Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Vote for Olicity to be one of the 7 ships selected (I think you need a twitter, facebook or google account)...

TSR’s Week of Iconic Ships
Jul 26, 2018 by Team TSR
http://theseriesregulars.com/tsrs-week-of-iconic-ships/

We’ve noticed that you guys tend to get very passionate when it comes to your favorite ships. We do too. And we think shipping is a beautiful thing — it’s worth celebrating. So today we are announcing our first ever official Week of Ships!

Here’s how this works:

• Below is a list (in random order) of 100 ships nominated by our writers. Whether they are controversial, groundbreaking, or just plain old soulmates, someone on our team deemed each of these 100 couples iconic enough to nominate.
  • We need you guys to narrow this list down to only 7 — one for each day of our ship week. You can vote for up to 7 ships, but keep in mind that we won’t do two days devoted to the same show. So if Shadowhunters‘ Malec gets the most votes and Shadowhunters’ Clace comes in second, only Malec will get a day. This is because we are hoping to celebrate lots of different TV fandoms during the Week of Ships. Did we miss the most iconic ship of all? Don’t worry, there’s a write-in option! Type it in and let us know how badly we messed up (but be nice!)
  • If your ship wins, you aren’t done after voting — we want to celebrate YOU, along with the couple you love. The TSR staff will be writing articles and tweeting about the ship, but we want to hear from you, too. Any fan of a winning ship is encouraged to submit guest articles about why their ship is so iconic. We will also be highlighting fan art! But we will get more into that once the winners have been announced.

Update: At 5 PM EST on Friday, July 27th, the poll was reset to zero and new measures were implemented to prevent cheating. Thank you for your patience!

Poll ends Friday, August 3rd at 10 AM EST

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

LMAO that “Lauricity” and Laurel and Tommy were options from Arrow, but not Laurel and Oliver. Also, Lauricity? What? Show me five people who have shipped Laurel and Felicity. 

• Love 3

And they combined the Lois and Clark ship form both Smallville and Lois&Clark, The New Adventures of Superman, totally different shows and characters.  One I loved and one i hated.  Who does that?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

LMAO that “Lauricity” and Laurel and Tommy were options from Arrow, but not Laurel and Oliver. Also, Lauricity? What? Show me five people who have shipped Laurel and Felicity. 

Yeah, that made me side eye this new group. If you don't want to include Laurel and Oliver then just don't include them, don't make shit up just to add more couples from the show, LOL!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

I ran into a Laurel/Felicity fic once!!!! I didn't read it but it definately exists. Hehe so there's your one person!

• Love 1

Looking at the pictures on the header of their twitter account I don't expect this supposed "entertainment site" to be Olicity fans friends. There's a pic of WA Malec and Clexa, three fandoms who always seem to have an imagined axe to grind with our fandom. 

4 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Looking at the pictures on the header of their twitter account I don't expect this supposed "entertainment site" to be Olicity fans friends. There's a pic of WA Malec and Clexa, three fandoms who always seem to have an imagined axe to grind with our fandom. 

They did write that "how we fell in love" with Olicity feature (posted in the News thread) so they seem to be Olicity friendly-adjacent, LOL! Unless they're just looking for clicks, which even Olicity unfriendly sites do. I saw the link shared everywhere on Twitter but I didn't think it was a well-written piece TBH.

Best TV Superhero Moments of 2018
Dan Klinefelter  July 30, 2018
http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/best-tv-superhero-moments-of-2018

“I AM THE GREEN ARROW” — ARROW
For six years, Oliver Queen kept his other life hidden from the rest of the world. Even his family and closest friends took a while to learn the truth. Still, Oliver struggled against impossible odds — including the public scrutiny of the Mayor’s office — to keep his identity secret. That all ended after Oliver struck a deal with FBI Agent Watson to rid Star City of Ricardo Diaz, a man who had nearly the entire city in his pocket.

Once Diaz’s organization was destroyed, and Diaz had fled, Oliver kept his end of the bargain, staring into a camera and stating unequivocally, “I am the Green Arrow.” It was a powerful and life-changing moment for a man who relied on secrecy and deception nearly as much as his arsenal of arrows.

HUMANITY RISES UP — AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
BLACK LIGHTNING’S BACK — BLACK LIGHTNING
JERI’S REVENGE — JESSICA JONES
“I AM THE GREEN ARROW” — ARROW
TANDY’S PHONE CALL LOOP — CLOAK AND DAGGER
BEEBO VS. MALLUS — LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

Edited by tv echo

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/2018-greenarrowtv-awards-pick-the-best-actor-male-from-arrow-season-6/

Was this one posted here?  I realized I hadn't voted on it myself. 

7 hours ago, tv echo said:

It's strange that GATV hasn't posted any more voting categories in its GATV Awards competition since July 5 - they posted 5 categories from late May to early July (best episode, worst episode, best actor, best actress, fave writer) and then stopped; maybe they're still recovering from SDCC...
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/category/greenarrowtv-awards/

I know Craig was slammed the week before going into SDCC and was playing catch up after it as well but I've got nothing to explain before that.  

And GATV's back with a new voting category...

2018 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Best Director From Arrow Season 6!
August 2, 2018 Craig Byrne 
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/2018-greenarrowtv-awards-pick-the-best-director-from-arrow-season-6/

After a few weeks of not updating (sorry about that!) it’s time for another category in the annual GreenArrowTV Awards – honoring the best and not-so-best of the most recent Arrow season.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Remember voting for TSR's Week of Iconic Ships? Well, here are the results (no Olicity)...

TSR’s Week of Ships: Announcing Our 7 Featured Relationships
Aug 03, 2018  by Team TSR
http://theseriesregulars.com/tsrs-week-of-ships-announcing-our-7-featured-relationships/

The top seven ships with the most votes were:
Clexa (Clarke & Lexa, The 100)
Malec (Magnus & Alec, Shadowhunters)
AvaLance (Ava & Sara, Legends of Tomorrow)
SuperCorp (Kara/Supergirl & Lena Luthor, Supergirl)
Peraltiago (Jake Peralta & Amy Santiago, Brooklyn Nine-Nine)
Delena (Damon & Elena, The Vampire Diaries)
WayHaught (Waverly & Nicole, Wynonna Earp)

Edited by tv echo

Of the top seven ships, five were same sex?  Yeah, there's no bias at all.

(To explain, I think a good same sex ship is equal to a good heterosexual ship. But I don't think AvaLance was well written this season and SuperCorp doesn't even exist except in the minds of the fans.)l

• Love 2
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

And GATV's back with a new voting category...

2018 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Best Director From Arrow Season 6!
August 2, 2018 Craig Byrne 
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/2018-greenarrowtv-awards-pick-the-best-director-from-arrow-season-6/

I picked the director of Reversal over other perhaps better episodes because he at least knew to film all those kisses head on and in full glory without fancy fades or "artistic" cutaways.  He knew what the money shots were.  

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I picked the director of Reversal over other perhaps better episodes because he at least knew to film all those kisses head on and in full glory without fancy fades or "artistic" cutaways.  He knew what the money shots were.  

That was my pick also.

• Love 1

I went with 1-3 (because Felicity shows up) then 1-15 because Dodger was so fun and teamy (almost picked 1-14 because it's when Felicity was brought in but there was too much I didn't love in the flashbacks)  and 1-23 because Felicity is awesome in it and Tommy broke my heart.  

12 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Double checked my vote was for Felicity before submitting because it would’ve been too easy to accidentally hit BS on my phone. 

Maybe that's what Craig's counting on lol 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Double checked my vote was for Felicity before submitting because it would’ve been too easy to accidentally hit BS on my phone. 

It's not a coincidence. NTA had way more screen time then her and he put them below her.

• Love 1

Least favourite character should have been a multiple response poll so you can pick 1st least favourite, 2nd least favourite, etc. 

This may be the first time that I haven’t automatically assigned my vote to any version of Laurel Lance because there were so many other valid options.

I still ended up choosing Dinah because all versions of BC irritate me greatly. 

Edited by kes0704
Spelling
  • Love 1

Impossible category seeing as I hate all of NTA and Diaz and I don't care about BS but I went with Dinah because she sucks and took over too much, IMO.

If a lot of votes are split among NTA/Diaz (4 people), while the Olicity haters all vote for Felicity, I think it's possible that she might "win" this category.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I voted for my least favorite 3-D printed drug trafficker in the world, DDDragon, whose whole "arc" was honestly the worst thing I've ever sat through on this show, and that's saying a lot. 

Felicity may very well win with people like this voting for her. She really should've just let that nuke hit the more populated town so more people would die, I guess! 

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 10.17.31 AM.png

Yeah, I could see Felicity winning purely because the vote seems to be split between Rene/Dinah/Curtis/Dragon. I've also seen some say they're voting for Watson, weirdly enough. Felicity haters are so weirdly obsessed with her, I could see them mass voting. I'm sure some WA fans will vote for her too because...petty. You have to laugh really.

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Felicity may very well win with people like this voting for her. She really should've just let that nuke hit the more populated town so more people would die, I guess! 

At this point, I would've been fine with Felicity directing a nuke towards WA's wedding. Can she send one towards Central City this season?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 10.17.31 AM.png

Does this person realize neither of those things happened in S6 or are even true? WA reception was on Supergirl, double wedding on LoT. 

I honestly don’t know who to vote for. Hated NTA. Diaz was a joke as a villain. I blame BS’ existence for the crazy Lance we got this season. 

11 hours ago, tv echo said:

If a lot of votes are split among NTA/Diaz (4 people), while the Olicity haters all vote for Felicity, I think it's possible that she might "win" this category.

I'm expecting her to win both the favorite and least favorite character again.  The worst character is just too split among the Olicitiy fandom to push back against the ones that would pick Felicity.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Interesting - I thought the results would be a lot closer if not in the oppposite direction, given that the fan who tweeted this poll is a comics guy (his twitter tagline reads: "Dean Asquith. DC Comics. Geek. Green Arrow Mega Fan. #GreenArrow #Arrow #Arrowverse")...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
On 15/08/2018 at 8:30 AM, BkWurm1 said:

I'm expecting her to win both the favorite and least favorite character again.  The worst character is just too split among the Olicitiy fandom to push back against the ones that would pick Felicity.  

Agreed. Judging from what I've seen stalking twitter the Olicity fandom is very divided over who they thought was the worst between NTA Diaz and BS.  I actually think Diaz and NTA will get more votes then Siren.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

People seem indifferent to Siren most of the time (myself included). 

Yep. Laurel actually had a personality and aspects of her character that made her worth loving or hating. Siren has no discernible personality and her motivation is whatever that week's episode requires of her. You could remove her from the show tomorrow and it wouldn't make any difference to the narrative or any of the other characters. She's too irrelevant to be a least favorite character, IMO.

• Love 9

Oliver & Felicity are among the couples listed in "Category #3: Favorite New TV Couple" (currently in 3rd place with 15% of vote), and Oliver & Laurel are among the couples listed in "Category #2: TV Couple You Most Wish Could Have Gotten a Happy Ending" (currently tied for 11th place with 1% of vote)...

Vote! Tell-Tale TV’s Battle of the Ships 2018 (Round One)
August 15, 2018  Tell-Tale TV
https://www.telltaletv.com/2018/08/vote-tell-tale-tvs-battle-of-the-ships-2018-round-one/

Below, you can vote for your favorite TV ships in a variety of categories. You may vote for one choice in each category until Wednesday, August 22nd at 9:00pm EST!

Make sure to click “vote” after each category.

The top 5 couples in each category will then move on to the second and final round, which will begin on August 23rd.
Category #2: TV Couple You Most Wish Could Have Gotten a Happy Ending
For this category, the show must have aired at some point since August 2017, but the ending for the couple could have happened at any point prior.
Category #3: Favorite New TV Couple
For this category, the couple must have gotten together OR gotten back together sometime after August 2017.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Please nominate EBR (the more people nominating her, the better her chances of making it into this tournament)...

TV's Top Leading Lady 2018: Nominate Your Favorite Actresses Now
by TV SCOOP TEAM | Fri., Aug. 17, 2018 
https://www.eonline.com/news/961186/tv-s-top-leading-lady-2018-nominate-your-favorite-actresses-now

Or rather there's a new name for an old tournament, as Girl on Top is no more. That means that Wynonna Earp's Melanie Scrofano  will reign as the final Girl on Top as a new star becomes E! News' first Top Leading Lady, a lady who may lead a series or may lead as a role model for costars and fans alike. You decide what that word means to you, and let us know with your votes!

In order to get this year's tournament going, we need your nominations, for which there are a few rules. 
You can submit your nominations by commenting below, or by using the Twitter hashtag #ELeadingLady. You don't need to submit the same nomination more than once. Your pick is more likely to make it into the tournament if there are more nominations from multiple people, so get your friends and fellow fans to help you out!

We'll be accepting nominations until Sunday, August 19 at 5 p.m., and round one (featuring 64 competitors) will go up at 9 a.m. PT on Monday, August 20. 

Voting will remain open from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. PT the next day, so get ready! 

(P.S. For anyone wondering, you'll be able to vote for TV's Top Leading Man in the spring!) 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Eonline is not giving fans much time to vote in each round. From above article on Round 2 of TV's Top Leading Lady 2018:

Voting in this round will remain open until Thursday, August 23 at 6 p.m. ET, 3 p.m. PT. 
You can look for round three to begin on Friday, August 24 at 9 a.m. PT. 

Edited by tv echo