Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Olicity fandom minds their own business when voting in these things but the other side always become ugly. And it's crazy how many just hate olicity because its the cool thing to do nowadays. 90% of why I want to win is out of pettiness. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

Olicity fandom minds their own business when voting in these things but the other side always become ugly. And it's crazy how many just hate olicity because its the cool thing to do nowadays. 90% of why I want to win is out of pettiness. 

Haha I noticed that other fandoms have a major hate on for us when it comes to polls. My only best guess is we have taken over Delenas spot as the biggest fandom and there attracts the biggest amount of petty/jealous haters. I mean I think only CaptainSwan and Clexa rival Olicity in fandom presence right now right? 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

Haha I noticed that other fandoms have a major hate on for us when it comes to polls. My only best guess is we have taken over Delenas spot as the biggest fandom and there attracts the biggest amount of petty/jealous haters. I mean I think only CaptainSwan and Clexa rival Olicity in fandom presence right now right? 

I think Captain isn't as big as they used to be. And Malec took over for Clexa for top spot for now. Outlander is still pretty big. 

10 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Really? Wow that's pathetic if someone can't even muster up the conviction to genuinely hate or like something on their own accord!

Hehe I had one of those days waiting around for stuff so I voted like a zillion times! Hope we make it through!!!!

Shipping is kinda fun when I'm not freaking out! *group huggles guys*

• Love 1

I really find it hard to believe that the entirety of Olicity fandom is super chill and respectful to other ships at all times. As stated, it's big, so there are different folks there as I am sure is the case with any fandom.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I really find it hard to believe that the entirety of Olicity fandom is super chill and respectful to other ships at all times. As stated, it's big, so there are different folks there as I am sure is the case with any fandom.

Oh we definitely have our bad apples out there I'm sure. But lately I've noticed Olicity fans fighting more amongst themselves then with other fandoms. 

• Love 3

The way that the other fandoms try to justify their hate has been pretty hilarious in the past. Clexa dismissing Olicity as a horrible 'white het' ship, a ship that involved black face and using sexual orientation to hate made those particular fans look bad. I remember when Bamon fans went to very anti- Olicity/Felicity space they could find posting for them to vote against Olicity, but they did it so prolifically that they were told to piss off and stop spamming the #Laurel Lance.

I don't even dislike either ships, but being called homophobic and racist because I was an Olicity fan tarnished them for me. 

What was hilarious about the Bamon vs Olicity ship of the year vote was how the Delena fandom- without the Olicity fandom needing or asking for them- helped vote for Olicity just to screw over Bamon. So it became all about their rivalry while the Olucity fans were just doing their own thing.

Thats why I'm probably prouder of the second SOTY win because the fandom did it themselves.

And to be honest if we are up a third time we could do it again.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I cannot even imagine taking time out of my day to anti-vote something.

I mean... People spend time talking about shows that they hate and make them miserable and supposedly don't watch so I don't think it's so out of the realm of possibilities lol 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6

I am not saying olicity fandom is full of angels, but a lot of the time we talk smack against the competition but I have yet to see olicity fans calling other people-fat, grandmas, racists, homophobic. And the name calling changes depending on who the competition is. it's disgusting cause olicity fans are from all walks of life, different nationalities, sexual orientation who all share a love for a couple. but apparently that isn't enough for ppl. 

Also, as we all know the higher you go up the more people wishing for your demise on the bottom. So I guess it must be a compliment that everyone wants us to lose. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Well for motivation for everyone. Olicity just took the lead. But it's still tight. 50/49. 

And now it's slid back the other direction.  49/50.  I would love getting further into the contest just to point to the accomplishment but it's hard to believe after the year Olicity has had that it can happen this time again.  

Still, I just voted ten more times, lol.

Edited by BkWurm1

The OUAT people aren't jumping that much right now. They are in the mid 20%, perhaps they have a comeback plan.

Olicity is still in a tight race.

I am rooting for Claire & Jamie, I just think their love story is both beloved by fans and be handled well by their show. And I love that couple the most of the remaining ones I'm familiar with. I also think on the whole the Outlander fandom is respectful & formidable, at least per my experience with them.

3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Oh no Outlander was not peaceful when Emily was up against Claire for Girl on Top award. Some were even calling emily a little girl. 

I don't want to defend those people because I don't know what they said. And they might have said horrible things in a horrible way - which is not acceptable.

But they were respectful to the BATB fandom when we were in a race together. I also found them to be overall respectful to EBR & FS when they were against each other. For the most part, they encourage participation by talking about how much they love their show & its actors - similar to how Olicity fandoms generally encourage voting. They speak of love and not try to tear other fandoms down.

However, I do think that the writing for Claire on Outlander is very womanly. Meanwhile, FS's writing is hit or miss. There is never a moment in Outlander that I doubt Claire as both strong & womanly. She is dealing with life & death, actual war, making marriages work, plot intrigues, power plays and having actual children. The actress plays her as an old soul. And I think because of EBR's age and the consistent writing flaws, FS can seem young at times. When they write her as being head over a heels for a date with a sketchy guy who episodes before she despised because of Couture Clothing - its problematic. When they don't show her being an actual Boss in the workplace when she is CEO, also problematic.

When they arbitrarily remove fundamental aspects of her character for plot purposes, that makes her seem younger. I never doubt that FS is a strong female, I do at times wonder how old she is. So while little girl maybe insulting, it may just be how the writers portray the characters or audiences see her. Claire is in her late 20s or early 30s, whereas FS is in her early 20s and it feels like that in their life journeys when you watch the shows. Also if I remember correctly, that contest was before Havenrock, which was when I think Arrow decided that FS could be an adult for a little bit. So perhaps that comment would not fly if they ever go again in a head to head. FS does seem more adult like since the end of s4. Also the target audience of Outlander is older than Arrow, which also may play a factor in it. People think Arrow is made for teens & YAs, and sometimes the writing does not challenge that belief.

• Love 1

Was at dinner with friends last night and it took forever because everybody was voting on their phones (which takes forever and a day. And yes, the "motivations" do work, LMAO. After seeing some of the horrible tweets about Olicity, our group of 7 (which included 3 guys) whipped out our phones and got to work. Yup, petty, LOL!

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, bijoux said:

FS is in mid, heading into late 20s at this point. She was in early 20s when the show started.

Yes I know that, but sometimes she seems younger especially in s3 and even mid s4.

1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

Oh no Outlander was not peaceful when Emily was up against Claire for Girl on Top award. Some were even calling emily a little girl. 

Im sure some were rude or childish but generally i got the impression that the fandom wanted to have fun in the voting.

10 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is that site broken? It's letting me vote without all the annoying robot detection thingies!

It let me do that before for about half a dozen time and then they came back.  

I just went and did another ten votes, but I stand corrected.  That's not how it was for me before. Before I still had to check I wasn't a robot. Not just a free for all.  Still, like you said about looking a gift horse in the mouth...

Watch: We honor Arrow's Diggle for Black History Month's 28 Days of Heroes
Toccara Castleman and Trent Moore  Mon, Feb 20, 2017 10:00am
http://www.blastr.com/2017-2-20/black-history-month-28-days-of-heroes-john-diggle

John Diggle may have started out as Oliver Queen's bodyguard, but now he's a hero all his own on Arrow.

Diggle has hit the streets as nameless back-up, rocked his sci-fi helmet as Spartan and even donned the hood as the Green Arrow himself for a while. Diggle has been with Oliver since the beginning and has rescued him from sudden death more than a few times along the way.

Sure, he's got ripped abs and strong right hook, but Diggle is also the heart of Team Arrow. He's flirted with the dark side once or twice but is always the moral center when things get tough. He's a family man, a father and an inspiration for Oliver.

Edited by tv echo
9 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Captchas are not working BUT it's still counting votes so please vote!

OK - So people have been using their phones and that's what's been helping so use phones - get the captchas - vote - win :)

• Love 1

So if your not getting captchas your votes arent counting? 

Dammit bad time to have my phone in repair. Im voting on my tablet but Im not getting captchas on that so Im not sure if it counts or not. Ill keep voting anyway just in case

you can only see the decimals if you do desktop setting but that wont yield a vote. so just vote on mobile setting on phone or ipad or change the default on your computer. The dolphin app lets you to vote mobile setting and it is quite fast and lets you open several tabs. 

its 49.92 right now.

I'm bummed they didn't win but it's been a rocky season with a divided Olicity fandom. They went up against a ship that is getting their season, Teen Wolf has a huge fandom and they tweeted support for it.

Olicity didn't lose by much. Not bad at all.

• Love 2

At least a million votes were cast between the two teams...and stydia had at least two large fandoms helping them. I think it was pretty impressive how well we did, and I think if a lot more of us voted we certainly could've won. Well at least we have next year while some of these fandoms dont. Also theres still that 3rd soty title to claim

• Love 2