Type keyword(s) to search

Spec w/ Spoilers: Never Too Soon to be Disappointed

• Start Topic

Wanted to start a topic about Challenge Speculation/Spoilers of future challenges.

From what I heard from Vevmo, the next format for the new season will be.... EXES 2! Speculation of teams so far:

Thomas/Hailey (they chose Hailey over Jamie)

Robb/Marie

Trey/Laura

Dustin/Jess

Apparently they are trying damn hard to get some old school names on like Darrell, Rachel, and one other big name.

If Johanna ever comes back, she and Wes stand a good chance at getting picked.

Who would Darrell potentially be paired with? The only fling I remember him having was with Leah of RW Paris, but I think the Inferno was her one and only challenge.

(edited)

Who would Darrell potentially be paired with? The only fling I remember him having was with Leah of RW Paris, but I think the Inferno was her one and only challenge.

Rachel...He hooked up with Rachel either during their RR season or on a challenge, I keep forgetting. But, I think they are gunning for a Darrell/Rachel pairing, which I am praying happens.

They also have Dunbar as a final call, which means he is either an alternate or will be on the team. Since Kim and Paula won't be doing challenges, its down to KellyAnne and Aneesa. I pray that KA isn't wasted on Dunbar.

Edited by Charmqn
(edited)

Apparently they're trying really hard to get Heather for Dustin but she's not having any of it. I say good for her but at the same time I would love to see her back. Better than Jessica, ugh.

They also apparently tried and failed to get Svetlana or Trisha for Johnny Bananas.

If they want Darrell, i say try to get Leah! Chances of it happening are like non-existent, but hey I can dream. Let's get Ace and Mallory while we're at it, hah.

So happy they chose Hailey over Jamie. First of all, Jamie isn't Tom's ex anyways and also, she's awful.

Edited by Craphole Island

Hold up. Sevetlana and Johnny were a thing? I watched their season-didn't she have a boyfriend during their season? Did it happen off camera?

Sorry, I should have clarified. No, they were never a thing. There was flirtation on their season, but rumor is that the the casting directors want Johnny so much (and apparently Svetlana) that they were willing to stretch it, which they've been known to do.

Johnny and Trisha did hook up off seasons though. In fact, Johnny used to brag about how he slept with all of the girls from RW Sydney (except Parisa).

Rachel...He hooked up with Rachel either during their RR season or on a challenge, I keep forgetting. But, I think they are gunning for a Darrell/Rachel pairing, which I am praying happens.

They also have Dunbar as a final call, which means he is either an alternate or will be on the team. Since Kim and Paula won't be doing challenges, its down to KellyAnne and Aneesa. I pray that KA isn't wasted on Dunbar.

Who is Kim? There are a lot of people on here these days that I don't know but I don't remember anybody named Kim.

I believe Paula is pregnant right now.

Jamie (RW Explosion) just tweeted something that seems like she and Thomas broke up. But, some inside sources think she is desperate enough to fake a break up, so she can take Hailey's spot.

Sorry, I should have clarified. No, they were never a thing. There was flirtation on their season, but rumor is that the the casting directors want Johnny so much (and apparently Svetlana) that they were willing to stretch it, which they've been known to do.

Yeah, they have been trying to get people like Svetlana, Heather M, KellyAnne for a while and they all have said no. The last time Svetlana and KA were close to coming back was Battle of the Seasons.

So if hooking up once on a challenge makes people exes we could see - 

Wes/Leroy and Theresa

Marlon and Derek/Nany

Zach and Jonna

CT and Laurel/Mandi/Shauvon/Nany/Anastasia/Cooke etc etc etc

I like the singles challenges the best, wish we could see another duel. 

Also it'd be cool if there was a rule people couldn't do say 2 or three challenges in a row. At least that would give us a guaranteed break from the people we're sick of (ie Johnny for me)

From what I heard from Vevmo, the next format for the new season will be.... EXES 2! Speculation of teams so far:

Apparently they are trying damn hard to get some old school names on like Darrell, Rachel, and one other big name.

If I've got my dates right, the season will be airing right around the twentieth anniversary of Pedro Zamora's death, so maybe someone from RW: San Francisco?

If I've got my dates right, the season will be airing right around the twentieth anniversary of Pedro Zamora's death, so maybe someone from RW: San Francisco?

And just like that, I feel so very old.

Did anyone besides Puck ever do any of the challenges?

• Love 1

What if Johnny came back stuck with Casey?  He'd probably kill her the first day.

Don't forget that Mark Long said he wanted to come back again.  Wasn't his last challenge Exes 1 with Robin?  It seems like a waste to have him come back for the same thing, but if they could get Jodi then at least he'd have a shot.

I would like to see legitimate exes only, and don't forget they didn't even have to be seen onscreen for the first challenge cast.  Everyone was all "Rachel and Aneesa, wuh?".

(edited)

I heard that Laurel recently tweeted about a breakup with Jordan - whoever it was on EHG that was speculating about him setting himself up for an exes season with her was spot on.  

I know Thomas and Hailey (or Jamie?) will be representing RW: Ex-plosion, but I'm also really hoping for Jenny and either Brian or Cory.  She made the whole season for me, and I really want to see her on The Challenge.

Edited by Ffiferoo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm the opposite, in the sense that I don't know who I'd want to see again. In fact, I keep meaning to write to CT on my blog about retiring from the show altogether. The only person that comes up for me is Devyn because she gives great interviews, but I'd want her to host, as opposed to almost dying in final missions. And I'd like to see Arielle again, because she looks like she could last for a long while on a Challenge, but I know she's too normal for the show.

ETA: I think if they go back to "Battle of the Exes," BMP should consider bringing in couples that haven't broken up yet. It would be risky, since we might get Abram back, but I reckon things would get more interesting that way.

Edited by Lantern7

BOOOO @ another Battle of the Exes.  I was hoping for a team challenge like Cutthroat or something.  The only thing that would make up for this "Exes" format would be if Jenny and Brian from EX-PLOSION! are on the season.  They MADE that show. 

I heard that Laurel recently tweeted about a breakup with Jordan - whoever it was on EHG that was speculating about him setting himself up for an exes season with her was spot on.

Would not surprise me at all.  You had to figure it wouldn't take long before some of these people started trying to create rivalries and romantic relationships to be teamed up with strong partners on Rivals and Exes.  And Jordan is certainly mercenary enough to do just that. 

Per Vevmo, here is the current speculated cast for next season (mostly likely Exes 2):

1. Johnny Bananas/Nany (on/off hookup for 2 years offscreen)

2. Darrell/Rachel (Campus Crawl)

3. Thomas/Hailey (Ex-Plosion)

4. Jay/Jenna (Ex-Plosion)

5. Knight/Jemmye (NOLA 2)

6. Eric/Sahar (NOLA 2)

7. Johnny/Averey (Portland)

8. Dustin/Jessica (Free Agents)

9. Zach/Jonna (BOTSeasons 2)

10. Dunbar/Ashli (Sydney)

11. Trey/Laura (St. Thomas)

12. Swift/Latoya (St. Thomas) or Swift/Jasmine (Free Agents)

And some combination of Nia/Jordan/Leroy/Theresa/Sarah/Wes. It depends on who ends up on the challenge but it could be Nia/Leroy, Sarah/Jordan, Wes/Theresa, or Jordan/Nia and Leroy/Theresa. Potentially Alton/Sarah but doubtful. Marie/Robb are apparently out.

I reckon the "rookies" might be first out. And I'm not thrilled that we'd see Johnny again. Maybe BMP should just give him a steady job and spare the pretense.

Darrell & Rachel were a couple? When?!?

(edited)

I reckon the "rookies" might be first out. And I'm not thrilled that we'd see Johnny again. Maybe BMP should just give him a steady job and spare the pretense.

Darrell & Rachel were a couple? When?!?

They flirted on Campus Crawl. I can't remember if ever materialized into anything (hookup), but there was definitely something between them back then. Even though she had a girlfriend at the time I believe.

Also, if those speculated are on the cast, there would be 7 first-timers (Thomas, Hailey, Jay, Jenna, Averey, Eric, Sahar) plus Ashli who appeared on The Island (which basically doesn't count.) But yeah, it really does look like Johnny could take this one again, which ugh.

Edited by Craphole Island

I think it won't air until at least January.  IDK what that means for airing concurrently with TRW, but I think they'll do TRW first, & then the new Challenge season.  Unless we're getting two Challenges next year.  If so, Challenge in January (maybe as early a start as November), TRW in March/April, & another challenge next summer or early fall.

Filming begins next week for the 26th season, so we'll have to see what happens.

Knowing BMP, they probably will. I know they've whitewashed departures before (Piggy, The Inferno), but they seem like the sort to milk a cancer relapse for all their worth. Poor Diem . . . she shouldn't have to deal with that crap, especially at her relatively young age.

Speculation: Even if BMP does whitewash things, do you think that the drama would be minimized because everybody's mind would be on Diem? I know that booze and sex will inevitably lead to drama, but there's a chance that there won't be actual fighting because everybody has perspective. It's like of like how the original Battle of the Seasons wound up being one big collusion fest, because it took place after the events of 9/11. Sure, there was drama (Stephen, the Wicks, etc.), and the format left us with twelve players for roughly half the season, but they seem more human compared to the monsters we have running around today.

I think it will depend on how much they're actually told. In other words, if TJ and the producers just keep it vague, as in just saying Diem was too sick to compete but nothing about her having cancer again, being rushed to emergency surgery, etc. then I can see them continuing on with the challenge as normal. And I believe they're cut off from all their devices while doing a challenge so they wouldn't know the full extent. However, if they tell them the full story that she was rushed to surgery and all that, I do think some, maybe not all may struggle a bit. I'm thinking about the people who've been on Challenges for awhile and who know Diem on a personal level, like Johnny, Wes, etc.

Come on, during the Duel 2, they almost watched CT murder Adam and it didn't really alter much.

I don't think that's exactly the same thing. Yes, CT was a psycho that night but sadly, with all the increased drama/violence as the show has gone on, I think it was very easy for them all to chalk it up to people having too much to drink and well CT being a nut. But production stepped in, the situation got diffused - I can see why the competitors left would not harp on it for the rest of the competition.

And as I recall, it was after that incident, some people like Evan and Kenny I believe were vocal about not wanting CT on the challenges anymore. Unfortunately for them, the incident with Tonya became public and so they had no say in anything anymore as they're not allowed to compete themselves. But this situation with Diem is vastly different. The girl passed out during the challenge and is maybe likely fighting for her life. I think that would definitely give some of the people there some perspective.

Edited by truthaboutluv

Poor Diem.

I think it will depend on how they choose to edit it.  I don't think I'd be able to judge any of the cast members for going about the usual Challenge business, because this is a job for them and they'll still have the usual issues that come along with being trapped in a house together.

I liked Are You the One? enough that I'm glad to see the shows merging for The Challenge.  It's better than another Fresh Meat.

Tmz is reporting that Knight has been found dead: http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/27/ryan-knight-dead-dies-real-world/

With this being the case, as well as Diem passing since this last season was taped, should they not even air this season at all? I am already so worried for how they will portray Diem and CT's exit from the show- Will they show her passing out, etc- I really think that they should not even air it at all. Now that 2 people from the as-yet-to-be-aired season have died, I think that it would be for the best, esp if Knight is acting the same way during this season as he has always- very drunk and disorderly. I am thinking of the "I love Money" season that they taped and never aired because of the Ryan Jenkins situation. I know this isn't exactly the same, but I don't see how this season of the Challenge will be anything like the other ones.

Knight is in BOTE2? Dang. I could go without a Challenge, even if it meant the ensuing season would be ruined by the Skeleton kids. And now I feel bad for bad-mouthing him when he was going on about Diem's passing

After Johnny and Nany's smug "we'll send you a postcard!" comments as Wes and Theresa were leaving, I hope that the very first thing Theresa does when she gets pulled back into the final is send their asses a "having a great time, glad you're not here!" post card.  

• Love 1