Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Even though no one from Arrow won any of the Teen Choice Awards, here's some positive feedback from a fan who live-tweeted from the awards show...

Cammien Ray ‏@CammienRay
YAYYYY the crowd is going wild when @EmilyBett and @dpanabaker were listed among the #ChoiceTVSciFiActress nominees
#TeenChoiceAwards
6:19 PM - 16 Aug 2015

https://twitter.com/CammienRay/status/633085638259052544

Cammien Ray ‏@CammienRay
Summary of #TeenChoiceAwards: There were THESE cute clips of #Olicity and #SnowBarry and nothing else mattered. <3
CMk20wJUcAALe7l.png
CMk2yX_UAAAe5k-.jpg
7:06 PM - 16 Aug 2015

https://twitter.com/CammienRay/status/633097503668244481

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Winners of Golden Trio Awards (announced at http://www.itsjustaboutwrite.com/2015/08/1st-annual-just-about-write-golden-trio_19.html) include the following:

• Original Team Arrow won BROTP of the Year
  • SA won Social Media King
  • EBR won Social Media Queen
  • SA won Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
  • DR won Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
  • EBR won Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
  • Arrow won Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
  • Arrow won Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series
  • Love 1

EBR is HNGN's Woman Crush Wednesday selection for August 19, 2015...

Emily Bett Rickards is Woman Crush Wednesday-Worthy! (PHOTOS)
By Staff Reporter | Aug 19, 2015 11:36 AM EDT
http://www.hngn.com/articles/118411/20150819/emily-bett-rickards-woman-crush-wednesday-worthy-photos.htm

emily-bett-rickards.png?w=650

Previously: KC was HNGN's Woman Crush Wednesday selection for April 22, 2015. Other HNGN selections have included JLo, Natalie Dormer, Megan Fox, Katy Perry, Gisele Bundchen, Carmen Electra, Amber Rose, Rihanna, and others.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

KC lost to JM in the first round. She only lost by 10%. I was suprised it was that close. That isn't a knock at KC but a comment on JM's popularity.

Edited by 10Eleven12

KC lost to JM in the first round. She only lost by 10%. I was suprised it was that close. That isn't a knock at KC but a comment on JM's popularity.

I don't think the OUAT fandom is putting their heart into this. Maybe they only care for ship polls? 

I actually think they only care about ship polls. As I understand it, a lot of people didn't even know this poll was happening.

A lot of Olicity fans are also voting for Candice, myself included (though I only voted once), which helps too.

Even though Arrow didn't win any Teen Choice Awards, it did get some wins in the official CarterMatt pre-show voting results (readers' "who should win" votes)...

Teen Choice Awards 2015: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Emily Bett Rickards among reader picks
August 16, 2015
http://cartermatt.com/175912/teen-choice-awards-2015-jared-padalecki-jensen-ackles-emily-bett-rickards-among-reader-picks/

• Arrow won Sci-Fi/Fantasy Series
  • EBR won Actress, Sci-Fi/Fantasy
  • SA & EBR won TV Liplock
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

In terms of Venn diagrams, I'd say they are pretty similar.  I know there are people who say they are Felicity fans and hate Olicity but most of them want her to go back to being the two dimensional comedic relief of the first season so I don't think of them as true Felicity fans.

• Love 6

I know a few Felicity fans who aren't Olicity fans but they aren't Oliver fans and want him dead. They either want a grown up Conner Hawk to come be the Arrow or Thea to Be the main Arrow Character. And One fan who wants Oliver to be killed and Felicity to take Arrow as her Hacker name and be kind of like the character in the video game Watch dogs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_Dogs

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

Errr ok. I'm a Felicity fan who is not an Olicity shipper. And I like Oliver, and I don't want Felicity to go back to two-dimensional comic relief (not that I'm totally convinced she ever was). Am I the only one of my kind? :(

Errr ok. I'm a Felicity fan who is not an Olicity shipper. And I like Oliver, and I don't want Felicity to go back to two-dimensional comic relief (not that I'm totally convinced she ever was). Am I the only one of my kind? :(

I hope not :( But you MAY be in the minority (at least online). The amount of times I've seen people say that Olicity ruined Felicity's character and what her back to her S1 and S2 fun self is just borderline criminal. 

I think you may be a rare fan (at least on the internet, or one who has made themselves known..)! And while I love Felicity and Oliver/Felicity I rarely vote in online polls. I find however that the ones that do vote for Felicity/EBR in these polls (At least the ones who do the voting trends and vote continuously) are a part of the larger, more vocal Olicity fandom. They want attention brought to EBR, Felicity, and Olicity, since the network fails in the Arrow promo department, and one way to do that is through these polls. 

That's not to say that only Olicity fans vote for her, and that there are no Felicity fans who are not Olicity fans, but the louder ones tend to fall into both categories. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 2

Just Olicity or Felicity/EBR fans in general? Because yes there is a distinction. 

Does it even matter? Surely as a CP fan you should be glad people are voting for her. I don't understand your questions. 

My, this is going to be a long list, i'm a fan of:

-Felicity Smoak

-Oliver Queen

-Emily Bett Rickards

-Stephen Amell

-Olicity

and.....Candice Patton 

So yup, i'm voting for Emily, not because of Felicity or Olicity, and for Candice too. My reasons for voting are very simple, brings attention to the actress and subsequently to Felicity and Arrow. Still i wonder why does it matter which type of fans are voting for Candice :p

P.S. Needless to say that i'm also a fan of John Diggle, David Ramsey and Original Team Arrow  

• Love 7

....where can we clearly see that? One person here?

And it does matter because I voted for EBR and I detest Olicity strongly. and don't want her to go back to the comic relief only (possibly because I thought some of that got old like in her second ep) 

....where can we clearly see that? One person here?

And it does matter because I voted for EBR and I detest Olicity strongly. and don't want her to go back to the comic relief only (possibly because I thought some of that got old like in her second ep) 

Someone on twitter apparently tried to suggest that Olicity fans were voting against CP when there was a lot of evidence to the contrary. It was a particular stan trying to start unnecessary drama and hate. 

And that's your opinion but I'm still unsure why the distinction matters. Whether you detest Olicity or not, you've still voted for EBR and that's all that counts here. Same goes for everyone else. 

Edited by Guest

Honestly the eonline polls are getting to be too much. Half the time they won't even load quickly enough with all the recapthcas they have. I'm getting online voting fatigue.

The drama of the fandoms voting against other fandoms is just getting a little annoying.

Also feel like eonline is purposely putting fandoms against each other or letting some people have an easy path to later rounds.

• Love 2

Honestly the eonline polls are getting to be too much. Half the time they won't even load quickly enough with all the recapthcas they have. I'm getting online voting fatigue.

The drama of the fandoms voting against other fandoms is just getting a little annoying.

Also feel like eonline is purposely putting fandoms against each other or letting some people have an easy path to later rounds.

I won't vote more than once anymore a round and this time due to how long the "I AM NOT A ROBOT" things were taking to load I only voted for EBR and CP and I almost gave up on CP.  Not only do the things take forever to load, most of the time they make me look at pictures of donuts or pie or cake or other yummy things and that is NOT helping my diet!

• Love 1

I wasn't voting in their polls before because for some reason the recapcha things wouldn't load on my iPad. It would let me vote for one person, and then would freeze on the second vote. But I recently discovered it works just fine on my phone. So I'm throwing in a few votes here and there, not obsessively. Mainly just whenever I get curious about what the results are (because you can't see those until you vote).

• Love 1

Yeah EBR and CP are both going to comfortably win this round. I'm glad CP is getting such support. I wouldn't have suspected she could beat both Emma Swan and Cookie Lyon. :) But if I've learned anything from this, it's that the POI and The 100 fandoms are more of a force to be reckoned with than I'd imagined. All three of The 100 ladies are going to be going on to the next round, and it's a close match right now between Sarah Shahi and Caitriona Balfe.

Lol EBR jumped to a 75% lead. I think it will settle in a few hours. And these type of polls is all about the fans voting as much possible. Unpredictable for me.

Edited by Velocity23