pushes her teammates away.  None of this good.  None of this professional.  She's far from the best rookie dancer and has been on a pro team.  The field is killing her.

As to the cooking segment, I enjoyed it.  A more relaxed view of the DCC.  Victoria and Amy were fish out of the water but entertaining.  One works all the time and appears to live off Pizza and Mountain Dew and stay rail thin and the other one lives at home and has been probably living off prepared diet food to slim down.  Struggling with a handheld can opener happens to me and I know how to use one.  The end product looked good.  Maddie came across more relaxed on the mike.  They need to use Heather for the talking segments with show group because she is so much better than Amy and Maddie.

And Brianna we have all had flops in the kitchen.  Take the criticism with more grace and move on.........

Shaina's cut.  I would have cut Meredith but you can tell Kelli loves her so much.  Meredith does look great on the field.  Shaina is not great and her personal tragedy should not mean she makes the team if the rest isn't there.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

One of the few things I agreed with Kelli about this week was that Lily kept the same facial expression during cameos while Kat managed to show lots of different faces.

Photoshoots can be hard if you've never done them before, but every one of these girls has a full length mirror at home. If you know you've never done something like this before, put on a sports bra and booty shorts and stand in front of that mirror and try doing different poses to see what looks good for your body type (I remember Gisele Bundchen said in an interview that she has a very straight up and down body shape so she knows she has to create curves by jutting out one hip, twisting her torso, arching her back, etc.). And you should practice a variety of poses so that you aren't doing the same few poses over and over at the photoshoot. The other thing you should practice is different smiles and different angles of your face. There is NO REASON not to do this beforehand so that you're prepared and you can have the best pictures possible!

Amanda continues to be one of my favorite TCCs. She has a different look from the other girls, she looks good in the uniform, she's a great dancer, and she's a fun performer to watch.

I was rolling my eyes at everything Meredith-related this week. First Kelli had the seamstress make her a new vest on the spot and then let Meredith have a second chance at her cameo photos? Who else has been given that kind of treatment before? Sheesh. And for what? A girl who is constantly behind (if not outright wrong) when she dances. 99% of being a DCC is dancing and she is not good at it.

On top of that, she can't make adjustments, which is a must for any professional dancer. Shit happens and then you have to change formations/counts for roll offs. You can't be running around like a chicken with your head cut off because you got moved in the formation. We changed formations all the time when I danced and it was no big deal. If teenagers can make these kinds of changes without looking like they're running around the field like a chicken with its head cut off, then a pro NFL cheerleader should be able to do it.

They cut Shaina for having muddy footwork and not finishing shoulder rolls but at least she can blend in. Meredith always stands out because she's making mistakes which is far worse. It's even more insulting because Kelli told Shaina that the majority of this job is being on the field and Meredith is terrible on the field. Yes, Shaina made a few mistakes during practice this week but they were pretty minor while Meredith's were very noticeable even from a distance.

I liked that Shaina confidently told Kelli that she knows she's good enough to be on the team instead of begging the way some other people have when they're called into the office. I think that the way she handled being cut and her interview afterward showed that she's mature and well spoken and would have been an asset to the team (unlike Meredith who was terrible on media day).

It was embarrassing to watch Amy and Victoria in the cooking segment. Amy didn't know the difference between chili peppers and bell peppers? GURL. And Victoria doesn't know the difference between garlic and an onion? Or how to use a can opener or turn on a burner? "It tasted so well"? It looked like they really overcooked the shrimp. Not only were they super brown but they were curled up really tightly. Blech. They're lucky that Amanda loves Mexican food and had no problem making the guacamole. And she obviously knew how to dice tomatoes and onions.

I had to laugh at the fact that Maddie said it's hard to screw up a quesadilla and then her team managed to scorch their  first quesadilla without melting the cheese.

At least Kristin was cognizant enough to be concerned about the turkey burger not being cooked.

No, Kelli, "we" didn't suffer loss of life during this training camp. Shaina did. Not you and not anyone else on the team.

I know it varies geographically, but I see bison in the meat section at Cost Co all the time so if you're interested in trying that chili recipe, check there!

You guys are in the Victoria Beckham club! She was Posh Spice because she didn't like the way she looked when she smiled. I think Lily has a nice smile when it's natural (like after she was told she looked good on the field later in the episode), but during cameos she had a very forced/fake/frozen smile.

I agree. Kelli had her mind made up. She was going to argue with Julia no matter what she said. She repeated what Julia said ("LA wasn't for me. I really love team dance.") in the most sarcastic way possible which told me that there is nothing Julia could have said in that meeting that Kelli wouldn't have ripped her for.

I didn't take it that way- I think Kelli was demonstrating how she could have phrased her preference for team dance without insulting LA (like she could have talked up the prestige of the Cowboys without insulting the other organization that got beeped out). I've been rooting for Julia, but that's a pretty basic aspect of diplomacy she seems to lack.

ETA: Did anyone figure out the name of the organization that got beeped? Could it have been the Mavs?

Edited by rafibomb
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Amy didn't know the difference between chili peppers and bell peppers? GURL.

The younger checkers at my grocery store are similarly limited.  I swear every girl in the south should know what a turnip root, rutabaga or acorn squash looks like.  I don't know what these girls eat in real life.  Well, I guess I do.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

15 is one thing- there's little incentive to learn how to cook when you're still living with your parents, although I think it's awesome that you're encouraging it (and I promise some of it is sinking in, despite her best efforts!).

Once you're an adult living on your own, though, it's pretty embarrassing to lack basic life skills, and relying on pre-prepared food wastes money and usually sacrifices taste and/or nutrition. Even if you can get by without cooking on your own, a lot of these girls seem to have DCC => marriage => babies as their life plan, and I'm not sure how they plan to feed their families if they can't open a can or tell vegetables apart 😂

I see a lot of Blue Apron or Home Chef in their futures, ha!

6 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

I see a lot of Blue Apron or Home Chef in their futures, ha!

They’ll need some skills for Blue Apron at least! I’ve spent a lot of time googling techniques necessary for some of their recipes 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I didn't take it that way- I think Kelli was demonstrating how she could have phrased her preference for team dance without insulting LA (like she could have talked up the prestige of the Cowboys without insulting the other organization that got beeped out). I've been rooting for Julia, but that's a pretty basic aspect of diplomacy she seems to lack.

ETA: Did anyone figure out the name of the organization that got beeped? Could it have been the Mavs?

RE: Beeping - the nbr of beeping in this show is increasing. and becoming entertaining..let me look up to see what MTT is rated - maybe they need to up it. LOL !

I thought the dancing reference was to an experience in LA.  I.m guessing it had to be a company where she felt in a broadcasting resume prospective job situation - would prefer a DCC over the other.

What I am trying to say would a broadcasting firm hiring manager prefer a DCC over another sports team dancer  ?  B/C at the end of the day the primary job description/ responsibility area was "dancer". If one is trying to be a reporter chasing down the latest crime, fire,weather, sports,traffic or accident in hopes of one day to be sitting at the desk for the 4-6 pm local news, to later move on to the national news desk, it would be nice to know if mgmt would give a preference to a DCC vs. another team vs. someone whose had internships/minor jobs, doing broadcast work.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

It’s odd how Kelli seems so confused as to who to cut. Meredith because she is called out every episode for something wrong. And Julia for having a poor attitude. Easy and done!  I liked Julia but I was with Kelli on how she was knocking wherever she worked for 2 yrs, knocking LA, talking about resume building but the eye roll and curse towards Ciana was it for me.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

They’ll need some skills for Blue Apron at least! I’ve spent a lot of time googling techniques necessary for some of their recipes 😂

Yeah, Blue Apron is no joke. Every now and then my husband will make one of the recipes instead of me, and it takes him like twice as long and he usually has to ask for help multiple times. You should've seen him trying to prep kale the other night 😆

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

How how did they cook it?  It looked raw.  I would not want to hold a cooked portobello in my hands - they are messy.  (Delicious, but messy.)

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

At the beginning of this season it was Kat that everyone was saying needed a slice of humble pie. But now I think Shaina fits that bill more! Wow. Let others praise your ability and accept it humbly, you don't need to do it yourself... not a good look. I know she has had a rough summer but that was uncomfortable and made me like her less.

There's a time to be humble and wait for other people to sing your praises, and a time to stand up for yourself, and that's what I felt Shaina was doing.  Maybe I read more into it, but to me that whole scene between her and Judy/Kelly was very interesting.  It seemed meek, quiet little Shaina was calling them out on their b.s.  "I KNOW I'm good enough to make the team"...her words.  My interpretation?  'Don't give me that crap that this is my last night when you have two glaringly bad candidates (Meredith & Kat) still sitting on the field'.  Shaina even somewhat scoffed at Kelly's explanation that she doesn't look good on the field, saying that's always been her strong suit.  She stood up to Kelly, and Kelly wasn't expecting it.  Shaina almost went too far, but recovered and kissed their butts at the end.  Good move...if she wants to try out next year I don't think Kelly will hold it against her. 

To be honest, her movements weren't sharp and crisp even to my untrained eye, but 10 minutes with Judy would have fixed that.   Kelly needed to find a "throwaway" to cut since she refuses to make the obvious choice(s), but she picked a rose with some spiky thorns...she's used to "yes-Ma'am-ing" and scared little rabbits.  I never realized how beautiful Shaina was until last night...her eyes are gorgeous.    

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Matilda said:

9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Don’t forget turning on the stove and knowing what garlic looks like😂

My kids could get a hot, cooked from scratch meal for five on the table by 6:30 when they were in high school...learning to cook was a requirement in my house...they worked 'their day to cook' into schedules that included at least one sport per kid, drama rehearsals, honors programs (with the extra homework), hanging with their friends and other assorted high school activities....

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

How how did they cook it?  It looked raw.  I would not want to hold a cooked portobello in my hands - they are messy.  (Delicious, but messy.)

Well now that I think of it that may have been the burger that somehow I thought was the mushroom.  So you are correct, a cooked mushroom would have been horrible to handle.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Great company, great brand made me assume she said "Starbuck's"

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

I think Kelli was demonstrating how she could have phrased her preference for team dance without insulting LA (like she could have talked up the prestige of the Cowboys without insulting the other organization that got beeped out).

I took it just like you did.  Additionally, I think Kelli said it in a mocking way as in "this is how other people hear it."

• Love 5

There's been several times over the years I couldn't understand Kelly's picks and cuts, but there always seemed to be some logic to it even if I didn't like it.  But this year, with Kat and especially Meredith, it's soooo obvious neither should have made it past the 3rd week of TC yet they are still here.  Judy, to her credit, consistently calls them out on their mistakes.  But I've never seen Kelly so "accommodating" to candidates that clearly don't have the right stuff.  

I like Kelly and feel she's a good person and just wants to field the best team possible.  Of course she has favorites...we've seen that in the past.  But to give these 2 women so many chances and extra training and excusing glaring and consistent problems...that I don't get.  Especially with Meredith.  It's just one mistake after another.  She's awful on the field, bad with the media, and can't pose well for a decent picture.  What's next...she forgets directions to the stadium on game day?  Someone upstairs wants Meredith on the team.  If so, why does CMT focus on her so much?  You'd think the DCC would tell them to back off and ignore her like they've done with many rookies in the past.  Why show all her problems and then...and this is not a spoiler cause I don't know...award her a spot on the team in the end?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I thought the dancing reference was to an experience in LA.  I.m guessing it had to be a company where she felt in a broadcasting resume prospective job situation - would prefer a DCC over the other.

What I am trying to say would a broadcasting firm hiring manager prefer a DCC over another sports team dancer  ?  B/C at the end of the day the primary job description/ responsibility area was "dancer". If one is trying to be a reporter chasing down the latest crime, fire,weather, sports,traffic or accident in hopes of one day to be sitting at the desk for the 4-6 pm local news, to later move on to the national news desk, it would be nice to know if mgmt would give a preference to a DCC vs. another team vs. someone whose had internships/minor jobs, doing broadcast work.

I wonder about this as well. I know Robin went from DCC to a broadcast job in Louisiana (?), but in my neck of the woods, being a pro dancer is not going to get you any journalism job unless you have a journalism or something similar degree and did related internships. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, cgloss said:

being a pro dancer is not going to get you any journalism job unless you have a journalism or something similar degree and did related internships. 

According to LinkedIn, she has a degree in Broadcast Journalism and did 2 internships.  She REALLY should have learned diplomacy by now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

According to LinkedIn, she has a degree in Broadcast Journalism and did 2 internships.  She REALLY should have learned diplomacy by now.

Wow! That makes her answer even worse to me!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

Wow! That makes her answer even worse to me!

Sure does!

With regard to the cooking portion...I really have to defend VK on a couple things.  That can opener?  You should see me try to use one of those, I look like a caveman trying to figure out how to use a rock as a tool.  I use a manual opener that opens from the top of the can, not the side.  Also, I grew up with nothing but an electric stove/oven, I had no idea how to turn on my gas stove in my 1st apartment.

Also, awwww Brennan was so cute in her little chef scarf

image.png.85ca82efcbf77c04422cd46fe4a2faf2.png

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I think Kelli had a whole segment "planned" in her head and when  Shaina didn't want to exploit her personal tragedy.... Shaina likely was cut because Kelli IS still holding a grudge over that.

Sadly I suspect this as well.   I’m disappointed w/ Kelli if true.  Shaina is poised, a great speaker and drop dead gorgeous from head to toe - maybe they don’t find her dancing the best, but Meredith can’t even move over two yards w/o getting confused and makes mistakes all the time.   Smh.   I did not like the Shaina cut at all.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Just Carol said:

I think Kelli’s intentions w/ the field position change were to put a more powerful dancer next to her in order to make Meredith dance better, or at at least compensate for her lack of power and make it not so obvious how bad she is so she can pass the eye test for making the team w/ others (ex. Charlotte).

Little did Kelli know that Meredith is so bad that she can’t even handle moving over a couple yards on the fly w/o making a huge mistake!   I was shocked myself cause that should  be a simple change for any dancer, but guess not w/ Meredith :/.  Goodness is a she bad.

• Love 1

Screenshot_20191012-165234_Chrome.jpg

Ladies....really....if y'all want to marry well, you gotta cook! Don't you know the way to guy's heart is through his stomach? Geez. I see salmonella/e coli all over that underdone turkey burger. Yo man gon' DIE! 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

I was hoping either Julia or Shaina would flip out during their office visits and stare directly into the cameras and say, “This is Candid Camera, right? I may not be the second coming of Nicole Hamilton, but my God ... MEREDITH and KAT are still here.   You have got to be kidding me.”

Sure, Julia’s answers were bad and the fact that she didn’t even realize it makes her an ambassador risk.  Shaina is kind of sloppy in some of her movements and seems to lack stamina at times.  Lily has a frozen face. People have been complaining for years that Christina is a boring dancer.  Tons of people on here hate Victoria.  But all of them know and can do the choreography and blend fine on the field.  They’ve already cut a bunch of girls who could’ve been field ready.

Meredith and Kat, on the other hand ... they don’t know what they’re doing.  Both of them should’ve been cut week 2.  Tell them both that they’re lovely and you want to see them back next year after a year of power pom, jazz, and hip hop classes.  Beginner ballet for Kat, too, so she can learn better body and foot placement.   She’s got some natural talent, but she’s untrained as a dancer.  Meredith is trained, but not in this style.  A year of classes and maybe dancing with another team like the Ice Angels or something, and then come back stronger and more prepared. 

Edited by Jazzhands
Typo
  • Love 5

Why in the WORLD has Meredith not been cut yet? She continually screws up, including her interview. But, Kelli keeps making excuses to keep her and cutting others. I can't stand it! Really makes me want to stop watching. Plus, Kat is just as annoying. However, it is more her attitude than her mistakes now. And, to the person who answered that Maddie was the one who fainted...no she wasn't. Maddie was at the complete other end of the kickline when that happened. She does, however, injure her leg in the previews for next week. It looks bad and I am seriously hoping she is ok and is able to carry on. I would hate for her to lose her spot. You can tell how much she loves what she does. She has been my favorite since she first tried out and didn't make it.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I was hoping either Julia or Shaina would flip out during their office visits and stare directly into the cameras and say, “This is Candid Camera, right? I may not be the second coming of Nicole Hamilton, but my God ... MEREDITH and KAT are still here.   You have got to be kidding me.”

Sure, Julia’s answers were bad and the fact that she didn’t even realize it makes her an ambassador risk.  Shaina is kind of sloppy in some of her movements and seems to lack stamina at times.  Lily has a frozen face. People have been complaining for years that Christina is a boring dancer.  Tons of people on here hate Victoria.  But all of them know and can do the choreography and blend fine on the field.  They’ve already cut a bunch of girls who could’ve been field ready.

Meredith and Kat, on the other hand ... they don’t know what they’re doing.  Both of them should’ve been cut week 2.  Tell them both that they’re lovely and you want to see them back next year after a year of power pom, jazz, and hip hop classes.  Beginner ballet for Kat, too, so she can learn better body and foot placement.   She’s got some natural talent, but she’s untrained as a dancer.  Meredith is trained, but not in this style.  A year of classes and maybe dancing with another team like the Ice Angels or something, and then come back stronger and more prepared. 

Kat is definitely Top 36, Meredith is not.  A couple of episodes the girls with the lowest stickers were Lily, Meredith and Madeline who was cut.  Also Lisa, but Lisa because none of the group leaders chose her.  

I don't think it's fair to Kat do be compared to Meredith, because Kat is much stronger. 

• Love 20
19 hours ago, sATL said:

During Julia's re-play (and live) media day training - they keep beeping out the company she is making a comparison to that being a DCC is better than working there, when she ultimately goes into broadcasting..

I wonder what did she say ? something like McDonalds ? I was trying to read her lips... When Kelly said that "company" had an excellent brand and employees..

It seemed like she said McDonalds.  Right when she said that I was out.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with working in fast food (or other "unskilled" job).  She seems like a spoiled brat to me and it just kept getting worse after that. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, omgtv said:

It seemed like she said McDonalds.  Right when she said that I was out.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with working in fast food (or other "unskilled" job).  She seems like a spoiled brat to me and it just kept getting worse after that. 

I'm not in the journalism profession , so this is just my humble opinion - but short of getting an internship or short-term contract position with a news station, it makes some sense to work in the service industry ( I had a possibilities list on the other thread) to become more in touch with the everyday people who have stories to tell or you have to ask them questions and use those skills to hopefully launch into broadcasting. Those positions can really put to the test of your communication skills to be able to tell or write a story.

Even in McDs - you will come across that customer who doesn't have money, who is lonely, who wants you to explain the menu, whose order isn't right, who is in need of directions, God forbid is hurt or needs help, etc. Most neighborhood McDs are surrounded by windows so you will get a view of traffic patterns, the weather, probably know when there is a sports event (all sports/ all levels) is, know who/when is the local election,  etc.

Being a DCC you are being asked questions, from/to  a very select audience. They are in a bubble. Or they are just there to dance.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Ok, so I think Kat solidified her spot with cameos.  I think they will keep her.  Meredith I think is disappointing because she didn't do well there either.  The only reason she made camp is her face and now she can't do that? I noticed when Kelli asked if Shaina or Meredith were worse on the field Judy didn't answer.... which means Judy knows Kelli wants to keep Meredith.

Totally caught this as well. What difference does it make who Judy thinks is worse....

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Route66 said:

So cameos managed to shake out yet another thing that Meredith can't do. The whole vest thing was weird, considering how on uniform day Kelli prattles on and on about how the uniform is measured and custom made to each girl. No other girl has ever had a new uniform made for her on the spot.

Victoria can't use a can opener or identify common vegetables, so naturally she wins the cook off. When Maddie said it was rigged I agreed.

I wanted to punch Kelli when she ruminated on how dramatic training camp was. The helicopter crash was in no fucking way related to training camp.  Stop grief whoring. It didn't happen to you. 

I got the feeling Shaina was genuinely surprised and frustrated by her cut. She must watch Meredith screw up every night and wonder why she keeps getting pulled through. As noted above, she did not say Kelli was a roadblock, she said the Lord puts them up. Seriously passive aggressive of Judy to say "we'd understand if you didn't come back."

I totally agree with you about Shaina. I’m sure she felt Meredith, Kat, and Lily were the bottom three...and then.....she’s cut. To watch Meredith struggle constantly, and then, to be sent home over her....I would be so frustrated. 

As far as Julia is concerned,  Kelli did not like her interview and (it seems) is looking for a way to make Julia look bad...no matter what Julia said, it was going to be twisted to make he look bad. I would of walked out of there frustrated as she was! 

• Love 4

I don't know ANY employer that would like the "I'm just applying here to build my resume" answer. I had a person apply for a job in my office not by saying they thought the job would be interesting, or that they had some experience in the area. Instead they said "I really need the benefits." 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, KickPretty said:

This made me think of A Christmas Story! 🤪🤪 Don't forget your drink your Ovaltine.  LMAO!

I was going for Shelby drink your juice from Steel Magnolias but A Christmas Story works too! #crummycommercial

• Love 2

The anvils are clanking like crazy and I assume Meredith and Kat will make the team. This episode pretty much guaranteed it. The organization wants a sprinkling of beauties, not true DCC-style talent.

Loathed the cooking segment. Complete boredom.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2