Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: No Time For Losers

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

This felt like maybe it should have been the second one. It felt out of order.

I don’t know that it was or wasn’t, but it could’ve been. TV show episodes aren’t always shown in the order in which they’re filmed.

Its been ages since I've heard Here You Come Again! I liked this episode, it was a bit less laugh out loud funny than the last one, but I still got a lot of laughs. Its just a charming show where I like the characters and enjoy watching them. 

"Its the UK basketball team!!!"

• Love 4
13 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

It may have felt out of order character development-wise, but it wasn't plot-wise as they referenced the "most improved" trophy repeatedly throughout.

I laughed when Wayne ate the pastry, chewed it up, spit it back out and said it was as good as before.  I felt bad for the girl who had no more gluten-free options, but that still cracked me up. 

I like this show a lot.  I hope it sticks around. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

It may have felt out of order character development-wise, but it wasn't plot-wise as they referenced the "most improved" trophy repeatedly throughout.

This. It's more likely that the writers room has several early stories they want to fit in and the first few episodes will be awkward as they do all the setup.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

On IMDb it shows that the production code for 1x03 was "1BYG02" and for 1x02 was "1BYG03"

I felt the same way, this one feels more like a direct continuation from the pilot (the trophy, the dislexya plotline) than the actual 1x02.

Overall, i guess nothing was harmed by this, I enjoyed all the episodes so far, it's been a fun show. Looking foward for more.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, deaja said:

Wasn’t the most improved trophy from episode 1? I thought the same thing, but enjoyed it anyway.

Yep. The second one was the Fork Fest with no awards given, except for wrestling a pig. I also think they cleaned up the houseboat in the last episode.

• Love 4

For me, the "We are the Champions" song at the beginning would have made more sense right after the first episode, and the pushback in Fork Fest would have made more sense if they'd started to get smug about "Most Improved."

I wonder if the producers were concerned that people would want most episodes to be the Anna Camp 'n Friends show, instead of showcasing more of the other cast like Fork Fest did.  (And the tattoo reveal in Fork Fest makes more sense.)

OTOH, it's not a documentary, and it wasn't so far out of order that I was lost. 

YMMV but on Glee I always understood why Rachel was put forward because of Lea Michele's voice. I don't really see why we're supposed to believe Ginny was the better choice when Shanice is probably a better soprano than Anna. If I'm being the most generous, 9 to 5 was at least a better sell. 

I keep feeling like the episode plots are little Hallmark movies. Do the writers have experience writing for TV? Because it doesn't feel like it. 

I feel like this would work better as just a video series where the Reverend talks about all the movies and shows he's seen... with their alternate titles. I'm not laughing at much else in the show. 

On 10/10/2019 at 10:08 PM, Snow Apple said:

Yeah, I'm not as fond of this one as the first two either. But I'm sticking with it for now.

I haven't heard the song Here You Come Again for years. Still so good. Made me feel nostalgic.

Love the song but she isn't a very good singer. Sounds like someone at a family reunion who has the "best voice".