Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Inside Man

spinxella
  • Start Topic

After being duped by Tariq with his counterfeit drugs, Vincent holds Tariq hostage. Ghost and Tommy call a temporary truce, forming a dangerous alliance in order to face a common enemy. Tasha agrees to put her differences to the side and turns to an unlikely ally for help.

My goodness! Now Tariq thinks he can con the all the adults.

Thank you Vincent! For laying some good shots on Tariq (I would watch that on loop all day). You should have used baseballs or as Thanos said "you should have gone for the head"!

What amazing motivation to move all that weight in 24 hours. How is Tommy not demanding more production from his people after seeing this!

Alphonse may be the dumbest man alive dead. Now he thinks he is some news reporter. What was the point to start talking to Ramona? Why her? I am sure all the people in the room has scandalous stories. He would be there all night talking to all of them. Just leave you fool!

Surprised all those rich people showed up without any of their own private security. The NYPD should be able to catch them easily (but on this show.. it's not happening).

Of course Tate turns this into positive press for his campaign. Once again Ghost comes through for him.

Tate (the cop as we were reminded numerous times) must know Ghost was behind this.

Finally! Ghost had a moment of clarity and now know about Tariq and Tommy. I am getting a feeling Tariq is not going survive this season.

Is Ramona that gullible to every suggestion Ghost makes or maybe she is on to him now?

Ghost just happens to forget to tell Tasha: Proctor was murdered in the penthouse. How was that shooting not on the evening news or front page of the papers for Tasha to see?

Tasha should introduce Zigg to Tommy if she really wants to get him of her back. She must be enjoying being back to selling drugs.

Ghost can have Tommy taken care of in 2 seconds if he tells Benny the truth. Are we going to get more of the shoot and miss stuff then let's have a brief truce for awhile between these two until the end of season?

Yeah right Keisha, you can kill Ghost. I can't wait to see her end (to be clear: not meaning her booty).

Zigg's product has a 2 star rating on yelp. 

When they moved the men and women to sides, I thought the thieves were going to have some dance competition or have people dance through like this was "Soul Train".

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

So, from watching The Grifters” I thought the whole point of beating a person with a bag of oranges was to create nasty bruises without too much actual damage, so I was surprised Vincent did it right in front of Ghost and Tommy. Obviously it worked on Tasha but I assumed those two would know that trick?

• Love 2

Thank you Vincent! For laying some good shots on Tariq

I have never rooted more for a bag of oranges.

The stupidity streak continues. Proctor, a high-profile lawyer, gets murdered gangland style, and it wasn't all over the news? Tasha is just now finding out about it?

Tate's fundraiser is full of monied VIPs and there's no security? Not even an NYPD detail? Cops and security would've been all up and through that club.

For reasons I will never understand, Alphonse decides to strike up a conversation with Ramona while in the middle of an armed robbery. I had a flashback to "The Wire" when Stringer said to one of this guys, "is you taking notes on a criminal fucking conspiracy? Fuck is you thinking, man?!"

"I'll kill Ghost myself." Sit your inflated ass down, Keisha.

Tate had me rolling when he told Ghost "fuck yo' time." And then Ghost deadass saying "I actually need 2 million, but I only asked for half."

So, who do y'all think refilled the Tate campaign coffers? I think Ramona did it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I can't wait until James, Tasha, and Tommy find out Tariq was working with Vincent against them.

And of course Dre would be savvy enough to slip out before the robbery. James should've never trusted him.

It's not believable to me that someone wouldn't have managed to hit the emergency function on their phone as soon as stuff started going down in that club. There are always people who keep their phone in hand at all times.

Wait, who does Benny think killed his brother? Wonder what he'll do when he finds out James lied to him?

But what about Google ratings? 🙄

I am getting a feeling Tariq is not going survive this season.

Dare we hope? I'm sure Angela would love the company and it would serve Tariq right to be stuck with her.

So, who do y'all think refilled the Tate campaign coffers? I think Ramona did it.

Yep, but I wonder what she thinks happened to the money? That's a lot of cash not to bring up to Tate unless she's sure it wasn't him who took it.

25 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Ghost returned the money. It did seem odd he would do it without telling him. Ghost must be real tight with Tate's accountants.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

So, from watching The Grifters” I thought the whole point of beating a person with a bag of oranges was to create nasty bruises without too much actual damage, so I was surprised Vincent did it right in front of Ghost and Tommy. Obviously it worked on Tasha but I assumed those two would know that trick?

It's the other way around. It will cause a lot of damage and hurt like hell but not leave a bruise. 

(So the bruising was puzzling.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I just hate Tariq so much I forgot to give him the tiniest bit of credit for getting Elise Marie out of that house. Normally I don’t think Tommy would kill a kid but he was angry and was raging out- she would’ve been dead. Given the shit fucking awful person Tariq is, yes he gets the tiniest humanity point for getting her away and delivering her to Benny safely. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

For reasons I will never understand, Alphonse decides to strike up a conversation with Ramona while in the middle of an armed robbery. I had a flashback to "The Wire" when Stringer said to one of this guys, "is you taking notes on a criminal fucking conspiracy? Fuck is you thinking, man?!"

"I'll kill Ghost myself." Sit your inflated ass down, Keisha.

🤣

Tommy and his crew are the comic relief and Tommy remains the MVP. I hope Herc doesn't cancel Christmas on him.

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wait, who does Benny think killed his brother? Wonder what he'll do when he finds out James lied to him?

I didn't think Ghost knew Tommy killed Proctor. Didn't he say something like that "Tommy did it" to Tasha after seeing Tommy's reaction to Ghost telling Benny who ever did it?

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Ghost just happens to forget to tell Tasha: Proctor was murdered in the penthouse. How was that shooting not on the evening news or front page of the papers for Tasha to see?

There is no way it wouldn't have been. Someone shoots up a penthouse like that, it's on the news. The other residents would have been screaming and wondering what was going on and trying to flee. Like, do people not realize how close New Yorkers live to each other? Even in fancy buildings like that, there are people around ALL THE TIME. You're literally on top of each other. 

22 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I died. And then when he asked if the whatever was sugar-free because he was out of Weight Watchers points for the day, I was through. More of him, please!

Next week Keisha is talking about not doing this street shit forever ... girl, who do you think your man is? Unlike Ghost, he's never had any interest in going straight. He's never talked about getting out. She reminds me of Tara on Sons of Anarchy (although Maggie Siff is a MUCH better actress) - like, girl, you are a gangster's moll, period. (Although at least Jax gave lip service to leaving the life, and when he couldn't he told HER to take their kids and leave - she chose to stay.) That's all this relationship is or will be.

2 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

I didn't think Ghost knew Tommy killed Proctor. Didn't he say some like that "Tommy did it" to Tasha after seeing Tommy's reaction to Ghost telling Benny who ever did it?

I think you're right - he didn't deliberately lie to Benny, he just didn't know Tommy (and Tariq) were behind it until he saw Tommy's reaction.

• Love 2

If Ghost didn't tell Benny who (he thought) killed Proctor, why did Benny say to Tommy that he had? I'm still wondering who Benny thinks killed Proctor because when he finds out it was Tommy but Ghost told him someone else, that's gonna a problem for Ghost. I guess I need to find a detailed recap of this episode because apparently I missed a huge plot point.

• Love 1

Okay, I think I've figured it out. When Proctor went to James' place to ask if he and his daughter could hide out there, he apparently told James that someone named Igor was after him. It's unclear to me whether this name drop happened on screen or not. Later when James went to Benny for help in fencing the jewels from the fundraiser robbery, he told Benny that Proctor told him somebody named Igor was after him. Again, it's unclear to me whether the name was actually mentioned on screen. Whatever, "Igor" was Proctor's codename for Tommy, which James did not know but presumably Benny did. That's how Benny seems to know it was Tommy who killed Proctor, James doesn't know he ratted out Tommy, and Tommy thinks James specifically did rat him out to Benny. Yeesh, what a mess.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Next week Keisha is talking about not doing this street shit forever ... girl, who do you think your man is? Unlike Ghost, he's never had any interest in going straight. He's never talked about getting out. She reminds me of Tara on Sons of Anarchy (although Maggie Siff is a MUCH better actress) - like, girl, you are a gangster's moll, period. (Although at least Jax gave lip service to leaving the life, and when he couldn't he told HER to take their kids and leave - she chose to stay.) That's all this relationship is or will be.

Exactly. As I wrote before, Keisha likes the perks of the life, but not the grit. It's fun to shop and live in the fancy loft, it's quite another to clean drug money through your business, toss murder weapons in the river, and do criminal shit 24/7. 

Keisha upgrades her wardrobe and is walking around like she's Queen shit. Tasha should be a cautionary tale for her. Married to Ghost for 10 years, but now she's out on her ass. One child dead and the other one lost to the streets/a dumbass. Go back to living in Queens and doing hair, Keisha. It's the safer bet. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Okay, I think I've figured it out. When Proctor went to James' place to ask if he and his daughter could hide out there, he apparently told James that someone named Igor was after him. It's unclear to me whether this name drop happened on screen or not. Later when James went to Benny for help in fencing the jewels from the fundraiser robbery, he told Benny that Proctor told him somebody named Igor was after him. Again, it's unclear to me whether the name was actually mentioned on screen. Whatever, "Igor" was Proctor's codename for Tommy, which James did not know but presumably Benny did. That's how Benny seems to know it was Tommy who killed Proctor, James doesn't know he ratted out Tommy, and Tommy thinks James specifically did rat him out to Benny. Yeesh, what a mess.

Yes the name drop happened on screen. We never saw Proctor give Benny the code name, but I’m sure they had a plan, because Proctor new Tommy was after him and Benny did too. Ghost gave Benny the name Tommy gave him, “Igor” who Ghost thought was the ex-client/sex trafficker. It wasn’t until Tommy and Benny locked eyes Ghost realized what happened and we the audience knew Benny knew Tommy killed Proctor. 

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

If Ghost didn't tell Benny who (he thought) killed Proctor, why did Benny say to Tommy that he had? I'm still wondering who Benny thinks killed Proctor because when he finds out it was Tommy but Ghost told him someone else, that's gonna a problem for Ghost. I guess I need to find a detailed recap of this episode because apparently I missed a huge plot point.

Ghost told Benny “Igor was after Proctor” (which he thought, because Proctor said so). Benny and Proctor had already discussed that Tommy was after Proctor and where Proctor and Elise Marie was going to hide out. After getting the code name from Ghost (very smart on Benny/Proctor’s part to plant that bit of info), Benny knows Tommy killed Proctor and Ghost figures it out when they locked eyes and searching Tariq’s phone. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

There is no way it wouldn't have been. Someone shoots up a penthouse like that, it's on the news. The other residents would have been screaming and wondering what was going on and trying to flee. Like, do people not realize how close New Yorkers live to each other? Even in fancy buildings like that, there are people around ALL THE TIME. You're literally on top of each other. 

I died. And then when he asked if the whatever was sugar-free because he was out of Weight Watchers points for the day, I was through. More of him, please!

I think you're right - he didn't deliberately lie to Benny, he just didn't know Tommy (and Tariq) were behind it until he saw Tommy's reaction.

Yes on girl's acting! Every time Keisha talks I think this reminds me of SOA's Able. That was the worst child actor ever and Keisha is the Able of this show. Takes me right out of every scene. ugh. Hate that she's going to be a regular on the chi next season. And Tara would have been so much better as a lawbreaker than Keisha. She always seems minutes from getting herself killed or getting pinched by the cops and confessing.  It was no suprise that she didn't want help but couldn't do the books right. Tommy deserves better. Lol

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, andreamf15 said:

And Tara would have been so much better as a lawbreaker than Keisha. She always seems minutes from getting herself killed or getting pinched by the cops and confessing.  It was no suprise that she didn't want help but couldn't do the books right.

When Jax was trying to kill Clay, Tara was like "I'm a doctor, I got you. Inject him with this, it'll look like a heart attack." Keisha is like " I AM LAUNDERING DRUG MONEY THROUGH MY SHOP." Badly, at that.

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ghost told Benny “Igor was after Proctor” (which he thought, because Proctor said so). Benny and Proctor had already discussed that Tommy was after Proctor and where Proctor and Elise Marie was going to hide out. After getting the code name from Ghost (very smart on Benny/Proctor’s part to plant that bit of info), Benny knows Tommy killed Proctor and Ghost figures it out when they locked eyes and searching Tariq’s phone. 

That was very smart of Benny and Proctor (I miss Proctor!) and I don't think I got all that until you laid it out, so thank you, @Scarlett45.

• Love 5

Thanks to @Joimiaroxeu and @Scarlett45 for the explanations about “Igor.” I think I thought Igor was one of the Serbian guys. There are so many bad guys on this show it is hard for me to keep up. 

It’s ironic how much bad stuff Ghost has done, but he seems to get in the most trouble for the things he didn’t do.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Alphonse talked to Ramona at Ghost's direction.  It was part of Ghost's plan.  Unfortunately, Alphonse was not let in on the part where he would be killed.  Remember Alphonse eluded to another "hustle" to Dre.  This was it.  Alphonse was to hang around and be more menacing.  And, Ghost gave Tate the gun so Tate would come out as a hero.  Even Ramona, when talking to Ghost after it was over, was skeptical that it all just worked out so well.  We didn't see it, and the show didn't tell us, but that's the only explanation for Alphonse being so stupid.

Edited by PsychoDrone
  • Love 2
On 9/30/2019 at 9:08 AM, Empress1 said:

I died. And then when he asked if the whatever was sugar-free because he was out of Weight Watchers points for the day, I was through. More of him, please.

At times, this show brings some good humor. I am getting worried about him. It seems every week 2 bit is threatening to shoot him. Maybe one day he will deliver on his promise or are they just comic relief (nothing more).