• Start Topic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Lisin said:

(OMG guys, Chuy's in Virginia! I'm so excited! This means nothing to anyone outside of Texas and I am sorry!!)

Special of the Day at Chuy's around here is Hatch green chili chimichanga, and until Hatch-fest in September makes Saturday the best day to go to Chuys

(edited)

Going to add some updates to @Lisin's list. I'm the Seer and I opted to look at two unclaimed roles. 

• Doppelganger 
  • Werewolf
  • Werewolf  
  • Minion - unclaimed role
  • Masons 
  • Seer - Claimed by egavasc (it's true!)
  • Apprentice Seer - unclaimed role
  • Robber 
  • Troublemaker - Claimed by @SILVERSTORMM
  • Drunk 
  • Insomniac 
  • Villager - Claimed by @MACHIABELLY
  • Villager - Claimed by @MUUMUUCHAINSMOKER
  • Villager 
  • Hunter
  • Tanner 

Other players who have checked in but not revealed much else:

• @MARKHB claims team village 
  • @DEADPOOL claims team village
  • @LISIN claims team village
  • @AQUARIAN1 claims team village
  • @SVNBOB claims to know where the Doppelganger is (Hinting at Robber maybe, since Apprentice Seer is unclaimed? Could also be mason, wolf, insomniac)
  • @JESSE claims team village
  • @saoirse claims villager and claims that she can confirm someone else who started as a villager (Doppleganger or Robber?
  • @OinkyBoinky claims to not be able to give info until further night actions are in 
  • @CuriousParker doesn't want to make a claim until she knows if she's been swapped

Players we haven't heard from yet:

• aethera
Edited by egavasc
Other people (i.e. MarkHB) are smarter than me
(edited)

Ah! Didn't think of that. Have edited my previous post (rather than repost giant list). 

*Edited to add the thought that perhaps my previous post edit is not kosher. Only added the possibility that saoirse could be the robber and that SVNBob could be mason, wolf, insomniac. My apologies for blanking on the whole "Don't edit posts" rule! 

Edited by egavasc
  • Love 1

Just a reminder that @aethera won't be on before late tomorrow night, per her earlier post.

I'll be back at my computer late Sunday night, but won't be around for Day until mid-morning Monday, I'm guessing - Monday first thing tends to be very busy at work! (Oh, and I'm in US Eastern time )

Also, I was on mobile when I posted earlier, and kept it short for that reason, but I wasn't trying to claim Robber or Doppleganger. I'm actually a Mason. Or started as one, anyway.

• Love 1

If everyone is being truthful, then @SVNBob must have started as one of: Doppelganger, Robber, Wolf, or Insomniac. The Seers are accounted for, as is the Minion, and @saoirse implies she only knows of one other Mason and if the Doppelganger had copied a Mason there would have been two others at the lodge meeting.

Based on @SVNBob saying he knows where the doppelgänger is, he did not start out as the Robber or Insomniac. Because I started as the Insomniac and got Robbed last night so if he was the Robber that wouldn't tell him where the Doppelgänger is which means if @MarkHB logic is correct he's either the Doppelgänger himself, a Wolf or the Tanner.

Ok I'm going to reveal that @SVNBob was one of the two players I swapped. So Bob, if you started as the Doppelgänger and copied a Wolf or Tanner, or started as a Wolf or as the Tanner, now is the time to say what you know because then I can reveal who you I swapped you with.

Yes, it's possible that the drunk could pick up one of those roles. So we aim to not kill the Drunk on the chance that they swapped their role for the minion. But I think the Drunk is the only one who can pick up one of the unclaimed roles.

• Love 1

Well deduced everyone.  I am the Doppelganger (or was, according to Silver).  But I did not copy a Wolf or Tanner.  I copied someone else on Team Village, but not a Mason.  I won't reveal who or what just yet.

3 hours ago, egavasc said:

I think the Drunk is the only one who can pick up one of the unclaimed roles.

That is true.  Other roles can look at one or two, but only the Drunk can take an unclaimed. 

@egavasc, did Drogo label the unclaimed as I do; A, B, and C, or did he do something different?  Just the generality for now.  Don't specifically give the labels to what you saw yet.

7 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Because I started as the Insomniac and got Robbed last night

There is another scenario which would end up with you having the Robber but you not being the one Robbed.  But we need to hear from the Robber first before I'll detail that.  And I think that's the only role that needs to speak up before Oinky will be able to talk too.

So, updating Lisin's listy list:

• Doppelganger - claimed by SVNBob, no claim yet on who/what he copied.
  • Werewolf
  • Werewolf  
  • Minion - unclaimed role
  • Masons -  Claimed by @saoirse and  ?
  • Seer - Claimed by egavasc
  • Apprentice Seer - unclaimed role
  • Robber 
  • Drunk 
  • Insomniac - Claimed by @Deadpool, but Robbed thereof
  • Villager - Claimed by @CuriousParker
  • Hunter
  • Tanner 

And the incomplete claims.

• @JESSE claims team village
  • @OinkyBoinky claims to not be able to give info until further night actions are in
  • aethera will be in on Monday morning, arriving to a wall of text.
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, egavasc said:

I had the option to look behind Doors number 1, 2, or 3. 

Similar enough.  So now we need to find out what door the Drunk looked behind, or if it was already behind the door you didn't choose.

And since no-one has claimed Drunk yet, that possibility is looking more probable all the time.

36 minutes ago, Jesse said:

@aethera and anyone else is going to be behind the eight-ball when they get here on Monday!

True.  I think it's only aethera at this point.  But if I'm right about a suspicion of mine, they won't be coming back to face a mob.

10 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

Similar enough.  So now we need to find out what door the Drunk looked behind, or if it was already behind the door you didn't choose.

Mod Note: I randomly selected the Drunk's new role; I clearly misread "blindly." The Drunk did not get to pick their own door. 

The Drunk was randomly given Door 3. The Seer can choose to let the group know if that was one of the doors they opened. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jesse said:

an confirm what @Deadpool

For the record, I feel a little bad that we said Day would be on Monday -- @aethera and anyone else is going to be behind the eight-ball when they get here on Monday!

We started game discussion early but it will continue through tomorrow as planned originally - and voting can begin Tuesday (or before then if there's a 100% vote to vote.)

@aethera was going to be away and @MuuMuuChainsmoker was under the weather. 

• Love 1

In that case, if we assume everyone on the listy-list has told the truth, then the former Drunk can be one of only 3 roles: Wolf, Tanner, or Hunter. 

Odds are we can no longer trust the former Drunk, but we don't know if should DL them.

Ok, so to update the list:

So, updating Lisin's listy list:

• Doppelganger - claimed by SVNBob, no claim yet on who/what he copied.  Switched with ? per @SILVERSTORMM.
  • Werewolf
  • Werewolf  
  • Minion - unclaimed role (per egavasc)
  • Masons -  Claimed by @SAOIRSE and  ?
  • Seer - Claimed by egavasc
  • Apprentice Seer - unclaimed role (per egavasc)
  • Robber Claimed by @Jesse (Now the Insomniac)
  • Drunk Claimed by @Oinky Boinky
  • Insomniac - Claimed by @DEADPOOL, but Robbed thereof
  • Villager - Claimed by @CuriousParker
  • Hunter
  • Tanner 

And the incomplete claims/additional open questions.

• aethera will be in on Monday morning, arriving to a wall of text
  • Assuming that Silver is the troublemaker, who did she switch with Bob?
  • Assuming Bob is the Doppelganger, who did he copy?
On 22 May 2016 at 5:59 AM, SVNBob said:

Well deduced everyone.  I am the Doppelganger (or was, according to Silver).  But I did not copy a Wolf or Tanner.  I copied someone else on Team Village, but not a Mason.  I won't reveal who or what just yet.

So Bob, whom did you copy? Because that may confirm someone else's specific or team claim, which will enable them and you* to be taken off the suspect list.

*If you copied an as yet unrevealed role and the player confirms it to be correct.

I'm going on the fact that all the Village roles have been claimed, and there have been no counter-claims on anything.  Logically, @Lisin cannot be Team Village.  Which means that she should come clean with her role at this time.

• Love 1

Why can't I be Team Village? No one has claimed the Hunter... But also I'm not sure I believe you Bob. 

(Also also? Something is fucking up with my computer so I can't @ reply and everything sucks so I may be a bit slow to reply)

Damn.  Didn't work.

Confession time.  @Lisin can't be the Hunter, because I really copied @MarkHB, and he is the Hunter.

That's why one Wolf is either Lisin or aquarian.  It could be both, leaving Oinky as the Tanner, but I'm not too sure about that.

Confirming I'm the Hunter kind of negates the effectiveness of the Hunter, doesn't it?  Which is why I continue to be skeptical of the usefulness of the role in these games.

Suffice to say I won't be voting to DL @aethera.

My understanding is that DL's of a Wolf and the Tanner result in a shared victory for Town and Tanner.

2 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

My understanding is that DL's of a Wolf and the Tanner result in a shared victory for Town and Tanner.

2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

If the Tanner is killed, any other tied DL's don't matter.  The Tanner is "win-stealing."

Actually, Tanner can only win-steal from the Wolves.  See this flowchart.

pic1913868.jpg

1) I'm confused because I thought a Tanner DL was a win for the Tanner and that's why we always try to find the Tanner and not DL them.

2) Somebody's lying about their role and it isn't me.