Whimsy
  • Start Topic

image.png.62cfba76e5f3e7fddd67b9b8fd403c66.png

From CBS.com

Noura Salman

Biography

Hometown: London / Bethesda, Maryland
Current residence: North Potomac, Maryland

Hobbies: Working out, creating healthy foods and beverages in the kitchen, traveling, and social media posting on self-help, food, and fitness.

Pet peeves: People lacking personal hygiene and table manners. I also cannot stand or be friends with people who are selfish, self-absorbed, or stingy.

Three words to describe you: Ambitious, passionate, and energetic.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Experiencing the world, living in many places, trying many jobs, careers, and businesses. Exploring many different people and relationships; going out on my own and making my own living and path best suited for me!

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My mom. She is the most generous, loving, thoughtful, hardworking, and humble person I know. She has always encouraged us to "be ourselves" and do what makes us happy. She struggled financially for 20 years and emotionally in her marriage to my dad, but still gave us the world—happily and gracefully.

What's one thing we wouldn't know from seeing a photo of you?
I love frogs. I don't drink and have never done a drug or smoked a cigarette in my life.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Malcolm. Physically strong and great at puzzles and problem solving and genuinely liked by most people. And easy on the eyes. But underestimated with a low threat-factor like Fabio and Jud.

What's your primary motivation for being on Survivor?
Finally use all of my talents, skills, and abilities and push myself to the highest physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual limits I've ever reached.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I'm multidimensional and not just one thing or person. I'm the nerd, jock, and model with brains, brawn, and beauty. Most importantly, I have the social skills needed to both win and influence people, and relentless drive to go after what I want.

It was tragic that Noura was made to sit out rather than be the caller.  We lost what would have been one of the greatest moments in the history of comedy.  This loss can never be replaced.  

At least we got a small sample during her practice.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It was tragic that Noura was made to sit out rather than be the caller.  We lost what would have been one of the greatest moments in the history of comedy.  This loss can never be replaced.  

A taste of forbidden fruit - so sweet,

But ne’er to be sampled again....

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I just picture the tribe picking her up blindfolded and chugging her into the ocean.  Or into Probst.  Or maybe they could have recruited Karishma to do it since she said she can throw people.  Either way I think Tommy wouldn't have been the only one taking a groin hit had Noura been the caller.

I loved Rob and Sandra's reaction to her at IOTI.  They may exile themselves if they see her coming again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

She's my favorite kind of awful. She doesn't have an actual handicap that makes me uncomfortable for laughing at her. She's just too full of her own loony perceptions to slow down and listen to anyone else. And she's not evil. She doesn't make me angry at the show for casting her, as many others have. She just makes me wonder who thought it was a good idea for her to apply to this show in the first place? Was it just... everybody around that needed a break from her? Can't say I blame them. But for less than one hour a week, I'm enjoying the hell out of how squirrely she is. Honestly, if she somehow managed to win the whole game, that would be hilarious.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, phlebas said:

The Debbie Wanner is strong with this one.

But she entertains me more than Indian J'Tia on the other tribe.

Debbie seemed more mean spirited and angry.  Noura is just annoying, stupid and socially awkward, in a hilarious way.

The way she talks, she reminds me of a combination of 2 minor "Seinfeld" characters.  Elaine's roommate and her co-worker, Toby, who Jerry revenge heckled, in her office, causing her to lose her pinky toe. (Thankfully, Kramer, aka Batman, saved the valuable appendage).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

She's my favorite kind of awful. She doesn't have an actual handicap that makes me uncomfortable for laughing at her. She's just too full of her own loony perceptions to slow down and listen to anyone else. And she's not evil. She doesn't make me angry at the show for casting her, as many others have. She just makes me wonder who thought it was a good idea for her to apply to this show in the first place? Was it just... everybody around that needed a break from her? Can't say I blame them. But for less than one hour a week, I'm enjoying the hell out of how squirrely she is. Honestly, if she somehow managed to win the whole game, that would be hilarious.

I agree.  She is in the same ballpark as Angelina for me.   I would hate to see someone like them win, but watching them flounder in their lack of self awareness is fun. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Can this woman just go now, please? I missed a couple of episodes, but I have yet to see anything compelling about her. Her inferiority complex is just too much. At least that idol has now been wasted, so Jamal can't use it to really save her sometime in the future, I guess.

I have to admit that she is kind of growing on me.  Yes, she's a bit crazy, but anyone who dislikes Jamal is OK in my book.  I loved that he wanted Jeff to call her out on thinking about a women's alliance and instead of cowering to the almighty Jamal she came right out and said "yeah Jeff I've thought about it and yeah Jamal I've thought about voting you out".  She's got gumption.  And the shallow in me says she looks good in her Victoria's Secret matching bra and panties, and she knows it.

I think she's a lot different than Angelina Keeley.  Angelina was completely delusional and believed in her own awesomeness and had a very curious view of how she perceived herself and how others perceived her value.  Angelina was always about self-promoting Angelina.  I don't think Noura is like that at all.  Of course Noura wants to do well in the game but she doesn't have this conceited opinion of herself like Angie.  Noura seems more like someone who left her ADHD drugs at home accidentally, and really needs them.

• Love 8

Mid season interview with Noura.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-island-idols-noura-boston-rob-sandra-merge-1253822

I found this part particularly hilarious.

"I think what people need to realize with the visit to Rob and Sandra is that they are villains and that is not my personality. I am more of the hero/heroine role, so it was actually hard for me to take advice from villains. When they gave me the various options of persuading my tribe, all of these were villain approaches. I didn’t feel comfortable executing because they are simply not me or my style. You can see the distinction when I said "heart" / heroine and Rob said "ego" / villain. "

she also has zero f**ks to give about how she is portrayed

"Honestly, I am loving it! I know I am intense, opinionated and beat to the rhythm of my own drum. This isn’t anything new to me, but I will tell you I am having fun with it. I am embracing the experience. I told myself coming into this I wasn’t going to walk around on eggshells on how I am coming off to others and coming off on cameras. I didn’t want to waste an ounce of energy on thinking about how I am going to be portrayed."

• Love 3
13 hours ago, LanceM said:

"I think what people need to realize with the visit to Rob and Sandra is that they are villains and that is not my personality. I am more of the hero/heroine role, so it was actually hard for me to take advice from villains. When they gave me the various options of persuading my tribe, all of these were villain approaches. I didn’t feel comfortable executing because they are simply not me or my style. You can see the distinction when I said "heart" / heroine and Rob said "ego" / villain. "

coffee lol GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 2