Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

I have not seen the episode I'm giving it a miss based on reviews but I actually shudder when Canadagraphs compared it to The Newsroom/Aaron Sorkin writing and used descriptors like "genious" "sensational" "brilliant" "intelligent" for the episode. Like easy CG, sucking up to the writers isn't going to give you spoilers that we know your not really getting any more.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I have not seen the episode I'm giving it a miss based on reviews but I actually shudder when Canadagraphs compared it to The Newsroom/Aaron Sorkin writing and used descriptors like "genious" "sensational" "brilliant" "intelligent" for the episode. Like easy CG, sucking up to the writers isn't going to give you spoilers that we know your not really getting any more.

So he was getting inside info and that stopped now? 

1 hour ago, theOAfc said:

So he was getting inside info and that stopped now? 

It seems so. He used to spoil all kind of stuff like the Olicity deleted kiss from 223 or the proposal, Felicity in a wheelchair, LL getting killed off..this year he hasn't spoiled anything big that I remember. 

3 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It seems so. He used to spoil all kind of stuff like the Olicity deleted kiss from 223 or the proposal, Felicity in a wheelchair, LL getting killed off..this year he hasn't spoiled anything big that I remember. 

IIRC CG didn't spoil LLs death, it was some Brazilian company or whatever that did... 

Edited by wonderwall
7 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

IIRC CG didn't spoil LLs death, it was some Brazilian company or whatever that did... 

Yeah it was someone from Brazil that released photos her company (tabloid?) bought off a different pap.

That being said, i do think some of his sources have either cut him out or moved onto different productions. 

He said he knew all along but decided not to spoil anything until the photos came out.

That seems to be his go to move this season. He won't spoil anything...but he totally knows everything.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Chaser said:

He said he knew all along but decided not to spoil anything until the photos came out.

That seems to be his go to move this season. He won't spoil anything...but he totally knows everything.

I have noticed that this year many things that he knows the fandom already knew . For example the spoiler about 5x10 ending with Tina ,he was trying to tease people on twitter but failed to realize many already knew about it literally weeks ago. Generally i think he also had some talks with show people(he talked last year to SA) and out of "respect" to them, decided to hold his info until much later in order to not spoil everything. Which is why he was not out shouting about LL dying last season even though he literally had photos with her name on the tombstone.

On 18 February 2017 at 10:25 AM, Chaser said:

I think he lost some access but is trying to convince people he hasn't. 

Yep that's how I'd sum it up. I can't say I'm terribly upset for him either.

On 18 February 2017 at 11:02 PM, tv echo said:

'Arrow' Poll: Should There Be More Political Stories? 
February 17, 2017  Derek Stauffer
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/arrow/arrow-poll-should-there-be-mor-63325.aspx

Oh Marc stop cheating on the poll :p

• Love 1

Didn't Stiles and Lydia just get together on the show to? They probably are a much happier motivated fandom then tge Olicity fandom who are largely infighting over if there's hope for the couple or not. 

That being said I never discount the Olicity fandom when it comes to polls.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Chaser said:

When I first voted in the last round, WA had a huge lead. It's typically who jumps on the poll first. However, I am expecting this one to the toughest round so far.

Their official twitter account RTed the poll... So, we're screwed lol

• Love 1

They aren't as organized as Olicity fans but a lot of olicity fans aren't voting this time it seems. I always separate Olicity from the show. I love the couple and will always vote for them no matter what situation is going on in the show.

• Love 2

Plus there's the whole "I'm above this show" mentality out there that I've seen and that section thinks that to vote in a fun silly little poll is to give the writers undue reward.

When I don't think a poll matters one way or the other except to motivate fandoms and create some healthy hopefully fun competition. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

Just an account that posted a photo of them and captioned it "two men"

Who is this? Now I'm not sure if you're talking about who I think you're talking about or if I'm off track!

I'm lining up at the bank today. Will be voting for Olicity until I get served!

27 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

One of them called Emily a man... 

Me: *sighs and opens 10 tabs*

WTF. Why are people like this, especially over fictional relationships?!

I hadn't actually voted in this poll at all but I've suddenly changed my mind. *Petty*

6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Beth Schwartz tweeted out a link to the poll and the writers room Twitter RTed that. Is that the first time they've acknowledged Olicity is in this poll or did anyone mention it the previous rounds? 

As far as I'm aware. Isn't Beth the one who runs the writers Twitter?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

We're not doing well! we're going down everytime I vote!

It's a satisfied fandom vs a non satisfied fandom that's infighting amongst itself over whether they should support the couple or not.

That being said the Stydia fandom have been ugly and troll like which is good motivation to not let them win. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

It's a satisfied fandom vs a non satisfied fandom that's infighting amongst itself over whether they should support the couple or not.

That being said the Stydia fandom have been ugly and troll like which is good motivation to not let them win. 

Aww now I'm a Stydia fan and I'm not a troll. Lol

If I'm on a non-mobile site I might consider visiting and giving Olicity a vote. The mobile site is a mess. But in previous years, I would have found a way to vote nonstop.  

So I totally get the infighting about whether to vote or not because honestly I don't like rewarding the show for the crapfest they have made Olicity. I do see wanting to reward the couple, but it does feel like a jagged edge sword, whatever you choose.

That being said, I really dont understand the ugliness or trolling that goes on with these polls. Seriously, I wonder about the state of society's collective humanity.

Edited by kismet
Clarification

I don't feel any particular animosity towards any other fandoms, but I am voting because I would like to win just to force an interview, particularly when the PTB are promoting other ships just because their canon.  My pettiness is aimed at the EPs/PR/Geoff Johns.

• Love 8

I totally see that interview getting steamrolled by agendas. Both SA & EBR are too professional to not tow the company line.

That being said, best of luck to those amongst us that really want to win. I hope you get whatever you want from your efforts :)

6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I dare say that if they win Stephen and Emily will give at least one positive Olicity quote even if it's just a "don't give up there's always a chance" quote.

I am kinda amazed by how competent the fandom is when they chose to be! 

7 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Aww now I'm a Stydia fan and I'm not a troll. Lol

Sorry *hugs and kisses* I shouldn't generalise like that. I just saw some Olicity fans tweeting screen grabs of some nastiness but I'm sure there were some Olicity fans who were being just as ugly. 

Some people get a little intense.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Sorry *hugs and kisses* I shouldn't generalise like that. I just saw some Olicity fans tweeting screen grabs of some nastiness but I'm sure there were some Olicity fans who were being just as ugly. 

Some people get a little intense.

Aww thanks I love both Stydia and Olicity but it does get a bit embarrassing when you ship and you see how nasty some can be knowing that SOME generalize .

• Love 1