Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Forgot About Dre

spinxella
  • Start Topic

Dre continues to stay in federal custody; Jason charges Tommy and Ghost with kidnapping Alicia Jiminez; LaKeisha learns more about drugs from Tommy; Tariq's business achieves respectable success; Tasha crafts her own business plan.

The Joe intro is back!

I just want Ghost and Tommy to be cool again. I miss their dynamic together. I thought that at the end was going to set that up, but not so much. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 3

Keisha looked so silly when she stepped out of Tommy's car.

Leave it to Jason to be the reason Ghost and Tommy can find a way to reunite. They went through all this Alicia kidnapping/murder plot so Tommy can see Ghost. At least Tommy asked Jason the obvious question "Why...?".

How convenient for Proctor's daughter to retrieve her bag and miss the recording of Tommy.

The show made the police look so inept in the courthouse. Bringing Dre in at the wrong time. No camera/eyes on Charlie switching the glasses. No female officer could go in the restroom and watch Alicia. No one questions Keisha leaving the restroom when they were told it's all clear. The police just give up and can't find an ambulance that left minutes ago.

Now Cooper Saxe is the last one standing from the original group to solve all this. Well the criminals he's pursuing can rest easy, they have won this war. 

As soon as we had to be reminded numerous times of Ramona's martital status and Ghost dropping the news of his divorce, the countdown clock started for their hookup.

It seemed odd for Effie to ask Tariq the name of his connect. Will we find out she was in the drug game before she arrived at Choate or (probably unlikely) could she be a snitch for the police?

It's going too well for Tariq now. Most likely Tommy lite Brayden will screw up this little campus enterprise. I can see them being expelled soon.

Now Tariq is foolish showing off his money to his mother and thinks he is playing Ghost.

I hope Dre dies for killing Donovan and shooting him in front of his daughter to see (with blood on her). 

Poor Yasmine had a bad day, she had to smell weed on her mother, told she can't stay with Ghost for the weekend, and had the leave the table before finishing dinner.  

Tate lies to Ghost about the construction, beats a staff member and sleeps with his wife. He has all the outstanding qualities neccessary to be the next governor.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, funnygirl said:

The Joe intro is back!

I just want Ghost and Tommy to be cool again. I miss their dynamic together. I thought that at the end was going to set that up, but not so much. 

That was a good episode. Ooooh weee that Larenz Tate does it for me!! I loved his sex scene. Yes!!

Hey, I bet Omari’s wife is hot as fish grease cause the chemistry he has with ole DNC girl from DC felt real to me. Ain’t that much acting and sparkly eyes in the world. This was good, yes sir!

Dre is as slimy as they come. For some reason, I actually liked Tariq tonight.

OMG, that hit on Dre was unbelievable. Who would put their child into that kind of situation? Dre's little girl is likely messed up for life now.

Tate screwing his campaign manager's wife probably won't end well. For her.

Work it, Keisha. I thought those black boots were fierce. Her getting involved in Tommy's business is a big mistake though.

Not "rich" rich. Right. Whatever, I think Tariq's new partner Effie is definitely undercover on some 21 Jump Street ish.

I don't know about Tariq letting people call him Riq now. I guess he's never watched Game of Thrones or he wouldn't allow it.

Lol, Tommy looked over at James like, "🎶Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you're part of a team!🎶 James should not have tried to pull off such a complicated scheme alone.

No female officer could go in the restroom and watch Alicia.

Yeah, that jumped out at me too. The male agent who went in there before she did really half-assed it. Someone wanting to kill her could've been in that out-of-service stall.

He has all the outstanding qualities neccessary to be the next governor.

At least.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Keisha looked so silly when she stepped out of Tommy's car.

She did. 

So how long before Tommy and Ghost kiss, make up and take Jason out?

Tommy remains my MVP and he and Tasha smoking weed and bemoaning their financial situations was gold LOL

18 hours ago, mxc90 said:

As soon as we had to be reminded numerous times of Ramona's martital status and Ghost dropping the news of his divorce, the countdown clock started for their hookup.

I continue to hate Ghost and good lord I don't need Naevia falling for him. Where is Crixus when you need him.

I officially hate Dre now. Hoping Saxe has him twisting in the wind for as long as possible. 

11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Not "rich" rich. Right. Whatever, I think Tariq's new partner Effie is definitely undercover on some 21 Jump Street ish.

I hope you are right!

11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't know about Tariq letting people call him Riq now. I guess he's never watched Game of Thrones or he wouldn't allow it.

LOL

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 5

Rest in Peace Donovan!  You were actually one of the decent, somewhat competent ones on that team.  Dre has been and will always be a piece of shit.  And he did that in front of his kid?  He better get his by the end of this series.  

On 9/8/2019 at 12:59 PM, mxc90 said:

The show made the police look so inept in the courthouse.

This show made everyone look inept this episode, more than usual.  The district attorney's office, the federal marshals, the bailiffs.  Every single one of them failed massively and spectacularly at shit that should be basic to their job functions.  If it was my team, everybody would be fired!

18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lol, Tommy looked over at James like, "🎶Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you're part of a team!🎶 James should not have tried to pull off such a complicated scheme alone.

That was so funny, because it's true.  Jamie doesn't know how to be a part of team and he doesn't understand what true leadership looks like.  And even when he's asking for help, he's being rude and pissy.  Like dude, do you really think Tommy wants to partner with you after you essentially tell him that he's awful at his job? (And after you tried to murder him??)  And Jamie had the nerve to be shocked after Tommy turned him down.  

• Love 6

1. I was rooting for Dre until he shot Donovan- now I’m done with him. Donovan kept he and his daughter ALIVE, clutched that baby to his chest and protected them and then he shot him in cold blood, while his daughter WATCHED. Omg I’m so done. 

2. Fuck Tariq- as usual. Why why why is he is such an asshole. Coming to his mother’s new apartment, when they TOLD HIS ASS to stay at school, then insulting her and offering her money. I was on Tasha’s side when she told them both to leave the apartment. If Tariq really felt remorse for the things he did that got Rhina killed he would quit this shit and live a better life! Ghost is spending a lot of money to send him to Choate- leave the drug game Tariq.

3. Tasha’s Mom is being very unfair to her. Really- the dumbest thing Tasha did was sign that prenup (cause it’s awful- WHO let her do that!!), but JAMES left HER. There was nothing Tasha could do! I assume Tasha’s contingency plan if James died or was convicted was to run the legal businesses without him. James is going to have to give her SOMETHING to get started- like why not hand over a couple of the Laundry Mats (he still has some right???) there’s no reason for him to be this fucking greedy. 

4. Tommy was right- Ghost lost because he has NO ONE, because he backstabbed everyone. If he had treated Tasha half way decently (because she was a great wife to him) even if he wanted to be with Angela (who’s now DEAD) she would’ve helped him. It looked like Tommy was going to cry on the dock. Ghost treating him this way has broken his heart. 

• Love 3

Too much 'Reek, too much 'Tasha, and too much Tate in the ep for me.  Hopefully the final scene of the series will be the white roommate smothering 'Reek with a pillow in his sleep.

A major drug kingpin was able to escape custody after the assassination attempt of a federal witness that led to the death of numerous federal agents?  Sure.

Dre's a worse father than Ghost... that ain't easy to do.

• Love 6

I hate Tariq. He has has every opportunity Ghost didn’t, and he appreciates none of it. I am not sure if the director wants us to feel bad for him because his sister is dead, but I know I don’t. Whenever Raina is referenced in a scene with him, I get mad because he is the reason she’s dead. Then he squanders the amazing education he is receiving at Choate by selling drugs. In contrast, if Raina were at Choate now, she would be studying hard and acting in the school play.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

I hate Tariq. He has has every opportunity Ghost didn’t, and he appreciates none of it. I am not sure if the director wants us to feel bad for him because his sister is dead, but I know I don’t. Whenever Raina is referenced in a scene with him, I get mad because he is the reason she’s dead. Then he squanders the amazing education he is receiving at Choate by selling drugs. In contrast, if Raina were at Choate now, she would be studying hard and acting in the school play.

This, and he's a smug POS on top of it. Him thinking he got over on Ghost with his fake hug, did Ghost find his stash? I hope so.

• Love 2
On 9/8/2019 at 3:59 PM, mxc90 said:

The show made the police look so inept in the courthouse. Bringing Dre in at the wrong time. No camera/eyes on Charlie switching the glasses. No female officer could go in the restroom and watch Alicia. No one questions Keisha leaving the restroom when they were told it's all clear. The police just give up and can't find an ambulance that left minutes ago.

Yep. It was beyond ridiculous. And of course, public restrooms aren't that private that the officer couldn't have seen Keisha sitting through the cracks.  And we're supposed to believe that not even her lawyer would've have gone with her in the restroom with her or even one or two of male bailiffs (someone could've held the door open if that was a concern)? I mean, this is a case where multiple federal agents were just killed trying to protect the witness, and the officers just left the defendant (not handcuffed or anything) in the bathroom alone? GMAFB!

Not to mention, do Keisha, Tommy and the crew, and Ghost think there are no surveillance cameras anywhere in a federal courthouse? That no one would be able to connect the dots? The show really shoulda thought this one through a little bit more. It would've made more sense to get her during the transport. This was just silly. 

Edited by Jess14
typo
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yep. It was beyond ridiculous. And of course, public restrooms aren't that private that the officer couldn't have seen Keisha sitting through the cracks.  And we're supposed to believe that not even her lawyer wouldn't have gone with her in the restroom with her or even one or two of male bailiffs (someone could've held the door open if that was a concern)? I mean, this is a case where multiple federal agents were just killed trying to protect the witness, and the officers just left the defendant (not handcuffed or anything) in the bathroom alone? GMAFB!

Not to mention, do Keisha, Tommy and the crew, and Ghost think there are no surveillance cameras anywhere in a federal courthouse? That no one would be able to connect the dots. The show really shoulda thought this one through a little bit more. It would've made more sense to get her during the transport. This was just silly. 

Also, shouldn't a cop ride with Alicia in the ambulance? 

I had to laugh when Dre told Saxe: Ghost was there and Saxe just dismisses this piece of information. Plus he didn't seemed sure or follow up when Alicia said "Bushwick" (Wait! Was that a confession?) The poor guy needs help.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Also, shouldn't a cop ride with Alicia in the ambulance? 

I had to laugh when Dre told Saxe: Ghost was there and Saxe just dismisses this piece of information. Plus he didn't seemed sure or follow up when Alicia said "Bushwick" (Wait! Was that a confession?) The poor guy needs help.

Everything involving the prosecutors is comical at this point lol. Watching Power, you would think that federal prosecutors just drop dead every day. I mean, we’re up to 4 (?) now, all murdered, from the same team (in New York of all places), and they expect us to believe that this wouldn’t be a massive public scandal? That Tameka would be the only fired, and that Saxe would still be bumbling around?  Cmon.

• Love 1
On 9/8/2019 at 11:00 PM, announcergirl said:

Ooooh weee that Larenz Tate does it for me!! I loved his sex scene. Yes!!

I combed through all these postings and was like, I know somebody better have a comment about that scene.....CLAUDE have mercy, from Tate asking whose was it to getting his 'head' desserts, Mr. Vixenstud is lucky he wasn't in the room at the time, nukka would be in ER getting re-hydrated by now!

Edited by Vixenstud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1